New PXG drivers on conforming list

EHolm

There has to be something here other than the placement of the screws, we're just not seeing it. who knows, deep face, speed foam filled etc etc etc

ย 

And everyone hates it or luvs it, it's WRX ffs. Deal, no deal, move along now... :busted_cop:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5Xย 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:ย ย  Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:ย ย ย ย ย ย  Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:ย ย ย ย  LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Okay all contentiousness aside...

ย 

I think the design is pretty lackluster. It's like they went for a minimalist look, but stopped halfway. It looks like a prototype before it entered the design room. I'm sure it will perform well, and I guess that's their positioning, performance over design (they brag about only having black and white color scheme). I just wish they spent some more time making the club visually appealing as opposed to taking a literal blank canvas and slapping the logo on it.

They are said to only be protos for testing so design might change, and hopefully they will reduce the logo. But performance is always what matters most

Exactly, and if they are any bigger or longer or have higher ball speed cor than any of the other maxed out drivers, they will be non conforming. Thats why people cant understand the price.

You dont need to change size or cor to increase performance. CoG, adjustability, ball speed retention on bad strikes to mention a few, they all make the club better.

If the tech was maxed out already why did you go and buy that M2 since the size and cor limits hit years before it was released?

My previous driver was an R7 with a grafalloy shaft that suited my swing when i had 15mph more.

"ka-blah baby"

ย 

guess the extra cash goes to bigger logos.

ย 

Look better than the TM M4 or Ping G400

Haha surrreeeeee

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10ย Tour / 3w /ย Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35โ€

Ugliest looking sole made in a while. Looks like a wal-mart box set. I donโ€™t know why obnoxious old rich guys think it is cool to buy overpriced clubs that perform the same or worse as others 1/3 the price......

?โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

I'm not an obnoxious old rich guy and I play them. 3 handi and I can play anything. They don't perform the same as clubs 1/3 the price they are better. Do you think all golfers that can play PXG are stupid? But we probably would drink high shelf vodka not Busch Light on back 9

Ugliest looking sole made in a while. Looks like a wal-mart box set. I dont know why obnoxious old rich guys think it is cool to buy overpriced clubs that perform the same or worse as others 1/3 the price......

โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

I'm or an obnoxious old rich guy and I play them 3 handi and I can play anything. They don't perform the same as clubs 1/3 the price they are better. Do you think all golfers that can play PXG are stupid? But we probably would drink high shelf vodka not Busch Light on back 9

U do realize Parsons isn't in here. U don't have to get ur nose so far up there u can see his molars. Settle old timer. Pxg don't out perform everything. It's been proven time and time again. Relax, spend ur money and drink ur vodka.

ย 

"ka-blah baby"

ย 

guess the extra cash goes to bigger logos.

ย 

Look better than the TM M4 or Ping G400

Haha surrreeeeee

ย 

I'm sorry you have the cash to play the driver the M4 is fugly.

Words are hard?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35โ€

Ugliest looking sole made in a while. Looks like a wal-mart box set. I donโ€™t know why obnoxious old rich guys think it is cool to buy overpriced clubs that perform the same or worse as others 1/3 the price......

?โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

I'm not an obnoxious old rich guy and I play them. 3 handi and I can play anything. They don't perform the same as clubs 1/3 the price they are better. Do you think all golfers that can play PXG are stupid? But we probably would drink high shelf vodka not Busch Light on back 9

ย 

Target demographic everyone.

I didn't know PXG signed ZZ Top

there's a joke in here...

ย 

if parsons had a beard...

'every girls crazy bout a sharp dressed man'...

ย 

nope, he dresses like turd and pays for the attractive women in his life. not really ZZ material.

ย 

FWIW

ZZ is the tail code for jets stationed at Kadena AB Okinawa Japan. Given Mr. Parson's affinity for military, using the MOS numbers to identify his previous clubs I wouldn't be surprised if that influenced him.

ย 

Fun fact ZZ also made an appearance in Star Wars Empire Strikes Back on the snowspeeders. One of the prop designers or whomever saw the tail codes assigned to military jets and ZZ caught his eye.

ย 

https://media.defense.gov/2015/Jun/18/2001066444/-1/-1/0/150616-F-UE455-273.JPG

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Probably the biggest understatement of the year on this forum. Anytime a PXG thread comes out it's a guarantee that you'll here from them. Everyone has different taste and different clubs that work for them. But you'll never read a thread about Epon or Muira or any other of the JDM's that have the same price tag with haters crying about the price or the performance of the clubs.

ย 

They don't run obnoxious ad's on TV talking about how they do it better than everyone else, that is what makes it hard to stomach, and fun to laugh at.

ย 

Yep Bob, got it all sorted, figured out how to make better clubs than Mizzy, Cally, TM, and all the others in just a few years, pound out a few lawsuits over golf tech patents (LMFAO).

ย 

It's too easy.

ย 

I have tested the irons multiple times with a top 100 fitter, they are a lesser club than Mizuno, and cost 3 times as much.

ย 

ย 

ย 

I will definitely agree with you on the commercials, they are way over the top.

ย 

And your right, he did figure out a way to make better clubs ( for some ) than Mizzy, Cally and TM.

ย 

I went through a fitting and tested all the irons listed above as well as many others. They were a lesser club than PXG's and cost is all relative.

ย 

What I spend on things is no one's business just like what others spend or are willing to spend is my business.

ย 

I have no qualm there, if they work for you, and you can afford them, enjoy the hell out of em. Just don't try and tell me it's better than everything else (Bob).

ย 

This is a bit funny to me. Every single golf company advertises their product as the best....

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5ย to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokeyย SM9 Rawย - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

?โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

?โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

ย 

I just donโ€™t comprehend how an iron that is <5% better, is worth paying 300% more for. But If you like them then thatโ€™s great. I am just a guy living in the real world where driving the price of equipment up, for the game I play, is a bad thing in my eyes.

"I'm sorry you have the cash to play the driver the M4 is fugly. Words are hard?"

ย 

youve heard parsons....words are hard.... lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7xย 

TM Sim2 max tour ย 16* GD ย ADHD 8xย 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5Tย 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70ย 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txย 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlockย 

Ugliest looking sole made in a while. Looks like a wal-mart box set. I don't know why obnoxious old rich guys think it is cool to buy overpriced clubs that perform the same or worse as others 1/3 the price......

โ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

ย 

I just don't comprehend how an iron that is <5% better, is worth paying 300% more for. But If you like them then that's great. I am just a guy living in the real world where driving the price of equipment up, for the game I play, is a bad thing in my eyes.

ย 

your math is off. It is 0% better than something comparable. it may suit a certain person better but realistically its not better, just more expensive.

So it looks like an adjustable head, why the need for a separate fade, neutral, and draw

driver? Why not just make one driver, that adjusts for the ball flight bias the user wants ?

ย 

Exactly. Fogure the extra cost to PXG to make 3 models when they could've kept it at one model that adjusts for all settings.

ย 

Of course this extra manufacturing and marketing cost is passed on to the folks who actually believe this will make their game any better.

ย 

Was paired with 2 guys last week with PXG drivers, decent players all around but couldn't keep a driver in the fw all day. #notimpressed

So it looks like an adjustable head, why the need for a separate fade, neutral, and draw

driver? Why not just make one driver, that adjusts for the ball flight bias the user wants ?

ย 

Exactly. Fogure the extra cost to PXG to make 3 models when they could've kept it at one model that adjusts for all settings.

ย 

Of course this extra manufacturing and marketing cost is passed on to the folks who actually believe this will make their game any better.

ย 

Was paired with 2 guys last week with PXG drivers, decent players all around but couldn't keep a driver in the fw all day. #notimpressed

ย 

ย 

Please don't flame me, I'm certainly not a PXG supporter. But I wanted to add my idea here.

ย 

I think since these clubs are basically only sold through proper fitting, it kind of makes sense to have separate heads to fit each player in to. I think it's smart to take the adjustability out of most players hands and fit them right and give them confidence but then leave the damn thing alone. Also, internal or permanent bias can be much more effective than any adjustments for most players. So it still makes sense to have different heads for different players depending on their natural swing and how they deliver to the ball. It's just not efficient under normal circumstances but, they can make it work because of the limited distribution.

Ugliest looking sole made in a while. Looks like a wal-mart box set. I don't know why obnoxious old rich guys think it is cool to buy overpriced clubs that perform the same or worse as others 1/3 the price......

๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

ย 

I just don't comprehend how an iron that is <5% better, is worth paying 300% more for. But If you like them then that's great. I am just a guy living in the real world where driving the price of equipment up, for the game I play, is a bad thing in my eyes.

ย 

your math is off. It is 0% better than something comparable. it may suit a certain person better but realistically its not better, just more expensive.

Lol!!! So makes my reasoning make even more sense..... Hmmm!!

The big issue is now if PXG prices their drivers at say $500, it makes them appear cheap and hurts their attempted image at being a premium brand. So they need to price their drivers at more then the other major golf companies and hope some people take the bait. With drivers it is just so difficult because there are so many good ones out there and the differences between them can be minimal.

ย 

Don't get me wrong, I did like PXG irons (still do to some point), but they were not worth the extra cost when I hit Mizuno irons substantially better. The extra cost wasn't worth the lack of performance.

The big issue is now if PXG prices their drivers at say $500, it makes them appear cheap and hurts their attempted image at being a premium brand. So they need to price their drivers at more then the other major golf companies and hope some people take the bait. With drivers it is just so difficult because there are so many good ones out there and the differences between them can be minimal.

ย 

Don't get me wrong, I did like PXG irons (still do to some point), but they were not worth the extra cost when I hit Mizuno irons substantially better. The extra cost wasn't worth the lack of performance.

ย 

ย 

It's been the same conversation since the company first popped up. Does a Rolex tell time better than a Timex? It's honestly a waste of time to even debate this topic. It's basically politics. You're either on one side or the other.

ย 

Myself, I only have two questions. 1. Is PXG on track to be a profitable business within it's first few years. 2. Does Bob Parsons even care?

• 3 months later...

About time for PXG to bring out the new 0811 Drivers!

XX, ZZ

ย 

No gimmicks (twisty face, prison break, thunder head, etc.) from PXG just solid performance!

ย 

http://www.golfwrx.c...onforming-list/

DRIVERS (TBD): ย PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,ย  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,ย  BLACK OPS STD 8*;ย ย Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s /ย Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:ย  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:ย  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;ย ย #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;ย ย #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;ย ย #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;ย ย #3 HYย 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX;ย #4 HYย 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite,ย 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXGย ย GEN6ย 0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW,ย LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311ย Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,ย  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold //ย STEWART GOLFย Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIEย SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

XX, ZZ

ย 

No gimmicks (twisty face, prison break, thunder head, etc.) from PXG just solid performance!

ย 

says the guy who has a rogue in his signature - with jailbreak, speed bumps or whatever designed by boeing.

ย 

smh

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35โ€

XX, ZZ

ย 

ย 

ย 

I think we will see a new line from then soon. Lots of their players are playing XX and XXF prototype drivers currently.

XX, ZZ

ย 

ย 

ย 

I think we will see a new line from then soon. Lots of their players are playing XX and XXF prototype drivers currently.

ย 

ย 

ย 

PXG makes excellent woods. I had the PXG 0811X driver and it beat out the TM M1 460 and M1 440 with better spin and carry for me.

Will definitely be looking at the new 0811 woods.

DRIVERS (TBD): ย PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,ย  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,ย  BLACK OPS STD 8*;ย ย Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s /ย Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:ย  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:ย  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;ย ย #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;ย ย #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;ย ย #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;ย ย #3 HYย 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX;ย #4 HYย 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite,ย 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXGย ย GEN6ย 0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW,ย LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311ย Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,ย  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold //ย STEWART GOLFย Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIEย SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope