GolfWRX Championship

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably won't be for a while. I want this done right...courses reserved, catering, hotels, entertainment. This is going to be a classy event

Well, if it’s classy there goes my invite.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Guess there's always next time...

Eventually they’ll run out of classy people, and then the riffraff will be needed!

Then is when I will fit in---- yep sit me in the riffraff section please

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

I thought I had a problem with custom shoes ... WOW

Also, mine are in the man cave, not on the 3rd floor where we sleep ... you can add gold leafing to that man card sir

We'll go pink or orange Chris

We should get everyone to go to Myrtle Beach

+ 1000 on myrtle. That would be a 100% in for me. Would eliminate any family juggling and work prep id have to do. Selfish I know. Lol.

twin has house down there so I have lodging covered, admitting to bias here

good April weather if we do it while the Masters is on

lots of solid courses and restaurants

I gotta go along with your Bias because I live here full time and my bud August lives up the road in Wilmington NC and we do have a few members from the Classics section down the road In the Charleston SC area

I mean I want it to be a quality well run event. Not something thrown together last minute. Just spitballing but Grand Cypress multiple courses multiple days, with flights to make it competitive for all players.

Obviously doesn't have to be Orlando.

Stay tuned I'm going to make a few calls get a few numbers together and I'll post back when I get them. Please feel free to message ideas or suggestions

The good way to do it would be to look at the PGA Professional National Championship model. Everyone will wanna play on the forum and lottery is not the way to decide a field. Need to be a three year process.

Year 1

Local Qualifiers (8-15 Locations).

You want about 100 players to get through to the Regional Qualifier (sort of), the number of players who get through each spot is based on the number of players who signup at their qualifier. 36 Hole Qualifier

Year 2

Seasonal Championship (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) 25 players per flight at each championship. Top 10 make it to GolfWRX World Championship next year.

This way one can plan on advance to make sure they can get time off work

54 Hole Qualifier

There would also be Local Qualifiers for next years Seasonal Championship.

Year 3

GolfWRX Championship. 72 Holes, 36 Hole Cut

40 players per flight

Location should rotate between 5 locations (doesn't matter where, the other 4 locations would hold the Seasonal Championships)

Seasonal and Local Tournaments as well

Optional Events

GolfWRX Invitational, 3 Day Two Man Event. Similar to a member-guest. 6 Round Robin Matches on the first two days. Day 3, 6 Flight Champions automatically qualify for day 3 bracket tournament. Flight Runner ups and 3rd place have a shootout Day 2 to decide the remaining two spots. 6 Flights.

GolfWRX Championship Flight

Open Flight (1.8 or Lower, or Pro)

Gross Flight(1.9-4.0)

Net Flight A (4.1-6.0)

Net Flight B (6.0-8.0)

Net Flight C (8.1-10)

Net Flight D (10.1-12)

Net Flight E (12.1-18)

Net Flight F (18.1+)

I think this would be a way to do it

Absolutely !! Did we just become best friends !?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I mean I want it to be a quality well run event. Not something thrown together last minute. Just spitballing but Grand Cypress multiple courses multiple days, with flights to make it competitive for all players.

Stay tuned I'm going to make a few calls get a few numbers together and I'll post back when I get them. Please feel free to message ideas or suggestions

The good way to do it would be to look at the PGA Professional National Championship model. Everyone will wanna play on the forum and lottery is not the way to decide a field. Need to be a three year process.

Year 1

You want about 100 players to get through to the Regional Qualifier (sort of), the number of players who get through each spot is based on the number of players who signup at their qualifier. 36 Hole Qualifier

Year 2

Seasonal Championship (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) 25 players per flight at each championship. Top 10 make it to GolfWRX World Championship next year.

54 Hole Qualifier

Year 3

40 players per flight

Location should rotate between 5 locations (doesn't matter where, the other 4 locations would hold the Seasonal Championships)

Optional Events

GolfWRX Invitational, 3 Day Two Man Event. Similar to a member-guest. 6 Round Robin Matches on the first two days. Day 3, 6 Flight Champions automatically qualify for day 3 bracket tournament. Flight Runner ups and 3rd place have a shootout Day 2 to decide the remaining two spots. 6 Flights.

Gross Flight(1.9-4.0)

Net Flight A (4.1-6.0)

Net Flight B (6.0-8.0)

Net Flight C (8.1-10)

Net Flight D (10.1-12)

Net Flight E (12.1-18)

Net Flight F (18.1+)

Absolutely !! Did we just become best friends !?

Only because you put the Vegas back in the bag!!!!!

This three year cycle makes it work for everyone, that anyone who qualifies has a year to make sure they can get time off work to play in it. I actually rather see this event be held at some hidden public gem, like a Goat Hill; instead of some high end destination or resort track. Same that for the GolfWRX Invy I guess.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

You would have to think that if we got this right, WRX could help put on one hell of a tournament for all of us. Meaning, maybe have all the big and small name companies there. Have bags of clubs to try out on the range and putting greens. That way we could all buy something that was “TourWRX issued” :-)

Everyone could play practice rounds leading up to the tourney, then go back to their rooms to start a thread about how they will play that week.

Shoot, someone email DraftKings. We can have a one week amateur tournament on their website. Price is dictated by handicap. Haha

Some really great ideas guys, I was looking at the PGA National Professional Championship as inspiration. It would definitely not be a lottery, I am all for meritocracy and if you shoot the scores you should be in. As for an 8 handicap yes you can play, you can play if you are scratch or better, or a 36 plus. That is the beauty of this event, its for GolfWRX members, a way to get us all together for some competition on different courses. My vision for this is something that is more geared toward individual competition, although the suggestions for team event are intriguing. I do like the idea of perhaps multiple events, although Id be weary of diluting the fields if we had too many events, because I do understand family and work commitments come before golf. I do think that the vendors at the bottom of this page would be receptive for an opportunity to put new equipment and technology in the hands of knowledgable players. As I have stated earlier I will crunch some numbers and post back here. As of right now, my friend that runs Yuengling Lager distributor in Central Florida is down to hook up a discounted price, and help coordinate catering.

As far as the classy comment is concerned, what I mean is I want an event that is going to be quality. I do not do anything half Word not allowed and this should be something worth the trip for members, that grows each year.

Some really great ideas guys, I was looking at the PGA National Professional Championship as inspiration. It would definitely not be a lottery, I am all for meritocracy and if you shoot the scores you should be in. As for an 8 handicap yes you can play, you can play if you are scratch or better, or a 36 plus. That is the beauty of this event, its for GolfWRX members, a way to get us all together for some competition on different courses. My vision for this is something that is more geared toward individual competition, although the suggestions for team event are intriguing. I do like the idea of perhaps multiple events, although Id be weary of diluting the fields if we had too many events, because I do understand family and work commitments come before golf. I do think that the vendors at the bottom of this page would be receptive for an opportunity to put new equipment and technology in the hands of knowledgable players. As I have stated earlier I will crunch some numbers and post back here. As of right now, my friend that runs Yuengling Lager distributor in Central Florida is down to hook up a discounted price, and help coordinate catering.

As far as the classy comment is concerned, what I mean is I want an event that is going to be quality. I do not do anything half Word not allowed and this should be something worth the trip for members, that grows each year.

I really look into using Sugarloaf Social Club website and find some hidden Gems to do this event. I think the majority of WRXers would love playing this at a track that isn't as well known and find a nice hotel to stay at in the area as well. Ryder Cup format could be something done maybe every five years. 20 of the best WRX from the USA versus 20 of the best WRX from around the world?!?!?

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

I really look into using Sugarloaf Social Club website and find some hidden Gems to do this event. I think the majority of WRXers would love playing this at a track that isn't as well known and find a nice hotel to stay at in the area as well. Ryder Cup format could be something done maybe every five years. 20 of the best WRX from the USA versus 20 of the best WRX from around the world?!?!?

Obie.... Obie .... Obie .... Obie .... Obie

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Fantastic ideas - love the concept!

Registration fees should include custom bag tags with your user name!

good idea

Local: you get a bag tag

Stage 2: Towel

Championship: Driver or Putter Cover

Winner: PING Hoofer?!?!?!

a) Tournament only ball, Titleist balata 90's for instance, or K-sigs. Or whatever gets sponsored by the site. (I'm open minded).

b) Duh, Arizona, where the weather doesn't suck this time of the year.

Who's gonna run the skins game, Closest to the pin, LONG DRIVE? (I know some won't partake because they don't want to make a spectacle), we need the pre tournament party plan.

Who's manning the keg? What about cart girls, local or imports?

Goddamn guys, there's lots of work to be done.

Hard to set something like this up as members are from all over the world. Plenty of local get together though if you look around and talk to people.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Sounds great! You'll recognize me by the towel clipped to my belt loop.

Ping G410, 10.5 degree, Alta CB 55 Red

Taylormade RBZ, 15*, Matrix Ozik

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid, 18 degree, Aerotech Steelfiber FC

Callaway Rogue 4H, 21*, Aldila Synergy 60

Callaway Apex CF16, 5 - SW, Recoil 760

Callaway PM Grind 19, 60*

Rife 2 Bar Hybrid 

Year 1

Year 2

54 Hole Qualifier

Year 3

40 players per flight

Optional Events

Gross Flight(1.9-4.0)

Net Flight A (4.1-6.0)

Net Flight B (6.0-8.0)

Net Flight C (8.1-10)

Net Flight D (10.1-12)

Net Flight E (12.1-18)

Net Flight F (18.1+)

; )

How bout we just play some golf.

In between scotches and steaks?

I love the idea in theory on this thing. I am actually looking to put together an Indy outing this spring, so maybe that could be something to help toward the greater cause for this?

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Seriously though, it would be fun to have a tournament over a few days (maybe a Ryder Cup format). Meeting a gaggle of my fellow members would be just as fun as the golf.

I say Bandon in the spring ..... might be the only way to get ur boney asz and formerly nicotine stained fingers out to Bandon ... :cheesy:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Fantastic ideas - love the concept!

Registration fees should include custom bag tags with your user name!

good idea

Local: you get a bag tag

Stage 2: Towel

Championship: Driver or Putter Cover

Winner: PING Hoofer?!?!?!

Like Carnoustie would need another Ping Hoofer bag???

Let me throw a few things into the mix if I may. Really the whole concept is a great idea. I can see it as maybe a regional thing because a lot of us are not retired yet and have the time or money to travel across the country. If we can get the WRX staff involved maybe we can get some of the fine forum sponsors involved. I see it as evolving into a big thing myself. It will be a big thing to organize since we have such a wide variety of players on WRX. But with some of the great minds on here I can see it being done. Personally I am working full time but anything I can do to help opinion wise I will be glad to do

a) Tournament only ball, Titleist balata 90's for instance, or K-sigs. Or whatever gets sponsored by the site. (I'm open minded).

Who's gonna run the skins game, Closest to the pin, LONG DRIVE? (I know some won't partake because they don't want to make a spectacle), we need the pre tournament party plan.

Might turn out to be the world's largest party--- with a little golf thrown in for good measure

Might turn out to be the world's largest party--- with a little golf thrown in for good measure

Golf is gonna be involved? Well I'm officially out

I agree...at the kick off party everyone should be anonymous and we can give a prize for whomever correctly guesses the most usernames. Golfwrx Username Bingo.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

I agree...at the kick off party everyone should be anonymous and we can give a prize for whomever correctly guesses the most usernames. Golfwrx Username Bingo.

Man, wouldn’t that be hilarious! I bet most wouldn’t look at all like we have them mentality pictured.

But wouldn’t it be cool to actually put a face to the username.

Man, wouldn’t that be hilarious! I bet most wouldn’t look at all like we have them mentality pictured.

But wouldn’t it be cool to actually put a face to the username.

My mug can be found on here somewhere I'm sure, but nobody wants a picture, mental or otherwise!

LOL, found a picture in another thread from days gone by. The good looking one is my now 11 3/4 year old hunting expert. Have your event in the prairie in November and I'll wear the cool hat you see here and everyone can win a prize!

Christosterone

Are these up to your standards? Plum base w white gator. If so I will fire in an order

I like these as red wine spills will be masked to some degree ... and I have some plaid pants that go with these .. so I got that going for me

Perfection...

I love white tips and saddle....very cool

And he, winter golf is the only kind of golf imho...

Nothing is better than wool/spandex plaid Scottish pants....nothing

Interesting side note:

On many of the tartan plaid so I have made in Scotland theyll send a 7£ certificate showing you paid to the Scottish tartan authority for use of the plaid…

Considering entire clan wars were fought over what type of plaid you wore, this is kind of a cool bit of kit to have…

-Chris

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape