Who do you base your teaching on ?

A question to teachers out there: who is your mentor ? It is a big forum with lots of teachers here, very small number of TGM versed, more MORAD versed but unwilling to speak so noone knows if they fake it or not. I have read certain posts for more than 10 days, never have seen disciples of Leadbettter, Haney, Hardy, Ballard, etc. Thoughts ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question to teachers out there: who is your mentor ? It is a big forum with lots of teachers here, very small number of TGM versed, more MORAD versed but unwilling to speak so noone knows if they fake it or not. I have read certain posts for more than 10 days, never have seen disciples of Leadbettter, Haney, Hardy, Ballard, etc. Thoughts ?

No mentor. Figured it out by starting from scratch.

Step 1 was finding patterns and commonalities of different skill levels.

Lenny Cole is a BAD man...

Titleist JDM TSi3  9*                     Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15*                        Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 2       Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA CB57 4-7                           MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Bettinardi TOUR DASS MiNoVai 3.0 Flowneck 34/350

No mentor. Figured it out by starting from scratch.

Step 1 was finding patterns and commonalities of different skill levels.

You must be a very talented man.

Someone has figured out every part of the golfswing nothing is new even the so called new biomechanics stuff premises where talked about in books in the 1930's

I have a collection of over a 100 golf instruction books mostly older teachers. I've gone to many teachers that I felt had a different prospective to learn from can't say I teach from one teachers methods but I definitely base a lot of my concepts on TGM or MORAD principles.

Someone has figured out every part of the golfswing nothing is new even the so called new biomechanics stuff premises where talked about in books in the 1930's

I have a collection of over a 100 golf instruction books mostly older teachers. I've gone to many teachers that I felt had a different prospective to learn from can't say I teach from one teachers methods but I definitely base a lot of my concepts on TGM or MORAD principles.

Paul Runyan, professional player in the 1930's wrote this.

What facility do you teach out of and what are your rates ?

Thanks for that excerpt, I've always been a big Paul Runyan fan, I had a good friend when I was younger that worked with him and Phil Rodgers and would share the jewels of wisdom. I especially love his finding your personal never up never in Range when putting.

It shows these players where well learned and really understood the golfswing. A few years ago they where acting like the old ball flights where wrong. As you can see here Runyan had it all along very cool. Thanks again

Thanks for that excerpt, I've always been a big Paul Runyan fan, I had a good friend when I was younger that worked with him and Phil Rodgers and would share the jewels of wisdom. I especially love his finding your personal never up never in Range when putting.

It shows these players where well learned and really understood the golfswing. A few years ago they where acting like the old ball flights where wrong. As you can see here Runyan had it all along very cool. Thanks again

I teach on any sunny driving range in the USA

Specifically orange and LA county and my Fee is gratitude

Ah ... no thanks. I'd rather pay someone like Monte or Gankas - years of experience and they can break 80 on a regular basis.

And they say "free is good" lol .

I could care less about "teaching credentials".If a guy walked up to me on a range and said "Dude,you've got this all wrong and I'm going to correct your thinking.Your swing sucks because you think you have to(fill in the blank) and now let me show you something,etc etc" and then a lightbulb went off in my brain and started me on a road to true Improvement I would probably offer the guy whatever amount of money he wanted right there on the spot all the while holding back tears of joy.

The truth is that some people,like me,just suck and have no talent and no matter what anybody tries to teach them it's not going to help in the long run.

Good idea go to those guys I heard a lot of people like doing there drills and it's been very helpful to their golf

I wasn't trying to get students just answering the question, I just teach friends

Their*

Also, maybe you should work on your game before helping others with theirs. You're a decent recreational golfer, yes, but certainly not teacher material.

Good idea go to those guys I heard a lot of people like doing there drills and it's been very helpful to their golf

I wasn't trying to get students just answering the question, I just teach friends

Their*

Also, maybe you should work on your game before helping others with theirs. You're a decent recreational golfer, yes, but certainly not teacher material.

He's not "teacher material"? Let me explain something to you.Just because a person is not a teacher by title or doesn't have credentials does not mean they can't help others who are not as good as they are.I play pool and billiards at a very high level(higher than most could ever dream of)and the vast majority of what I learned and how I got there had NOTHING to do with established "teachers".In fact,I could wipe the floor with most respected teachers in my area and I learned from guys who played better than me,not teachers.

My point is that everybody learns things in there own way and to make a judgment like you just made is foolish!

Nice calling me out

So because I'm currently a 4 hcp with a full time job and also my own small business with employees and a family of 5 I have nothing to contribute? A lot of professional golfers that I help would think otherwise.

Most people with F/T jobs don't play the number of rounds you do so consider yourself lucky. What pros you teachin ?

Their*

He's not "teacher material"? Let me explain something to you.Just because a person is not a teacher by title or doesn't have credentials does not mean they can't help others who are not as good as they are.I play pool and billiards at a very high level(higher than most could ever dream of)and the vast majority of what I learned and how I got there had NOTHING to do with established "teachers".In fact,I could wipe the floor with most respected teachers in my area and I learned from guys who played better than me,not teachers.

My point is that everybody learns things in there own way and to make a judgment like you just made is foolish!

Pool/billiards don't translate to golf ? You said yourself you suck. Your rant sounds like you blew a lot of dough on lessons and never got better.

Their*

Pool/billiards don't translate to golf ? You said yourself you suck. Your rant sounds like you blew a lot of dough on lessons and never got better.

If you can't understand then don't reply.You went way off into left field with something that had nothing to do with what I said.

Their*

If you can't understand then don't reply.You went way off into left field with something that had nothing to do with what I said.

Can't understand what ? Why someone wouldn't listen to every Tom/Dick/Harry on the driving range ? Any random folks ever help you out ?