Artisan Golf Wedges- Mike Taylor and the old "Oven" crew that made Tiger's clubs

easyyy

Good looking wedges!

TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero / Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X

TA Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond-T 14° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X 

Callaway UW 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X

Titleist TSi3 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 TX

Callaway X Forged UT '21 25°/ Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x 

Srixon Z785 6-PW / Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x

50F Vokey SM8 Jet Black / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

54K Vokey Tour Design Raw / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

58K Vokey SM8 Jet Black / BGT ZNE 130

Piretti Potenza Cu plated 360g / BGT Stability Shaft  

For a starting price of $875 I’d expecf a better fit/finish than the strange gapping on the cavity insert.

Higher gap on bottom left side of cavity than on right side. And the corners don’t match well either.

High price brings high expectations and rightfully so.

Check the two newer putters in their most recent putter picture. Gapping appears to be gone. Pretty sure that pic you posted was not a finished model but still a working prototype.

They should take that pic down then if it’s not indicative of current product quality because that isn’t gonna cut it for $875 for most people. The angle of the newer pic doesn’t make it possible to verify the problem is fixed to be honest. I’ve seen it.

First you should get familiar with the custom putter world. $850 isn't expensive. It's all relative.

2nd off. What you are looking at is a prototype. Collectors pay MORE for flaws and oddities like this. Double stamps , finish irregularities. One offs etc. instead of picking nits maybe just enjoy that one of the most talented builders in the game is working again. And working on reasonably priced items that can be custom built to your wants. ?

I am familiar with the custom putter world. Maybe you should get familiar with how to not sound condescending.

For $875 starting price I’ll pick nits as much as I want to. It says that’s the starting price so I’m assuming it gets more expensive depending on yourchoice of options.

I’m glad mike is working for sure. Wedges look ridiculously good. However if those were ill fitted proto medallions I sure as hell wouldn’t plaster them on my social media account if the finished product was gonna look better. Obviously mike thought there was an issue bc ft worth pro said it had been fixed.

Just saying for my $875 it’ll have to be significantly better than that pic. Obviously others are free to spend their money how they wish.

For a starting price of $875 I’d expecf a better fit/finish than the strange gapping on the cavity insert.

Higher gap on bottom left side of cavity than on right side. And the corners don’t match well either.

Check the two newer putters in their most recent putter picture. Gapping appears to be gone. Pretty sure that pic you posted was not a finished model but still a working prototype.

They should take that pic down then if it’s not indicative of current product quality because that isn’t gonna cut it for $875 for most people. The angle of the newer pic doesn’t make it possible to verify the problem is fixed to be honest. I’ve seen it.

First you should get familiar with the custom putter world. $850 isn't expensive. It's all relative.

2nd off. What you are looking at is a prototype. Collectors pay MORE for flaws and oddities like this. Double stamps , finish irregularities. One offs etc. instead of picking nits maybe just enjoy that one of the most talented builders in the game is working again. And working on reasonably priced items that can be custom built to your wants. ?

I am familiar with the custom putter world. Maybe you should get familiar with how to not sound condescending.

For $875 starting price I’ll pick nits as much as I want to. It says that’s the starting price so I’m assuming it gets more expensive depending on yourchoice of options.

I’m glad mike is working for sure. Wedges look ridiculously good. However if those were ill fitted proto medallions I sure as hell wouldn’t plaster them on my social media account if the finished product was gonna look better. Obviously mike thought there was an issue bc ft worth pro said it had been fixed.

Just saying for my $875 it’ll have to be significantly better than that pic. Obviously others are free to spend their money how they wish.

Just to be clear, I didn't say anything had been "fixed". I said the newer photos didn't look like they had the same gapping. I personally had never noticed that until you pointed it out because personally all I care about is how a putter looks when I put it down and how it feels when I make a stroke and these are the best I have ever been around when it comes to that. A large reason this putter feels so good is because of that weight in the cavity and where it positions the CG of the putter and I think with the prototype pic that is all they were trying to highlight. Some of the tech going into the putter. New pictures of putters up today.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jones'ing for the blue/black!!!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST TD S @ 8.1º w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

FairwayTaylormade Stealth Plus @ 15º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Driving Iron: Titleist U500 3i @ 20º w/ XCaliber RT95s

Irons: Taylormade P760 4-PW w/ Xcaliber RT105s (Artisan HC 4-PW w/ Steelfiber 110s - waiting on build)

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

They all look nice. But that Gold finish on the anser 2 shape would be my pick. Sight dot and a sound slot and it's perfect.

Ping G425 max 9* Ventus TR red 6x 

TM Sim2 max tour graphite design ADHD 8x 

Titleist Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist Tsi1 23* Addi 105x 

Titleist T100 5-pw MMT 125 TX 

Vokey sm7 50 , edel sms 54-c 58-v  MMT 125tx

Cameron 009 GSS 1.5.  Sound slot. , tungsten weights.  Head speed shaft.  

Some food for thought for the people complaining about the putter price; Maybe just don’t buy it if you don’t want to pay that much? Just a thought...

We won’t. That’s why we are complaining about the price.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reforming club addict.

Some food for thought for the people complaining about the putter price; Maybe just don’t buy it if you don’t want to pay that much? Just a thought...

But what’s the goal? Obviously they aren’t going to sell a ton of these at that price and they know that, but it sounds like they are really going for quality. They aren’t going to change the price due to complaints here. If there were perceived imperfections in the photos like another guy said, why would you want to buy it anyway at any price? If it’s too much money, buy something else or don’t buy anything and just move on.

But what’s the goal? Obviously they aren’t going to sell a ton of these at that price and they know that, but it sounds like they are really going for quality. They aren’t going to change the price due to complaints here. If there were perceived imperfections in the photos like another guy said, why would you want to buy it anyway at any price? If it’s too much money, buy something else or don’t buy anything and just move on.

You can't handle a little criticism of a price point on a start up equipment company's first foray into the milled putter market and you think others need to "move on"? I see your somewhat new here but if you think this sub-forum should be devoid of criticism, prepare for disappointment.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Yea. Criticism. Fine. But the price point ? Would be like someone making a Mercedes equivalent for $35k and someone bashing the price. Compared to competitors opening putter prices I.e Byron , Mann , Cameron , etc $875 is cheaper. You can get a bare bones dh89 possibly cheaper than that. ( but I don't think you can anymore ) But it won't have anything on it. In Carbon etc.

If you are complaining aboot putter prices in general. Fine. But you can't say these aren't cheaper than others when comparing materials , fit finish and options.

And I can tell you from experience with Mann puretti etc. having bought some of their first anser models made. The price won't stay $875. Demand will drive it up. All the other makers I've named are higher now. Because at the low price they have so many buyer they can't build them fast enough .

Ping G425 max 9* Ventus TR red 6x 

TM Sim2 max tour graphite design ADHD 8x 

Titleist Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist Tsi1 23* Addi 105x 

Titleist T100 5-pw MMT 125 TX 

Vokey sm7 50 , edel sms 54-c 58-v  MMT 125tx

Cameron 009 GSS 1.5.  Sound slot. , tungsten weights.  Head speed shaft.  

From reading other threads they should just kick out headcovers and ball markers, way less work involved!

dude, get over it. I got no skin in the game but man is your act tiresome

I don’t know what your talking about. I haven’t posted in any putter thread in weeks. It was a joke, one that is all encompassing of the putter accessory market and not a shot at anyone particularly. Apologies for upsetting you somehow.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

From reading other threads they should just kick out headcovers and ball markers, way less work involved!

I don’t know what your talking about. I haven’t posted in any putter thread in weeks. It was a joke, one that is all encompassing of the putter accessory market and not a shot at anyone particularly. Apologies for upsetting you somehow.

sorry, must have mistaken you with someone else

sorry, must have mistaken you with someone else

Cheers! :)

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

You can't handle a little criticism of a price point on a start up equipment company's first foray into the milled putter market and you think others need to "move on"? I see your somewhat new here but if you think this sub-forum should be devoid of criticism, prepare for disappointment.

I don’t have a horse in this race, and yes I am new here, I just don’t see any point in criticizing a price point when there are plenty of other upscale putters for more and less than that price. I see where you are coming from though, we can disagree, sorry I sounded so harsh.

I dig the wedges,, and like others, hope that the wedge price is more in line with the first mention by easyyy.

As for the putter. They have some work to do. I get the nostalgia, but other than dedicated diehard Nike fans, adopters of the method and variants were hard to come by. I read a lot of poster dribble blaming the woes of Tiger and Rory on the putter so distancing from this mindset is crucial to get the current asking price for the new offering.

FWIW, I like the putter too, but there are so many great $450's out there that my very hard earned savings my never be steered toward a putter approaching 1K.

$250-$350 for a wedge is a little high...$875 for ONE putter is absurd.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

This is capitalism at its best.

Artisan Golf is going to produce wedges, putter and irons; they have placed a value on their products. As a consumer, we have criteria that lets us initially evaluate their products and determine a value (ownership versus cost) to us. It's different for each of us. I haven't seen their products in person yet and haven't seen any formal product reviews other than the few comments from people that may have been to their facility and tested some of the early production clubs.

If demand for their products exceeds production capacity; selling price may go up. If production exceeds demand the selling price may drop.........we'll see once they are fully up to production.

I'm pretty sure I know how the wedges are going to play based on what's in my bag right now. The Artisan putters are still an unknown for me; they'll be very special if they can better my Origin B2-01.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

This is capitalism at its best.

Artisan Golf is going to produce wedges, putter and irons; they have placed a value on their products. As a consumer, we have criteria that lets us initially evaluate their products and determine a value (ownership versus cost) to us. It's different for each of us. I haven't seen their products in person yet and haven't seen any formal product reviews other than the few comments from people that may have been to their facility and tested some of the early production clubs.

If demand for their products exceeds production capacity; selling price may go up. If production exceeds demand the selling price may drop.........we'll see once they are fully up to production.

I'm pretty sure I know how the wedges are going to play based on what's in my bag right now. The Artisan putters are still an unknown for me; they'll be very special if they can better my Origin B2-01.

I'm with you on the wedges... they are stunning. But will they spin as good as the MD Forged, RTX 2.0, or the SM7.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Having played both Engage and proto wedges that were made by Mike Taylor at Oven/Artisan facility, my opinion is that spin and groove consistency are going to pleasantly surprise consumers. MT and crew are working very hard to provide consistent tolerances not normally available to consumers.

Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Tour Edge Exotics cbx 16.5* Aldila RIP beta 80s 

Titleist 818h1 19* (a2 surefit) Fujikura Motore TS hb 8.8
Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
Vokey sm8 raw S 54* s400
Vokey sm8 raw M 60* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

For a starting price of $875 I'd expecf a better fit/finish than the strange gapping on the cavity insert.

Higher gap on bottom left side of cavity than on right side. And the corners don't match well either.

They should take that pic down then if it's not indicative of current product quality because that isn't gonna cut it for $875 for most people. The angle of the newer pic doesn't make it possible to verify the problem is fixed to be honest. I've seen it.

2nd off. What you are looking at is a prototype. Collectors pay MORE for flaws and oddities like this. Double stamps , finish irregularities. One offs etc. instead of picking nits maybe just enjoy that one of the most talented builders in the game is working again. And working on reasonably priced items that can be custom built to your wants. ��

Except these aren't custom putters. They are stock putters that start at 875.

$875 really isn't a lot of money

Not a lot for a car. A ton if it’s a chocolate bar.

It’s all relative. People aren’t used to paying $875 for a putter. It’s almost three times more than a premium Scotty.

Sir, a premium Scotty is $2,500 to 5,000, so to your point it's all relative. Dare I say $875 is relatively cheap compared to a premium Scotty? I bet you could trick out a Toulon in the garage to the point where after taxes and shipping it would cost around the $875 range. The very best stuff in golf is expensive, we all know this. No need to make a big deal about. In fact for someone who has been making Tiger Woods clubs for years to offer a Putter to the public for less than 1k is an amazing deal. Master craftsmanship comes at a price and hopefully it pays for itself at the end of the day

Not a lot for a car. A ton if it's a chocolate bar.

It's all relative. People aren't used to paying $875 for a putter. It's almost three times more than a premium Scotty.

Sir, a premium Scotty is $2,500 to 5,000, so to your point it's all relative. Dare I say $875 is relatively cheap compared to a premium Scotty? I bet you could trick out a Toulon in the garage to the point where after taxes and shipping it would cost around the $875 range. The very best stuff in golf is expensive, we all know this. No need to make a big deal about. In fact for someone who has been making Tiger Woods clubs for years to offer a Putter to the public for less than 1k is an amazing deal. Master craftsmanship comes at a price and hopefully it pays for itself at the end of the day

Got it,, expensive = best....

Not a lot for a car. A ton if it's a chocolate bar.

It's all relative. People aren't used to paying $875 for a putter. It's almost three times more than a premium Scotty.

Got it,, expensive = best....

expensive = where supply and demand come together.