2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Fujikura Evo IV Fitting at Club Champion! 5 Members Wanted! Apply Here!

HipCheck

• Callaway GBB 816DBD 9* with Diamana White 70 X 44.75"
  • Driver Swing Speed - 105ish?
  • What are your goals to improve your driving? Accuracy and Dispersion
  • Have you ever been custom fit before? Yes - but not since 2013
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting - Boston, MA

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current Driver & Shaft Details (Manufacturer, Model, Settings, Length, Flex) - Cobra LTD, highest loft, 44”, project X hzrdus Black 6.5

Driver Swing Speed - 110 or so

What are your goals to improve your driving? A touch higher launch and something I feel comfortable working.

Have you ever been custom fit before? Not for driver.

Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting- Philly

Thanks WRX!

LTD 9.5*D Project X HZRDUS 6.5 75g
Cobra Bio Cell + 14.5* Fuji Speeder 757x
CobraBio Cell + 17.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
Adams CMB 4-G KBS C-Taper X
Vokey TVD54*

SM? 58*K
Scotty Circa 62 #3 /Kingston GSS KP2
ProV1 / Snell MTB / Snell MTB Prime

HOW TO APPLY

In a post below, include the following...

• Current Driver & Shaft Details (Manufacturer, Model, Settings, Length, Flex)
  • Driver Swing Speed
  • What are your goals to improve your driving?
  • Have you ever been custom fit before?
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting (Search here for your nearest Club Champion location)

Super Senior disabled golfer

Current Driver - TM R-725 - Length 47", flex R, settings : 4 gram weight on outside and 6 gram in both back and 8 gram on inside. 9.5 degrees

Driver Swing Speed - mid 70s

Goals - increase distance significantly - current good day average 170 yards, lots of days it's only 150-155. Very little roll, moderately high ball flight (probably average 13-14 degree launch angle, more leads to less distance

Custom Fit before - yes for my current set of irons - Miura's

Closed Club Champion location - Orlando

Titleist 913 D2 -c1

Díamana white 72g stiff

103mph

Goals are a little more consistent (a few yards never hurt anyone either)

Also I would like to get my spin numbers down especially back spin last measured in the 2500-2700 range

I have been custom fit but not for driver

Atlanta Houston or Austin (I live in Nashville)

Thanks for this amazing opportunty

1) Tour Issue 9.5 SLDR set to 1 degree open with the weight neutral, Fujikura Speeder 757 X-Flex, 44”,

2) 105-110 mph

3) Improve dispersion of tee shots, find the best length of driver for me, and find a shaft that is possibly a little bit lighter but still stiff enough for my swing

4) Yes, previously worked at a local club and was fitted for my shaft through use of Trackman

5) 6690 Roswell Rd #540, Sandy Springs, GA 30328

• Current Driver & Shaft Details (Manufacturer, Model, Settings, Length, Flex): Taylormade 2017 M1 460cc 9.5*, 45", Standard loft setting, weights set in neutral position, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 70M4 Stiff Flex
  • Driver Swing Speed: 105mph average
  • What are your goals to improve your driving?: Optimizing flight and improving consistency.
  • Have you ever been custom fit before?: No
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting: Hackensack, NJ

• Current Driver & Shaft Details: Titleist 917D2 8.5* head, C2 hosel setting, 16g draw Surefit, Tensei CK Pro White stiff, 45.5", D5 swingweight.
  • Driver Swing Speed: 100mph
  • What are your goals to improve your driving: Increase consistency and distance.
  • Have you ever been custom fit before: Yes
  • Club Champion location: Newport Beach, CA

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

2016 Taylormade M1 460, 9.5°, set to 9.75 Loft, Draw +1, Lower +1 / Fujikura Pro 60 R flex standard length
  • Driver Swing Speed
    ~91 mph
    I like to be able to work the ball both directions, my go to shot is a little cut but I can draw the ball when I need to. also at my age looking at distance
    Yes my old R11
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting (Search here for your nearest Club Champion location)
    Atlanta, GA

Would love the opportunity and looking forward to seeing one of the newest locations in Overland Park, KS.

The deets:

• Driver specs
    • Cobra King LTD Black set to 9.5
    • Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63 Tour Spec Stiff
    • 45" play length

[*]106 mph driver swing speed

[*]I'd like to be more accurate with my driving

[*]Yes, but from the big box stores. Not impressed with their fitting and they gave zero effs

[*]Overland Park, KS (listed as Kansas City, KS on the locations page)

Fingers crossed!

• Ping G LS Tec 9*, played at 10*. Ping Tour X flex shaft. 44 "
  • 110 mph
  • Eliminate big misses. Hit it higher.
  • Never been custom fit for any club
  • Washington DC is closest for me.

Thanks for the consideration.

Ping G425 Max 10* Ping Tour 80x
Tour Edge CBX 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 869
Tour Edge C721 Hydrid 19*
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour
Titleist SM6 50*12 SM7 54*08 and SM8 58*14K
Odyssey Tour Black

Iomic Grips

I would love the opportunity to compare. I played Fuji Evo II before switching to Evo III

• Current Driver & Shaft Details: Cobra King LTD, Fujikura Evo III 569 stiff
  • Driver Swing Speed: 102mph
  • What are your goals to improve your driving?: Consistency, lower spin
  • Have you ever been custom fit before?: Yes
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting: San Francisco(Danville)

I'm already a convert to Speeder EVO (TourSpec 2). As result, I'm very interested to see how they've improved the design. I was fitted to the shaft in 2016 as part of a full bag fitting and have found it to mesh well to encourage a smoother tempo and more consistent (moderately lower) launch angle. Fitting was timed to complement change to swing that has been undergoing a pro-supervised "renovation" to match realities of my age/injuries.

Currently fitted into

Titleist 917 D2 (9.5°) | Speeder TS Evo 661 S, shortened to 44", hosel fit setting is D4

SS = 105ish (while aiming to get more consistently to 110-range via swing improvements)

Goals = always seeking improved consistency, but a bonus would be moderate step up in distance. Ball flight sometimes has too high launch in current setup (know elements involved in swing-path rather than the club... and working on it), so anything that complements the hard work I've been putting in to improve swing and results would be a great benefit. The very high flight on occasion in the swing result that is compromising distance at times.

Custom fit - yes, multiple times, and throughout the bag over the years. Always have found the fitting feedback process and data inputs to be eye-opening. Most recent fitting experience October 2016 for full swing to wedges, as well as earlier in August 2016 for putter.

Location = Boston, MA (the Needham, MA location)

Thanks to WRX for the opportunity to share the experience, as well as results, with peers in member community.

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]Titleist 917 D2 (9.5°) | Speeder TS Evo 661 S[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]TM M2 (16.5°, 21°, 24°) | Speeder TS Evo 757 S[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]TM RSi TP 5-PW | KBS TourV 110 S[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 Raw 50F, 54M, 58M | KBS TourV 110 soft-stepped[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]Scotty Cameron Encinitas Gallery Custom X5 34"[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]2017 Pro V1[/color][/font][/size]

Fujikura is offering the opportunity for 5 GolfWRX members to be properly fit for and review the Speeder Evolution IV shaft. They've partnered with Club Champion, a Golf Digest Top 100 fitting company, with their 26 locations throughout the US to ensure a proper fit. The winners of this contest will experience a top-notch driver fitting by one of Club Champion’s trained fitting experts. Important Note: If the Speeder Evolution IV is not a proper fit as determined by the club fitter, you will be properly fit into another one of Fujikura’s many offerings.

Want to be part of this amazing Fujikura Shaft and Club Champion Fitting and Review? Read how to apply below.

ABOUT THE FUJIKURA SPEEDER EVOLUTION IV

The newest in a long line of Speeders, the Speeder Evolution IV, is developed with the most advanced technologies in the graphite shaft industry. Building on the performance, engineering and material integrations of the Evo II and Evo III, the Evo IV sets the new standard. The IV is based on the profile of the II (low launch and low spin), but has a slightly softer mid to tip section to increase launch angle while maintaining low torque and spin with added high-strength materials.

The materials and engineering processes that make up the IV are more advanced than any Speeder that came before. New technologies include a new High-performance intermediate modulus 70-ton material, for lightweight stability and a new “Engineered Outer Bias Technology” that creates smoother loading feel. Technologies that carry over from previous Evolution shafts include MCT (Metal Composite Technology), 90 Ton Carbon Fiber for ultra-lightweight stability and Maximum Carbon Fiber Content (MCFC) pre-preg material.

The IV has a full-length 3D printed Black/Silver gradient cosmetic to compliment the gold decal. Available in weight ranges from 56 to 77 grams (569, 661, 757) and in flexes starting at SR (R2) up to X. $400 MSRP.

HOW TO APPLY

• Driver Swing Speed

Testers chosen and notified via PM within 7 days. Good luck!

WHAT WE ASK

If chosen, we request a full review on both the fitting experience and the Fujikura shaft you are properly fit into. You will be required to participate in an Official Review Thread on GolfWRX, including observations and photos.

NOTE: You are responsible for transportation to and from your nearest Club Champion location.

Callaway Epic Driver 9.0 with Fujikura Evolution II Regular Shaft. Swing Speed 90-95. Have never been fitted. Would like more distance. I'm 66 years old with a 10.3 index. Champion in Boston is my closest site.

• Titleist 910D3 9.5* (A1 setting) Diamana 'Ahina 45" X-flex
  • Driver Swing Speed - 110mph
  • What are your goals to improve your driving? - Happy with distance,need more accuracy.
  • Have you ever been custom fit before? Yes, for irons and driver. However, driver wasn't a "true" fitting as we know them to be today, done at a demo day.
  • Houston, TX

• Current Driver & Shaft Details (Manufacturer, Model, Settings, Length, Flex) : Taylormade, 2016 M2, 10.5, Mitsubishi Tensi Pro Blue, 45" Stiff
  • Driver Swing Speed : 95mph
  • What are your goals to improve your driving? Could always use more yardage as finding fairway usually not an issue
  • Have you ever been custom fit before? No
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting: Philadelphia, Pa.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• Current Driver & Shaft Details: Titleist 917D3 9.5, B1 Hosel Setting (.5* flat), Neutral 16g weight, Mitsubishi Diamana LTD S+ 60S, 44.5in
  • Driver Swing Speed: 105ish
  • What are your goals to improve your driving? Better accuracy and a more consistent ballflight
  • Have you ever been custom fit before? No
  • Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting: Philadelphia

Fujikura is offering the opportunity for 5 GolfWRX members to be properly fit for and review the Speeder Evolution IV shaft. They've partnered with Club Champion, a Golf Digest Top 100 fitting company, with their 26 locations throughout the US to ensure a proper fit. The winners of this contest will experience a top-notch driver fitting by one of Club Champion’s trained fitting experts. Important Note: If the Speeder Evolution IV is not a proper fit as determined by the club fitter, you will be properly fit into another one of Fujikura’s many offerings.

Want to be part of this amazing Fujikura Shaft and Club Champion Fitting and Review? Read how to apply below.

ABOUT THE FUJIKURA SPEEDER EVOLUTION IV

The newest in a long line of Speeders, the Speeder Evolution IV, is developed with the most advanced technologies in the graphite shaft industry. Building on the performance, engineering and material integrations of the Evo II and Evo III, the Evo IV sets the new standard. The IV is based on the profile of the II (low launch and low spin), but has a slightly softer mid to tip section to increase launch angle while maintaining low torque and spin with added high-strength materials.

The materials and engineering processes that make up the IV are more advanced than any Speeder that came before. New technologies include a new High-performance intermediate modulus 70-ton material, for lightweight stability and a new “Engineered Outer Bias Technology” that creates smoother loading feel. Technologies that carry over from previous Evolution shafts include MCT (Metal Composite Technology), 90 Ton Carbon Fiber for ultra-lightweight stability and Maximum Carbon Fiber Content (MCFC) pre-preg material.

The IV has a full-length 3D printed Black/Silver gradient cosmetic to compliment the gold decal. Available in weight ranges from 56 to 77 grams (569, 661, 757) and in flexes starting at SR (R2) up to X. $400 MSRP.

HOW TO APPLY

• Driver Swing Speed

Testers chosen and notified via PM within 7 days. Good luck!

WHAT WE ASK

If chosen, we request a full review on both the fitting experience and the Fujikura shaft you are properly fit into. You will be required to participate in an Official Review Thread on GolfWRX, including observations and photos.

NOTE: You are responsible for transportation to and from your nearest Club Champion location.

Current Driver & Shaft Details: Taylor Made M1 440 9.5. HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.5. Standard Length. Neutral settings.

Driver Swing Speed: 110 mph

What are your goals to improve your driving?: accuracy

Have you ever been custom fit before? Yes

Indicate the Club Champion location you'd visit for the fitting: Club Champion Houston, TX.

• Callaway Great Big Bertha ( 2015 model), 9 degree standard settings; Mitsubishi Bassara GG series shaft TS flex (tour stiff)
  • Driver Swing Speed - low 90's
  • I would like to reduce my spin rate and increase my launch which should provide added distance.
  • I have used Club Champion services for club fitting ever since they opened in Orlando. Rob is great!!
  • Location would be Orlando.

Driver: PXG 0211 9*, Accra TZ6 445M3

3 & 5 wood: TM SIM2 MAX D, FUJI AirSpeeder 45R

4 Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2, Accra i70R

5-7 iron: Honma XP-1, Vizard 63R

8-11 iron: Honma TW X, Vizard 63R

52,56 & 60: Honma TW W4, Vizard TR 20 - 85R

Putter: SIK Tour Prototpye

ALL LEFT HANDED