GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!! (MERGED)

Longshot400

GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!!!!

I strongly advise against doing business with George Gankas or ggswingtips. I have not had an in person lesson with him, but I paid to be in the ggswingtips private coaching group. I have interacted with both George and his support team in attempt to resolve an issue, and I can show that George demonstrated dishonesty and lack of integrity in his business dealings with me and in how he gains online group clients.

MY EXPERIENCE:

I signed up with the intent of doing one month of the private coaching group, not realizing it was a subscription (my error). In that first month, I posted multiple videos but never received the advertised service of receiving instructor feedback. I thought I was done with the group until I saw a charge for a second month to my card. I contacted the admin profile of the site, "George Gankas" (note the quotation marks), and asked if he could refund my money for the second month and cancel my subscription (deciding to cut my losses from the first month). He replied back and said he would cancel it and that his support team would be in touch (SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOTS). Two months later, to my surprise, I had 2 more charges to my card. I contacted Jake Gilmer about this and he cancelled my subscription (thanks for the help, Jake), but he referred me to support to get the refund sorted out. I reached out to the support team and clearly explained my problem, but I received a very dismissive and argumentative reply from them. I explained that I had a conversation with the "George Gankas" account that is the admin for the private coaching group (and provided screenshots) and I was met with another combative reply (SEE EMAIL SCREENSHOTS). I sent the "George Gankas" Facebook account a message detailing this, but I didn't receive a reply after a few days and I sent a message to his Instagram account. I have attached my entire Instagram message history with him (no messages deleted). (SEE INSTAGRAM SCREENSHOTS)

SIDENOTE: The reason I use quotes when referring to the "George Gankas" account is because it is NOT operated by George at all. George and his ggswingtips team are deceiving the paying online clients by heavily insinuating that they are receiving instruction from George Gankas 'himself.' Having someone other than George comment on the videos under a Facebook profile with George's name and face is intentionally deceptive, and while it may be legal, is not a practice that any respectable business would practice much less condone. He admits to this in his Instagram conversation with me in a few ways (SEE INSTAGRAM SCREENSHOTS):

1. He said he doesn't have access to Facebook and that Andrew Fischer is in charge of the Facebook

2. He admitted to never seeing any of my Facebook message and says "looks like my guy who responded to you was really nice to you" (I.e. Someone else is behind the Facebook account).

3. If you look closely at the sign up for the private coaching Facebook group on his website, you will see that they never explicitly state that you will receive instruction from George. People are definitely lead to believe otherwise, especially with them using the his name and face on the admin Facebook account.

MY EXPERIENCE CONTINUED: George seemed to be helpful initially. He said he would talk to his team and get back to me on the weekend. I asked for an update on Sunday (Jan 7) and told me he would get back to me on Monday. Having already been through a miserable experience with his support team and sensing that he was stalling, I made it very clear to him that I expected a reasonable and timely response by stating my plans to take legal action if this wasn't solved in a week (probably sounds excessive for a $72 matter, but I was fed up with their treatment of me I feel the need to stand strong against these business practices). He responded defensively and said he would give me a call after talking to them Monday. I didn't hear from him all day asked him when he was planning on calling so that I could schedule aside time. He didn't reply, so I sent him a message on Tuesday night asking for an update, but I noticed shortly after sending that he BLOCKED me.

In this interaction, it is apparent that:

1. George never intended to help in the first place and thought he would get away with flaking (Instagram conversation)

2. George doesn't feel any responsibility to honor his word or the word of others to whom he has entrusted use of his image/name (I.e not honoring October FB messages with "George" and at least giving a 2 month refund). I feel that this is a very strong case for a refund.

3. George doesn't stand behind the quality of his service. Any respectable business would give a refund if they didn't provide the advertised service (I.e no instructor feedback). I think this is my weakest point towards getting a refund, but is still valid nonetheless.

I am NOT disputing the George's knowledge or abilities as a teaching professional, nor am I saying that the administrator comments on the ggswingtips private coaching group aren't benefiting people. I AM sharing my experience supported by factual evidence in order to prevent other people from getting ripped off by George Gankas and his team and to expose the dishonesty and lack of integrity that they demonstrate in their approach to business.

GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!!!!

I strongly advise against doing business with George Gankas or ggswingtips. I have not had an in person lesson with him, but I paid to be in the ggswingtips private coaching group. I have interacted with both George and his support team in attempt to resolve an issue, and I can show that George demonstrated dishonesty and lack of integrity in his business dealings with me and in how he gains online group clients.

MY EXPERIENCE:

I signed up with the intent of doing one month of the private coaching group, not realizing it was a subscription (my error). In that first month, I posted multiple videos but never received the advertised service of receiving instructor feedback. I thought I was done with the group until I saw a charge for a second month to my card. I contacted the admin profile of the site, "George Gankas" (note the quotation marks), and asked if he could refund my money for the second month and cancel my subscription (deciding to cut my losses from the first month). He replied back and said he would cancel it and that his support team would be in touch (SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOTS). Two months later, to my surprise, I had 2 more charges to my card. I contacted Jake Gilmer about this and he cancelled my subscription (thanks for the help, Jake), but he referred me to support to get the refund sorted out. I reached out to the support team and clearly explained my problem, but I received a very dismissive and argumentative reply from them. I explained that I had a conversation with the "George Gankas" account that is the admin for the private coaching group (and provided screenshots) and I was met with another combative reply (SEE EMAIL SCREENSHOTS). I sent the "George Gankas" Facebook account a message detailing this, but I didn't receive a reply after a few days and I sent a message to his Instagram account. I have attached my entire Instagram message history with him (no messages deleted). (SEE INSTAGRAM SCREENSHOTS)

SIDENOTE: The reason I use quotes when referring to the "George Gankas" account is because it is NOT operated by George at all. George and his ggswingtips team are deceiving the paying online clients by heavily insinuating that they are receiving instruction from George Gankas 'himself.' Having someone other than George comment on the videos under a Facebook profile with George's name and face is intentionally deceptive, and while it may be legal, is not a practice that any respectable business would practice much less condone. He admits to this in his Instagram conversation with me in a few ways (SEE INSTAGRAM SCREENSHOTS):

1. He said he doesn't have access to Facebook and that Andrew Fischer is in charge of the Facebook

2. He admitted to never seeing any of my Facebook message and says "looks like my guy who responded to you was really nice to you" (I.e. Someone else is behind the Facebook account).

3. If you look closely at the sign up for the private coaching Facebook group on his website, you will see that they never explicitly state that you will receive instruction from George. People are definitely lead to believe otherwise, especially with them using the his name and face on the admin Facebook account.

MY EXPERIENCE CONTINUED: George seemed to be helpful initially. He said he would talk to his team and get back to me on the weekend. I asked for an update on Sunday (Jan 7) and told me he would get back to me on Monday. Having already been through a miserable experience with his support team and sensing that he was stalling, I made it very clear to him that I expected a reasonable and timely response by stating my plans to take legal action if this wasn't solved in a week (probably sounds excessive for a $72 matter, but I was fed up with their treatment of me I feel the need to stand strong against these business practices). He responded defensively and said he would give me a call after talking to them Monday. I didn't hear from him all day asked him when he was planning on calling so that I could schedule aside time. He didn't reply, so I sent him a message on Tuesday night asking for an update, but I noticed shortly after sending that he BLOCKED me.

In this interaction, it is apparent that:

1. George never intended to help in the first place and thought he would get away with flaking (Instagram conversation)

2. George doesn't feel any responsibility to honor his word or the word of others to whom he has entrusted use of his image/name (I.e not honoring October FB messages with "George" and at least giving a 2 month refund). I feel that this is a very strong case for a refund.

3. George doesn't stand behind the quality of his service. Any respectable business would give a refund if they didn't provide the advertised service (I.e no instructor feedback). I think this is my weakest point towards getting a refund, but is still valid nonetheless.

I am NOT disputing the George's knowledge or abilities as a teaching professional, nor am I saying that the administrator comments on the ggswingtips private coaching group aren't benefiting people. I AM sharing my experience supported by factual evidence in order to prevent other people from getting ripped off by George Gankas and his team and to expose the dishonesty and lack of integrity that they demonstrate in their approach to business.

Customer Service can take a nose dive when you start to rely on outside agencies to run things. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

What legal action do you plan to take?

That will depend on the outcome of the credit card dispute. It's still TBD. Besides, I gave George my word that he had a week to solve this problem reasonably, and he still has 4 days left. Maybe he will recognize his mistake and decide to make things right.

Good luck bro. Will you modify your thread if GG gets gucci and gets the refund sorted ?

I didn't read this whole thing...but I was unable to cancel and the thing auto renewed for another year and nobody would return my emails. Amazon prime, Netflix, they all warn you of auto-renewal like a week prior. Well my girlfriend got taken for another year since she got it for me as a gift last year...

Over 20 years ago, I had "online" instruction figured out, but hesitated to go further with the concept, for reasons exactly like this.

OP, I hope that you get your issue resolved and get refunded. Since it appears that GG doesn't really "run" anything associated with his name, I would be willing to bet that the licensing arrangement keeps him from doing anything like issuing refunds, etc.

Again....I have no ax to grind against a fellow professional. I do have an ax to grind about the business practices of those who utilize the name of a respected professional, and do whatever they can to take in monies, but provide no real "product", no customer service, and certainly...no refunds.

Good luck...please keep us informed.

Why not dispute the charges with your CC company BRO?

I did that today. I just wanted to share my experience with George and his ggswingtips team as well as shed light on their shady business practices so that other people don't fall into the same trap

Just wanted to try and use this site for a little leverage in your dispute, more likely explanation. You've now admitted the "legal" action was pretty much an empty threat, didn't use the proper channels to handle the matter and a whole bunch of who the heck cares in there. Hopefully this thread disappears in a few minutes.

What legal action do you plan to take?

That will depend on the outcome of the credit card dispute. It's still TBD. Besides, I gave George my word that he had a week to solve this problem reasonably, and he still has 4 days left. Maybe he will recognize his mistake and decide to make things right.

Good luck bro. Will you modify your thread if GG gets gucci and gets the refund sorted ?

That's a good question that I don't have a certain answer to yet. The $72 isn't really a big deal to me, but it is the principle of how he does business and treated me. I would say outside of him giving me a full refund AND a sincere personal apology, I will probably not remove this thread. The value of other people having this knowledge and avoiding this trap as well as not allowing his inappropriate actions to go unnoticed is greater than that of getting $72 back. $72 is a much cheaper learning experience for these kind of things than some experience unfortunately.

I didn't read this whole thing...but I was unable to cancel and the thing auto renewed for another year and nobody would return my emails. Amazon prime, Netflix, they all warn you of auto-renewal like a week prior. Well my girlfriend got taken for another year since she got it for me as a gift last year...

I'm sorry for your girlfriend. That is another one of his sketchy practices that I didn't even address. I'm not mad that there wasn't an auto-renewal warning for the month, but not having one for a year renewal is awful

Over 20 years ago, I had "online" instruction figured out, but hesitated to go further with the concept, for reasons exactly like this.

OP, I hope that you get your issue resolved and get refunded. Since it appears that GG doesn't really "run" anything associated with his name, I would be willing to bet that the licensing arrangement keeps him from doing anything like issuing refunds, etc.

Again....I have no ax to grind against a fellow professional. I do have an ax to grind about the business practices of those who utilize the name of a respected professional, and do whatever they can to take in monies, but provide no real "product", no customer service, and certainly...no refunds.

I'm inclined to agree with this line of thinking - GG has his plate more than full with teaching and doing the online lessons, so I can't imagine he is losing much sleep over $72, nor does he himself have the ability to log on and issue the refund.

Do they have a phone number listed? I would have tried that first, then take it up with your credit card. From the sounds of things it's probably in their best interest to give you back the money and not have to waste any more time.

Were two threads necessary OP?

I'm inclined to agree with this line of thinking - GG has his plate more than full with teaching and doing the online lessons, so I can't imagine he is losing much sleep over $72, nor does he himself have the ability to log on and issue the refund.

Do they have a phone number listed? I would have tried that first, then take it up with your credit card. From the sounds of things it's probably in their best interest to give you back the money and not have to waste any more time.

I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. I literally tried everything. Email, call, Facebook, and Instagram message to George himself. And I am also disputing the integrity of George Gankas himself. Check out my screenshots of my Instagram conversation with the real GG and my commentary above detailing it. Also, he is allowing the people running ggswingtips to use his name and image to deceive and should be held at least slightly accountable for that.

Thanks for your support! It would make sense that he wouldn't have total control over that, but the way he allowed the arrangement to be set up is questionable at best. I however do have an issue with him personally because of the way he treated me in our Instagram conversation and blocked me when I was politely holding him accountable to talking to his team about this issue when he told me before that he would.

And I will keep you informed

I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. I literally tried everything. Email, call, Facebook, and Instagram message to George himself. And I am also disputing the integrity of George Gankas himself. Check out my screenshots of my Instagram conversation with the real GG and my commentary above detailing it. Also, he is allowing the people running ggswingtips to use his name and image to deceive and should be held at least slightly accountable for that.

In this day and age of social media accounts...I seriously doubt that anyone can definitively confirm they are really talking/texting/messaging the actual person they think they are communicating with.

Anyway...good luck. At least you didn't PayPal the payment through friends and family.

Anyone else see this is yet another "I didn't read the fine print, they held me to the terms and now I want out" threads?

Take home message is really short and simple.

Know what you are getting into BEFORE you get into it.

More importantly know how to get out.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft