Tiger cleared for full golf activity

Shilgy

I think if you win more than one US Open or have achieved the Grand Slam in your career, you should be exempt for life for the US Open.

If your career wins gets you into the HoF and earns you lifetime exemptions on the Tour and in all the other Majors, assuming you won them at least once, why should the US Open be any different?

Didn't Tiger win all the Majors back to back and achieve 3 Grand Slams so far?

He was World Number one collectively for 683 weeks and consecutively for 281 weeks. Come on. That is an incredible achievement. I'm not even going to attempt to compare that with anyone or anything anyone in Golf has done. That is just simply amazing.

Tiger didn't win a Grand Slam

He had all 4 majors at once, that's a Grand Slam in my book.

I agree and I think what Tiger did was harder as he had to wait from August

until April as he sat on 3 straight and then going for the 4th 8 months later...

.......but I'm fine with it being called the Tiger slam. That's pretty special.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil who?

Phil Mickelson of course. Shot 63 at the British Open, great with fans, total family man. He's a great role model.

great for Mickelson

These days you ought to be careful calling someone a "total family man"..unless your whole life is dedicated to monitoring the man

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Phil who?

Phil Mickelson of course. Shot 63 at the British Open, great with fans, total family man. He's a great role model.

great for Mickelson

These days you ought to be careful calling someone a "total family man"..unless your whole life is dedicated to monitoring the man

Guilty until proved innocent then?

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

Phil who?

great for Mickelson

Guilty until proved innocent then?

Maybe more like trust but verify before you stick your neck out.

SLED Gemini

Give everyone a medal for participating.......it’s not as if it’s a competition or anything is it?

No kidding. My nephew is like 5 years old, playing tee ball league. They don't keep score.

That would be too competitive.

Is there a big demand for keeping score in tee ball games?

I'm not a fan of the "everyone gets a medal" culture, but I'm equally not a fan of parents who think winning is everything from the time kids start playing sports, which is now apparently 3 years old, with everyone having to specialize.

Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing brutally out of shape, overweight parents sitting at a soccer (or other) game, complaining about refs or how much "tougher" they had it when they were younger.

Yup, all that competition when they were growing up paid huge dividends, so now they can sit around complaining about youth sports without even being able to run a mile without collapsing.

Let's teach our kids to be good people. Whether or not they want to be competitive will ultimately be up to them. It's not going to be because they won a tee ball game.

Again, I'm not a participation trophy person. But when I go to say, a five year old soccer game, I expect to see kids running to the ball like a pack of ants and having a great time. Not parents screaming at refs or a box score that we can break down and determine how this will impact the remainder of the kid's life. I know plenty of super competitive people growing up who didn't amount to much of anything, and people who never even cared about athletics who actually turned into good athletes later on and were extremely successful personally and professionally.

For some reason our culture literally thinks 99% of what we learn is on the playing field, and 99% of parents think, for some reason, their kid is going to play professional sports. I played competitive sports into my early 20's, and I remember the fun times, but never am I at a Board meeting drawing on my experience in a critical baseball game.

Wait what is this thread about? Oh yeah, Tiger. He was a great golfer, maybe the best of all time. But he's no Bill Brasky.

^

"Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing brutally out of shape, overweight parents sitting at a soccer (or other) game, "

Titleist is built like a linebacker ; )

"I played competitive sports into my early 20's, and I remember the fun times, but never am I at a Board meeting drawing on my experience in a critical baseball game."

^

"Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing brutally out of shape, overweight parents sitting at a soccer (or other) game, "

"I played competitive sports into my early 20's, and I remember the fun times, but never am I at a Board meeting drawing on my experience in a critical baseball game."

[media=]

[/media]

Fact, Uncle Rico would make half the NFL teams these days. Guy has a monster arm.

^

[media=]

[/media]

Fact, Uncle Rico would make half the NFL teams these days. Guy has a monster arm.

Ha! Titleist is a good sport, as always.

Hey! I threw 70lb dbs on 30* incline for 7 reps. Not bad for an old guy.

Check me out flexin

Man, Yanks are killin me. But, they went pretty far.

Cheers.

^

[media=]

[/media]

Ha! Titleist is a good sport, as always.

Hey! I threw 70lb dbs on 30* incline for 7 reps. Not bad for an old guy.

Check me out flexin

[media=]

[/media]

Man, Yanks are killin me. But, they went pretty far.

Cheers.

As an FYI, my rant was more general, not at you. I have no idea how old you are/what type of shape you're in.

I felt the same way growing up where guys on my team were getting run into the ground by parents who couldn't walk without calling an ambulance. Expect kids to devote 100% effort to everything sports related, be in phenomenal shape, and play every game like it's the 7th game of the World Series.................when Dad can't run down the street without getting winded.

Good times!

I think if you win more than one US Open or have achieved the Grand Slam in your career, you should be exempt for life for the US Open.

If your career wins gets you into the HoF and earns you lifetime exemptions on the Tour and in all the other Majors, assuming you won them at least once, why should the US Open be any different?

He was World Number one collectively for 683 weeks and consecutively for 281 weeks. Come on. That is an incredible achievement. I'm not even going to attempt to compare that with anyone or anything anyone in Golf has done. That is just simply amazing.

That's not a Grand Slam, but I understand what you mean, it's an incredible achievement

I'd actually prefer this definition over the current "all in the same year" one but I don't get to make the rules. :p

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I'd actually prefer this definition over the current "all in the same year" one but I don't get to make the rules. :p

Tiger Slam sounds better anyway........he has a slam named after him. How much

better is that? No one's heard of a Jack Slam................................oops. :D

SLED Gemini

Phil who?

great for Mickelson

I know it hard for tiger fans to fathom guys like Jack and Phil are exactly what they appear to be and arent banging anything that moves and popping pills like skittles and almost killing some innocent person with their 100k car... ;)

Tiger Slam sounds better anyway........he has a slam named after him. How much

better is that? No one's heard of a Jack Slam................................oops. :D

True he was busy still winning them at this point of his career... :)

Phil who?

great for Mickelson

I know it hard for tiger fans to fathom guys like Jack and Phil are exactly what they appear to be and arent banging anything that moves and popping pills like skittles and almost killing some innocent person with their 100k car... ;)

I don’t remember an automobile accident being in the report for that story. Maybe I missed it?

Maybe he had another run in with another inanimate object. Is strange nobody found any ticket relating to the damage to the Mercedes. Of course it could have been that way for a while and in his doped up condition he didn’t notice it when he went for his drive to or from CA (in FL). Looking at the condition of the wheels it appears Tiger doesn’t maintain his vehicles to any degree.

Phil who?

great for Mickelson

Never know.

Right now, Jack might be like,

"It puts the lotion in the basket"

Or maybe he's got a demented painting of himself in his attic ; )

Tiger is by no means perfect but lets not pretend that Jack and Phil are either....I've heard stories from people who met Jack without the cameras on and said he was very rude and arrogant and the same about Phil....not blaming them because it takes some arrogance to be as good as they are/were but let's not pretend they are just great people and Tiger sucks...On the flip side, I have heard nothing but great things about Furyk, Fowler, and McIlroy and they are very nice and genuine behind the scenes.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

The problem with stories about how Tiger or Jack or Phil or anyone's being -let's just say rude to keep it clean- is that it can be an isolated incident in a long lifetime. Fine, you saw Tiger kick a puppy or Jack not sign for Grandma. That does not mean it was the norm or that the person is a despicable human being.

Obviously this rant does not apply to David Simms. Here's just a lousy, laying up, despicable loser. :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

The problem with stories about how Tiger or Jack or Phil or anyone's being -let's just say rude to keep it clean- is that it can be an isolated incident in a long lifetime. Fine, you saw Tiger kick a puppy or Jack not sign for Grandma. That does not mean it was the norm or that the person is a despicable human being.

Obviously this rant does not apply to David Simms. Here's just a lousy, laying up, despicable loser. :)

.. and he hates kids.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

.. and he hates kids.

and dogs.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

.. and he hates kids.

and dogs.

Tiger killed Lassie.

.. and he hates kids.

and dogs.

Tiger killed Lassie.

Lassie? he...he killed LLLassie???

That's it!

Who could remain a fan after hearing that.......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat