Best Japanese Driver

i have always been a great fan of JDM equipment specially their drivers but have had only limited experience in owning them due to their cost..

i have however had Tourstage Viq, Yamaha,Giga and Hirohonma twin marks drivers bought pre-owned and here is my take..

the older models were 100% made in japan and quality was second to none..

the flexes play softer vs their USDM counterparts--ie--R flex is more like A flex and S is more like R..

some of the newer models already have components sourced elsewhere so you have to do your research if you want one 100% japan made..

once you have made your choice they are all topnotch so good luck in finding the right one for you..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read somewhere that summed it up nicely. Have you ever closed the door on a Mercedes S class and closed the door on a Ford Fiesta?   The JDM woods are just superior.   In regards to this topic, PR

Ryoma PRGR Miura JBeam

Really depends on what you are looking for and depends what you like. Most JDM drivers have forged faces, but that does not always equal to better feel. But Ryoma, JBeam, Baldo is a good place to star

I'm totally sick of all the hype from TM, Callaway, PING, et al. I'm going back to JDM. Already have a Fourteen CT-112 that I will NEVER get rid of.

Anyone have any experience with the Bridgestone Tour B line of drivers. Thinking about picking up a "3" model.

Have had one in hand locally. Matching 3 wood is there too. I can get for a goood price. Are these JDM or us market ? Looks great. Other than I’m not crazy about the matte grey finish. Wish it were gloss black.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I'm totally sick of all the hype from TM, Callaway, PING, et al. I'm going back to JDM. Already have a Fourteen CT-112 that I will NEVER get rid of.

Anyone have any experience with the Bridgestone Tour B line of drivers. Thinking about picking up a "3" model.

Have had one in hand locally. Matching 3 wood is there too. I can get for a goood price. Are these JDM or us market ? Looks great. Other than I’m not crazy about the matte grey finish. Wish it were gloss black.

JDM is gloss black w fixed hosel.

US market has same driver but matte grey w hosel adapter.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

For the most part, even the OEM’s popular in the states have a more refined line available on JDM market (Mizuno being one of the better with offerings I have yet to figure out why we don’t get in the states, without jumping through hoops). Take a look at what tourspecgolf has to offer from other companies making beautiful equipment rarely seen in states. Have seen so many nice wedge and iron offerings, yet to really look into drivers, but I do believe the pricing has to do with where they are forged, tighter tolerances, and just a bit more cleaner finished product from what I’ve seen. Just my opinion.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

JDM is gloss black w fixed hosel.

US market has same driver but matte grey w hosel adapter.

Palms face in disgust. Of course the JDM one is black and fixed. Lol. What was I thinking. !?

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

• 2 weeks later...

Driver PRGR RS-F

TaylorMade SIM MAX 9* Tensei Orange 6X or AV 6X
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* TourAD DI 7X or Orange 7X
Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* TourAD DI 95X
Miura TC201 4-P modus3 120X
50* MD5 JAWS S-grind 
54* MD5 JAWS S-grind
58* MD5 JAWS C-grind
All GolfPride Align Tour Velvet
Odyssey Putter
ToeUp #1 Stability Tour Shaft SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0
or
ToeUp #1 oWorks UST Shaft SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

Instagram @kinetiquefittinglab

Is that the one that was ruled non conforming?

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just got one of these to try out. What a great driver! Deep face and wonderful looking at address. I'm actually surprised it doesn't set closed but then again the "F" model must be for higher swing speeds. I have the stock SX-flex model by Mitsubishi Chemical and even though it is a sub 60g shaft, it seems anti-left and real lively feeling.

Anyone else have one of these and getting good results?

And the model that had issues with being non-conforming was the older Prototype (2016) model. The one St_Pedro posted a pic of is the 2017 model and the same one I'm trying out.

I got the new one, Diamana stiff shaft. I really like this driver. Looks great, goes long and is very forgiving.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just got one of these to try out. What a great driver! Deep face and wonderful looking at address. I'm actually surprised it doesn't set closed but then again the "F" model must be for higher swing speeds. I have the stock SX-flex model by Mitsubishi Chemical and even though it is a sub 60g shaft, it seems anti-left and real lively feeling.

Anyone else have one of these and getting good results?

And the model that had issues with being non-conforming was the older Prototype (2016) model. The one St_Pedro posted a pic of is the 2017 model and the same one I'm trying out.

Loved all of the Yamaha Inpres XV heads I've tried except the 2013, jBEAM have been hit and miss. Loved the 535 but didn't like the ZY-11. I have a ZY-7 in for testing.......

Kamui Works are great too. I didn't get on with the Ryoma D1 V-Spec.

ZY-7 was no longer than my Cally GBB and less forgiving. My jBEAM Glorious however is ok for distance but very forgiving. Should be staying in the bag for the winter season.

FW: Taylormade R9 Ti 5w + Diamana R80s.
HY: Taylormade Aeroburner TP #4 + White Tie HX4.
Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52/58 + Modus 130.
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any experience with the JBEAM BM Premium 450 driver head?

I have one, but i got to much shaft in it so it's in the bench. Setup up remind me of exotic cb4 tour but with better impact feel - similar but hotter face. Good great head- 195gr weight. The hybrid is in the bag though.

If someone looking for "meaty" deep impact feel then you should try Docus.

• Like 1

Driver -
Ryoma- crazy royal deco
Fw -
#3 Cally Legacy'10 - Diamana R.
#5 Rbz stg1 tour TP std Rul.
#7 Cleaveland Launcher 1st gen std Fuji gold.
Irons -
#4-Hy JBeam - Attas.
#5-Pw Miura BB - MR MTI.
Wedges -
52 & 58 Fourteen Rm 12 std Dg.
Putter -
Lajosi dd copper.

Has anyone had any experience with the JBEAM BM Premium 450 driver head?

I have one, but i got to much shaft in it so it's in the bench. Setup up remind me of exotic cb4 tour but with better impact feel - similar but hotter face. Good great head- 195gr weight. The hybrid is in the bag though.

If someone looking for "meaty" deep impact feel then you should try Docus.

I love these descriptions and something you only hear about JDM drivers. Sounds like you’re describing a fine wine?

Having now played a few games with a couple of new to me JDM drivers, the OnOff Type-S from 2012 and the jBEAM Glorious from 2014, both are longer than a previous stalwart of mine, Callaway GBB, which itself was equally as long as a jBEAM ZY-7! Both the Type-S and Glorious are as near as damn it as long as my all time distance record holder, Callaway XR16 Sub Zero (GBB and SZ had the exact same shaft) but both are more forgiving, especially the Glorious which.......is Glorious :) It's 10.5* loft and launches lower than the 9.5* XR16 SZ. Must be the shaft!!

Hopefully this will be the best driver that ever came from Japan

That's a beast. Tell us how it goes. Must have cost a small fortune with that shaft

The number one driver is Muziik driver head!

A sweeping statement of truth. It's great that it works for you.

Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon