Artisan Golf Wedges- Mike Taylor and the old "Oven" crew that made Tiger's clubs

I've asked them about a custom putter shape and a toe sweep LW

Will report back

Ping G400 Max Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w Diamana Blue B 80s G400 7w GD PM902s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* Matrix HQ3x Apex 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Mizuno 919T 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M & 59*M, 64* Recoil Proto 95 f4

Piretti Matera Elite

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve hit the blades many times and have taken a number of students over there to hit them (we share a range) and have yet to have anyone not absolutely love them. Most guys say they aren’t good enough

Some more Artisan Irons Sneak Peeks;   A Blade and a Cavity Back;    

Stumbled upon this...it is in Japanese, you can change the quality to "hd"   its 8:23 of a guy hitting the various artisan irons (3 different models)   https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/v

Posted Images

i saw this on instagram as well. i was going to post it but was trying to see if anyone else already had.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

OMG! This is awesome! MT is the best! I’ll be getting in touch with him today!

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Those look sweet. So what was the damage on them?

Wk

I believe he is now walking with a limp and has a 50% less chance of having children.

Talormade R1 RIP Stiff
TM TP MC 3-PW KBS Tour S
TM Tour Preferred ATV 56* & 60*
Taylormade Spider Mallet 2.0 38"
Taylormade Lethal/Pro V1
Titleist Perma Soft ML
Adidas Tour 360 2.0

Are the wedges forged or cast?

Price for wedges?

He told me the price is yet to be firm. He is working with the suppliers to determine a firm price before he can put a final price. He can fulfill early request with standing inventory.

They are all forged.

RA3.......gotta say they gave me a 'lil chubby. They look awesome.

• Like 1

PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

I teach at the range that shares property with artisan and Mike T was my first boss out of college years ago. With that I have a good relationship with them and have been down there quite a bit. In fact, I saw these wedges earlier this week. Send the boys a message and you will be very excited about the price. Mike told me a price this week and it was very reasonable. The putters and wedges are the best I have seen or felt and I am in staff with another OEM.

Thanks for chiming in. He told me that he had a good relationship with the facility next door. Must be nice to have a place like that next door. I am afraid I would be camped out there all day.

The putters look really good as well.

Richard, Did you talk to Mike in any great detail about the putters he's thinking of making available? Is it going to be like the wedges where you, I or any average equipment ho :pimp: can have Mike say make me my own personal 006 to spec? Or did you not really get into his business model that far?

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Hey guys,

The folks out at Artisan are good friends of mine and cant be more excited for what they are doing out at the old oven. When it comes to quality and craftsmanship, you cannot find anything better than the product that they put out. Along with the wedges, they are doing some really neat stuff when it comes to putters (different materials, cg tech, etc.). I have rolled a few of the different head shapes and the feel is just incredible. I know they have a few of the first run available for purchase. If anyone is interested please send them an email at [email protected] to see exactly what they have available. Big things coming from these guys in the next few months.

The face is what I'm really interested in on the putters

Milled face with 3 different depths of milling. Essentially zero, a mid mill, and a deep mill.

Hence #showyourface

Can’t wait to see what they’re hiding

I teach at the range that shares property with artisan and Mike T was my first boss out of college years ago. With that I have a good relationship with them and have been down there quite a bit. In fact, I saw these wedges earlier this week. Send the boys a message and you will be very excited about the price. Mike told me a price this week and it was very reasonable. The putters and wedges are the best I have seen or felt and I am in staff with another OEM.

Thanks for chiming in. He told me that he had a good relationship with the facility next door. Must be nice to have a place like that next door. I am afraid I would be camped out there all day.

The putters look really good as well.

Richard, Did you talk to Mike in any great detail about the putters he's thinking of making available? Is it going to be like the wedges where you, I or any average equipment ho :pimp: can have Mike say make me my own personal 006 to spec? Or did you not really get into his business model that far?

I have talked to him a lot over the last couple of weeks. Over the years we have gotten to know each other and I respect his body of work so much.

They intend to go slow and deliberately. They are set on quality over quantity. He talks about a client as he talked in the past about his tour players. Each have their own customer number and product history. As you order a new wedge the specs and notes are preserved from teh last build.

The putters are made in the same shop and lead by John. Heard the feel like butter. I have inquired about getting one. Mike said that John would reach out to advise price and how they will proceed.

R

Ahhh... Mike Taylor and some of the OG Oven crew from the old Nike Oven got the band back together again. Making wedges and putters to start. Instagram link... https://www.instagra.../artisangolftx/

I heard this and called Mike to see what was going on. Said they are building clubs again under a new name Artisan Golf. Made in Texas in the old Nike Oven facility. Same machines, facility and partial crew. David Franklin retired but Mike Taylor and a few others are back together.

I asked him to make me a set of gamers. I figured if he can make Tiger Woods wedges I can make them for this hack. ;) I asked him under one condition... that I pay full price for them. Unfortunately he didnt tell me how much they are. Errrr. Told me he would invoice only after I received them and approved of the work.

Mike Taylor is honestly one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He always has been one of the greats.

They came yesterday. I was able to pick out everything. Grind, finish, stampings and paintfill colors. I went with Raw finish in a higher bounce (12 and 8) 56* and 52*. Asked for some heel relief to allow me to open up the 56* as well.

https://www.instagra.../artisangolftx/

Please please please stop teasing me!! These look like they belong in my bag....immediately!! Beautiful!!

Is Artisan Golf going to produce iron sets?

Yes. Already are.

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Rogue 130 70x 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Any Chance TW appears with TM stamped wedge that looks very similar to these?

I would be surprised if he doesn't have TM wedges in the bag at Hero. You would think he would have found his desired wedge set up and grind by now. You guys think he doesn't like the Milled grind and TM is making his own unique wedge?

These wedges by artisan are a thing of beauty!!

Like these?

DfKUpoZ.jpg

TaylorMade SIM 9* - Fujikura Speeder TR 857X

TaylorMade SIM Max Rocket 14* - Fujikura Rombax P95X

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 - Fujikura Pro 95i Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-9 - DG TI X100

TaylorMade MG Tour Chrome 46*, Raw 50*, Raw 55* - DG TI S400

TaylorMade Tour Hi Toe Raw Face 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

Like these?

DfKUpoZ.jpg

Man those look amazing ! Must be one lucky ? dude to be getting those ! Probably a VIP of industry. Or maybe a major champ !? You can never tell !

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Rogue 130 70x 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Any Chance TW appears with TM stamped wedge that looks very similar to these?

I would be surprised if he doesn't have TM wedges in the bag at Hero. You would think he would have found his desired wedge set up and grind by now. You guys think he doesn't like the Milled grind and TM is making his own unique wedge?

These wedges by artisan are a thing of beauty!!

I'll be surprised if he doesn't show up at Hero with a set of Artisan wedges in his bag. These are the wedges he's played the last 15 years.

TaylorMade M2 10.5[sup][size=2]o[/size][/sup] / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro Ltd. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 DS / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike SV Tour 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

Truly awesome stuff. Love the shape of those wedges. Can't wait to see the pricing as I know it cannot be cheap. Such a niche market however, I wonder what they can do differently (business wise) that Scratch Golf didn't already try?

[size=3]2020 WITB[/size]
[size=3]Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 10.5* - Aldila Rogue Max 75x[/size]
[size=3]3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x[/size]
[size=3]2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted[/size]
[size=3]52* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind[/size]
[size=3]58* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind[/size]
[size=3]Putter: Odyssey Sabertooth[/size]

I emailed them yesterday morning and have yet to receive a reply. Hopefully I will hear from them today.

Taylormade 2019 M5 with Fuji Ventus Blue 6x 
Taylormade 2019 M5 fairway wood with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Callaway Apex Utility- 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber 125X
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM7 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with TT DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O Works Black #2M CS

I texted with Mike last night. They are going to keep the release of these very slow to start with. He is currently getting new forgings and working on making sure they are right. The wedges they are doing now are from older forgings and he wants to make sure he has "his parts" before they get going full bore. Be patient as the wait is going to be worth it.

The wedges are exciting and I get the draw for a custom wedge. If they have a better price point for custom wedges, they'll sell like hot cakes I'm sure.

I'm more interesting to hear about the putters and the different materials and such they've been teasing. Itching to do a custom putter build that doesn't break the bank.

Are you snowed in or have you been able to try them ?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Really nice, I'm still rocking with my Engage wedges, best I've ever played. Already have a backup set waiting for next season still in wax.

WITB 2020
- SIM 10.5 one click lower, Kuro Kage DC TiNi 60TS
-F9 4/5 wood 18.5 -1.5*, Ventus 8S
-MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
-F9 Baffler 21*, Diamana Thump 90S
-z785 5-7, z-Forged 8-PW, PX LZ 5.5
-50/54/58 Cleveland RTX 4 Mid, PX LZ 6.0
-Cushman Custom Golf C&C #2
-Srixon Z-Star 2020