Tiger cleared for full golf activity

Shilgy

Question for back surgeons or experts. How much will that fusion surgery impact how fast he can swing?

Limits rotation a bit but minimal, speed won't be affected much when strength is fully back, but other lumbar discs will be under more stress.

Unfortunately if the cause of his injuries isn't corrected, he will injure the other discs eventually, but he may have a run hopefully.

So here is a question, it seems like all the pain and problems he was having were in the area that has now been fused. Those problems seemed to come about from the foley swing which he is no longer doing. Hypothetically speaking he should be good to go now right?

The reason he went to Foley was to develop a swing that would protect his already hurting back.

Didn't work.

Like seeing Covorkian ( spelling?) for a heart transplant . no?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see him play golf again

Same here. The game needs the aura.

Not me. I thoroughly enjoyed watching golf this year - WITHOUT TIGER.

You must not have seen Tiger in his prime. He owned it.

Personally, I am sick of the bizarre esprit de corps among the young players. What's next a Strawberry Shortcake tea party in the parking lot?

Have to agree Ferg. It comes off as fake to me that all the new guys hold hands and love each other. Rickie seems genuine. But I also think it's why he isn't a closer. Jordan? Nah. He's a baby faced assasin. And I think Thomas doesn't hide it well. He wants so badly to let it out and scream blank you blankers at the top of his lungs when he makes a putt to win. But he can't. Why ? Today's media would eat him alive. For this I don't respect these kids like I did tiger Phil and Sergio. Now I'm sure several will call out their short comings and go " respect " wtf? It isn't about good or bad. It's about being real. And being pals with everyone isn't real. I don't buy it. And if by some miracle it is real it's a sad state for competition. Taking turns winning isn't competition. Someone has to be the front runner. That's just human nature. Someone will always be much better. Someone will be lead dog. And then the pack will be the pack. Right now we have all pack and no alpha. There must be balance and it isn't there now.

It's easier for them to "exist" in a group. None of them are stepping up to be the leader of the sport..............too busy huddled together like puppies on the boob texting sweet nothings and glad-handing.

I love watching golf...but the only one I can watch now is Rory because he genuinely wants to beat you like Tiger did. The young guys now aren't in the same caliber as Tiger....He would pull off shots that nobody else would even try....8 iron 200 yards over water from fairway bunker to a tucked right pin to 15 ft, that 100 yard sliced 3 wood from like 260, numerous crazy flops, etc. The young guys are good and ok to watch but i often find myself falling asleep when they are on because it's simply not the same caliber of golf. There is no real excitement with a few moments here and there, but that may be partially because i think most of them are way overrated and Spieth just annoys me.

On a side note...I don't see Tiger just making a smooth swing...nobody on tour just swings smooth to find fairways...it may look smooth due to proper sequencing and having an efficient swing, but not a single person on tour swings smooth off the tee.....Swinging easy makes it easier to make a bad swing as you have more time to make compensations and that's what they don't want...not to mention, nobody will give up 20+ yards just to hit the fairway unless there is water or a hazard in play 300 yards out that they can't carry. This misnomer needs to go the way of the dodo bird.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

What I find interesting is the wide variety of possible outcomes. Maybe he'll never again be healthy enough to finish a 72 hole event. Maybe he'll win the Masters. Who knows? As of today it seems like they're about equally likely, along with anything in between. I don't think he'll ever dominate like he used to though--IMO that TW died a few hours after Thanksgiving dinner 2009.

Question for back surgeons or experts. How much will that fusion surgery impact how fast he can swing?

Limits rotation a bit but minimal, speed won't be affected much when strength is fully back, but other lumbar discs will be under more stress.

Unfortunately if the cause of his injuries isn't corrected, he will injure the other discs eventually, but he may have a run hopefully.

So here is a question, it seems like all the pain and problems he was having were in the area that has now been fused. Those problems seemed to come about from the foley swing which he is no longer doing. Hypothetically speaking he should be good to go now right?

The reason he went to Foley was to develop a swing that would protect his already hurting back.

Didn't work.

Nope I don't think so. Pretty sure he talked about going to Foley because he wasn't happy with how he was hitting it with Haney and he wanted to "protect the knee". I don't ever remember protecting his back being a thing back then.

Tiger been great for the game of golf and fans will flock to see him play even if it's limited events. I'm certain he's been urged on by corporations to make an effort. I don't see him getting the 1 mil. appearance fees he used to get. Be interesting to see what transpires over the winter.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Didn't work.

Nope I don't think so. Pretty sure he talked about going to Foley because he wasn't happy with how he was hitting it with Haney and he wanted to "protect the knee". I don't ever remember protecting his back being a thing back then.

I'm interested to hear more, I was not aware he had any back issues until the end of 2013

I think at the beginning of that year he even said that his career workout regime had paid off and he had zero arthritic alterations in his back

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

I think this makes me an incredible story potential, but don't think it'll happen. The whole 'best/2nd player to play the game gets hurt then makes a miracle come back to win more tournaments' is just such a stretch given the level of talent still hanging around in the game and the unlikely percentages that Tiger's body will ever be like it once was.

Hopefully this time Tiger actually waits til hes absolutely 100% ready before he steps out for competition. Pretty sure last time he had some lingering injuries but was either forced to play or decided the pain was tolerable enough, etc.

Didn't work.

I'm interested to hear more, I was not aware he had any back issues until the end of 2013

I think at the beginning of that year he even said that his career workout regime had paid off and he had zero arthritic alterations in his back

The only thing I can find is he had neck pain at the players in 2010 and had a WD. Turned out to be an inflamed facet joint in his neck. So I guess it was technically his spine but not related to his current back issues.

I'm ecstatic that Tiger appears to right on schedule after his latest surgery. I'm also very encouraged that Haney says Tiger can win with his current swing.

What I hope for is him easing back into competition. Playing four out of five last year with one being in Dubai was fraught with risk. Even Ray Charles could see that. If he does come back early '18, I hope he doesn't play more than two weeks in a row prior to Augusta.

I'm ecstatic that Tiger appears to right on schedule after his latest surgery. I'm also very encouraged that Haney says Tiger can win with his current swing.

What I hope for is him easing back into competition. Playing four out of five last year with one being in Dubai was fraught with risk. Even Ray Charles could see that. If he does come back early '18, I hope he doesn't play more than two weeks in a row prior to Augusta.

Haney is just brown nosing hoping tiger will buy his 30 yards longer in 30 mins video

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I just want to see him play golf again

Same here. The game needs the aura.

Not me. I thoroughly enjoyed watching golf this year - WITHOUT TIGER.

So did I. Similar to thoroughly enjoying MASH after Colonel Potter left. Enjoyable but not as good.

You mean when Colonel Blake left (McLean Stevenson). Colonel Potter (Harry Morgan) replaced Colonel Blake.

Trapper was better than B.J.

Yeah, I was pretty sure I had it backwards but was too busy to look it up lol. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I love watching golf...but the only one I can watch now is Rory because he genuinely wants to beat you like Tiger did. The young guys now aren't in the same caliber as Tiger....He would pull off shots that nobody else would even try....8 iron 200 yards over water from fairway bunker to a tucked right pin to 15 ft, that 100 yard sliced 3 wood from like 260, numerous crazy flops, etc. The young guys are good and ok to watch but i often find myself falling asleep when they are on because it's simply not the same caliber of golf. There is no real excitement with a few moments here and there, but that may be partially because i think most of them are way overrated and Spieth just annoys me.

On a side note...I don't see Tiger just making a smooth swing...nobody on tour just swings smooth to find fairways...it may look smooth due to proper sequencing and having an efficient swing, but not a single person on tour swings smooth off the tee.....Swinging easy makes it easier to make a bad swing as you have more time to make compensations and that's what they don't want...not to mention, nobody will give up 20+ yards just to hit the fairway unless there is water or a hazard in play 300 yards out that they can't carry. This misnomer needs to go the way of the dodo bird.

What? are we talking about the same player? 13 win rory? seriously? Spieth has more will in his pinky than Rory has in his whole body

Also the bolded we see every week now. Doesnt diminish tigers shots but open your eyes youre missing great golf

He was screwed before that. Was on painkillers and it caught up to him in dubai but he was done before that

What? are we talking about the same player? 13 win rory? seriously? Spieth has more will in his pinky than Rory has in his whole body

Also the bolded we see every week now. Doesnt diminish tigers shots but open your eyes youre missing great golf

Bingo.

Are we talking about the Rory McIlroy that flounces around like a hormone-ravaged teenager and looks ready to give up as soon as things aren't going his way?

McIlroy did have some fire in him at one point in his career, I'll say that much, but for whatever reason that has been well and truly snuffed out (with the exception of the Ryder Cup which is odd given it's an exhibition match). Half the time he doesn't even look like he wants to be playing, let alone having an overwhelming will to win.

Where's Frankie considering this is a TW is back thread?

actually surprised the players went along with this ad lol. hilarious.. days gone by... hope golf gets another dominant figure...again soon... it's fun watching a once in a lifetime athlete at golf. Tiger was that...

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

You guys are getting caught up in the hype machine. Take an objective look at this. He's never actually stated his plan is to return to competitive golf. Everything is vague and non-committal because it's crafted by Steinberg. Sponsors don't actually care if he comes back because he's still generating interest. Due to the extent of his surgeries I just don't think he's going to make it back to the tee because he knows he can't afford to reinjure his spine and he knows he won't be competitive playing away from the pain. He's also got to get off the heavy painkillers this time or else that will become the dominant issue. He hasn't been competitive for several years and has hardly swung a club in the majority of this time.

He said in the Dubai interview just before the last surgery that he wants to focus on designing courses, and I think he will transition this current renewed interest into that endeavour.

He was fused since the disc repair wasn't working in L5-S1.

Problems didn't come from the swing but may have been aggravated by it. The cause of his problems comes from imbalances in the first place + he's had multiple knee surgeries and other problems, so there is a deeper postural problem than just his back. Herniated discs are caused by accumulation of stress over time that weakens the disc and the joint.

From my opinion, he will be good for some time but since he will be compensating at higher levels in the lumbar spine, he will reinjure in the future, the question is how long will it take ?

Personally, I am sick of the bizarre esprit de corps among the young players. What's next a Strawberry Shortcake tea party in the parking lot?

People being nice to each other is quite a nice break from time 24 hour misery of domestic politics, global politics and general douchebagery going on in the world. Maybe if people tried being nicer to each other, the world might be a better place?

He and others preferred it when the top competitors in any sport, didn't jump at any chance to pal around with their rivals

Bingo.

Are we talking about the Rory McIlroy that flounces around like a hormone-ravaged teenager and looks ready to give up as soon as things aren't going his way?

McIlroy did have some fire in him at one point in his career, I'll say that much, but for whatever reason that has been well and truly snuffed out (with the exception of the Ryder Cup which is odd given it's an exhibition match). Half the time he doesn't even look like he wants to be playing, let alone having an overwhelming will to win.

Exactly. I like Rory alot but you hit the nail on the head.

Where's Frankie considering this is a TW is back thread?

actually surprised the players went along with this ad lol. hilarious.. days gone by... hope golf gets another dominant figure...again soon... it's fun watching a once in a lifetime athlete at golf. Tiger was that...

Why? theyre all paid by nike and obligated to. Nothing generous about it

Whoever said Tiger should just play majors and WGCs......hate to break it to you

but Tiger won't be playing any WGCs until he gets his OWGR back up high enough.

Also, this (2018) will be the last year of his US Open exemption. After this year he'll have

to qualify like everyone else who hasn't won it in the past 10 years.

With all that said, I am pulling for him big time to win a lot and get back to #1.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini