Crossfield on staff with Titleist (MERGED)

jonsnow

Good for him. I enjoy his content including his reviews. I guess it's bound to happen as he got more popular. Sponsorships being what they are, I certainly would be mindful of it when watching future reviews. But whatever, the main point of most of his reviews are that your skill overrides most technology in golf equipment.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see any problems here.

Who knows if his entire game will be ruined with contracted clubs? lol.

I will just enjoy his channel as always.

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

Wow - He's been gaming the Callaway SubZero driver most of 2017 and now he's gaming a Titleist driver that I assume he already passed on before signing with Titleist.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

Bit surprising but shouldn't change his channel too much. His vlogs are just goofing on each other and have really dissolved into nonsense allot anyway. His club testing is pretty tame as he just says every club is the same as others and is dependent on the holder. Still really enjoy his vlogs but hopefully they'll improve some work better teaching points. Shane he'll lose his G25 rinky dink hybrid (I use the same one), but I'm sure titliest will give him great stuff. Good luck to him.

His reviews aren't anything special. He basically goes out on the course and shows that he can play well with anything and the club doesn't matter. Some of his indoor live tests with Dan were decent. I feel like he gets a little too comfortable in his videos and try's too hard to be funny. The guy Ray, regardless of how much they try to prove it, is no more a 7 than I am Tiger Woods. The guy is off the planet most of the time. He must figure his cap like most do on here. Regardless I still think his channel is the best for golf. Those guys from CA, golfaholics I believe, do some wonderful course vlogs. I wish crossfield could edit a video like they do.

huh ! :swoon: I've read this five times and I'm still perplexed. It reads like I'm getting direction to a candy store from forrest Gump

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

WHO. CARES.

I do. But thanks for caring enough to stop in & tell us you don't care...

It was a play on Titleist advertising like the tag line for AP2 PURE. GOLD. or for the CB MODERN. CLASSIC.

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

I’m more afraid to see him becoming a Michael Breed, whose defense of the Pro V while the Kirklands were having their momentum was very cheesy and bordering into fanatic and unprofessional.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Good for him to sign with Titleist. His reviews are always interesting in that never seems to down vote a club. He always seems to point out what a club seems to be doing, how he's thinking about using it, and who he thinks it could play well for. Overall, his point is that its the Indian and not the arrow, and that certain clubs will give some slight variation depending on the golfer, but 262 is 262, and everything else after that is marketing.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7x

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4i DG 120 X100

Callaway Apex CB 5i-PW DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54D/60S DG S300

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

I am a fan and I know there are many others on here. Was a little surprised with his announcement; coming in 2018 he is going all Titleist.

For those like myself this is surprising:

First, who hasn't enjoyed his "find my truvis" campaign? Cannot help but wonder if Titleist will produce some Pro V1x's with his face on them.

Secondly, he has loved his Versa 9 forever. But an all Titleist bag will men it will finally have to go.

And finally wonder what this means for Coach. He's an employee of Mark's and I would guess that was why he signed with Callaway before. Cannot help but wonder if Matthew will also be bagging some Titleist clubs. (REALLY hoping that they don't split up - I noticed that Mark didn't mention Coach in his what's coming up in 2018 vid)

I look forward to all of Mark's vids. Going to be interesting to see how he is able to perform with his new Titleist equipment. (Although with his swing there is little doubt he could shoot well with just about anything in the bag) Just really interesting to me to see the OEM's taking care of the bigger YT names and using them for marketing in much the same way the tour pros get signed.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these changes?

Edit: Didn't see the other thread in "Equipment" on this subject. My apologies to the Mods.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

In my mind, golf reviews are all one in the same now. I like how Crossfielf always gives the subtle jab about testing clubs in the elements and how he can see that a club is playable regardless of properly fitted. He has the qualms with a few things on every product but it’s jever enough for him to say, “don’t buy this...”. He will probably not really ever say that. If he has, ive missed it.

The hook up through titleist is probably what you will see a lot of youtubers executing. I don’t expect him to sell out. I fully expect him to be brutally honest with anything else coming out as he stated in his video.

I am surprised he is going ProV1X. He used regular chromesofts which were lower compression than their X version. Odd how that worked.

Either way, it’s a good thing for golf. Having crossfield on your staff is only a plus. The guy plays, doesn’t tolerate the bullxxxx, calls it how it is, and throws some hard sarcasm and wit in there. Having the smartest guy on your team is always a plus.

I was liking his new on course reviews but they have gotten less about the equipment imo. Its neat to see they perform in real world situations but he seems less interested in the actual clubs and more interested in how the videography looks.

I want to know all the clubs tech, shaft options etc. then provide playability review.

You've missed his point then. It IS about how they perform on course. Banging shots on a sim indoors, excluding the poor strikes, fretting about 200rpm of spin, and pontificating about materials and CG locations mean nothing if you can't play them on a golf course. And talking about shafts and marketing fud aren't constructive.

I still like his videos. Not a big fan of dan...seems like a nice guy but doesn't bring much from an entertainment standpoint.

His reviews though, not sure he can really credibly keep doing them. He has NOTHING titleist in his bag. And the 917 performed worse for him than the 915, which begs the question why he would play them now, except for getting paid, of course.

Finally, as for people calling him a sell out, I guess let me know when an equipment company offers you a bunch of money to play their clubs and you turn them down. It's not like the guy lives some sort of extravagant life style.

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters

I’m very interested in hearing more about this. The two clubs that are most interesting are his putter (odyssey versa) and his rinky dink (ping g20) that he has constantly kept near a dear. I wonder if they are completely out or if he’s able to keep them. I’m a huge fan of his but just not quite sold on how this can work out as it seems completely opposite of his message over the last couple years. As others have said it is obviously an awesome and lucrative opportunity for him. Can’t wait to see what tour pros he’s able to gain access too.

I’m very interested in hearing more about this. The two clubs that are most interesting are his putter (odyssey versa) and his rinky dink (ping g20) that he has constantly kept near a dear. I wonder if they are completely out or if he’s able to keep them. I’m a huge fan of his but just not quite sold on how this can work out as it seems completely opposite of his message over the last couple years. As others have said it is obviously an awesome and lucrative opportunity for him. Can’t wait to see what tour pros he’s able to gain access too.

My thoughts exactly. He is the reason I went out and gave the Odyssey #9 a few tries at the store. I didn’t get the same exact model as him but I did get a #9 and life has been good.

And another poster said it right, he didn’t get on that well with the 917 driver. But, everyone can be fitted. Whether it’s changing lofts, shafts, different shaft measurements etc. the club fitting process can be extensive.

I’m sure he will be using the MBs through and through from 5-PW. I just wish he wasn’t using the most overrated ball in golf.

as he is all about performance... i wonder what happens, if he tests a club that works better for him. he can't put a (lets just say) a M3 driver in his bag now? or can he?

This. When was the last time a Titelist driver performed better than a TM or Callaway. They make solid clubs but their woods in particular are middle of the road in terms of looks, "tech" and performance.

Think he might be Mr 257 now...

I am happy for him, let's see the reviews!!!!

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

If he signed with Mizuno I would understand as he is a huge fan of their irons for years. Crossfield has gone to the dark side and sold out.

I've already unsubbed from his Youtube Channel.

Long live Shiels....

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."