2018 Club Cameron Releases

What makes this release so disappointing to me is how good some of the Masters releases have been from other manufacturers this year. Like everybody else has been stepping up their game, and Scotty has been dismal this year.

That being said, I still bought the putter cover and the completely un-Masters-related ball marker.

Not to be a jerk here, but THIS is why, in my opinion, they haven't put forth the effort or stepping up their game. Again no offense here, but people like you, that acknowledge the disappointment and unrelated "Masters" items but those same people BUY and BUY until the items are sold out, due to those items being......SCOTTY CAMERON!!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes this release so disappointing to me is how good some of the Masters releases have been from other manufacturers this year. Like everybody else has been stepping up their game, and Scotty has been dismal this year.

That being said, I still bought the putter cover and the completely un-Masters-related ball marker.

Not to be a jerk here, but THIS is why, in my opinion, they haven't put forth the effort or stepping up their game. Again no offense here, but people like you, that acknowledge the disappointment and unrelated "Masters" items but those same people BUY and BUY until the items are sold out, due to those items being......SCOTTY CAMERON!!

You're 100% right...why put more effort into these items if they're going to sell either way?

I cant fully agree.....the majority of people that buy these unpopular covers are the ones that just try and flip them because they are Camerons. I have been following this thread (and the prior 2017) for almost a year and most on here buy what they like not to flip (unless its a stand bag....guilty!). I still like most of the accessories that are being released and I buy the things I like. The Mardi Grai didnt sell out for a month, I would think if Scotty sees his covers dont sell out or hang around for weeks he would address it

I cant fully agree.....the majority of people that buy these unpopular covers are the ones that just try and flip them because they are Camerons. I have been following this thread (and the prior 2017) for almost a year and most on here buy what they like not to flip (unless its a stand bag....guilty!). I still like most of the accessories that are being released and I buy the things I like. The Mardi Grai didnt sell out for a month, I would think if Scotty sees his covers dont sell out or hang around for weeks he would address it

Doesn't matter what the majority of people that are buying the covers are doing with them. The fact of the matter is they are selling out. No reason to change.

That looks like a South Park character.

Ping G400 Max 9* PX HZRDUS Yellow 63 6.0

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Ben Hogan Icon 4-P S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12 TI S400

Ping Anser Milled 2

I don't disagree with you that Scotty doesn't have to up his game if everybody keeps buying his stuff anyway even after acknowledging how underwhelming it is. Though I'm more guilty of that when it comes to Masters items rather than Scotty items. I passed on all the Scotty releases until now (after returning the Mardi Gras cover), but there haven't been too many Masters special releases from any manufacturer I follow that I have passed on. I'm also a sucker for Tiffany blue thanks to my wife.

But as long as Scotty remains popular, it's such a safe purchase because if you decide at some point you really don't like it, you can get back a good chunk of what you bought it for, if not more. I think there are many things that people buy irrationally and blindly, and good for the companies that can get people to do that. Those are the companies I buy stock in (thank you Apple and Starbucks).

So ultimately, that does make me part of the problem, but it's not a problem I feel particularly strongly about solving. If Scotty stuff continues to decline, it's good we have so many other choices.

I personally like both the covers, but agree the entire release doesn't really feel like a masters release. The Arnie covers last year were great.

I agree, both covers are solid/fun designs. With a little contrast on the background from the Trees this would have been WAY better though. Perhaps a pinestraw yellow/brown...

plenty have cancelled their order. never heard of them NOT cancelling an order obviously unless it's shipped.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Got the cover.......... not the special release. DAMN!!! Love to see if anybody gets one.

Cobra Speedzone 9* Project X Yellow Smoke 6.0

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 58/04

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5

Finally got a shipping confirmation in the club kit...

1/3 - 4/11

thanks for the reminder. 1/22 and no shipping confirmation ???

Driver...TM Sim Max..Ventus Black-S
TM....Sim Max Ti 3 Wood w/Hulk-70 gram-s
TM..Stage 2 w/Speeder HB-80-S
MP20  MPs w/$-Tapper 120-S 4PW
Mizuno T20 52*, 58* PM Grind
Scotty Cameron Big Sur Pro Platinum 
Ping Crazy-E lite 
Pro v1

Finally got a shipping confirmation in the club kit...

1/3 - 4/11

thanks for the reminder. 1/22 and no shipping confirmation

Lol yeah I am 1/12...going on week 13...pretty insane

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Didn't get a special in my order. But I am the lucky recipient of a tech polo with a snag and hole in the sleeve fresh out of the packaging. Now I get to deal with customer service on an exchange. If they even have any left at this point.

Didn't get a special in my order. But I am the lucky recipient of a tech polo with a snag and hole in the sleeve fresh out of the packaging. Now I get to deal with customer service on an exchange. If they even have any left at this point.

oh boy. lucky you.

fzg3w.jpg

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

oh boy. lucky you.

They replied to my email within 30 minutes! Of course they requested pictures but I'm just shocked in the speed.

oh boy. lucky you.

They replied to my email within 30 minutes! Of course they requested pictures but I'm just shocked in the speed.

Yeah that is really quick. Their customer service is pretty pathetic

• 3 weeks later...

Every item besides the towel is “Fully Reserved” for me. I clicked immediately with the Twitter Notification, before the email came.

What a mess.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5