Tiger cleared for full golf activity

Shilgy

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see him play golf again

Same here. The game needs the aura.

Agreed! The game definitely needs him back. The young guns just don't have the same draw as el tigre. And before you all get on my case, please tell me the last time Justin Thomas, Fowler, Day or Spieth caused a tournament to sell out. Love him or not, with dwindling numbers, golf needs him right now

Not me. I thoroughly enjoyed watching golf this year - WITHOUT TIGER.

You must not have seen Tiger in his prime. He owned it.

Personally, I am sick of the bizarre esprit de corps among the young players. What's next a Strawberry Shortcake tea party in the parking lot?

Personally, I am sick of the bizarre esprit de corps among the young players. What's next a Strawberry Shortcake tea party in the parking lot?

They're set for the rest of their lives. It's not like they are battling to put food on the table against the other players. Why not have a good time? It's not like they aren't giving it their 100% when they tee it up.

They're set for the rest of their lives. It's not like they are battling to put food on the table against the other players. Why not have a good time? It's not like they aren't giving it their 100% when they tee it up.

Do fans need to share in it? I think not.

So did I. Similar to thoroughly enjoying MASH after Colonel Potter left. Enjoyable but not as good.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

And to add, the main reason you are seeing all of terrible friendship is because of social media. Pretty sure people also liked to have a good time before the year 2000.

I would argue a better time. Being at a bar or at dinner with a bunch of people staring at their phones isn't my idea of a good time.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

If you NEED tiger to enjoy watching golf than you're not a real golf fan. You're just a fan of Tiger. There I said it. Flame away!!

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

When I go to work, I enjoy friendly interactions with the people I work with. I don’t know why it should be any different on tour.

Every job is a competition, but you don’t have to be a cold Word not allowedhat to be successful.

So did I. Similar to thoroughly enjoying MASH after Colonel Potter left. Enjoyable but not as good.

You mean when Colonel Blake left (McLean Stevenson). Colonel Potter (Harry Morgan) replaced Colonel Blake.

Trapper was better than B.J.

So, you’d rather just watch a bunch of guys walk around a field hitting balls with no interaction? Just show up, JR balls, go home, rinse and repeat? I bet you’re a pleasure to spend a few hours on the course with.

So, you'd rather just watch a bunch of guys walk around a field hitting balls with no interaction? Just show up, JR balls, go home, rinse and repeat? I bet you're a pleasure to spend a few hours on the course with.

You're missing my point. I just assume the TV audience wants to see golf, not a couple of grown boys standing next to the 18th green awaiting the finish of one of their buddies.

So, you'd rather just watch a bunch of guys walk around a field hitting balls with no interaction? Just show up, JR balls, go home, rinse and repeat? I bet you're a pleasure to spend a few hours on the course with.

You're missing my point. I just assume the TV audience wants to see golf, not a couple of grown boys standing next to the 18th green awaiting the finish of one of their buddies.

You know what they say about assumptions. You must be real fun at parties ferg ?

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Honest question... has he (Tiger) even hinted at a possible upcoming tournament schedule i.e. that he WILL return to 100% competitive form?

I don't consider cherry picking 5-8 tournaments a year to be a full return, I'd be surprised if he said he was going to play a full schedule. Going the Ben Hogan route might actually be his best bet, all 4 majors plus 2-6 big tourneys (WGCs, Players, his own, etc) tossed in. He's in a fortunate position that his playing privileges are permanent and he can do the Ben Hogan-type program.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Once again, it's pretty obvious from this and many other threads that he is a polarizing fellow. Fanbois (yeah! always wanted to use that!) like ferg and the rest cannot tolerate the current state of golf without him, while others are quite happy with the status quo and are enjoying the golf just fine without him (I include myself in this group).

I just don't think people really know what we will get back if he does actually come back on Tour full time. Dunno if I am ready for those sound bytes repeated ad nauseum where he explains how close he is, while we watch footage of him hacking it up, trying to play the weekend, while Steinberg keeps on denying rumors that crop up daily. I'd much rather watch a group of the young 'uns stand by the 18th, waiting for one the fellow players so that they can congratulate him, and the subsequent strawberry shortcake orgy in the parking lot.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

People being nice to each other is quite a nice break from time 24 hour misery of domestic politics, global politics and general douchebagery going on in the world. Maybe if people tried being nicer to each other, the world might be a better place?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Once again, it's pretty obvious from this and many other threads that he is a polarizing fellow. Fanbois (yeah! always wanted to use that!) like ferg and the rest cannot tolerate the current state of golf without him, while others are quite happy with the status quo and are enjoying the golf just fine without him (I include myself in this group).

I just don't think people really know what we will get back if he does actually come back on Tour full time. Dunno if I am ready for those sound bytes repeated ad nauseum where he explains how close he is, while we watch footage of him hacking it up, trying to play the weekend, while Steinberg keeps on denying rumors that crop up daily. I'd much rather watch a group of the young 'uns stand by the 18th, waiting for one the fellow players so that they can congratulate him, and the subsequent strawberry shortcake orgy in the parking lot.

I seeing an overwhelming "hope he does well" sentiment. And people saying they were never fans but are rooting for him.

Incredible anyone would consider themselves a fan of the game and not be interested. I enjoy golf now, watch every weekend but

Happy with the status quo? I disagree there. If TW can get himself into form and be around on Sunday, that would be fantastic.

Now, I do agree that the hoopla will be over the top, as always, when he comes back.

Someone get this guy a cold compress and a full course of antibiotics.

He's ill.

Have to agree Ferg. It comes off as fake to me that all the new guys hold hands and love each other. Rickie seems genuine. But I also think it's why he isn't a closer. Jordan? Nah. He's a baby faced assasin. And I think Thomas doesn't hide it well. He wants so badly to let it out and scream blank you blankers at the top of his lungs when he makes a putt to win. But he can't. Why ? Today's media would eat him alive. For this I don't respect these kids like I did tiger Phil and Sergio. Now I'm sure several will call out their short comings and go " respect " wtf? It isn't about good or bad. It's about being real. And being pals with everyone isn't real. I don't buy it. And if by some miracle it is real it's a sad state for competition. Taking turns winning isn't competition. Someone has to be the front runner. That's just human nature. Someone will always be much better. Someone will be lead dog. And then the pack will be the pack. Right now we have all pack and no alpha. There must be balance and it isn't there now. Jordan Thomas or DJ could be alphas. But one has to step on someone's throat at some point and be the bad guy to assert dominance . and then has to back it up. Doesn't have to be a big show either. Just the little things that jack and tiger said that let you know they knew they were the best. That's what's missing. Now we have all this " yea these guys are good. It's anyone race " crap.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Question for back surgeons or experts. How much will that fusion surgery impact how fast he can swing?

Limits rotation a bit but minimal, speed won't be affected much when strength is fully back, but other lumbar discs will be under more stress.

Unfortunately if the cause of his injuries isn't corrected, he will injure the other discs eventually, but he may have a run hopefully.

So here is a question, it seems like all the pain and problems he was having were in the area that has now been fused. Those problems seemed to come about from the foley swing which he is no longer doing. Hypothetically speaking he should be good to go now right?

The reason he went to Foley was to develop a swing that would protect his already hurting back.

Didn't work.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat