APPLY: Aldila Synergy Blue Testing! 5 Members Wanted. Apply here.

Taylormade M2 9.5* with Fujikura Pro 73 X.

+0.2 hcp

Augusta, GA.

Will be installed in Driver above

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? YES

Desired driver shaft weight and flex: 70 TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Tipped 1 inch with TM sleeve.

I would begin on range outdoors to get s feel for shaft and ball flight. Compare with current shaft. Then take it to the launch monitor and make tweaks to get best numbers. Compare all of these numbers, feel, other shaft aspects in a standardized report.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What’s in your current bag? - Callaway Epic 9.5* Driver, Callaway Epic fairway 13.5*, Callaway Epic Hybrid 19 *, Srixon Z565 5-AW, Callaway MD3 Wedges (54/58/60), Odyssey O works Tank #1 putter

• What is your current handicap? - 5.9

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Manti, UT

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - Callaway Epic 9.5* driver.

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes, absolutely.

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - Stiff flex, 60 gram shaft

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). -Callaway driver adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - I would take this shaft along with my shaft (Rogue Max 65) to a launch monitor and hit 5-10 balls with each shaft and evaluate which shaft gave me the most optimal #s. I would also like to try and take it out to a course (weather permitting, in the winter I golf in St. George, UT) to see what the actual ball flight looks like on the course. But mostly I'm very interested in the feel of Graphene. I play a lot of tennis and my new tennis racquets by Head, are made from Graphene and I love the way they feel. So I'm interested to see if the same will apply to a golf shaft.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic SZ 10.5 w/ Graphite Design AD TP 6X

What is your current handicap? 3.2

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Moorhead, MN USA

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway Epic SZ 10.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?  We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Definitely!!!

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, Callaway adapter

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

Since the snow is flying there will not be any outdoor testing until spring time. But, I will spend a good amount of time playing in a simulator league. It is fairly accurate on launch and carry. I doubt it's spin numbers though. I am willing to book a few hours on that too to get a decent data set to compare ball speed, launch angle, and accuracy. I am also willing to beg the local Austad's to let me rent their launch monitor. They are slow in the winter so I don't imagine it will be a major issue.

I realize that being in the Midwest isn't conducive to testing golf equipment in the winter months, and that alone may disqualify me from participating. But, if selected, I'll do my best to get meaningful data to the community.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

• What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915 D3 with Fuji Speeder 765 Evolution II X
  • What is your current handicap? 3
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Fort Collins, Co, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titleist 915 D3 9.5 Degrees
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Surely
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70 gram extra stiff
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Titleist 915 adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - This shaft would be tested against two driver shafts that I currently have set up in my driver (Fuji Speeder and an Aldila Tour Green).
  • The testing would be conducted in three areas:
    • 1. Hit 15 balls with each shaft on a launch monitor and put together a chart for each shaft's performance. Critical factors like spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, distance, accuracy, etc. would be documented on a spread sheet. Outliers would be discarded.
    • 2. Conduct the same testing on the driving range. If possible, include launch monitoring data. Be sure to sort through the range balls to get a valid comparison for each shaft. Execute this testing on multiple days taking in consideration for conditions such as wind and temperature. Also take videos showing impact with my high speed camera.
    • 3. Take the three shafts out on the course on a quiet day and hit drivers on each hole with each shaft. Use a set of new Titleist golf balls for each shot to ensure the ball is not a factor. Document the difference between each shaft on each hole. Discard outliers.

Document all of these results in a neatly organized document that can be easily digested by an interested golfer.

• What’s in your current bag? -
    PING G400, PING i25, Glide 2.0

• What is your current handicap? - 2.1

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - San Antonio, TX

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - PING G400 LST 10

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes, absolutely.

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - 60TX or 70TX, whichever closest to 70 grams

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). - No tipping, PING adapter, 45 inches

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - I would take this shaft along with my current gamer (Aldila Copperhead 70TX) and a couple of other shafts I have laying around (Matrix, Tensei) to a launch monitor and hit 5-10 balls with each shaft and evaluate which shaft gave me the most optimal #s. I will also take it out to a course to see what the actual ball flight looks like on the course.

Thanks!

---
What’s in your current bag?
- TaylorMade r9 8.5 SuperDeep w/ Aldila RIP80x ||| Taylormade r11 15.5 w/ Aldila RIP70x (Both soon to be replaced- fitting next Friday) ||| Mizuno MP18 SC 3-iron bent 2 degrees strong to = 2-iron; KBS Tour130x ||| Mizuno MP18 MB 3-PW; KBS Tour 130x ||| Hopkins 52 and 58 w/ KBS Tour ||| Cameron Laguna 1.5

Currently between 113-115 and 172.23 average on ball speed. Just started with a trainer in the TPI program to get that back to the 118+ range.

---
What is your current handicap?

---
Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
- Redmond, WA

---
What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
- Depending on fitting this Friday... M1 440, 917 D3, or Epic SubZ

---
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
- YES, OF COURSE! Videos as well so that you can see how my swing loads/unloads to help with comparison.

---
Desired
weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? -
X or TX 70 or 80

---
Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
Probably an inch off the 70, 1/2" off the 80... again, dependent on fitting Friday.

---
Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft -
I currently have on the tour Proto Synergy's. Once I go through a fitting on Friday (TrackMan, video, all the fun stuff)... then I will have an idea of what head I want. When that happens, I will be able to put an adapter on the Synergy I have now and go back to use the TrackMan and compare to the other shafts I am looking at (KuroKage, Atmos Tour Spec, CK Pro are the main three I am testing).

I would plan to combine numerous sessions of TrackMan (luckily I have 2 locations that are indoor with TrackMan & Video within 10 miles) so that there is a better idea of overall statistics over the course of many different days. I would save all the raw data and compile to a spreadsheet for better analysis. All the data would be separated between this new shaft, and the other 2 or 3 I have (I also have 2 Black MAMBAs (70 and 80 TX) that would be used for comparison). Depending on Friday... I may have another shaft to compare to as well if I like one of the others enough. Beyond TrackMan, I would plan to go play several rounds and document how each shaft performs (video of on course swings as well as weather, course condition, etc).

I would then work with my pro to have a few range sessions outdoors with the TrackMan and document the findings as well. And… whatever else you want me to do to put this shaft through the paces.

FINGERS CROSSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
Scotty Laguna 1.5

• What’s in your current bag? currently playing my back up bag more.... driver: Cobra Fly Z+ Grafalloy Blue 75X 3w: TM 17 M1 16* Diamana Thump 75X H: Adams 9031 20* TM Aldila Tour 105X Irons: Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300 Wedges: Cobra Tour Trusty 52/60 King 56 all have DG S200 putter: Odyssey 1w 34in
  • What is your current handicap? 20
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Tucson, Arizona
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? I have an 16 M2 head and a Callaway 16 XR Pro on the way, will be using it in either of these
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. YUP
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70X
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). I'd prefer the TM adapter and prefer tipping to TM standards for the 16 M2
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. I plan to test against my current favorite shaft the Aldila Rogue Silver 70x. test for dispersion and distance, but also want to see which one I can really go at it with without losing control or direction of shot.

What’s in your current bag:

• Taylormade M2 Driver w/ KuroKage XT 70TX, Ping G400 3-wood w/ Handcrafted Hzrdus Black 85X, Taylormade P-730 4-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100, Titleist SM6 50/55/60 w/ DG Tour Issue S400, Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back

• + 1.1

• Billings, Montana USA

• Taylormade M2 8.5*

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

• Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX

• No Tipping Needed

• I have ongoing access to a GC Quad launch monitor, as well as extensive experience and knowledge testing and playing the top shafts on the market (Graphite Design AD Series, KuroKage XT, Tensei CK Pro White/Orange/Blue, Atmos Black/Blue, Copperhead, etc.). As a consistent driver of the ball, I can give accurate details and statistics as to how these shafts perform vs. the other top notch shafts out there.

• What’s in your current bag?

G400 10.5* - Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI 70TX

G25 3w 15* - Grafalloy Tour x

SLDR 19* hyb - VA Rajin hybrid shaft

Adams A12 pro - KBS tour 130 X

Vokey SM6 56* and 60* - S400

Cameron Select Newport 2 - 34"

• What is your current handicap?

+3.1

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Simpsonville, SC, USA

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?

Ping G400 10.5*

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

Yes

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

70TX

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

G400 adapter tipped 1" for 45" playing length

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

I have access to trackman and am able to play 3-4 times a week even in the winter here in SC. I'd be comparing it to the Aldila rogue silver which I've been gaming since Sept. in real world on course testing. Does it play better than the current gamer? Does it find more fairways? Is it more forgiving? To me I'm more interested in if it'll help lower my scores than if it spins less or does it really go 5-10 extra yards. Those kinds of question may be important to some, but if it doesn't help my game then there's no reason to play it.

Thanks for providing us with this opportunity!

• What’s in your current bag? - Titleist D2, F3, H1, Ap2 716 4-PW irons, Vokey Wedges (50 & 54) & Scotty Cameron Newport
    • What is your current handicap? - 15

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - Titleist D2 10.5 loft

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes!

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - Stiff flex, 80 gram shaft

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). - Titleist D2 adapter

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - I would love to test it on a trackman simulator indoor and outdoor with a total of 5 shots each with my current standard shaft(s)

• What’s in your current bag? Callway Epic driver with Tour AD BB 6S, Callaway Apex 2 and 3 hybrid with KuroKage Tini shaft, Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-G with Project X LZ5.5, Callaway MackDaddy 3 wedges in 50 and 56, Scotty Cameron Del Mar
  • What is your current handicap? 15.9
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? San Francisco, CA USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway Epic 10.5*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60G TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Callaway epic tip butt trimmed to be 44" in length.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. I will be using my Mevo launch monitor to sort out distance and spin numbers along with playing some courses to see how it would do in game.

• What’s in your current bag? TM 2016 M2 with 60 s AD DI, Titleist 714 cbs 5(pw), TM UDI 3 and 4
  • What is your current handicap? 8
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? St. Charles, IL
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TM 2016 M2 9.5 degree
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. yep and I am a photographer, so could provide well lit RAW files.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60x or 60s
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). tipped 1/2"
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. I have a skytrak and would compare it with my current AD DI as well as a Project X black 6.0...I am looking at buying a couple other drivers shafts for testing this winter as well.

• What’s in your current bag?

Ping G400 LST 10* - HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5

TBD

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW - Project X LZ 6.5

Mizuno Fourteen RM-22 Tour Raw - 52.08, 56.12, 60.10 - DG TI Onyx S400

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

• What is your current handicap?

• Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

Alexandria, VA, USA

• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?

Ping G400 LST

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

Absolutely

• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

60TX

• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

Tip 1/2", Ping G400 adapter, Logo down in the small "-" position

• Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft

Testing would be conducted through practice sessions, on course play and Trackman vs my current gamer, HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5. On course results are more important to me than the raw numbers, but it's great to have both. I have also gamed/tested many of the more popular shafts currently in the market (Tensei CK Pro Blue, Pro White, Pro Orange (v2 & v3), KK DC XT, many of the Tour AD series, Fuji Speeder and Pro TS series, etc.) so that I can give relevant comparisons for other members.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

What’s in your current bag? 2017 Taylormade M1 440 9.5 UST Elements T7F5W, 2017 Tour Issue M1 15 UST Elements 8F5T, 816 H2 21 Matrix Ozik Altus Black Tie

718 T-MB 3-4 DGTI X100, 718 AP2 5-9 DGTI X 100, SM6 46 F, 52 F, 56 S and 60K w/ DGTI Black Onyx, TM DJ Spider Tour

What is your current handicap? 4.1

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Pasadena California USA

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? 2017 TM 440 9.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes of course I can provide high quality pics and detailed review of the shaft

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70 gram TX flex

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 1/2 tipping with TM Adapter installed. If also installing grip would like Golf Pride tour velvet Round 58 with 4 wraps

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - I would do what I typically do with any shaft that I test to put into play. I take it to my club fitter where I can hit on trackman and get comparison numbers for all shafts tested including gamer. Then I also have a few range sessions with my desired shafts to see how they compare in outdoor range. Then I take to the course hitting shots with each shaft for real world testing (this is usally 18-36 holes of multiple shafts testing in real play) then have a few rounds with the select shaft to see ball flight, roll and feel in game conditions without trying to compare to other shafts. This will give me an overall feel if I want to put this in play as a gamer or if I need to move on to other shafts on the market. I don't switch shafts very often but I am always open to trying something new when my fitter gives me a ring about a new release that could provide better accuracy and distance

Corba Aerojet LS 9 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 60X 
Taylormade Stealth Plus 15 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 70X

Taylormade Stealth2  3 Rescue 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X Velocore
Titleist T200 4 DGTI X100
T100S 5-PW DGTI X100
SM9 50F DGTI, SM9 54D DGTI, SM7 60D DGTI

EVNROLL EV5.1B - Mid Slant Hosel 34 

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select GoLo 34

L.A.B. DF3 Dodger Blue 35/70 Heavy (On its way!!)

Really cool opportunity, thanks WRX and Aldila for the chance!

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway 2016 GBB 9* (Aldila Rogue Silver Rip I/o 60x)
  • What is your current handicap? +1
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Las Vegas, NV, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway 2016 GBB 9*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Absolutely I do
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable) Callaway adapter, 45" playing length, no tipping
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft I have a launch monitor, so I would use it to extensively compare numbers against my current gamer, then take both to the course for further evaluation on feel, playability, trajectory, etc.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

What’s in your current bag? TM M2 8.5 ad GP 6x, M2 16.5 HL AD GP 7x, Apex 18 KK Silver 90TX, TM 790 3-PW Modus Tour 105x, TM ATV 54, 58 KBS TOUR Black Nickel, Bullseye Putter

What is your current handicap? 2

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? - Austin, TX

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? - TM M2 8.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes.

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - Stiff flex, 60 gram shaft

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). TM M1/M2 adapter

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - Testing will occur at my home course and range with the use of launch monitors. Interested to see the the results and comparison with my current Gamer AD GPx.

Thanks for providing us with this opportunity!

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

What’s in your current bag? M2 with xphlexxx Agera

What is your current handicap? 2.3 index

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Fitchburg, MA. USA

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? 2016 Taylor made M2. 9.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?  We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes. I will take on-course photos, launch monitor comparisons, and provide a thorough review.

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Tipped 1/2" and TM adapter.

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. I would rotate this shaft and the Agera. The Agera will be very tough to beat, but I figured I could hopefully give an honest review comparing this new shaft. I will get on a GC2 launch monitor to get comparison numbers, and hopefully put the Synergy through it's paces.

• What’s in your current bag? M2 Driver M1 3 wood Vega VDC-01 3-pw and vega wedges.. 009...
  • What is your current handicap? 1.2
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Campobello sc USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? 17 M2 8*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Absolutely
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 80TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 1/2 inch tip trim taylormade M2
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft My approach for testing would be 1st an outdoor trackman session VS the Tour Blue 85TX im hitting now .... then on course where im very familiar with my normal landing spots etc...
  • excited to give this shaft a look.... Thanks for the opportunity Aldila and WRX!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

- Titleist 915 D3 Rogue Silver 60g X-stiff

- M1 3wood x-stiff

- Titleist 915 hybrid 18 and 22 deg Rogue shaft

- Mizuno MP-15 5-PW x-stiff SS1x

- Mizuno 50 deg

- Titleist SM4 54 deg

- Titleist SM5 60 deg

- 7.4 on gamegolf...don't pay to keep a USGA one

- Syracuse, NY

- Titleist 915 D3 9.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

- Yes

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

60g X-stiff

+1/4" in length, Titleist adapter

Golf in the winter here is indoors except for one or two rounds when I travel. This gives me an opportunity to get launch monitor #s on almost every swing I take. I would start by establishing a performance benchmark from my current setup before trading shafts. From there I should be able to identify any performance change (subject to strike) during the rest of the testing. Feel is always subjective so I would try to take notes on what I felt with the shaft vs the current shaft.

Thanks for the opportunity.

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic SubZero 9* Project X HZRDUD Black 6.5 75g
  • What is your current handicap? 6.6
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Berlin, CT, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway Epic SubZero
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Of course!
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 80TX @ 44.5" with adapter
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 1/2" Tipping with Callaway adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft - Having access to a launch monitor I would compare my HZRDUS Black, Diamana Whiteboard and the Aldila synergy. I would hit 10 balls with each, compare the averages from this test. I will also try to get to a course and bring the three shafts with me. Photos and results would be shown along with high res photos of the shafts and testing.

Woods: 917 D3 917F2 915hd 4/21

Irons: PXG 0311t 4-PW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52/58

Putter: 009-M

Ball: ProV1

Marlton, NJ, US (indoor/outdoor facilities available)

Titleist 917 D3 9.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

Yes, including indoor and outdoor data, digital and personal observations

70g-stiff

1/2 inch tip play to 43” Titleist surfeit

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft.

I would test against a few different shafts from other OEM’s both outdoor and indoor on monitor (to have no weather effects, outdoor to get a true feel for real course play) logging data in a multiple shot by shot comparison in real world golf conditions and indoor on trackman. Ex. 5-10 shots per shaft pending sample size.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

• What’s in your current bag? EPIC SZ 9 DEG, TENSEI PO 70 TX
  • What is your current handicap? GHIN 4
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? BATON ROUGE, LA, US
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? CALLAWAY, EPIC SUBZERO, 9 TURNED DOWN TO 8
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. YES!!
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 OR 70 TX, PLAYING LENGTH 45.5"
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). CALLAWAY OPTIFIT, 1/2" TIPPING
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft: Would like to compare to the inventory shafts I already have. KK DC 70TX, PRO ORANGE 70TX, TINI PROTO 70X. I can do extensive range and on-course testing.

What’s in your current bag? Cobra LTD with HZRDUS Black 6.5

What is your current handicap? 4.9

Where are you located (City, State, Country)? San Antonio, TX

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Cobra LTD/ F8+ (already preordered!)

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Me and my new iPhone X are ready for any and all high res pictures and review needs!

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60TX

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, cobra MYFLY8 for LTD adapter if you got it. I have one I can use too.

Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft:

I would approach the testing from 3 phases: on the range with Trackman testing the numbers and hopefully increasing my launch over the HZRDUS. After that I would take it to the course and put it in play for a couple practice rounds. And like I always do, which is counter to most, I always play a new shaft in a tournament. I need to see how it works under pressure, because that’s when I most focused and locked in.

So trackman on the range, 2-3 practice rounds, and at least one tournament then I’ll have my final judgment

• What’s in your current bag? Callaway Epic SZ 9.0 with AD BB 7x
  • What is your current handicap? +1.6
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Clermont, Florida, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway Epic SZ @ 9 degrees
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Absolutely No problems there can take pictures and thoroughly test.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60Tx
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Callaway Epic Adapter, standard tipping
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. I have access to a fitting studio with many of the most popular shafts available to directly test indoors(compare launch and dispersion compared to the other big names, as well as see how it compares outside to my AD BB 7x.

Good luck for all those BIG HITTERS as ALDILA makes some of the best graphite shafts in golf. I play the RIP Tours in my irons and they are amazing. Wish they made this shaft in stiff or regular flex but I guess this new Graphene pure carbon material is being used for all the 120mph SS players who need more stability with only available in 60TX, 70TX and 80TX.

So my question to Aldila would be is this TX flex actually playing as a XX flex? And who is this really being made for in the amateur ranks? Or can this graphene be advantageous for average swing speed players who say have faster tempo swings?

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• Titleist 913 D3 8.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 60X
  • +0.2
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Titleist 913 D3 8.5*
  • I would love to do a review of the shaft with detailed pictures.
  • Depends, the rogue silver 60x was 72g, id like to stay in the low 70g range. so, 70TX
  • standard 45" with titleist surefit adapter and golf pride tour velvet cord grip
  • I would take it to the range and hit some drivers back to back with my current shaft that happens to spin a little more than I like. See what ball speeds I'm getting with my mevo. and then take it out on the course and hit some real balls.

• What’s in your current bag. Callaway epic with Oban purple 65 stiff
  • What is your current handicap? 4
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? sag harbor, new york
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Callaway Epic 10.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. yes, that will not be a problem
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? stiff, around 65 grams
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). no tipping necessary, thanks
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft. i have 7 other driver shafts what are interchangeable with my callaway driver, add the Synergy to the list, take it to the range at my course and then play 36 holes and report back

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

• What’s in your current bag? 9.5 Taylormade m2 w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 TS X.
  • What is your current handicap? 5.3.
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? 9.5 Taylormade m2.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? I will write a novel the size of Infinite Jest and take National Geographic quality photos.
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 TX.
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Left handed Taylormade Adapter :).
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft: It's coming into peak season here in Australia. I would put the shaft through it's paces almost daily, mostly on course. I know my home course well, and have the longest drives there burned into my brain, so can accurately measure how this shaft works in the real world. My club also has a flightscopre, so I can hire some time on that for the number geeks.

Would love to give an insight from ireland if you guys wanna send one across the pond to me :)

Southern Ireland

TM m1 2017 9.5 LH

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread?

Yes 100-%

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

No problem

60 TX

No tipping required

Can give extensive on course review including data from multiple weather conditions :)

Current shaft is speeder 661 evo II x

• What’s in your current bag? 2017 TM M1 460 with Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec X
  • What is your current handicap? +1.5
  • Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Waunakee, WI, USA
  • What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? I'd be installing it in my 2017 TM M1 460 9.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing / review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Absolutely. Photos will be taken on my iPhone 8 Plus, and I love doing product reviews!
  • Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details) I would prefer the 70g TX
  • Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, TM adapter
  • Please explain how you would approach testing this shaft I have two shafts that I use in my current driver, so I would take the Aldila Synergy Blue to the indoor/outdoor range near my house, and hit balls on the launch monitor. In order to get a good cross section of each of the shafts, I would be sure to take my time, and hit about 25-30 shots with each shaft. I think it is really difficult to get accurate numbers on just 5 shots, so I would need a larger sample size. I would go through this process 2-3 times over the period of a week, to get accurate information as to which shaft is the best fit. I would like to take it on the course as well, but it's winter in Wisconsin, but the launch monitor at the range is very accurate, and would give plenty of data.

Thanks for the opportunity!