2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

My wife has been a DCPA season ticket holder (six seats) for about 10 years now. She has 12 seats for Hamilton (members were able to get two seats for every season seat they have). Eighth row center. I know her regular group will use the first six, but if she doesn’t get rid of all of them, I’ll post them here.

Add me on that list if you have some come up. Wife was not able to get them.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a Winter golf question. This is my first year here in the Denver area and I am from South Texas. The ability to play golf in January was a pleasant surprise. Just curious, do most people find their handicap or scoring average go up a few shots in the Winter months? For me, it seems impossible to get the ball close with hard greens, etc. The bumpy greens usually do not help me make many putts either. But, the ball will run a mile in the fairway and the rough is usually not too bad to hit from, so you do have advantages.

With that, do you see your scoring average go up a stroke or two or do you adjust and it stays the same?

Thanks,

Trent

You can't post scores to your GHIN handicap in winter months. The official Colorado golf season is between March 15 and November 14th. So from November 15-March 14, you're not allowed to post any scores.

I use a separate app (Diablo Golf) SOLELY for tracking my game during the winter months. It's not an official handicap or anything, so I just enter my scores during the off season. Funny enough, I personally play a lot better in winter. The hard ground gives me super big drives and sets me up nice. And I like slower greens that you can really hammer the putts to the hole. I've already played 5 rounds of golf in January, and 3 of them I've shot in the 70's. I shot an 80/83 when I went to Vegas in the warmer weather.

Interesting. I am having a hard time getting the ball close to hole! You must be great at running it up and knowing the firmness of the ground. As for Driving, yeah, it is fun. It will roll forever right now.

Well not being able to play right now with the snow.... toss out a new topic. Anyone upgrading anything in the BAG for the new season???

I would love to pick up the Epic or Rogue with the right shaft combo. Also, the murdered out SM7 wedges look sexy and I am lusting over a set. (Even though I don't need them!)

I just picked up an EPIC off Callaway pre-own website when they had the sale going and I had another 10% off coupon that worked based on when I bought my 16' Apex Pro's 2 years ago. Paid $190.00 shipped...had to try it for that price. It said like "new" and the thing was still wrapped in plastic on the head...!!! They also sell shafts too so just snag'd a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X for it and the combo is SOOO sweet. Pretty much done for clubs for year. If your looking for a Callaway club....check pre-owned section from time to time...some killer deals.

I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Well not being able to play right now with the snow.... toss out a new topic. Anyone upgrading anything in the BAG for the new season???

I'm due for a new driver, so that should be fun to get, and probably will grab a new 3 wood. Need to replace my 56* too, not a big fan of my current one.

Man, now that I actually type that out...

My wife has been a DCPA season ticket holder (six seats) for about 10 years now. She has 12 seats for Hamilton (members were able to get two seats for every season seat they have). Eighth row center. I know her regular group will use the first six, but if she doesn’t get rid of all of them, I’ll post them here.

Interested in two as well (if they're ever up for grabs).

Hello Coloradoianianians :)

Does anyone know if this eBay seller (house of golf) has an actual shop? https://www.ebay.com/usr/house_of_golf?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I've seen some interesting sets from him over the past while and thought if I ended up in Denver later this year, it might be worth a check in.

Thanks!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I'm due for a new driver, so that should be fun to get, and probably will grab a new 3 wood. Need to replace my 56* too, not a big fan of my current one.

I can't say enough about the Mizuno JPX900 driver.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I have to amend my answer on this. With TaylorMade announcing the P790 UDI 2-iron coming to market for the general public, I'm definitely going to be looking into getting one.

Not really planning on anything. May give the new Mizuno wedges a try and maybe the JPX900 3wood since I like the driver so much. Can't see changing anything else.

Looks like Sunday is going to be 55 degrees... I just booked a single at Green Valley Ranch at 11:32. The other 3 spots are open if anyone wants to join.

As of a few weeks ago they were cart path only, due to how dry everything is. I definitely plan on walking this time, since cart path only sucks.

Will the snow be gone by then? We still have a ton of it in Parker.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

What options are there in the area for non-stroke play, competitive golf?

I'd love to play in some match play events. Or odd things like playing with a limited bag tournament, events where they convert the course to play as 9/18 par 3's, etc etc. I know the CGA does match play events, but for some reason I don't really like the thought of the CGA. Their website doesn't really answer the questions I have about the organization.

Do I just have to go around and check out each golf course individually for events they might be holding?

Does anyone know if this eBay seller (house of golf) has an actual shop? https://www.ebay.com...=p2047675.l2559

I've seen some interesting sets from him over the past while and thought if I ended up in Denver later this year, it might be worth a check in.

Thanks!

Never heard of it nor seen a store that matches. Seems like some decent pricing

Looks like Sunday is going to be 55 degrees... I just booked a single at Green Valley Ranch at 11:32. The other 3 spots are open if anyone wants to join.

As of a few weeks ago they were cart path only, due to how dry everything is. I definitely plan on walking this time, since cart path only sucks.

Will the snow be gone by then? We still have a ton of it in Parker.

I'm hoping so... looks like the forecast is for high 50's on Thursday so that should help get rid of it. I won't be surprised to see remnants of snow drifts in bunkers, but hopefully the course should be open and playable. No complaints about January golfing. The GVR website has a course conditions section on the first page at the bottom that says if they're open or not.

Does anyone know if this eBay seller (house of golf) has an actual shop? https://www.ebay.com...=p2047675.l2559

Thanks!

Never heard of it nor seen a store that matches. Seems like som decent pricing

Looks like some guys garage. If I had to guess, seller could be affiliated with Lenny's Golf. I don't think there are any other small shops in the Denver area anymore.

I'd love to play in some match play events. Or odd things like playing with a limited bag tournament, events where they convert the course to play as 9/18 par 3's, etc etc. I know the CGA does match play events, but for some reason I don't really like the thought of the CGA. Their website doesn't really answer the questions I have about the organization.

Do I just have to go around and check out each golf course individually for events they might be holding?

Still check the CGA website as they'll post tournaments around the state for local golf courses. The CGA is not affiliated with those tournaments but as of right now it looks like they only have 4 posted. I'd assume by end of March you could find a tournament every week but finding a 4 club or match play will be tough outside of a men's club. Maybe we could do WRX 4 club match play tournament?!

Hamilton Update: My wife has 4 tickets yet unclaimed for the Sunday, March 11th matinee (I think it’s 2:00). She still needs to hear from some of her regular crew. She’ll push the issue with them this weekend and let me know availability.

Keep me updated. I'd love to buy a pair if they're up for grabs.

Our daughter (first kid) was born at the end of October. Have only got 9 holes and one range session in since then and am dieing to get out. Going to play this Friday in the Springs, good weather or not. How is the weather up in Denver? Do you have snow or are the courses open this week?

I think the weather will be pushing 60s on Friday. Not sure of course conditions but I think most courses will still have quite a bit snow this weekend.

Hamilton Update: My wife has 4 tickets yet unclaimed for the Sunday, March 11th matinee (I think it’s 2:00). She still needs to hear from some of her regular crew. She’ll push the issue with them this weekend and let me know availability.

If you have any extras, I'd love to take my mom. My wife and I have season tickets, so we're lucky enough to go, but since we're a first year subscriber, we weren't able to get in on the pre-sale unfortunately. I was hoping to log on when they went on sale, but I was in a class all day, and it doesn't sound like I would have had much luck anyway!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I can't say enough about the Mizuno JPX900 driver.

Will definitely add that to the mix when testing. So far my short list to test includes the Rogue/Epic, F7/F8, G400, M2/M3, and JPX900. I hit a demo 917 D2 on the range the other day and didn't like it, so probably won't revisit that. Hopefully one of last year's models will work best so I can snag a deal but if not, oh well.

When I was fit last year the F7 was the clear winner, but that was early in the year and since then my handicap dropped by 5 strokes and my swing changed a bunch. So I'm curious what will work for me best now.

When I was a member of Kennedy Men's Club, we had all sorts of non-stroke play tournaments.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)