2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Does anybody miss the old Be Better Golf Youtube Show?

Bre9327

I would love to hear more about what Monte actually thinks about Brendon now, but i know he is too professional to say anything in a public forum. My biggest issues:

1) Brendon is a deusche of the HIGHEST caliber.... he must be the most obnoxious person in youtube golf history hands down

2) The fact he charges ppl to play w/ him is criminal & the fact that he charges people for swing analysis is even more laughable

3) His swing is atrocious and has improved only minimally over YEARS. He refuses to change things to fix his flaws. He chose Tony over better instructors (Monte, GG, Dana) because Tony is right side dominant and basically tells him to throw his arms as hard as possible. He's not trying to improve by fixing flaws, he's trying to improve the same trash move he's always had.

4) He tries so hard to portray himself as super athletic and in some videos even as a tough guy. Not that it matters but this guy is a huge loser that is anything but those two things. Stop trying so hard

5) Biggest issue as others have mentioned is his extremely poor interview skills. Let your guest talk, we want to hear them, not you! He cuts them off incessantly only to try to incorrectly regurgitate what they said. Most times they will have to back up and correct his obnoxious interjection and it wastes everyone's time. You are a student, let yourself learn. They are teachers, let them teach!

The older and funner content this channel provided was much better, pre-brandon's ego. Some of it was entertaining and the instructors episodes were informative (show with Monte was awesome) even despite constant interruptions. Sadly (or not) those days are gone. Can i fault the guy for selling out and taking the money? No definitely not - we all have families to feed. Absolutely will not make me like him though. Guy needs a reality check in the worst way, get over yourself bro.

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“they both flaked and never really committed to it,”

That is false.

Ill try and find the video, but I know that is how he mentioned it. Not saying it is true by any means. I think it might have been one of his live sessions where people ask him questions.

I remember this too the video where we said it wasn't going to happen. I would actually pay hard earned money to see this haha

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

Does Brendon have videos other than the ones he does with teachers? I’ve only seen the ones with teachers and find them pretty good, mostly because I just listen to the teacher. I don’t think I ever had expectations of Brendon and am just relieved he’s not Damon Hack.

Note: And, I finally realized it’s ‘Brendon’ with an ‘O’ not ‘Brenda’ with an ‘N’.

If the match between Monte and GG happened, I have a feeling it would only be a matter of time before GG said something and Monte tosses him in a bunker....lol I like GG and find him very interesting but I can certainly see him being a smart *** and saying something off the cuff to Monte and next thing you know we have a viral video lol.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

If the match between Monte and GG happened, I have a feeling it would only be a matter of time before GG said something and Monte tosses him in a bunker....lol I like GG and find him very interesting but I can certainly see him being a smart *** and saying something off the cuff to Monte and next thing you know we have a viral video lol.

I doubt that. I like GG. We’ve had a few online interactions and have mutual friends. As much as I dish out, I’d better be able to take a little.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I doubt that. I like GG. We’ve had a few online interactions and have mutual friends. As much as I dish out, I’d better be able to take a little.

Just joking...you are pretty good at taking it...especially from copperjeff lol

That is false.

So tell us what happened, bro. We all promise not to tell Brendon you dished. :)

I have nothing bad to say about anyone...except for maybe Peter Kostis’ Swing Vision analyses.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

That is false.

So tell us what happened, bro. We all promise not to tell Brendon you dished. :)

I have nothing bad to say about anyone...except for maybe Peter Kostis’ Swing Vision analyses.

And Rick Smith. :) And even that's not bad, just funny.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

That is false.

What about that pseudo-intellectual "cool tatted rapper" Foley ?!? :russian_roulette:

That is false.

And Rick Smith. :) And even that's not bad, just funny.

I still haven't heard that story yet....missed it both times! I'm going to tape a recorder to Monte next time lol

That is false.

What about that pseudo-intellectual "cool tatted rapper" Foley ?!? :russian_roulette:

I’ve reformed since this.

Actually, I’m probably worse, but trying.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

That is false.

I’ve reformed since this.

Actually, I’m probably worse, but trying.

Incredible!

"they both flaked and never really committed to it,"

That is false.

I have nothing bad to say about anyone...except for maybe Peter Kostis' Swing Vision analyses.

I've reformed since this.

[media=]

[/media]

Actually, I'm probably worse, but trying.

Good lord I had never seen that before! My attempts to hold in laughter got me some looks in my office.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Just joking...you are pretty good at taking it...especially from copperjeff lol

HEY NOW!

I resemble that remark!

(I still chuckle about your comment of me being the only troll IRL and nice guy online)

Golfing Ginger
So glad I picked an outside activity...

I know I certainly don't dislike him but I just wish he would go back to what he was doing. He is getting away from what made him popular in the first place....though I still think charging for people to play with him is a little ridiculous, he isn't a celebrity or tour pro. It does sound like he is trying to be an instructor and I applaud his enthusiasm, but I wonder how much time he really dedicates to learning the swing as opposed to trying to fix his own game...It's not the lack of experience that worries me, it's the perceived lack of focus on becoming a better instructor. Plenty of students leave PGA school and don't know/aren't taught jack about the swing but those that have a true passion for it can learn a lot and get better regardless.

I like how he goes to different instructors and talks about their methodologies and how they would fix him. To me that's the best part about it. I personally wouldn't find it very entertaining if he went to the same person. You can just look up your favorite instructors YouTube channel and watch their lessons. What I don't like is how he interrupts during interviews to (usually) incorrectly add his thoughts. Personally I don't think he knows as much about the swing as he thinks he does. Just my opinion. I also don't mind him making money from it. He's putting in his time and effort, so if he can make money good for him. As far as charging people to play with him? What's he charging for? Can someone clarify ?

Agree with the comments about his "interruptions". Those were/are really irritating - he must not realize that no one wants to hear him answer his own questions.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

"they both flaked and never really committed to it,"

That is false.

I have nothing bad to say about anyone...except for maybe Peter Kostis' Swing Vision analyses.

I've reformed since this.

[media=]

[/media]

Actually, I'm probably worse, but trying.

The first time I saw this I almost peed my pants. The best line " I have humped so many goats, I am not allowed within 20 miles of a driving range or farm."

I like how he goes to different instructors and talks about their methodologies and how they would fix him. To me that's the best part about it. I personally wouldn't find it very entertaining if he went to the same person. You can just look up your favorite instructors YouTube channel and watch their lessons. What I don't like is how he interrupts during interviews to (usually) incorrectly add his thoughts. Personally I don't think he knows as much about the swing as he thinks he does. Just my opinion. I also don't mind him making money from it. He's putting in his time and effort, so if he can make money good for him. As far as charging people to play with him? What's he charging for? Can someone clarify ?

Right, as of now that seems to be complete hearsay and is probably way out of context of what actually happened. Just a guess.

Right, as of now that seems to be complete hearsay and is probably way out of context of what actually happened. Just a guess.

Hearsay indeed. However, his annoying interviews make it believable. Brendon’s interruptions remind me of being in university, when I’d ask a question to the professor, and another person in the class would interrupt the professor to answer me. This happened more than once and was absurdly ridiculous. Once I was asking a professor with a few PhD’s related to neuroscience about the brain, and the student felt he knew more about the functionality of the thalamus than the professor. The other time I was asking a crown prosecutor about specific case law. The prosecutor/professor did not look pleased.

Don’t be that person.

Edit: In case you were wondering, both student answers were incorrect and different from the eventual answer from the profs.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Guys, he has been in it for the money since day one. I thought this was common knowledge, but he has always charged people to be in his vlogs. There are several members whose have had bad experiences with him from the beginning. And as far as him being an instructor.... if that's what people want to spend their money on, I don't really care. But I wouldn't hire him

Yup. I struggled to enjoy the channel back in the old days due to a couple factors: 1) his constant interruptions/interjections over what good instructors were saying, and 2) his inability to stick to anything long-term that would actually improve his swing. However, when I found out about him trying to charge one of our more well-known members here just to play a casual round with him, I couldn't believe it. Haven't watched one of his videos since and wouldn't add to his views count ($$) if you paid ME! He's free to do his thing, but IMO he's a clown.

How much did he want to play with the person?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I too know someone who he asked to pay to play with him towards the beginning of the channel when it wasn’t even that popular. I would give more detail but if the standard for being believed is that the statement needs to be admissible in court, I can’t meet such a standard, unfortunately, so I won’t waste my time.

Guys, he has been in it for the money since day one. I thought this was common knowledge, but he has always charged people to be in his vlogs. There are several members whose have had bad experiences with him from the beginning. And as far as him being an instructor.... if that's what people want to spend their money on, I don't really care. But I wouldn't hire him

Yup. I struggled to enjoy the channel back in the old days due to a couple factors: 1) his constant interruptions/interjections over what good instructors were saying, and 2) his inability to stick to anything long-term that would actually improve his swing. However, when I found out about him trying to charge one of our more well-known members here just to play a casual round with him, I couldn't believe it. Haven't watched one of his videos since and wouldn't add to his views count ($$) if you paid ME! He's free to do his thing, but IMO he's a clown.

The individual was told he would need to pay greens fees/expenses for Brendon and whoever he brought along to play or film.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

The individual was told he would need to pay greens fees/expenses for Brendon and whoever he brought along to play or film.

??? I wouldn’t want to play with him even if he offered to buy my round and my 19th hole.

Does Brendon have videos other than the ones he does with teachers? I've only seen the ones with teachers and find them pretty good, mostly because I just listen to the teacher. I don't think I ever had expectations of Brendon and am just relieved he's not Damon Hack.

Note: And, I finally realized it's 'Brendon' with an 'O' not 'Brenda' with an 'N'.

I believe up thread someone posted a link to his video playing a match against Christo. Do yourself a favor and find it. It's awesome for all the wrong reasons.

Does Brendon have videos other than the ones he does with teachers? I've only seen the ones with teachers and find them pretty good, mostly because I just listen to the teacher. I don't think I ever had expectations of Brendon and am just relieved he's not Damon Hack.

Note: And, I finally realized it's 'Brendon' with an 'O' not 'Brenda' with an 'N'.

I believe up thread someone posted a link to his video playing a match against Christo. Do yourself a favor and find it. It's awesome for all the wrong reasons.

They played at El Dorado, and neither played that well.

Cristo plays various courses in Pasadena, he seems to be a pretty decent player. Not sure about Brendon, but we have over 300 Golf days a year down here.

Ok, I believe that. Knowing what little I know about him, I don't think he could afford a three figure greens fee, just look at the places he plays. Sky Links over and over again, that place looks like a 30 dollar course.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash