2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

GIVEAWAY: Titleist Limited Edition Holiday Leather Headcovers. 1 Winner. Enter here!

Great looking headcover. I hope I can get them!

My best shot was at Mohegan Sun #1, two big trees just off the right of fairway, and green is set off to the right as well. Of course I would push my tee shot straight right behind the trees. With pin front right and almost completely invisible and 170 yds away , the situation called for a shot to go under the right half of the first tree, but had to go up quickly and fade around near the top of the 2nd tree, then drop out of the sky like a sack of potato.

This was easily the best 6 iron I have ever hit. The ball never even left my intended flight path and ended up pin high 10 ft away.

Yes I know the safe play was the put the ball short of the green and try to get up and down. But that was a shot that even Phil Mickelson would have been proud of.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy 9th hole from a bad spot that I had to hit under a tree and then over another to get to the green. I pulled it off but landed short of the green. So I hit it sweet but the golf gods wouldn't let me have the complete satisfaction. As far as I was concerned it was still a really nice shot that was 99% perfect in my mind.

Callaway Epic Driver- Atmos Blue 6X
TM2 3 wood - Atmos Red 7X
TM V Steal 5 wood
PXG Gen 2 4-GW
Vokey 54 and 58 k Grind
Slighter Portland Putter
All Clubs with Super Stroke Blue and Yellow Tour Cord

Great giveaway, since my headcovers for my 915F fairway woods are falling apart. Been looking to buy some replacements anyways.

Best shot was a scary downhill 30 foot chip in to save par.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno Pro 225 (4-GW)
Bettinardi H2 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

Best shot of 2017 was in the second round of the club championship (Saturday 36 holes, Sunday 18 holes). After making a bogey save on my 15th hole on Saturday with the final three holes to play of the day, I reset my thinking and sent my drive into the middle of the fairway. With 120 yards left, a fulling gap wedge, i stuck it to 5 feet to go ahead and birdie. This set up a -3 under par in the final three holes of the second round to bring me within reach of the leader going into sundays final round.

Long story short i finished 6th. Couldnt get any putts to fall my way.

Brought my handicap down to a 4 by the end of this summer.

Local club was having a tourney and they moved up one of the tees to the ladies tee for whatever reason. Par 4 was then about 285 to the green. Of course I'm going to go for it! Trees all along the right side on a dogleg right. I smoked my driver, started out to the right into the tree line, but towering way over them. My usual draw started to kick in and the ball stuck on the green leaving me a 20 foot eagle putt. I missed it of course, but always fun to drive a green on a Par 4, even a short one. Birdies are fine with me!

In March, I was playing with my Saturday Golf Guys in Bolivia, NC It was a raw, cold, windy day as I played Egret 3, 520 yard Par 5. Into the wind and uphill, I holed the third shot for Eagle from 165 yards. The best thing was that shot gave me Career Eagles on all 6 of the Par 5's on our 27 hole course!! Played the shot with a Titleist 915 hybrid using a Pro V1X. The headcovers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mmm, hard to choose, not because there were so many memorable ones, but for the opposite reason.

Probably a 3 wood tee shot hit on a short par 4 with fast fairways which I managed to draw round a corner onto the green, leaving an eagle putt which kept a nice round going after the momentum started to wobble.

TM Stealth, 10.5, HZRDUS Red 65 S
Titleist TSi2, 16.5 fairway, Oban Devotion 75, S
Titleist TSi2, 21 utility, Tensei 75, S
Mizuno 923 Forged, KBS $-Taper lite S

Vokey 50, 56, 60, KBS Tour V S
Kronos Metronome

“So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, ‘Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.’ And he says, ‘Oh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.’ So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.....here’s to 2018!?

My best shot from 2017 was my Hole in One on the 3rd Hole at Chambers Bay!! I hit 8 iron from 171yds it landed about 12 ft short of the hole and a few feet right and it rolled right in.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

Since I had an off year, I will defer to my son's best shot of the year, a 100+ yard 50* Vokey SM6 wedge shot at the 17th hole

of Seven Oaks CC in Hamilton, NY (Home of the Colgate golf team) which is a is a gem of one Mr. Robert Trent Jones'. So

what was so great about the shot...he hit it to about 8 feet and made birdie to get into the top 10 of the event and catapulted

the rest of his summer season which culminated to a top finish on our PGA section's junior tour standings. Those headcovers

would sure look great in his bag in 2018. Thanks Titleist and Golfwrx!

Par 5 2nd shot to green 225 (last 30 yds over water) to 5 ft with 816 H2. Was going to lay up till person in group hit one just off the green pin high. Put my 9 iron up and pulled the Hybrid telling my cart partner that I had to do better than other guy.

Also had a 190 yard par 3 lip out with my teaching pro watching, high draw landed 5 feet short and ended up two feet at 9 o’clock.

This summer, Titleist released Limited Edition leather headcovers inspired by the U.S. Open and Open Championship.

You may have noticed a set in your local shop, or on the clubs of Justin Thomas, Rafa Cabrera Bello and other Titleist staffers playing in those majors. Check out the photos below.

To wrap up 2017, Titleist has just released its Limited Edition Holiday headcovers. As you can see from this recent tweet from Tyrone Van Aswegan, it's also the gift that Titleist is sending its tour players this holiday season.

Good news: They've sent us a set to give away to one lucky GolfWRX'er.

TO ENTER

• In a post below, reply to this thread telling us about your best golf shot from 2017.

THE GIVEWAY

One GolfWRX Member chosen at random will win a set of Titleist Limited Edition Holiday Headcovers

• Made from premium, hand selected Pittards® leather
  • Deluxe, 3-panel construction
  • Classically embroidered symbols
  • Laser-etched details for a rich and sophisticated look
  • Proudly produced by Titleist
  • Set includes Driver and Fairway Headcovers

Winners selected at random in 2-3 weeks! Good luck!

Would look great in my bag next my brand new 718's combo of AP1 and AP3.

My best shot was during the Veterans Day Tournament at the CC of Whispering Pines in NC. In the shootout to determine the Service champion, I hit a 70 yd approach shot to under 2ft, tapped in the putt for the victory! GO NAVY Beat Everyone else but especially Army. My Dad who is a Navy Vet also was watching green side so that made it even more special.

Without a doubt, final match of our Mem/Guest... trying to protect our 1 up lead that will give us victory in our flight. After killing my drive on our final hole, a par 5 (caught the slope that took it an extra 40 yards down hill), I only had PW to the hole. The problem was I had an overhanging tree that wouldn't accommodate a shot any higher than about 40 ft. Additionally, I was shooting to pin cut about 5 paces off the front of the green. So instead of hitting a wedge up into the tree, I took out my 8-iron and played a beautiful three quarter shot under the limbs with about 4 yards of cut on it. The shot landed on the front collar, took one big hop and came to a dead stop just a couple feet from the hole! Eagle! to win the hole and close out the flight!! Love it when the execution can match up with the imagination!

[u][b]Old Fart[/b][/u]
[b]Driver [/b]- Epic Sub Zero 9.0
[b]3W [/b]- Epic GBB 15.0
[b]Hybrid [/b]- Titleist 915 17.5
[b]Irons [/b]- Titleist 914 AP2 4-PW
[b]Wedges [/b]- Vokey SM6 50F, 56S (bent to 55), 60L
[b]Putter [/b](ever changing) - Taylormade Spider Tour Black

The BEST golf shot I hit in 2017 was the first shot of the year! I had a very traumatic accident (ruptured both patellar tendons) in 2015 that sidelined me for quite a while. It was not until this year that I was unable to swing a golf club. At first I was like a new born horse, very wobbly on my legs. As the year went on I got stronger. I am not completely back but that first shot felt SO great!!!

Best shot was probably during a 2-man scramble event I played. Shotgun start, and we started on Hole 16. Long par 4, straight into a nasty headwind. Used my playing partner's drive, and played a high ball that held up into the wind perfectly. 7 iron from 140 yards. Floated in with a slight fade and dropped 2 feet behind the pin, and spun back to the lip of the cup.

It was a great way to start off the event, and the team we were playing with got a little shook.

Sweet looking covers!

After a four bogey start to my round trying to maintain composure I came to the 7th hole at Bayonet GC in Monterey, CA. A poor drive right ended in the grass on the bunker facing sitting down and dirty. Trying to not be morally defeated I puilled a 7 iron and hoped for the best. Clanked a knuckler - it faded, drew and faded catching the front right seam of the green and bounded toward the pin. The group ahead reported it climbed the right slope of the green and turned toward the back right portion of the green and straight into the cup for an eagle two. A huge momentum swinger as I then went on to birdie 10, 11, 12, 13 (quite unheard of at the Bayonet) and salvaged a 74 on the day. You just never know in this game!!