Best Rain gear

chbrake

Got my Kjus gear. Dexter looks and feels amazing. Dorian vest looks great but maybe not needed. Will see.

Diamond fleece feels great but seemed to be long in the arms, anyone else get that?

Thinking about their radiation or retention jackets - any opinions?

The Dorian could just go in your bag for those times you could do with a wind layer. I got two Dorians but both halfzips, I don’t really do vests. One will go in the bag, another will be used on warmer, windy days. My DF doesn’t seem too long in the arms, you’re not a T-Rex are you?

Overall, it’s all very nice and thin, and non-restrictive. I’m really looking forward to using it. Still polo weather here atm.

I looked at the Radiation jacket but decided I have a UA Reactor that does that job and bought a Dweight instead which is seriously nice. Probably my favourite item I’ve bought, and I’ve bought a lot in the last month. Beans on toast for the next few months for me :)

Got my Kjus gear. Dexter looks and feels amazing. Dorian vest looks great but maybe not needed. Will see.

Diamond fleece feels great but seemed to be long in the arms, anyone else get that?

The Dorian could just go in your bag for those times you could do with a wind layer. I got two Dorians but both halfzips, I don't really do vests. One will go in the bag, another will be used on warmer, windy days. My DF doesn't seem too long in the arms, you're not a T-Rex are you?

Overall, it's all very nice and thin, and non-restrictive. I'm really looking forward to using it. Still polo weather here atm.

I looked at the Radiation jacket but decided I have a UA Reactor that does that job and bought a Dweight instead which is seriously nice. Probably my favourite item I've bought, and I've bought a lot in the last month. Beans on toast for the next few months for me :)

You Brits have some hilarious sayings.... I'm sure you feel the same towards Americans.... " Beans on toast" :taunt:

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Don’t you guys eat beans on toast as a particularly cheap and easy meal?

No.... Hot dog Soup would probably be the equivalent

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Don’t you guys eat beans on toast as a particularly cheap and easy meal?

mmmmmm. I remember being young and broke in London living off Beans and Toast, and Beans on Potatoes (Jacket Potatoes). Beans sold for 4p at Tesco in those days.

Got to say I fancy getting myself another Dexter in Atlanta blue, a jacket rather than a halfzip as a general golf jacket rather than just a waterproof. Hmm, ponders...

Ok, that’s out of the window, simply not paying £229 for another Dexter. I’ve moved my new burnt henna Kjus Dorian to my wardrobe as another ‘style’ alongside my Kjus Dweight softshell and GG Lance jacket. And I’ve bought a tomato red Kjus Dorian for £45 as my bag windproof to use as and when applicable. Not my first choice of colour, but it’ll go with pretty much everything in my wardrobe which is black, grey and red.

So my bag now contains a Nike Hyperadapt, a Kjus Dexter and a Kjus Dorian which should cover all eventualities on rain and needing to add another layer. I also bought a plain black Kjus Diamond Fleece for just £35 which may also go in the bag for eventualities.

Ha! (Probably off topic now, but there is some water resistancy in there, promise).

What's the role/point of the Hyperadapt??

The Dorian could just go in your bag for those times you could do with a wind layer. I got two Dorians but both halfzips, I don’t really do vests. One will go in the bag, another will be used on warmer, windy days. My DF doesn’t seem too long in the arms, you’re not a T-Rex are you?

Overall, it’s all very nice and thin, and non-restrictive. I’m really looking forward to using it. Still polo weather here atm.

I looked at the Radiation jacket but decided I have a UA Reactor that does that job and bought a Dweight instead which is seriously nice. Probably my favourite item I’ve bought, and I’ve bought a lot in the last month. Beans on toast for the next few months for me :)

I’m normally a Nike ho and wear L but I went with the 52 (XL). I’ll need to Koepka my guns to fill out the XL arms a bit!

Are windproof garments generally less breathable than waterproof ones like the Dexter? I assume that’s where the windproofness comes from?

Will get to try the new gear on the course tomorrow.

Got to say I fancy getting myself another Dexter in Atlanta blue, a jacket rather than a halfzip as a general golf jacket rather than just a waterproof. Hmm, ponders...

Ok, that’s out of the window, simply not paying £229 for another Dexter. I’ve moved my new burnt henna Kjus Dorian to my wardrobe as another ‘style’ alongside my Kjus Dweight softshell and GG Lance jacket. And I’ve bought a tomato red Kjus Dorian for £45 as my bag windproof to use as and when applicable. Not my first choice of colour, but it’ll go with pretty much everything in my wardrobe which is black, grey and red.

So my bag now contains a Nike Hyperadapt, a Kjus Dexter and a Kjus Dorian which should cover all eventualities on rain and needing to add another layer. I also bought a plain black Kjus Diamond Fleece for just £35 which may also go in the bag for eventualities.

Ha! (Probably off topic now, but there is some water resistancy in there, promise).

What's the role/point of the Hyperadapt??

That’s a very good question and perhaps why I’m looking for a different jacket that is more breathable. Last year the Hyperadapt was only used three or four times.

I also used the Dorian today as it was very windy when I got to the course. The first 3 or 4 holes are always windy for some reason, even on relatively still days. It took the chill out of the wind rather nicely, but I did take it off after about 6 holes as I was warm enough then. It has vents under the arms so I think this will be great as a windstopper when there’s a chill in the air.

I had a couple of holes just in a normal 1/4 zip before the rain hit hard, see post above. I kept the Dexter on until 15th, at which point I went home as I had stuff to do and I was only at the course for a practice.

Definitely considering getting a Pro 3L jacket too, but having spent a fortune on golf clothing this past month I think I’ll wait before shelling out £350. Oof.

The Dorian could just go in your bag for those times you could do with a wind layer. I got two Dorians but both halfzips, I don't really do vests. One will go in the bag, another will be used on warmer, windy days. My DF doesn't seem too long in the arms, you're not a T-Rex are you?

Overall, it's all very nice and thin, and non-restrictive. I'm really looking forward to using it. Still polo weather here atm.

I looked at the Radiation jacket but decided I have a UA Reactor that does that job and bought a Dweight instead which is seriously nice. Probably my favourite item I've bought, and I've bought a lot in the last month. Beans on toast for the next few months for me :)

I'm normally a Nike ho and wear L but I went with the 52 (XL). I'll need to Koepka my guns to fill out the XL arms a bit!

Are windproof garments generally less breathable than waterproof ones like the Dexter? I assume that's where the windproofness comes from?

Will get to try the new gear on the course tomorrow.

I find waterproof to be less breathable than windproof.

I also used the Dorian today as it was very windy when I got to the course. The first 3 or 4 holes are always windy for some reason, even on relatively still days. It took the chill out of the wind rather nicely, but I did take it off after about 6 holes as I was warm enough then. It has vents under the arms so I think this will be great as a windstopper when there’s a chill in the air.

I had a couple of holes just in a normal 1/4 zip before the rain hit hard, see post above. I kept the Dexter on until 15th, at which point I went home as I had stuff to do and I was only at the course for a practice.

Definitely considering getting a Pro 3L jacket too, but having spent a fortune on golf clothing this past month I think I’ll wait before shelling out £350. Oof.

Got good use out of the Dexter and Diamond today. Fleece kept me warm throughout.

Put the Dex on after 5 holes of drizzle so was a bit wet already. Seemed to have wetted out a bit around my shoulder straps, and I was using an umbrella but was very happy with the performance.

Want more Kjus gear!

Got good use out of the Dexter and Diamond today. Fleece kept me warm throughout.

Put the Dex on after 5 holes of drizzle so was a bit wet already. Seemed to have wetted out a bit around my shoulder straps, and I was using an umbrella but was very happy with the performance.

Want more Kjus gear!

Yeah, a bit wet today. Where did you play?

I’m definitely going to get a Pro 3L jacket when I find a bargain in either Atlanta, Black or Red.

I’ve managed to go from zero to eight Kjus items in a month.

Want more Kjus gear!

I’m definitely going to get a Pro 3L jacket when I find a bargain in either Atlanta, Black or Red.

West London Golf Club - it’s a 9 hole on the A40 but it’s pretty good and we go round twice but only pay for 9 ?‍♂️

Yeah I’ve had my eye on the Pro 3L too - the 50 in Atlanta can be £220 here if you use the promo code X-SALE18:

https://www.exxpozed.co.uk/kjus-men-pro-3l-jacket/

Want more Kjus gear!

West London Golf Club - it’s a 9 hole on the A40 but it’s pretty good and we go round twice but only pay for 9 ?‍♂️

Yeah I’ve had my eye on the Pro 3L too - the 50 in Atlanta can be £220 here if you use the promo code X-SALE18:

https://www.exxpozed.co.uk/kjus-men-pro-3l-jacket/

Yeah, was looking at that last night but I want a 52 which is considerably more expensive! I’ll keep my eye on them as they change prices regularly. I’ve found a grey one for about £160 in Austria which is tempting, but I’d prefer a different colour as my Dexter is grey.

Is that the course up near Hillingdon?

I’ve got weekday membership at Richmond Park, nothing special but for £12 per week I get to play two courses which are in good condition. Suits me perfectly as it’s only 20 minutes away. My work is early morning and late afternoons as I have a cat sitting business so most weeks can fit a round in in between.

Back on the lookout for another waterproof jacket unfortunately.

I bought a New Under Armour Storm 3 Gore-tex Jacket off ebay, it had its first use at the weekend in the worst weather I've ever played in, and in fairness it did a pretty good job of keeping the water out, I had a weird wet patch on my elbows but that was basically it. Unfortunately i couldn't deal with how restrictive the arms are on the jacket it is horrendously noisy. It had to come off by the 5th because i just couldnt swing in it. Swapped to a RLX waterproof i had and was drenched by the end of the hole.

Im looking for something lighter than what i have so the Ping Zero Gravity and KJUS Dexter from earlier in the thread sound quite appealing but how do they actually stand up to heavy rain? The KJUS is on offer at £99 in what i guess would be my size XL (42inch chest) but the Ping is almost half that as theres some decent deals on ebay for about half that. but which would you recommend?

Theres also some Ping Tour Eye jackets floating around a less money than the KJUS so thats another option

Driver - Taylormade M2 2016 9.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 65 TX
4 Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5 w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75 TX
Hybrid - Callaway Apex Pro 20* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage X
Irons - Ping i200 w/ Project X 6.0
Wedges - Vokey SM5 52:12 & 58:08 w/S400
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro 7 35"

I bought a New Under Armour Storm 3 Gore-tex Jacket off ebay, it had its first use at the weekend in the worst weather I've ever played in, and in fairness it did a pretty good job of keeping the water out, I had a weird wet patch on my elbows but that was basically it. Unfortunately i couldn't deal with how restrictive the arms are on the jacket it is horrendously noisy. It had to come off by the 5th because i just couldnt swing in it. Swapped to a RLX waterproof i had and was drenched by the end of the hole.

Im looking for something lighter than what i have so the Ping Zero Gravity and KJUS Dexter from earlier in the thread sound quite appealing but how do they actually stand up to heavy rain? The KJUS is on offer at £99 in what i guess would be my size XL (42inch chest) but the Ping is almost half that as theres some decent deals on ebay for about half that. but which would you recommend?

Theres also some Ping Tour Eye jackets floating around a less money than the KJUS so thats another option

Are you in the UK? If so then Kjus.com has the Dexter cheaper.

I have a 52 and I’m 42” chest. You won’t feel restricted. And it’s fully waterproof.

Yes I'm in the UK, thanks for the tip, makes it even cheaper!

Just seen there's a few Dexter's to choose from, 1/2 zip, full zip and also a tour edition. Is there any real difference between them apart from the obvious?

Thanks

Are you in the UK? If so then Kjus.com has the Dexter cheaper.

I have a 52 and I’m 42” chest. You won’t feel restricted. And it’s fully waterproof.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2016 9.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 65 TX
4 Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5 w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75 TX
Hybrid - Callaway Apex Pro 20* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage X
Irons - Ping i200 w/ Project X 6.0
Wedges - Vokey SM5 52:12 & 58:08 w/S400
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro 7 35"

Tour edition just has a logo on the breast, otherwise is the same.

I have a 1/2 zip, don’t know about the jacket. Does what I need it to do, although have only used it once, on Friday, it absoltely chucked it down for about 30 mins and it kept me completely dry.

I may get a jacket too, but I fancy one of the colours that isn’t discounted so I’ll wait on that.

1st go with the Pro Quip Stormforce PX6 jacket yesterday. Just cool and windy, no rain. The fit and fabric are perfect. Way more better than the FJ Tour Xp gear being replaced. Pro Quip marketing touts their proprietary fabric that feels like silk, spot on. Soft, supple, no rustle when swinging. Fit is close thru the body so no blouse effect when bent over to putt, plenty of freedom thru the armpits and shoulders.

Purchased thru Golfsupport.com, a U.K. firm. Pricing in U.S. dollars and shipping was fast and seamless. Thought $182.00 and $113.00 for the PX6 rain pants when purchased together is a pretty good deal.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

1st go with the Pro Quip Stormforce PX6 jacket yesterday. Just cool and windy, no rain. The fit and fabric are perfect. Way more better than the FJ Tour Xp gear being replaced. Pro Quip marketing touts their proprietary fabric that feels like silk, spot on. Soft, supple, no rustle when swinging. Fit is close thru the body so no blouse effect when bent over to putt, plenty of freedom thru the armpits and shoulders.

Purchased thru Golfsupport.com, a U.K. firm. Pricing in U.S. dollars and shipping was fast and seamless. Thought $182.00 and $113.00 for the PX6 rain pants when purchased together is a pretty good deal.

how do the pants fit? baggy like most rain pants or more like a traditional pant? Are they ok to be worn just over a base layer in winter or would you always wear them over regular pants?

Ive been thinking about picking the px6 up because of the price