Jump to content

Artisan Golf Wedges- Mike Taylor and the old "Oven" crew that made Tiger's clubs


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, rackemroller said:

Looks like you and I have very similar set ups. 

 

Are you going to grab a set?

I just had John finish up a 0318 for me, so I'm ready for some more Artisan "jewels".  I would love to get a set made up.  Probably in a similar set make up to my Miura's.  4-6 in the SC, and 7-PW in the MB's.  I need to get my wedges reshafted anyway, so maybe a "refresh" of the wedges and the whole build scenario.

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS @ 9º w/ Tensei Pro White 1K 50x

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM TI 5w @ 19º w/ Diamana fw75s

Hybrid: Srixon H85 4H @ 22º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Black 85s

Irons: Wilson Staff Model Blades 5-PW w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Raw @ 52º, 56º, 60º w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more Artisan Irons Sneak Peeks;   A Blade and a Cavity Back;    

I’ve hit the blades many times and have taken a number of students over there to hit them (we share a range) and have yet to have anyone not absolutely love them. Most guys say they aren’t good enough

Stumbled upon this...it is in Japanese, you can change the quality to "hd"   its 8:23 of a guy hitting the various artisan irons (3 different models)   https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/v

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Cruisin1966 said:

I just had John finish up a 0318 for me, so I'm ready for some more Artisan "jewels".  I would love to get a set made up.  Probably in a similar set make up to my Miura's.  4-6 in the SC, and 7-PW in the MB's.  I need to get my wedges reshafted anyway, so maybe a "refresh" of the wedges and the whole build scenario.

I'm thinking the same, 4-6 in the half muscle and 7-w in the MB. Let me know if you hear anything about availability.

TM SiM2 Fuji Ventus 6x 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus 7x
TM SiM2 Ti 19 Fuji Ventus 8x
Miura TC-201 4-pw  DG TI X-100
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117
TP5

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep coming back to look at photos and read this thread.  I’m tentatively planning for a trip in 2022. I’m above average around the green with my SM8 58M, slightly above average bunker player and average from 120-50 yards out. I’m a 5hc and carry Vokey 49/54/58.  
 

What do you think the biggest benefits I would see from the fitting and wedge game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sniper said:

I keep coming back to look at photos and read this thread.  I’m tentatively planning for a trip in 2022. I’m above average around the green with my SM8 58M, slightly above average bunker player and average from 120-50 yards out. I’m a 5hc and carry Vokey 49/54/58.  
 

What do you think the biggest benefits I would see from the fitting and wedge game?


depends on the shots you hit, how you hit them, shots you want to hit but currently can’t based on the tools in your bag. What do you struggle with? How is the balance of your wedge game? Should get better turf interaction and be able to do it all more easily 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fort Worth Pro said:


depends on the shots you hit, how you hit them, shots you want to hit but currently can’t based on the tools in your bag. What do you struggle with? How is the balance of your wedge game? Should get better turf interaction and be able to do it all more easily 

Are you playing the Artisan's these days Michael?

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15* 3WD.             Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Exotics CBX119 18* 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 21* 7WD                    Fujikura Ventus Red 9X
MIURA CB57 5-7                            MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 Prototype 1.5 Beach 34/350 (A010656)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got to get down there to FTW and see these guys.

  • Like 1

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15* 3WD.             Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Exotics CBX119 18* 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 21* 7WD                    Fujikura Ventus Red 9X
MIURA CB57 5-7                            MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 Prototype 1.5 Beach 34/350 (A010656)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fort Worth Pro said:


depends on the shots you hit, how you hit them, shots you want to hit but currently can’t based on the tools in your bag. What do you struggle with? How is the balance of your wedge game? Should get better turf interaction and be able to do it all more easily 

I like to open and close the face the around greens. I tend to hit more of a high floating shot from 100 and in opposed to being able to drive shots in. I could use better gapping. I’m not opposed to a 60 degree wedge but have always stayed away because I feel like it just slides up the face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nitram said:

I've got to get down there to FTW and see these guys.

 

Its a great experience.

 

My dad was supposed to come out in the Spring to get wedges but doesn't look like that will happen now; called Jamie and now trying to work out a way he can get fit from Scotland. John already did an amazing job with a putter for my dad using video from Scotland. 

  • Like 1
  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish we’d see more of John’s putters on tour, such amazing flatsticks. 

  • Like 3

SIM 9.0 w/ TPW 70TX
SIM2 TI 3 w/Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX

SIM UDI 2 w/Nippon GOST 112 TX
or SIM2 TI 5 w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 X
Callaway Apex Raw MB 4-PW w/ TI X100
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, easyyy said:

Added all the pics of the original wedges in the 1st post. They were lost in one of the migrations. Thinking of getting another set up. 52/56/60

 

 

 

 

 

Do you still game yours?

 

Mine are almost a year old and had one blast by them and in great condition, if I move back to Scotland this summer I am going to get a backup set made. Also spoken to Jamie about a 2 wedge setup for my old man!

  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scott_Donald said:

 

Do you still game yours?

 

Mine are almost a year old and had one blast by them and in great condition, if I move back to Scotland this summer I am going to get a backup set made. Also spoken to Jamie about a 2 wedge setup for my old man!

How long did it take for them to blast your wedges and get them back to you?  Mine don’t quite need it yet but they are getting there. 

SIM 9.0 w/ TPW 70TX
SIM2 TI 3 w/Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX

SIM UDI 2 w/Nippon GOST 112 TX
or SIM2 TI 5 w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 X
Callaway Apex Raw MB 4-PW w/ TI X100
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SC-TX 88 said:

How long did it take for them to blast your wedges and get them back to you?  Mine don’t quite need it yet but they are getting there. 

 

I drove up there to get 3 clubs reshafted after I got fit into PX 7.0 for my blueprints.

 

So I think the time it took them to reshaft 1 and a half clubs! 

 

This is them at the range straight after. Mine did not really need done but I was right there anyway.

 

I think I will head up in late May ish and get them re done again. and get a second set to take back with me to Scotland for use sometime in 2022. 

126462457_10157739716121778_8023279523129030028_o.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, scott_Donald said:

 

I drove up there to get 3 clubs reshafted after I got fit into PX 7.0 for my blueprints.

 

So I think the time it took them to reshaft 1 and a half clubs! 

 

This is them at the range straight after. Mine did not really need done but I was right there anyway.

 

I think I will head up in late May ish and get them re done again. and get a second set to take back with me to Scotland for use sometime in 2022. 

126462457_10157739716121778_8023279523129030028_o.jpg

His wedges are just the perfect profile and shape..... PERFECTION!

  • Like 2

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
Ping g25 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, scott_Donald said:

 

I drove up there to get 3 clubs reshafted after I got fit into PX 7.0 for my blueprints.

 

So I think the time it took them to reshaft 1 and a half clubs! 

 

This is them at the range straight after. Mine did not really need done but I was right there anyway.

 

I think I will head up in late May ish and get them re done again. and get a second set to take back with me to Scotland for use sometime in 2022. 

126462457_10157739716121778_8023279523129030028_o.jpg

 

I might have to give mine that treatment soon.   Just over a year and time to freshen them up.  Glad they could do it quick as i did not want to be without wedges for a couple of weeks. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some discussion with the team....

 

The photos from Japan are earlier versions of the irons with pictures that should not have been released.
 

Team is still progressing thru the prototyping phase. No release date or plan yet just noting that Mike says they will be ready when they are ready.

 

Once ready, they will be for current Artisan customers only first. Expect a similar fitting experience to the wedges (2-3hrs total going thru the head types, gapping, shafts etc)

Edited by quincy48402
  • Like 1

Driver= 9.5 deg Taylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (yellow)

3 wood= 15 deg Taylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (red)

Hybrid= 19 deg Tylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (hybrid)

Irons= 4-PW Callaway X Forged (2013) w/ Shimada Constant shafts

Wedges= Artisan 49, 54, 58 w/ NS pro tour 125

Putter= Scotty Cameron Newport Mil Spec 340g w/ BOS oil can finish and deep milling

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, quincy48402 said:

Had some discussion with the team....

 

The photos from Japan are earlier versions of the irons with pictures that should not have been released.
 

Team is still progressing thru the prototyping phase. No release date or plan yet just noting that Mike says they will be ready when they are ready.

 

Once ready, they will be for current Artisan customers only first. Expect a similar fitting experience to the wedges (2-3hrs total going thru the head types, gapping, shafts etc)

Any indication of price?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EVandy said:

Any indication of price?

Asked...but no discussion or mention of price

Driver= 9.5 deg Taylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (yellow)

3 wood= 15 deg Taylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (red)

Hybrid= 19 deg Tylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (hybrid)

Irons= 4-PW Callaway X Forged (2013) w/ Shimada Constant shafts

Wedges= Artisan 49, 54, 58 w/ NS pro tour 125

Putter= Scotty Cameron Newport Mil Spec 340g w/ BOS oil can finish and deep milling

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ry1808 said:

I'm about a month out from my fitting at Artisan. Any recommendations for a course I can try and play between my fitting in the morning and flight back home in the evening?

 

Thanks.

 

No but when I was there in November I planned to play after and I had time but every course that was worth the money was fully booked so I ended up at an awesome practice place in Arlington. 

 

So book your golf!

  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ry1808 said:

I'm about a month out from my fitting at Artisan. Any recommendations for a course I can try and play between my fitting in the morning and flight back home in the evening?

 

Thanks.

 Texas rangers golf course, Texas star golf course, or Rockwood are probably your best public options back toward the airport. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing Jamie/Mike (wedges) and John (putter), I played the following

 

  • Mira Vista (private, had my pro call down and "introduce" me), I wanted to play Colonial, but they never returned the call
  • Rockwood (municipal course, love the rectangular green on 9 if memory serves)
  • Tierra Verde
  • Waterchase
Edited by Cruisin1966

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS @ 9º w/ Tensei Pro White 1K 50x

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM TI 5w @ 19º w/ Diamana fw75s

Hybrid: Srixon H85 4H @ 22º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Black 85s

Irons: Wilson Staff Model Blades 5-PW w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Raw @ 52º, 56º, 60º w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, Cruisin1966 said:

After seeing Jamie/Mike (wedges) and John (putter), I played the following

 

  • Mira Vista (private, had my pro call down and "introduce" me), I wanted to play Colonial, but they never returned the call
  • Rockwood (municipal course, love the retangular green on 9 if memory serves)
  • Tierra Verde
  • Waterchase


I worked at Mira for 7 years. It’s great. My understanding is the greens are not great right now. He is babying them in hopes they don’t have winterkill from our storm. Colonial was going through some staff changes in the fall but has née director of golf in place now. Squaw creek just west of town (about 5 minutes west of artisan) is best value public course around. It’s probably my favorite of the bunch regardless of price but the fact that it’s reasonable is a bonus for most people. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fort Worth Pro said:


I worked at Mira for 7 years. It’s great. My understanding is the greens are not great right now. He is babying them in hopes they don’t have winterkill from our storm. Colonial was going through some staff changes in the fall but has née director of golf in place now. Squaw creek just west of town (about 5 minutes west of artisan) is best value public course around. It’s probably my favorite of the bunch regardless of price but the fact that it’s reasonable is a bonus for most people. 

 

I even spent an afternoon at your range facility hoping to meet you, but we just missed crossing paths.  Wanted to say thanks for all the advise.  My trip was a year ago October, so I'm sure things have changed a little since then.  I will add Squaw Creek to my list for the next time.

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS @ 9º w/ Tensei Pro White 1K 50x

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM TI 5w @ 19º w/ Diamana fw75s

Hybrid: Srixon H85 4H @ 22º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Black 85s

Irons: Wilson Staff Model Blades 5-PW w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Raw @ 52º, 56º, 60º w/ Oban Reserve Prototype 113s

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 1:49 AM, Diamana_Stinger said:

Stumbled upon this...it is in Japanese, you can change the quality to "hd"

 

its 8:23 of a guy hitting the various artisan irons (3 different models)

 

https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/video/player/3611101

 

Next spring, golfers will be presented with a high quality tour custom level and a touching feel.

"ARTISAN GOLF IRON LS ☆ 720 SERIES" is a tour-proven authentic head shape "LS ☆ 720MB (muscle back)" "LS ☆ 720HM (half muscle)" "LS ☆ 720CB (cavity back)" 3 Lineup of types.

The shape is faithfully reproduced by scanning the hand-ground master head by Mike Tailor and applying ultra-precision milling.

MADE IN JAPAN demands even higher precision and guarantees high precision and high quality reliability in production.

o1078144014871046266.jpg

o1078144014871046269.jpg

 

Any updates on availability, price and options?

Drivers : DesignTuningIDVZero-JadeAdllerSankiPlanaria-ItoboriSevenDreamer-RyomaCrazy9Dia
UTs : A-Grind-Itobori-ProceedTi-Ryoma
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ItoboriMXH-OrionCloser-PXG0311T-TitleistCNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-JadeAdller-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-Xenon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 16 replies
    • 2021 Valero Texas Open - discussion & links
      Please put any questions or comments here. 
       
      This week, the PGA Tour is at TPC San Antonio on the Oaks Course for the Valero Texas Open. GolfWRX was on-site Tuesday to catch a glimpse into the bags of some of the world’s top golfers.
       
      The field of 144 is getting ready to battle starting Thursday for the $7.7 million purse, with $1.386 million going to the winner. The tournament is also the last event where players can qualify for The Masters, just like Canadian Corey Conners did last year.
       
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.
       

       
      2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #1 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #2 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #3 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #4 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #5 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #6 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #7 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #8  


       
      Cameron putters (added Bernd Wiesberger's custom T-11) -2021 Valero Texas Open Piretti putters -2021 Valero Texas Open Branden Grace testing AutoFlex shaft @ 2021 Valero Texas Open  
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.
       

       
        • Like
      • 29 replies
    • **GIVEAWAY** Odyssey Ten Triple Track Putter! ENTER NOW!
      NEW Odyssey Ten Triple Track putter giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!
       
      That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!
       
      If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first
       





       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 1,599 replies
    • 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #1
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #2
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #3
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #4
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #5
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #6
       
       

       
      Hideki testing putters at WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Odyssey/Toulon Atlanta putter - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Cameron putters - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Patrick Reed testing TPT shafts 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
       
       
      • 54 replies
    • 2021 Players - discussion and links
      Please post any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Players - Monday #1
      2021 Players - Monday #2
      2021 Players - Monday #3
      2021 Players - Monday #4
      2021 Players - Tuesday #1
      2021 Players - Tuesday #2
      2021 Players - Tuesday #3
      2021 Players - Tuesday #4
      2021 Players - Tuesday #5
      2021 Players - Tuesday #6
       
       

       
      Maverick McNealy's custom 1 of 1 Callaway Apex MB irons - 2021 Players
      Adam Long's Cameron T-5 proto - 2021 Players
      Abraham Ancer's custom Muira irons and custom MMT shafts - 2021 Players
      Bettinardi putters & cover - 2021 Players
      Jon Rahm's bag - 2021 Players
      Xander Schauffele's bag - 2021 Players
      Sergio with a Cameron putter - 2021 Players
      Cameron T11 & 11.5 putters - 2021 Players
      Sergio Garcia's clubs - 2021 Players
      Scott Brown's Odyssey gamer - 2021 Players
       
       
       
      • 52 replies

×
×
  • Create New...