ggswingtipsgolf.com shady business practices

raywutang

Contract of sale will usually cover defective goods so not sure the comparison is relevant.

Gym memberships comparison is relevant. But ask those gyms for a refund after you've been charged and see how you go. Yes you can cancel at anytime and your membership will expire at the end of the current PAID period. That's what has happened here, except the subscription is for 12 months not one.

Yes the company can make good if it chooses, but it is not obliged too. We all have choices as consumers. Company's also have choices too.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contract of sale will usually cover defective goods so not sure the comparison is relevant.

Gym memberships comparison is relevant. But ask those gyms for a refund after you've been charged and see how you go. Yes you can cancel at anytime and your membership will expire at the end of the current PAID period. That's what has happened here, except the subscription is for 12 months not one.

Yes the company can make good if it chooses, but it is not obliged too. We all have choices as consumers. Company's also have choices too.

Never had a gym membership where I signed up for a month and they hid an auto renewal in the fine print. Every one of them is up front about how you will be charged each month. The two cases aren’t even remotely similar.

Amazon Prime auto-renews and I never get an email or notification as to when that will happen. I keep trying to cancel it before the auto-renew but have no idea when it is. Then a few months later I look at my credit card and see the charge and I say, “Looks like I have Prime for another year.” I don’t need it. At all.

Shady for sure.

Never had a gym membership where I signed up for a month and they hid an auto renewal in the fine print. Every one of them is up front about how you will be charged each month. The two cases aren’t even remotely similar.

So true. Also the case when leasing a car.... first of all, what person doesn't know you get charged for extra mileage above the mileage you sign up for? I mean most people know how LONG they lease for, but to say that they wouldn't know the mileage stipulation is almost unbelievable. And I can guarantee that any salesperson or dealership who isn't reiterating the fact that, miles over = $$$$, isn't going to last too long, but I have never seen it happen. It's self preservation!!! Sometimes driving the point and facts home on numerous occasions up front, will save you at the back end. Unless you're trying to pull a fast one. The truth is, most people do not read those. They know it and try to take advantage of the fact that there is small print. Can they legally, I am sure if they want to fight to death, but is it really worth it? It just seems SHADY.

Amazon Prime auto-renews and I never get an email or notification as to when that will happen. I keep trying to cancel it before the auto-renew but have no idea when it is. Then a few months later I look at my credit card and see the charge and I say, "Looks like I have Prime for another year." I don't need it. At all.

Shady for sure.

First person ever to hate Amazon Prime.

I'm sure if you take notice what month you are getting charged each year, you can fix your issue before it comes round again....

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Amazon Prime auto-renews and I never get an email or notification as to when that will happen. I keep trying to cancel it before the auto-renew but have no idea when it is. Then a few months later I look at my credit card and see the charge and I say, “Looks like I have Prime for another year.” I don’t need it. At all.

Shady for sure.

Uhh did you know that there is an opt out box that you can check to not auto renew and that you can do it at any time during the full year to prevent the auto renewal? And yes, you do get a notification that your membership is about to expire. It’s pretty much self explanatory how prime works if you read the t&c and it’s not hidden from any view.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

Shady for sure.

Uhh did you know that there is an opt out box that you can check to not auto renew and that you can do it at any time during the full year to prevent the auto renewal? And yes, you do get a notification that your membership is about to expire. It’s pretty much self explanatory how prime works if you read the t&c and it’s not hidden from any view.

So your expert assessment, over the interwebs, is that I’m lieing about not getting any kind of notifications about the renewal? You’ve unraveled my web of lies Poirot.

For the record, I’ve never gotten any notification of any kind about the renewal. To say I’m lieing about it is straight up preposterous.

Shady for sure.

So your expert assessment, over the interwebs, is that I’m lieing about not getting any kind of notifications about the renewal? You’ve unraveled my web of lies Poirot.

For the record, I’ve never gotten any notification of any kind about the renewal. To say I’m lieing about it is straight up preposterous.

No one is saying you lied. Below is amazon’s terms and condition. Have you read the terms and conditions at all and is your state bound by a law that needs a company to notify you before auto renewing? Below are two excerpts regarding your issue:

Membership Cancellation

You may cancel your Prime membership any time by visiting Your Account and adjusting your membership settings. If you cancel within 3 business days of signing up for or converting from a free trial to a paid membership, we will refund your full membership fee; provided that we may charge you (or withhold from your refund) the value of Prime benefits used by you and your account during this 3-business day period. If you cancel at any other time, we will refund your full membership fee only if you and your account did not make any eligible purchases or take advantage of Prime benefits since your latest Prime membership charge. Prime memberships redeemed through a Prime gift code or promotional code are not refundable.

Fees and Renewal (Amazon uses caps, not me)

UNLESS YOU NOTIFY US BEFORE A CHARGE THAT YOU WANT TO CANCEL OR DO NOT WANT TO AUTO RENEW, YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR PRIME MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AND YOU AUTHORIZE US (WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW) TO COLLECT THE THEN-APPLICABLE MEMBERSHIP FEE AND ANY TAXES, USING ANY ELIGIBLE PAYMENT METHOD WE HAVE ON RECORD FOR YOU.

There is an opt out option located under your amazon Prime membership section in your account to stop auto renewal.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

• 2 months later...

FINAL UPDATE: After filing a CC dispute in October and getting a preliminary credit back for the unwanted auto-renewal, I received notice today that the preliminary credit back has been made permanent. CC ruled in my favor.

Side Note: I never did hear back from GG after his initial response to my Instagram DM regarding my issue.

Feels good to put this issue to rest finally. Thank you to everyone who contributed in a healthy way to this topic to stoke the debate. I appreciate the inputs!

MODS: let's lock this bad larry up!

FINAL UPDATE: After filing a CC dispute in October and getting a preliminary credit back for the unwanted auto-renewal, I received notice today that the preliminary credit back has been made permanent. CC ruled in my favor.

Side Note: I never did hear back from GG after his initial response to my Instagram DM regarding my issue.

Feels good to put this issue to rest finally. Thank you to everyone who contributed in a healthy way to this topic to stoke the debate. I appreciate the inputs!

MODS: let's lock this bad larry up!

Gucci!

• 1 month later...