APPLY NOW: Swing-U Online Instruction! 5 Testers needed!

Swing-U and GolfWRX are looking for 5 members to test and review Swing-U's online training and instruction app! For this you will be working with Swing-U directly on using the system along with giving them feedback on it. Your review for the GolfWRX community will be shared a little later in the year when you are product experts! Each of the testers will receive a one year membership, worth $199!

ABOUT SWING-U

Welcome to the ONLY personalized and comprehensive 1-on-1 golf instruction & training app in the world!

World-class instruction, swing analysis, and training plans customized to your skill and goals with responses within 24 hours of your lesson requests! All in the palm of your hand!

We are building the "Amazon Prime" of golf instruction, with lessons and training at the fraction of the cost of in-person golf lessons. Anytime, anywhere, any device....so you don't have to wait around for a golf instructor to never call you back or be too busy to see you that week!

This is NOT the typical "pay for a confusing library of videos" instruction platform that you see online and in the app store. This is a personalized, 1-on-1 golf training app where you receive "all-you-want" personal training from an instruction team overseen by one of the top golf instructors in the world.

The Swing-U team of instructors is certified and led by Gary Gilchrist, Golf Digest Top 50 Teacher, Golf Magazine Top 100 Teacher and owner of the world's top junior golf academy. Known for his "simple yet effective" teaching approach, Gary has trained hundreds of winners at every level of the game.

After quickly creating your golfer profile and subscribing to a Swing-U subscription plan, here's how it works:

-Tell your instructor your goals, film your swing on your smartphone or tablet, and make a lesson request

-Receive feedback, analysis, drills and more from our instruction team within 24 hours

-Follow your instructor's plan and submit new video of your progress at your convenience

-Our instruction team will follow up on your progress and encourage you to stay on track

Whether you're a 30-handicap who isn't sure where to focus or a scratch golfer training for the club championship, our Swing-U team will help you achieve your personal goals on your schedule and at your pace.

TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:

• A GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Ready and willing to post reviews
  • In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current handicap
    • What are you looking to improve on
    • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App

Note: If selected, you'll be expected to contribute to a testing thread with photos and reviews.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this with Mike Newton and found it extremely helpful. While it may lack the instant feedback you get in a personalized lesson, the cost and time savings are very beneficial.

Current HC: 18

Looking to improve: Consistent swing so my misses are only one way instead of two

Why: I believe the internet is the future of golf apps and instruction. People aren't willing to shell out $150 or more for a 1 on 1 hour lesson when now we can pay $20 or $30 for 80% of the value of lessons, which is correcting swing faults and being educated about the game.

• Current HCP 21.9
  • I want to work on being more consistent and improve my ball striking
  • As a father of two with a new baby due in December golf is going to be more and more hard to practice at golf facilities, much less play a round. Currently I am playing once a week but I know that is going to change very soon. Being able to have the convenience of using mobile technology to have golf instruction from my home will be a game changer for me.

Thanks for the opportunity

HC: 3.3

Looking to minimize my miss (low left), improve short game and really dominate the driver

Why Swing U: well I've been playing golf for many years, that said I've tried almost everything and I believe that online instruction is the future, being in the Army for 26 years didn't give me the opportunity to really concentrate in golf, that said I have the time now and it would be a great experience...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway AI Smole TD 15*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway AI Smoke TD 20*, Denali Black 70g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago and White Hot Pro V-Line as back ups)
BALL: Callaway CT (current gamer), Srixon Z-Star Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Current Handicap: 2

I would like to improve my takeaway and how my body should rotate in the downswing.

I think a program would be great for the long winters in CT. I practice a lot indoors and get to hit balls once a week indoors. It would be a great time of year to implement swing changes.

Thanks for the opportunity!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

• Current handicap - 14.5
  • What are you looking to improve on - More distance on my drives. I've lost some distance this past year for some reason with this club. Irons seem to be ok. I'd like to get my handicap to single digits next season.
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App - I really like the online approach. I found that 45-60 min lessons are somewhat wasteful in terms of time for me. I like the idea of focusing on one or two things, then working on those for awhile before moving on. There isn't a need for me to have an instructor watch me for close to an hour for me to hit golf balls with the same swing fix.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

• A GolfWRX member in good standing - YES!
  • Ready and willing to post reviews - YES!
  • In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current handicap - 9
    • What are you looking to improve on - random pull/pull-draw with irons
    • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App - very interesting idea. Could provide accessibility to great instructors who are out of my area.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Current HC: 18

Looking to improve: Consistency striking the ball, and learn to hit a variety of shots in gaming conditions beyond my stock straight ball and stock fade.

Why: As someone who travels a lot for work, being able to take lessons can be a challenge at times, so exploring the online 1-to-1 lesson arena is very intriguing and could fit my lifestyle.

Am I a GolfWRX member in good standing? Absolutely!

Am I ready and willing to post reviews? You betcha!

Current handicap - 7.5

What are you looking to improve on - Really want to improve my ball striking/shot making. I've only really played a draw and want to bring more shots/shot heights/creativity into my game.

State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App - I'm always looking to try new things and new techniques, and like the look of how feedback is given here

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

HCP is +1.5

Reviews are no problem

Love to try the new system out and something i struggle with is using my body to square the face instead of my arms and hands. Also my lower body needs work. Basically want to make my swing more repeatable and set a plan to get there.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Good standing- Yes

Handicap: 10

Areas where I am looking to improve: Better consistency with my irons. Also, gain a better touch around the greens. With my irons, I will either hit them "fat" or hook the ball.

Why I'd like to test the Swing-U app- I'm always looking on ways to improve my game. I'm a big fan of differentiating the way that I learn and this would be a really cool concept and nice alternative to a traditional golf lesson. It would be amazing to have a top instructor work with me to become a better golfer

thanks for your time

• ​Current handicap: 5.9
  • What are you looking to improve on: My swing is really messed up right now, wayyyyy off plane.
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App: I think it's a very interesting concept. I don't have tons of cash to spend on lessons (so I don't ever take lessons), but this seems like an alternative that I am curious to explore.

Handicap 36

I'm looking to improve my swing mechanics. I played baseball growing up and it's really affected my follow through more than anything.

I just recently became serious about golf and I absolutely love it. I don't love my swing or the results on the course though. I've tried 1-1 lessons with mixed results.

• ​Current handicap: 7.1
  • What are you looking to improve on: Consistency. Limit overswing.
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App: I live in NYC and don't get to play at all from Nov-April. This will help me be motivated in the offseason and swing in the house. Also with a toddler at home, I barely get to play 2-3 times a month so this is much needed.

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

Current HC: 13

I can lose my swing - bits, pieces, or sometimes every aspect fails. It is hard to define and I hope to better understand this and ways to improve throughout the bag. Specifically my driver, which at times can feel disconnected from everything else.

Why Swing U? I teach and have a family, so i don't really have time or the $ to see someone in person regularly.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Current HC- 9.1

I would like to work on being more efficient and accurate with my driver.

I teach and coach so whenever I have time to go to the course it is to play and not practice. I would love the ability to record swings and receive analysis at home. It would help me with my game and hopefully gain a better understanding of the overall swing since I have been self-taught.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

• ​Current handicap - 9.1
  • What are you looking to improve on - Shorten my Backswing and fix my inside takeaway
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App - I can definitely see this as the future of online instruction. Being able to communicate with the developers in a one-on-one online environment through an app makes it extremely easy to take the response videos with you to the range or course as a reminder to what you are working on. I would be thrilled to be selected for this and would provide very detailed reviews along the way including updates as my handicap (hopefully) drops.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | G430 3 Hybrid |  ZX7 MKII 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Current cap: 11

What I’d like to work on: pretty serious miss to the right and dial in wedges.

Why swing-u? I like the concept and have always wanted to give online lessons a try. I find it difficult to get away for practice + lessons + rounds, so I feel here I can save some time and money.

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

• Current handicap: 12
  • What are you looking to improve on: I'm looking to get more consistency with my overall ball striking, driver and short game. My driver I tend to block it out to the right and my short game I seem to pull about 3-8 yards.
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App: Love the concept and would love to test it. It may be the future of getting lessons at a more affordable price point!

• ​Current handicap: 9
  • What are you looking to improve on: Making a simple golf swing
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App: This is what I was looking for a long time. I wish I can get lessons but my situation would not let me have one.
    Thanks for the opportunity.

Ping                      G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                      G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                  Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

New Level            623MB Irons 4-P w/Modus 120 S

New Level            SPN Wedges 50/55/61 w/Modus 125 S

LAB                  DF3

• ​Current handicap: 1.4
    • What are you looking to improve on: Consistency in ball striking and getting swing to be less timing dependent given limited time for practice and play.
    • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App: This would be perfect for me since I am relatively tech savvy and this would be perfect for me since I really don't have time to go get periodic lessons + practice + find time to play. This would allow me to shortcut the separate lesson time and work on implementing the feedback received from the app.

Ready/willing to post reviews: absolutely!

HI: 13.2

Improvement: two big areas i need to improve on are more consistent ball striking with irons; and non full swings with wedges, e.g. 30, 40yd shots. (of course if I miss less greens with my irons I won't have to do this as much (cool) )

Why I'd like to test Swing-U: This would be perfect for me because I work close enough to my club that I can go to the range at lunch at least a couple of days a week for 30-45 minutes. Having a practice plan/directed training could only help make that time much more useful.

Handicap- 10

What are you looking to improve upon- consistency. I can shoot in the mid 70s, hitting 14 or so greens in regulation or I can shoot 95 and look like I've never played before. I've always been a feel player and when my swing "feels" right, I go low, when it "feels off" I fight it all day and am usually lost on the course unless I happen to find that feeling mid-round. Been working on keeping my rear leg from buckling in the downswing.

Why this would work for me- I do meet with an instructor but not very often. Usually once every couple months or so due to cost. If I happen to be "on" the day I show up I feel like it was a waste since I'm not doing whatever I do wrong on a given bad day (or at least not doing it as bad). Lastly I work as an attorney so my hours to practice are not traditional and having an app where I could send in my swing would be of great benefit. I usually practice late at night at an indoor simulator I have so recording would not be hard.

Thanks!

• ​Current handicap - 8

• What are you looking to improve on - Driver is killing my game. I can shoot mid 70's with an iron off the tee from 6700, but I have gone rounds hitting 1-2 fairways, 6 balls OB or lost and end up carding a 95.

• State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App - I have tried local instruction and really haven't found anything that worked for me. I was a + index (in theory though I never carried a handicap, just played Varsity golf and based on scores) junior and didn't swing a club from 19 until I was 29. Not a single swing. In 2012 started playing sparingly but was just hitting snap hook after snap hook with driver while irons kept improving. I have put in many hours on the driving range trying to get my game back into shape and everything is finally beginning to gel, except the driver or 3 wood off the tee. I just cannot hit a wood off the tee with any consistency. I may hit middle 6 times in a row, start to get the confidence and the 2 way miss rears it's ugly head. I make the same move on the ball (in my mind) and make solid contact only to look up and see the ball hooking or slicing 50 yards right of target. I have decided I can't do it alone and this would be huge for me. Please help!

• ​Current handicap: 7.2
  • What are you looking to improve on: Impact and driving consistency
  • State why you'd want to test the Swing-U App: I already take online lessons with some random people I have found but this looks very intriguing. I have always thought a platform like this should exist where it can be tailored to your own swing and not just random swing fixes or drills which may or may not address an issue you may or may not have; as is the norm with digital golf instruction.

I currently bounce between a 6 and 8. I would love to be more consistent off the tee and with the mid irons. I feel that working one on one brings an expert set of eyes to my problem instead of trying to guess what I am doing wrong

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple