2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Does anybody miss the old Be Better Golf Youtube Show?

Bre9327

Does Brendon have videos other than the ones he does with teachers? I've only seen the ones with teachers and find them pretty good, mostly because I just listen to the teacher. I don't think I ever had expectations of Brendon and am just relieved he's not Damon Hack.

Note: And, I finally realized it's 'Brendon' with an 'O' not 'Brenda' with an 'N'.

I believe up thread someone posted a link to his video playing a match against Christo. Do yourself a favor and find it. It's awesome for all the wrong reasons.

Oh yeah, I did see two minutes of that.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Christo paid to play with be better dude? And paid for his crew. That's a lot of cha-chinga for such an anti-climatic production.

I have no idea about that, but it looked like other than bad golf they had some fun on the course together.

Does anyone know Brandon? Maybe he could come on here and discuss some of these issues (unless he'd charge for that too lol).

He was on WRX a while back and got banned pretty quickly after failing to follow the forum rules regarding promotion of his business.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Guys, you gotta stop with this character assassination. I've played with him several times, both on and off camera and he's NEVER asked me pay - not even hinted. Say what you want about his monetization of the channel (frankly, good on him, he's put in tons of time on it and deserves whatever he gets) and where the trajectory of the content is going, but he wouldn't ever charge anyone. And to all the bogey hacks that made comments about his lack of skills? gmafb, he would roast you on the course. The guy is deadly under pressure with his putter and he's a damn good ball striker as well. Just my two cents.

Guys, you gotta stop with this character assassination. I've played with him several times, both on and off camera and he's NEVER asked me pay - not even hinted. Say what you want about his monetization of the channel (frankly, good on him, he's put in tons of time on it and deserves whatever he gets) and where the trajectory of the content is going, but he wouldn't ever charge anyone. And to all the bogey hacks that made comments about his lack of skills? gmafb, he would roast you on the course. The guy is deadly under pressure with his putter and he's a damn good ball striker as well. Just my two cents.

Lol first post. Hi Brandon!

I have never seen somebody with less control and less awareness of how their body moves. I always got a kick out of it when he would like pose in what he thought was a good impact position or somwthing and it would just look like the most unnatural position ever. And now he trys to teach...

Says a 12 index. Pffftttt I would pay big money to watch a match between the two of you. I'm pretty sure he exaggerates a lot of the moves for the camera.

It's BrEndon. Jesus, are you that dense?

I have the popcorn in the microwave.........

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Sorry, Brendon, I won’t do it again. So are you saying you’ve never asked for greens fees and other fees when anyone has asked to play with you? Good to have you here, we can get some stuff cleared up.

Sorry, Brendon, I won't do it again. So are you saying you've never asked for greens fees and other fees when anyone has asked to play with you? Good to have you here, we can get some stuff cleared up.

Sorry, about the last comment. Honestly it's like nails on a chalkboard. I'm not Brendon, just a casual friend that has known him for a few years. I did pay for his green fees once...because I got to the course before him and he was running late. He bought my overpriced lunch and an adult beverage, so I'm pretty sure I made out on the deal.

Did you just say he is deadly under pressure? Even if he was a 1.6, no 1.6 is “deadly” under pressure.

He hits it pretty long, hits it crooked, hits a lot of fat and thin shots, has a rough short game and a balky putter. He’s not that good. Good compared to about 90% of golfers, yes, but compared to good players, he’s not.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Sorry, Brendon, I won't do it again. So are you saying you've never asked for greens fees and other fees when anyone has asked to play with you? Good to have you here, we can get some stuff cleared up.

Sorry, about the last comment. Honestly it's like nails on a chalkboard. I'm not Brendon, just a casual friend that has known him for a few years. I did pay for his green fees once...because I got to the course before him and he was running late. He bought my overpriced lunch and an adult beverage, so I'm pretty sure I made out on the deal.

Weird...I have never heard a casual friend get so irritated by someone misspelling their friends name....My own name gets misspelled on a daily basis and I don't get the least bit upset....

Did you just say he is deadly under pressure? Even if he was a 1.6, no 1.6 is "deadly" under pressure.

He hits it pretty long, hits it crooked, hits a lot of fat and thin shots, has a rough short game and a balky putter. He's not that good. Good compared to about 90% of golfers, yes, but compared to good players, he's not.

Fair enough. I did say with his putter under pressure. The dude makes putts under pressure (easily a + index with his putter) imho...

Did you just say he is deadly under pressure? Even if he was a 1.6, no 1.6 is "deadly" under pressure.

He hits it pretty long, hits it crooked, hits a lot of fat and thin shots, has a rough short game and a balky putter. He's not that good. Good compared to about 90% of golfers, yes, but compared to good players, he's not.

Fair enough. I did say with his putter under pressure. The dude makes putts under pressure (easily a + index with his putter) imho...

So, since he isn't a plus then you are saying he is more like a 4 or a 6 tee to green (zero sum game, he has to be giving up strokes somewhere).

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Guys, he has been in it for the money since day one. I thought this was common knowledge, but he has always charged people to be in his vlogs. There are several members whose have had bad experiences with him from the beginning. And as far as him being an instructor.... if that's what people want to spend their money on, I don't really care. But I wouldn't hire him

Yup. I struggled to enjoy the channel back in the old days due to a couple factors: 1) his constant interruptions/interjections over what good instructors were saying, and 2) his inability to stick to anything long-term that would actually improve his swing. However, when I found out about him trying to charge one of our more well-known members here just to play a casual round with him, I couldn't believe it. Haven't watched one of his videos since and wouldn't add to his views count ($$) if you paid ME! He's free to do his thing, but IMO he's a clown.

How much did he want to play with the person?

The individual was told he would need to pay greens fees/expenses for Brendon and whoever he brought along to play or film.

I can independently confirm this. We're around the same hcap, so I suggested he come down to north SD county to play at my course (which has held PGATour events). He asked me to pay for his round. I might have done anyway if he hadn't asked (since he's my guest), but it left a pretty bad taste and we never played. To each his own...

Good point berriespgm

I see what you did there ;) I do like berries though

So, since he isn't a plus then you are saying he is more like a 4 or a 6 tee to green (zero sum game, he has to be giving up strokes somewhere).

Yes, he gives up strokes somewhere; we all do. It's all relative, but his strengths are his putting, and his weakness is probably chipping (which he admits is an area he wants to improve...and has) To what degree is he better at his strengths than his weaknesses, I'm not sure. I think Arccos breaks all that stuff down. Obviously it's anecdotal on my part, but I have friends that are strong + golfers and he could definitely hang with them with a putter.

And that whole part of me being annoyed about the spelling of his name....yeah, that was weird, wish I could take that back.

Guys, he has been in it for the money since day one. I thought this was common knowledge, but he has always charged people to be in his vlogs. There are several members whose have had bad experiences with him from the beginning. And as far as him being an instructor.... if that's what people want to spend their money on, I don't really care. But I wouldn't hire him

Yup. I struggled to enjoy the channel back in the old days due to a couple factors: 1) his constant interruptions/interjections over what good instructors were saying, and 2) his inability to stick to anything long-term that would actually improve his swing. However, when I found out about him trying to charge one of our more well-known members here just to play a casual round with him, I couldn't believe it. Haven't watched one of his videos since and wouldn't add to his views count ($$) if you paid ME! He's free to do his thing, but IMO he's a clown.

How much did he want to play with the person?

The individual was told he would need to pay greens fees/expenses for Brendon and whoever he brought along to play or film.

I can independently confirm this. We're around the same hcap, so I suggested he come down to north SD county to play at my course (which has held PGATour events). He asked me to pay for his round. I might have done anyway if he hadn't asked (since he's my guest), but it left a pretty bad taste and we never played. To each his own...

Okay, I can see how that would leave a bad taste in your mouth. Maybe it was misconstrued? He has a dry sense of humor? All I can say is he's never acted that way around me. He's a super good guy.

Okay, I can see how that would leave a bad taste in your mouth. Maybe it was misconstrued? He has a dry sense of humor? All I can say is he's never acted that way around me. He's a super good guy.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. He was semi-apologetic, if anything. He gets lots of requests, doesn't want to go broke, can I pay for his round. I felt like it was more of an invite and maybe he saw it as a (one of many) request. Like I said, to each his own.

I know someone who had the exact same experience regarding Brandon asking for the round to be paid for, fwiw. Also, you seem to know Brandon really well for being a casual friend. How often do you guys play?

You going to call him Eldrick next? Your trolling on his name after you've been corrected and said you'd get it right is pretty crappy.

Like the channel/don't like the channel but you are being a dick about it at this point.

I know someone who had the exact same experience regarding Brandon asking for the round to be paid for, fwiw. Also, you seem to know Brandon really well for being a casual friend. How often do you guys play?

You going to call him Eldrick next? Your trolling on his name after you've been corrected and said you'd get it right is pretty crappy.

Like the channel/don't like the channel but you are being a dick about it at this point.

Chrome in android auto corrects Brendon to Brandon, at least it does on my tablet and phone.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Chrome in android auto corrects Brendon to Brandon, at least it does on my tablet and phone.

No issues on my mac or iPhone, but the point is he's now doing it on purpose after expressing awareness of the issue and vowing not to do it again. Clearly intentional at this point, auto correct isn't the issue.