Does anybody miss the old Be Better Golf Youtube Show?

Bre9327

you think someone married Bill Gates for his good looks and charm? Further down the spectrum, do you think someone married Jason Dufner or Pat Perez for their good looks and charm?

Charm isn't exactly the term I would use. They are generally the alpha dog in most rooms they go into. Men want to be like them. And they lead very interesting lives. That will attract most women to them.

It's not always about the money...in fact, it's far from it. It's a mental thing with the ladies, dude.

This is not the type of 'swing instruction' I came here for... but it's the type I'll stay here for...

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think someone married Bill Gates for his good looks and charm? Further down the spectrum, do you think someone married Jason Dufner or Pat Perez for their good looks and charm?

Charm isn't exactly the term I would use. They are generally the alpha dog in most rooms they go into. Men want to be like them. And they lead very interesting lives. That will attract most women to them.

It's not always about the money...in fact, it's far from it. It's a mental thing with the ladies, dude.

RH

I'm sure you could come up with an interesting life, say a one man porta potty cleaning outfit, and even attract really hot women with even just one billion dollars.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Brendan seems like a cool dude. He’s just trying to make a living. The problem is when you entrench yourself in this industry, especially the social media side..... you’re kinda forced to put on a show so to speak. He should do a craft beer review competitive match vlog combo series. I’d want in on that action.

Nice enough, pathetic, and dweeb come to mind thinking about Devore. Cool does not.

Come on, golf and cool has never went together. The best player ever was nicknamed Urkel in college

Seem to be a lot of women married to PGA pros who would disagree with that.

/facepalm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you said "cool" and guys who makes lots of money are cool (to some), and I don't intend to put down anyone's relationship, just an interesting correlation.

Cool and golf never went together? Really? Fred Couples - what have they been saying about him for years? Tommy Armour III? Arnie was always "cool", lots of examples and the definition means what it means to different people.

Again, you are pretty off base.

Brendan seems like a cool dude. He’s just trying to make a living. The problem is when you entrench yourself in this industry, especially the social media side..... you’re kinda forced to put on a show so to speak. He should do a craft beer review competitive match vlog combo series. I’d want in on that action.

Nice enough, pathetic, and dweeb come to mind thinking about Devore. Cool does not.

Come on, golf and cool has never went together. The best player ever was nicknamed Urkel in college

20 yrs ago yea maybe. But we’re a little different here in So. Cal bruh.... surf meets golf culture in my hood

Do they use terms like yum yum, gucci, and purina when describing good shots??

Sorry just to be clear, what exactly is he charging people for when they play with him?

Is this for real?

In the videos i've seen it looks like he's keeping the filming to a minimum to not annoy his playing partners and others on the course

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Sorry just to be clear, what exactly is he charging people for when they play with him?

Is this for real?

In the videos i've seen it looks like he's keeping the filming to a minimum to not annoy his playing partners and others on the course

So, how long have you known Brenden?

I started watching his channel after his match with Christo, that's how I found him, I'm a MySwingEvolution subscriber

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I don't really have an issue with Brendan posting the videos of the instructors. They all know he is filming and I am sure he lets them know he will be posting them on a youtube channel. If he can make a little money off that and the instructors don't mind being affiliated with that then more power to him.

The trying to charge people to play with him a some serious cow dung though. Sure he's entitled to ask, but it's a major D-bag move.

How does the charging work? Who gets charged? How much does he charge?

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I lost interest when he picked the Tony guy instead of Monte if I look at the timing of it (likely golfwrx bias)

But he also stopped doing less on course matches and less fun stuff. I have no interest in getting swing advice or actual instruction from him, I like the entertainment portion more.

I lost interest when he picked the Tony guy instead of Monte if I look at the timing of it (likely golfwrx bias)

But he also stopped doing less on course matches and less fun stuff. I have no interest in getting swing advice or actual instruction from him, I like the entertainment portion more.

Someone asked Brendon why he didn't pick Monte, because it looked like he was making good progress with it in the comment section of one of the videos. Brendon stated that he couldn't get any of the Monte stuff to work off the practice range.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I pay Brendon for golf lessons and let Terrell Owens do my financial planning.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Does he actually do lessons? I thought he was more like the event organizer where he brought an instructor out for a clinic.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Does he actually do lessons? I thought he was more like the event organizer where he brought an instructor out for a clinic.

You know he does online lessons already and it's pretty clear from the thread - why the interest in repetitive posting about his channel?

Is this for real?

I started watching his channel after his match with Christo, that's how I found him, I'm a MySwingEvolution subscriber

Are you taking lessons?

Is this for real?

Are you taking lessons?

Not really, Ive been doing clinics from Jim Hardy and his partners the past few years.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Wow, lots to read on this topic. I would say this... I unsubscribed from the channel months ago because:

1. I'm sure he's a good guy but i just thought he was annoying. Talks/interrupts his guests too much. instructions always end up being choppy and disjointed with all the interruptions and diversions

2. Too many swing ideas to keep track of with different instructors. Don't think anyone needs to try EVERY swing theory out there

3. Always a turn off when a non-established person start trying to sell me stuff. Thats just me- I go to youtube for free instruction.

Still hoping the match he was trying to set up on between Monte and GG comes to fruition, though.

You know he does online lessons already and it's pretty clear from the thread - why the interest in repetitive posting about his channel?

I enjoy it, there's not a lot of golf content out there, i hate all the stuff on Golf Channel, Golf Digest and Golf Magazine they just push product for their advertisers, which I understand, it pays the bills, but they're dishonest as well. I've found a few golf channels on Youtube like Be Better Golf, but also MySwingEvolution, Mark Crossfield, and Skratch that are entertaining.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Pretty much the same here. I used to enjoy his vlogs because he was your regular joe playing out there like the rest of us weekend hacks. Now its BBG School this, pay for my program that, etc. Just not what I enjoy, especially considering his skill level. I really dislike that he entered into a contract with Tony, so we are stuck hearing how revolutionary reactionary golf is, all while he goes to other instructors because he isn't improving all that much under Tony. It is apparently one of the reasons you wont ever see Monte, or another coach leading a School. He has Tim doing short game stuff, but not a full on school because of his contract with Tony. Tony is the Be Better Golf School Instructor.

In the end, the guy can do what he wants, he makes money playing a game I love. I just wish he didn't turn into such a d-bag, the turning point was in this video

IMO. The guy there refers to Brendon as a pro, and I think that just set his ego off. Complete channel change after that IMO.

Still hoping the match he was trying to set up on between Monte and GG comes to fruition, though.

Apparently it is never going to happen. He said on one video, they both flaked and never really committed to it, then Monte got hurt and it fizzled out.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

20 yrs ago yea maybe. But we’re a little different here in So. Cal bruh.... surf meets golf culture in my hood

Do they use terms like yum yum, gucci, and purina when describing good shots??

LA/ Westlake area I’ve heard they do.... down on the border we simply call it seeding it or puring seeds

Is this for real?

Thanks for playing...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Is this for real?

Oh nice, could you ask him about Brendon for us?

“they both flaked and never really committed to it,”

That is false.

Ill try and find the video, but I know that is how he mentioned it. Not saying it is true by any means. I think it might have been one of his live sessions where people ask him questions.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.