New Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X

Just spotted these on the Japanese website. Also in yellow, and I'm 100% sure we will see some Truvis as well. According to the test program Callaway had for the Callaway community, these will be available in US and EU too (I assume so as you could choose from a normal and an X).

Something with inserted Graphene? Now hoping the Chrome X Soft releases soon too.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told by a local golf tech that these new Chrome Soft and CSX are going to be closer to ProV1 prices. Seems like this would cost them a significant portion of their appeal, but definitely would be unfortunate to CS lovers.

unfortunate. i think this is a mistake.

Sergio ain't cheap..... Gotta pay the pro's off the backs of the loyal followers

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping Anser 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20 50 , 54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

I used them in a round about a month ago. It was the new CS...not the X. I gained about 10-15 yards off the tee. The feel was exceptional. I will be making the switch when they come out.

I actually forgot to mention, the same person who told me about the cost increase also said that they were significantly longer off the tee. I'm at least glad to hear of this part. At the moment I find TP5 to be the longest premium ball for me, but the price point mixed with performance made the current CS the winner in my bag. Might switch to TP5 if my tech is right about the price increase, though.

Going to come down to CSX, TP5 or new ProV for me this year.

SIM Max 9* | Ventus Black 6x

SIM Ti 19* | Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Cobra Speedzone 18.5* | Accra FX 2.0 380M5

Titleist 818H1 | Ventus blue 10x

i210 5-PW | X100 Tour Issue 1xSS

Ping Glide 3.0 50/12, 54/12 | S400 Tour Issue

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60/10 | S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Cleveland SOFT Premier #4 (Compass Golf Co. Custom Atwood incoming!!)

ProV1x

2016 - '17 B330 user, here, but have dabbled with the 2017 Pro V1 (formerly a <2017 V1 X user) and both the newer 2017 CS and CSX. Actually love the feel of both the newer Cally's, but would be interested in this 2018 version. Biggest complaint with the prior Cally's was the shorter distances off the tee. Have not tried the B300 replacement yet, (B X and B XS) so we'll see but it sounds like the switch may have to be to the newer Tour B XS version due to lack of spin in the B X version.

PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

They are going to be $44 USD a dozen.

[size=3][b][u]Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff[/u]

Mavrik Max- Helium Proto 4F5
Mavrik Max 3+ - Lin-Q 7F4
Mavrik 5W - Lin-Q 6F4
Apex 19 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
Apex Pro 19 5-9 - Custom Recoil Prototype 95
MD5 JAWS 46,52,56,60 - Custom Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Odyssey Triple Track Ten Putter
Chrome Soft X Triple Track[/b][/size]

They are going to be $44 USD a dozen.

Have you tried the new ball yet? if so, is the new ball worth the cost jump? I chose the CSX last year solely because it was $5.00 cheaper than the TP5.

I’ve had a few sleeves for a month or so but the weather got poor before I got a chance to hit them. I’ve smacked them indoors but you can’t tell much from that!

[size=3][b][u]Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff[/u]

Mavrik Max- Helium Proto 4F5
Mavrik Max 3+ - Lin-Q 7F4
Mavrik 5W - Lin-Q 6F4
Apex 19 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
Apex Pro 19 5-9 - Custom Recoil Prototype 95
MD5 JAWS 46,52,56,60 - Custom Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Odyssey Triple Track Ten Putter
Chrome Soft X Triple Track[/b][/size]

Just spotted these on the Japanese website. Also in yellow, and I'm 100% sure we will see some Truvis as well. According to the test program Callaway had for the Callaway community, these will be available in US and EU too (I assume so as you could choose from a normal and an X).

Something with inserted Graphene? Now hoping the Chrome X Soft releases soon too.

I love the Chrome Soft X. I was a Pro V1 guy and play Titleist but the Chrome Soft X is longer for me, just as soft and CHEAPER!!!!

Didn't like the X, like the Tru Vis black and yellow a lot, especially when putting. BUT I played the new Pro V1 last summer as well and absolutely loved it. I found it a better wind ball than the Tru Vis and liked it better off the tee, but those Tru Vis balls combined with my old Legacy Black Callaways were absolute spin machines from the fairway and stopped deader than dead.

I've been told by a local golf tech that these new Chrome Soft and CSX are going to be closer to ProV1 prices. Seems like this would cost them a significant portion of their appeal, but definitely would be unfortunate to CS lovers.

unfortunate. i think this is a mistake.

I agree. At the previous price point they could make some noise versus Titleist. If they are the same price, people will probably purchase the ProV.

Not sure about the talk of CS being shorter. I liked the X better than regular CS but never saw much difference. I only noticed it was slightly shorter than my MTB, but all balls have been slightly shorter than MTB...

Mtb? Csx gave me half club more on irons and loved the feel. $44 = ? cally

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Didn't like the X, like the Tru Vis black and yellow a lot, especially when putting. BUT I played the new Pro V1 last summer as well and absolutely loved it. I found it a better wind ball than the Tru Vis and liked it better off the tee, but those Tru Vis balls combined with my old Legacy Black Callaways were absolute spin machines from the fairway and stopped deader than dead.

Cally needs to make a Cardinal and Gold Tru Vis.

?

Every other benefit story about technology using graphene is usually about it's strength/weight and flex. I'm curious to hear how it plays a role in a better golf ball?

And 10-15 yards off the tee!? C'mon

Just more of the same and all too familiar BS hype. This leaking/rumors seems so similar to when the original HEX Chrome balls came out when they were supposed to be a legitimate 10-15 yards longer than every other ball. And of course they weren't.

To be fair it's just not Callaway. It's every OEM with every new ball and club released in spite of the equipment limits. Yet so many people (especially here) keep believing it. At the end of the day the new Callaway balls MIGHT be better that the last balls they released. Isn't this at least the third time Callaway has come out with a new ball that changed the ball that changed the ball? Seems the original "ball that changed the ball" didn't. Shocking. :/