APPLY: Aldila Synergy Blue Testing! 5 Members Wanted. Apply here.

ABOUT THE ALDILA SYNERGY BLUE:

Tour pros, especially with high swing speeds, often look to use the most stable shafts in their drivers to maximize performance off the tee. Thus, shaft manufacturers look to build shafts out of the strongest materials possible to produce that stability.

In its next-generation shafts called “Synergy” Aldila is using a material called graphene. The company says that graphene is 20 times stronger than carbon fiber, which is commonly used in driver shafts.

Synergy is the next generation brand featuring graphene. Graphene is a pure form of carbon. It’s 20x stronger than carbon fiber strands.

HOW TO APPLY:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• What’s in your current bag?
  • What is your current handicap?
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

SELECTION PROCESS:

ALDILA and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select testers after the application thread is closed.

*** NOTE THAT PRESENTLY ONLY 60g/70g/80g TX FLEX ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS TEST ***

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What’s in your current bag? - TM 2017 M1 460 9.5* Driver, TM M2 3HL 16.5*, TM P790 3iron, Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Mizuno Wedges (50/54/58)

• What is your current handicap? - 4.9

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Morristown, NJ

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - My Taylormade M1 460 9.5* driver.

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes, absolutely.

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - Stiff flex, 60 gram shaft

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). - Just a TM M1/M2 adapter

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - I would take this shaft along with my current gamer (Matrix Ozik Black Tie) and a couple of other shafts I have laying around (Graffaloy Prolaunch, UST V2, etc.) to a launch monitor and hit 5-10 balls with each shaft and evaluate which shaft gave me the most optimal #s. I would also like to try and take it out to a course (weather permitting obviously, it is winter here in NJ but I might be able to take a trip to a warmer climate) to see what the actual ball flight looks like on the course.

Thanks for providing us with this opportunity!

i have one -- just wanted to say good luck to everyone who enters!!!!!

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

[*]What’s in your current bag?

Ping G400

[*]What is your current handicap?

+0.1

[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?

Ping G400 LS, 12*

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

Yep!

[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

60tx

[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter

Standard Oem tipping, ping adaptor, ideally playing length of 44.5”.

[*]Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

Play 2 rounds on top of the line sim every week, ballspeed numbers especially are extremely accurate. Hit on flightscope Xi twice a week as well working on things. Outdoor testing would be on hold until spring except for 1-2 trips south, would be more numbers feedback. I have 6-8 other shafts to compare against at any given time and have access to site of golfwrx gear trials for more number based testing.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Driver - Ping G400 LST,

HCP is +1.4

Local - Baltimore, MD

Driver going in - Ping G400 LST 8.5

yes i will participate and update, high res photos, ect...

70TX

Tipping - Not sure but currently playing Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX tipped 1/2"

Adapter - Ping

Testing will be on course against what i have, and most likely on a launch monitor to compare launch, spin, ect... Ultimately on course is the end all be all for me.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• What’s in your current bag? G400 LST 10* w/ VA Raijin Black Proto 65X or Taylormade M2 9.8 Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX

• What is your current handicap? 7

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Ashland, OH, USA

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G400 LST 10*

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. As always, I would love to. I have now found a semi local access to trackman, and provide tons of photos and detailed on course, on range, and LM data.

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70TX

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No Tipping, Playing length of 46.25" (room to test, and make tipping adjustments as necessary) I play at 45.25". Ping G400 adapter installed logo down at Neutral setting.

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - First thing is always the range. We have a range that uses real balls, and like to just get an idea of ball flight outside before anything else. Making adjustmets to the adapter to find the desired flight window. Then its off to the course where I know all my usual spots, landmarks and typical flight for the holes throughout as I grew up on this course. Note any likes, dislikes, carry spots, rollout differences. Back to the range for any needed adjustments. Then either butt cut the shaft to my playing length, or tip trim to "dial" it in. I am a high spin guy by nature so this is the shaft I have been drooling over. After adjustments made, repeat the same process trying to fine tune it with added headweight, adjustments, etc until I get comfortable. Once I feel good about what I am seeing, heading to the trackman to get an idea of how what I see is comparing to the numbers on the LM. I use the LM as a tool, but ideal numbers are not what I am chasing. I care about 1 thing and that is performance on the course. If the numbers are good, it's just a way to quantify what I already know based on what I see with my eyes. It also helps to translate what I see to the members on the board having concrete evidence. If it's good, sure I can say that, but if the numbers others can see can back up what I am saying, there is more relatability to the audience. So............PICK ME PLEASE!

What’s in your current bag?

Epic Sub Zero 10.5 - Rogue Black 60S

Nike Vapor Fly 3 & 5 Woods - Rogue Black 70S

Nike Covert Forged 4-AW - KBS Tour S

Nike VR Forged 56

Nike Engage Toe Sweep 60

Nike B2-05 Origin Putter

What is your current handicap?

Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Hoboken, NJ

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?

Epic or Epic Sub Zero 10.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

I'd be honored to participate.

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

60S if it becomes available, if not 60TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

Callaway Epic dual Cog adapter

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft.

I'd spend significant time at the range comparing this shaft to my current gamer. I usually continue playing in the cold NE all winter so I'd provide comparison results on course. I keep track of all my stats while playing so I could provide a comparison with regards to fairways hit vs my old shaft.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero Triple Diamond - Aldila DVS 70S
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Project X Evenflow Blue 75
Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW Irons
Nike Engage 50, 56, & 60 Wedges
Nike Origin B2-05 Putter

• What’s in your current bag? Adams CB3 irons, RTX3 wedges, Epic SZ driver TEE 3W, Adams 3h, Kingston putter
  • What is your current handicap? 9.7
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Memphis, TN, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callway Epic SZ 9.0
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Of course
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, Callaway Optifit adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft: I would like to get my fitter involved and test the Synergy Blue against some of the other top shafts on his Trackman. I have a Speeder Evo2 661X and a Rogue 70X to test it against currently plus whatever my fitter can help with.

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400, Callaway 816 fw, Titleist 716 3iTMB 4-PW AP2, SM6 50-54-60
  • What is your current handicap? 6.1
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Detroit, MI
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G400 10.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. ​I Promise to be 100% available and provide in-depth review with pictures.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, Ping Adapter for G400
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft: I would like to get on a trackman (which I have access to) and test this against the other shafts I have and see how this performs and understand where it stands out. I would also like to see how this shaft feels in this set up. I would plan to spend a lot of time at the range and see number/ball flight, as well as on the course testing.
  • Thanks for the opportunity!!!

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

What’s in your current bag? M1 2016 with Tensei Orange V2 and Synergy Proto(non-graphene)

What is your current handicap? 9.3

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Auburn, Al

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Taylormade M1 10.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. YES

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). .5" playing to 45" with a M1 adapter

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. If I were chosen then I would start off the review on flight scope to get the correct settings dialed in and post comparison snapshots of numbers with my other shafts. Then, I would take it straight to the course on a couple of different courses I play a lot so I know my landing spots and where my ball should be off the tee for comparison. I'll conclude with more flight scope time and course time and relay all of the information and feels to the GolfWRX community.

Tsr 3 9*

Epic Flash SZ 15*

Covert 19*

716 MB 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

TP5x

Callaway EpicSub Zero 9* loft, Fujikura Atmos Black 60s. Cobra F7 3/4 @ 14.5* Fujikura Pro. Nike Covert Forged 2.0, Nippon 950s. Callaway MD3 56* & 60*. Odyssey O Works Black 7s

Rome, GA USA

Callaway EpicSub Zero 9* loft, Fujikura Atmos Black 60s

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft?

Absolutely, I will do everything I can to give an accurate representation and review of the shaft.

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

60TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable)

Untipped w/ Callaway Epic adapter

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

I have access to a local Trackman unit. I can test this shaft up against my current premium shaft and report back accurate spin numbers from each to give a sense of performance gains with high quality golf balls. The facility has heated bays so I will be able to stay away from the elements and report back findings where some may be bogged down due to weather concerns. I would of course take plenty of high resolution photos and add in anecdotal data of feel, aesthetics, bag appeal to other players, etc. as well as a review with concrete data involved.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

-TM M1 440, Tensei Pro Orange 60TX

-TM M1 3w, Tensei Pro White 70TX

-TM M1 5w, White Tie

-816 H2 21*, Hzrdus 85 6.5

-716 T-MB 4i, AP2 5-PW, X100 AMT

-SM6 52-58

-Works 2 Ball

-Bentonville, AR, US

-Taylormade ‘17 M1 440 9.5*

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

-Definitely

-60 TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

-TM aluminum tip, no tipping, to play at 45.5” to allow for tipping (typically play 45”), logo down in standard setting

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

-I would start on the range to get a feel for the shaft and ensure the driver settings fit. After the launch conditions look right, I like to test on course first. Usually a full round with a new driver/shaft, then on course comparisons between the new shaft and current gamer. After that I would go inside for GC2 testing. Hit both and get numbers for neutral settings and adjusted settings for both shafts. I also have a Kuro Kage DC XT 60TX to compare against.

SIM 10.5, Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
TS2 15, Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
818 H2 19, Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
718 AP3 4-5, PZ LZ 6.5
718 AP2 6-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 
Odyssey 2 Ball 10S

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400 8.5 LST. Kuro Kage DC TX70, tipped 1/2"
  • What is your current handicap? 2.7
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Franconia Pa.
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G400
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yup! Love to.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70g tx
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 1/2"
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. On the course as always. I'll get numbers from the launch monitor but how it performs outdoors is all that matters.

I'd love to test this one. Thanks!

• What’s in your current bag? Driver XR-16 PRO 10.5 Stock Fuji Evo II 665 TS S-Flex 45"
  • What is your current handicap? 8.0
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Longmont, Co
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 65-70gm S-Flex but can swing a X-FLex.
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). If choosen I would like the shaft tipped .5" with a S-Flex
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. Range: Using same head and on course comparison alternating Nine holes. I play on a 9 hole course so I can make the turn and use the different shaft to see in real time the differance.

• What’s in your current bag: Cleveland Classic 290 7.5* (alternate with Adams Launch Lab 8.0), TEE XC6 13*, Mizuno MP650 Hybrid, Taylormade MC 4-PW, Wilson FG TOUR TC wedges, Odyssey putter
  • What is your current handicap? 0
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Santa Clara, Ca, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Adams Launch Lab 8.0*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. YES OF COURSE
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex: 70 TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions: Unsure as I play UST MAMIYA Tour Green 75X tipped 1" in a glued head. if the tip is as stiff as it says maybe no tipping?
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft: I would do this as any broke golfer would: I would first test the driver in its current state get on a simulator or launch monitor notate numbers. I would then take it to the range and notate things like trajectory, misses, what the ball seems to be doing to the eye. also play it a few rounds to see where good drives go and where bad drives go. I would repeat the same steps once swapping in the new shaft using the same simulator, hitting at the same stall at the same range and playing the same course. while the test may have too many outliers not being able to test at the same time due to having a glued head. if the shaft is truly special.... the numbers won't lie and actual game play should show a noticeable difference

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Ping G400Lst; cobra utility, adams mb2

Scratch

Tulsa, Ok

G400Lst

Absolutely agree it participate in testing.

80TXtipped 1” Ping adapter

On course and trackman against kk dc 70tx and pro orange 70tx.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

TM M1 2017 9.5 Fujikura Pro 73x 44.25"

TITLEIST 915 D4 TENSEI WHITE 45"

TITLEIST 915F Rogue Black 70s

TITLEIST 816H 19* Rogue Black 85H2 s

TITLEIST 916 CB 4-6 N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s

TITLEIST 916 MB 7-9 N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 s

VOKEY SM6 Black 4608M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

VOKEY SM6 Black 5208M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

VOKEY SM6 Black 5608M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

VOKEY SM6 Black 6008M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

Cameron & Crown Newport

ProV1x

• What is your current handicap?
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
  • Flemington, NJ. USA
  • Titleist
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
  • Yes and yes.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
  • 60TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
    None

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft.
  • On course and on trackman.

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

• What’s in your current bag? TM M2 Tour issue (2016) Tensei TX V3 - Aeroburner Mini TP 14* - Epic Heavenwood Rogue Max 85X - TM P790 5-6 - TM P750 7-PW
  • What is your current handicap? 6
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Springfield, Illinois USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Tour Issue M2 (2016)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. For Sure!
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 or 65 TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). TM
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - Side by side comparison with my Tensei 60 TX V3 and Black Mamba. I would provide both on course comparisons as well as TrackMan data.

Thanks!

• What’s in your current bag? -
    • 2016 TM M1 460 - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60 X
    • 2016 TM M2 3HL Fairway wood - Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5
    • 2017 TM M2 19* Hybrid - Kuro Kage TiNi
    • Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW - Modus 120
    • Vokey 50 - 54 - 58
    • Byron Morgan DH89

[*]What is your current handicap?

[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

• North Brunswick, NJ, USA

[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?

• 2016 Taylormade M1 460 9.5*

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

• Yes, I love taking photos and would be more than happy to answer questions, give my thoughts, and experience

[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

• 60g TX

[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

• No tipping, TM adapter

[*]Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

• I would test compared to the other wealth of shafts I have amassed over the years of WRX'ing ( :taunt: ) as well as data from a simulator. Feel is very important to me, so I would bring a playing approach to the test, how the shaft reacts on the course. As someone who is not a scratch golfer but has a high swing speed, I would provide a perspective that many golfers share: the avid golfer who is trying to improve and likes to tinker with equipment.

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway 816DBD w/Aldila XTorsion Green, Callaway XR Steelhead 4w, SLDR 5HL, Srixon 745 irons, Cleveland RTX wedges, Cameron longneck putter
  • What is your current handicap? 5
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Villa Park, IL USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway 816 DBD, 10.5*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Absolutely
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? Either 60TX or 70TX depending on availability, 70TX would be better to compare directly with my XTorsion
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Depends on shaft strength, but generally untipped, standard Callaway dual cog adaptor
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. I'd test this shaft indoors on a launch monitor, and (if possible) outdoors side by side against my XTorsion Green shaft, comparing and contrasting the differences.

Thanks for the opportunity!

• What’s in your current bag? Ping G400 10* LST w/ Aldila Tour Green 65 X Flex
  • What is your current handicap? 0 to +1
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Highlands, NC
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G400 10* LST
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes, absolutely
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60g TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Play at 44 3/4" with G400 tip
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft I would compare it first against my current set up on Flightscope outdoors and indoors, then take it out to the course and see how it performs/feels by trying to work different shot shapes. I would also have a friend or two (both PGA Professionals) try it and see how they like it as well and get their thoughts.

• What’s in your current bag? Taylormade M1 9.5*, Tensei Pro Orange V3 60X Tipped 1/2"
  • What is your current handicap? +1
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? San Diego, CA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Taylormade M1 9.5*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60g TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Playing length of 45" with TM Adaptor installed
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft: I would compare with my current setup as well as several other shafts that I have (Tour AD DI 6X, Tour AD TP 6X, Fujikura Atmos Black 6X) on both a Trackman indoors and out to get a baseline on numbers. Then take it to the course and compare it against the shafts listed to do a more subjective comparison looking at feel and overall thoughts on how it compares to other shafts.

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic SZ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue I/O 60X, Epic SZ 15* FW, Apex 18* hybrid, Apex/Apex Pro Combo irons 4-P, MD3 GW/SW/LW, EVNROLL ER2
  • What is your current handicap? Zero
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Niceville, FL
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway Epic SZ
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes, of course.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Callaway Dual Cog adapter, no tip trimming required.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

I will be glad to share on-course impressions of playability and performance the shaft makes over as many rounds as I can play with it installed, and will be able to provide TrackMan data outdoors with real golf balls hit out on course as well.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Very interested in this particular shaft since I've been following/invested in graphene developments and usage over the past 3-4 years

• What’s in your current bag? 2016 M2 10.5* with Graphite Design AD TP 6X, or, a Tensei Orange 70X.
  • What is your current handicap? 3.5
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Chicago, IL, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TM 2016 M2 10.5* or Cobra F8+ 10*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Absolutely. I'll gladly participate and provide as much information/feedback as possible. I would gladly answer questions from any other WRX'r as well.
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). N/A (stock/recommended tipping is fine)...TaylorMade adapter preferred
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft I have access to GC2, GCQuad and a SkyTrak. I also have very easy access to outdoor driving ranges and practice areas. As far as driver shafts, I can personally test this against Graphite Design AD TP, Graphite Design AD DI, Tensei Orange, Tensei Blue and Tensei White. I can provide LM data, outdoor visual feedback and thoughts, photos, videos, etc. I can also get quality feedback from several friends with 100-115 mph swing speeds without any issue. After doing my own research on this shaft I would really, really like the opportunity to give this a try.

• What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915 D2 10.5 Fujikura Pro
  • What is your current handicap? 8
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Twin City, GA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titleist 915 D2
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60tx
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Titleist Tip no tipping.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft Would compare on course and on range to my other Fujikura Pro shaft as well as a Rogue and an NV. I also have 2 playing companions that also swing Titleist drivers and would have them also compare their thoughts on the shaft as compared with others.

• What’s in your current bag?

DRIVER: '17 TaylorMade M2 9.5°– Fujikura ATMOS Blue 7X

3 WOOD: TaylorMade M2 Tour 15°– Fujikura ATMOS Blue 8X

5 WOOD: Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5° - Aldila Tour Green 95 X-Stiff

3 IRON: Callaway Apex UT 21° - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff

IRONS: (4-P): Cobra King Pro - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff

WEDGES: Scor 4161 52° + Vokey Low Bounce K 58° - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff

PUTTER: Odyssey Versa Rossie

• What is your current handicap? - 2.3
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Wilmington, NC
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - Tour Issue 2017 TaylorMade M2
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes, of course.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - 70TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). - No Tipping installed with a TM M1/M2 one tic mark delofted
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - On course and launch monitor testing against current gamer and other available low launch shafts.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

• What’s in your current bag? 917 D3 9.5. Kuro Kage dual core 70TX prototype. untipped.
  • What is your current handicap? 2.3
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Columbus, Oh
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? 917 D3 9.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.....Of course.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70tx
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). no tipping. 917 titleist. shaft logo and "3" setting facing down preferably.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. Direct comparison to Kage on range, on course, and on launch monitor at my local shop.

I've always battled spin with my driver. The Kage on my titleist is the first Driver I've been able to get below 3000 revs. with any regularity.

I would love to try the new apparent "low spin leader" according to a few threads on this site.

• What's in your current bag? TaylorMade M2 10.5 2017 Driver Aldila Tour Blue 75X See Signature for the rest
  • What is your current handicap? 1.1
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Glenshaw PA USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TM M2 2017 10.5 and possibly TM M4
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes!
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70 TX @ 44.25in playing length.
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Tipping of .5 with TM Adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. Testing will occur indoor and outdoor on my FlightScope vs my gamer shaft plus some other shafts including DI 7, KK XM, Fuji Platinum, and Mistsubishi BF. Weather permitting an on course test

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

What’s in your current bag? - Ping G LST 10.5*, Ping G 3W, Ping G Hybrid, iBlades 4-P, Glide 50, 54, 58

• What is your current handicap? - 3.3

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Fredericksburg, VA

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - Ping, G LST, 10.5*, playing length 44.5"

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes, absolutely.

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - TX Flex, 60 gram shaft

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). - Ping G Series Adapter, tipped 1"

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - I would compare it to my gamer and other shafts I have (stock Ping Alta, Diamana WB D+ 72x and Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60TX), I will take both shafts to the range hit 10 balls each for a few iterations to see what the differences are with the eye test, then take it to the course for some on-course testing, finally, I have access to a GC2 so I will be able to use both indoors for testing and have actual/real data.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

• What’s in your current bag? TaylorMade M2 2017 Driver MRC Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
  • What is your current handicap? 2.8
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Ellicott City, MD, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? 17' TM M2 9.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes!
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70 TX @ 44.75" Playing Length
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 1/2" tipping TM 2 degree Adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. Testing will occur at my home course and range with the use of launch monitors. Always eager to try new driver shafts to the test against each other. Interested to see the results vs GD Tour AD TP 7TX, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 70TX, Fuji Pro TourSpec 73X.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X