GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!! (MERGED)

Longshot400

Anyone else see this is yet another "I didn't read the fine print, they held me to the terms and now I want out" threads?

Take home message is really short and simple.

Know what you are getting into BEFORE you get into it.

More importantly know how to get out.

Odd how you just pop out of the woodwork to defend GG in multiple threads. My main argument is against the ETHICS of his business. Stipulations buried in the fine print may make this practice legal, but they don't change the ethics of it.

Anyone else see this is yet another "I didn't read the fine print, they held me to the terms and now I want out" threads?

Odd how you just pop out of the woodwork to defend GG in multiple threads. My main argument is against the ETHICS of his business. Stipulations buried in the fine print may make this practice legal, but they don't change the ethics of it.

Odd how you'd say I popped out of the woodwork to defend GG. Hasn't happened. I have posted the common sense thought that those who don't read the fine print are the only ones surprised when they get something they didn't bargain for. And even if you don't read the fine print (most don't actually) more common sense should tell you that there's more to any given deal than meets the eye.

Get all bent outta shape all you want but I'm not the one who obligated myself to terms I didn't know about and certainly would never have agreed upon. I am NOT saying that his business practices are ideal. But I am saying they are predictable given that many bargain monthly deals are tied into long term agreements and it just seems to me that before I opted to join something and give a company my financial info I would delve into it a bit to see if there are any hidden things I would be agreeing to. In my experience you don't even have to read the fine print - a simple search online about any given business will tell you what you wanted/needed to know.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Over 20 years ago, I had "online" instruction figured out, but hesitated to go further with the concept, for reasons exactly like this.

OP, I hope that you get your issue resolved and get refunded. Since it appears that GG doesn't really "run" anything associated with his name, I would be willing to bet that the licensing arrangement keeps him from doing anything like issuing refunds, etc.

Again....I have no ax to grind against a fellow professional. I do have an ax to grind about the business practices of those who utilize the name of a respected professional, and do whatever they can to take in monies, but provide no real "product", no customer service, and certainly...no refunds.

Good luck...please keep us informed.

Thanks for your support! It would make sense that he wouldn't have total control over that, but the way he allowed the arrangement to be set up is questionable at best. I however do have an issue with him personally because of the way he treated me in our Instagram conversation and blocked me when I was politely holding him accountable to talking to his team about this issue when he told me before that he would.

The way HE treated YOU ? Now that's just good comedy.

You told George(?) the customer service was very poor and rude. From your screenshots all I can see is they asked you for proof of the email cancelation. Did you give it to them ? Maybe I missed it.

And after a somewhat pleasant and patronizing (on your side) back-and-forth with George and he tells you it's Sunday so he can't do anything til the next day you end with "OK, I expect to hear back about this tomorrow. I expect full resolution of this issue within 1 week from today or I will take legal action".

So who was "rude" again ? That's right. It was YOU.

It is pretty clear this is a multi-dimensional entity and he's not the money guy but you "threaten" him (anyway) ? You didn't notice for almost 3 months that you were being charged and you want HIM to jump ? Over $56 ?!?!?!

And you wonder why he blocked you ? Frankly I would have too. Then I'd have the accounting area issue the $54 refund to you, have someone comment on your crappy swing from the first month's video, and tell you to go take a hike.

But maybe that's just me.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Over 20 years ago, I had "online" instruction figured out, but hesitated to go further with the concept, for reasons exactly like this.

OP, I hope that you get your issue resolved and get refunded. Since it appears that GG doesn't really "run" anything associated with his name, I would be willing to bet that the licensing arrangement keeps him from doing anything like issuing refunds, etc.

Again....I have no ax to grind against a fellow professional. I do have an ax to grind about the business practices of those who utilize the name of a respected professional, and do whatever they can to take in monies, but provide no real "product", no customer service, and certainly...no refunds.

Thanks for your support! It would make sense that he wouldn't have total control over that, but the way he allowed the arrangement to be set up is questionable at best. I however do have an issue with him personally because of the way he treated me in our Instagram conversation and blocked me when I was politely holding him accountable to talking to his team about this issue when he told me before that he would.

You told George(?) the customer service was very poor and rude. From your screenshots all I can see is they asked you for proof of the email cancelation. Did you give it to them ? Maybe I missed it.

And after a somewhat pleasant and patronizing (on your side) back-and-forth with George and he tells you it's Sunday so he can't do anything til the next day you end with "OK, I expect to hear back about this tomorrow. I expect full resolution of this issue within 1 week from today or I will take legal action".

It is pretty clear this is a multi-dimensional entity and he's not the money guy but you "threaten" him (anyway) ? You didn't notice for almost 3 months that you were being charged and you want HIM to jump ? Over $56 ?!?!?!

And you wonder why he blocked you ? Frankly I would have too. Then I'd have the accounting area issue the $54 refund to you, have someone comment on your crappy swing from the first month's video, and tell you to go take a hike.

I don't know what the crappiness of my swing has to do with this post. You seem to have an emotional response to my comment, which is evident to me by your mild lashing out and your lack of consideration of the context and events leading up to my threat to George. May I ask what your connection with George is?

I think you're missing the part where a person bearing his image (who George allowed to do so) promised to cancel my subscription and didn't, resulting in 2 extra months of payment. I tried to reason with his support team (I did request a full refund, but I understood that I may not get a refund for those months despite receiving no service). I was, however, upset and surprised that they tried to justify not refunding me for the last 2 months. I contacted the George account about this, but never heard back. I contacted his IG and he replied, but appeared (to me) to be flaking. Being already very upset about having my valid claims dismissed, I gave him a firm warning that I was not going to tolerate him dragging this out. I can see how you interpret this as rude, but I believe it was justified considering the circumstances (my opinion).

Can you see where I'm coming from? Can we at least agree that him not honoring "his" Facebook message and giving a 2 month refund is disgraceful on his part (I am not talking about legality, I am referring to the ethics and acceptability of that business decision)?

Sorry for the double post

I don't know what the crappiness of my swing has to do with this post. You seem to have an emotional response to my comment, which is evident to me by your mild lashing out and your lack of consideration of the context and events leading up to my threat to George. May I ask what your connection with George is?

I think you're missing the part where a person bearing his image (who George allowed to do so) promised to cancel my subscription and didn't, resulting in 2 extra months of payment. I tried to reason with his support team (I did request a full refund, but I understood that I may not get a refund for those months despite receiving no service). I was, however, upset and surprised that they tried to justify not refunding me for the last 2 months. I contacted the George account about this, but never heard back. I contacted his IG and he replied, but appeared (to me) to be flaking. Being already very upset about having my valid claims dismissed, I gave him a firm warning that I was not going to tolerate him dragging this out. I can see how you interpret this as rude, but I believe it was justified considering the circumstances (my opinion).

Can you see where I'm coming from? Can we at least agree that him not honoring "his" Facebook message and giving a 2 month refund is disgraceful on his part (I am not talking about legality, I am referring to the ethics and acceptability of that business decision)?

LOL

Sure, pick out the end of post joking around to rebut with. Good one !!!

You "talked" to HIM on Sunday. You threatened him before he could even have a chance to talk to his "team" on Monday. You've barely given HIM a chance to make it right. I'd almost be surprised if you never heard from him again and your $$$ wasn't credited back to your card sometime this week.

Especially being you wasted ~3 months on this in the first place due to your lack of attention, threatening him, over a measly $56 no less, never mind posting this on the board in the first place is, at the very least rude.

And you're THAT upset over $70 ?!?!?! I can imagine what'd be happening if you paid for a set of PXG irons here on BST and never got it,,,,,,,,, maybe I can get a dollar or 2 from every guy in my club and send you a check if G doesn't refund you,,,,,,,,,, Sheesh,,,,,,,,

Titleist Pro V1X

LOL

Sure, pick out the end of pot joking around to rebut with. Good one !!!

You "talked" to HIM on Sunday. You threatened him before he could even have a chance to talk to his "team" on Monday. You've barely given HIM a chance to make it right. I'd almost be surprised if you never heard from him again and your $$$ wasn't credited back to your card sometime this week.

Especially being you wasted ~3 months on this in the first place due to your lack of attention, threatening him, over a measly $56 no less, never mind posting this on the board in the first place is, at the very least rude.

And you're THAT upset over $70 ?!?!?! I can imagine what'd be happening if you paid for a set of PXG irons here on BST and never got it,,,,,,,,, maybe I can get a dollar or 2 from every guy in my club and send you a check if G doesn't refund you,,,,,,,,,, Sheesh,,,,,,,,

George? Is that YOU?!?!? WHAT UP "G"? WHAT UP "BRO"???!!! GUCCI BABY !!!! :cheesy:

Did you gift the payment?

No I did not thankfully. I used credit card and am going the dispute process now.

Good luck. I believe you have 60 days from the statement date the "mistake" first appeared on. I believe you said 8/28 was the first payment ? So the statement would be September and 60 days is past. Same thing probably for the 2nd one as October's statement is probably over 60 days old.

The last 2 though ? Guess you might have a chance with those.

Titleist Pro V1X

LOL

You have left out the fact that he said he would get back to me on the weekend, but never did. Even after I made the threat, he said he would talk to his team Monday. Again he never did. Obvious pattern: George was hoping I would drop it once he flaked out, but I saw that from the beginning of our IG conversation and acted accordingly. Since he told me he would talk to them Monday and call me AFTER I made the legal action comment, that suggests to me that he was going to avoid responding anyways.

Can you please answer the questions below?

1. What is your connection/affiliation with George?

2. Can we at least agree that him not honoring "his" Facebook message and giving a 2 month refund is disgraceful on his part (I am not talking about legality, I am referring to the ethics and acceptability of that business decision)?

3. Is it fair to say that George hasn't demonstrated to be a man who honors his word (considering his actions in the Facebook reply)?

I do appreciate your discussion and I don't expect everyone here to agree with me or my post. My goal is to have this information available so that people can have knowledge of my negative experience and the business dealings of ggswingtips. People can make their own decision on whether they want to support or stay away from him. There is bias in my post just as there is in any post, but I have been very intentional to support my experience with evidence, state my opinions as such, and avoid making my posts an "emotional response."

No I did not thankfully. I used credit card and am going the dispute process now.

Good luck. I believe you have 60 days from the statement date the "mistake" first appeared on. I believe you said 8/28 was the first payment ? So the statement would be September and 60 days is past. Same thing probably for the 2nd one as October's statement is probably over 60 days old.

Also, are you THE Andrew Fischer who got a mention in our Instagram conversation?

I agree with you there on what the outcome might be. I'm guessing that the last 2 months will be successful, but the first two may not. Thanks for the good luck wish!

Why don't you answer his question about what association you have with "George"?

Doth protest too much

Why don't you answer his question about what association you have with "George"?

Doth protest too much

Well genius, I hadn't POSTED since he asked the question. Duh Ohhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL. Just like him you assume that anyone that has reservations about his story must be someone from the company.

But I'll play. I have no idea who George OR his company are. Never heard of either one before.

So I guess by using YOUR logic you must be longshot400's cousin, right ? I mean your "last names" are so close. LMAO

Happy now ? (I know you're not).

Titleist Pro V1X

LOL

You have left out the fact that he said he would get back to me on the weekend, but never did. Even after I made the threat, he said he would talk to his team Monday. Again he never did. Obvious pattern: George was hoping I would drop it once he flaked out, but I saw that from the beginning of our IG conversation and acted accordingly. Since he told me he would talk to them Monday and call me AFTER I made the legal action comment, that suggests to me that he was going to avoid responding anyways.

Can you please answer the questions below?

1. What is your connection/affiliation with George?

2. Can we at least agree that him not honoring "his" Facebook message and giving a 2 month refund is disgraceful on his part (I am not talking about legality, I am referring to the ethics and acceptability of that business decision)?

3. Is it fair to say that George hasn't demonstrated to be a man who honors his word (considering his actions in the Facebook reply)?

I do appreciate your discussion and I don't expect everyone here to agree with me or my post. My goal is to have this information available so that people can have knowledge of my negative experience and the business dealings of ggswingtips. People can make their own decision on whether they want to support or stay away from him. There is bias in my post just as there is in any post, but I have been very intentional to support my experience with evidence, state my opinions as such, and avoid making my posts an "emotional response."

No, according to the texts YOU posted, he said/inferred it was Sunday and he couldn't talk to anybody until the next day. Your threat FOLLOWED that statement of his whereupon he was insulted by your threat (rightfully so IMO).

1) As above I have NO affiliation with George or the company. Never heard of any of them.

2) Your posts have times on them but I don't see any days or dates. I believe (feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken) the SUNDAY we're talking about was 3 days ago, yes ? That was when you made your threat, yes ?

If so, it's the other part of his(?) company, presumably the office that handles payments, etc. that promised you the refund, yes ? Perhaps they screwed up. I have no idea.

3) What *I* am talking about is your interaction with "George". You threatened him on Sunday, he presumably looked into it Monday and tonight is Wednesday. I don't know about your world but in my world that is not a very long time to straighten something like this out, especially given that it took YOU over 3 months to even notice something was amiss.

So no, it ISN'T fair to say George hasn't demonstrated to be a man who honors his word,,,,,,,,,, at least not yet.

Titleist Pro V1X

Doth protest too much

Well genius, I hadn't POSTED since he asked the question. Duh Ohhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL. Just like him you assume that anyone that has reservations about his story must be someone from the company.

But I'll play. I have no idea who George OR his company are. Never heard of either one before.

Happy now ? (I know you're not).

Well actually he asked what connection you had to George in post #39...and you replied twice after that...so you may want to read more carefully and get your facts straight.

It just seems like you are way over the top in your criticism of the OP and defense of this company you've never heard of---But it's good to know you're an unbiased observer.

More power to you! I wish you the best on your pointless tirade!

These people at GG are completely out of touch. If the op asked for his account to be cancelled, regardless of whether it was to the letter of the terms of service or not it should have been taken care of. That's not a very high bar for customer service. This thread alone will result in will easily result in way more than $72 of potential customers lost.

That being said I think it's unreasonable to ask for all your money back going back to day one. I don't even think asking for 3 months refund is even fair but they probably should have done it out of good will. It's obvious it's a monthly subscription though and if it was me I'd be asking for 2 months refund.

I posted my story last time, except I got hit for a full year subscription. I started the process to cancel before the renewal through email but received no response. After it was charged I reached out again for weeks and finally got a response after I started the charge back process. I was also promised a refund, even have a recording of the voicemail promising it but it never happened.

They also fought the credit card charge back as well. They used the fact that I logged into the website after the renewal as proof I was using the website even though all my emails had the same date. On that note Capital One can also kiss my a** and they were canceled as well.

I also have a product that we sell on both yearly and month to month billing that auto-renews. I have nothing against auto renewal it helps clients and prevents them from having to constantly keep calling or filling out forms, but when they want to cancel I don't dick them around by our TOS (which I can use to deny a refund), I simply refund.

I posted my story last time, except I got hit for a full year subscription. I started the process to cancel before the renewal through email but received no response. After it was charged I reached out again for weeks and finally got a response after I started the charge back process. I was also promised a refund, even have a recording of the voicemail promising it but it never happened.

They also fought the credit card charge back as well. They used the fact that I logged into the website after the renewal as proof I was using the website even though all my emails had the same date. On that note Capital One can also kiss my a** and they were canceled as well.

I also have a product that we sell on both yearly and month to month billing that auto-renews. I have nothing against auto renewal it helps clients and prevents them from having to constantly keep calling or filling out forms, but when they want to cancel I don't dick them around by our TOS (which I can use to deny a refund), I simply refund.

Wow! They promised you a refund in voicemail and didn't deliver? Can't say I'm surprised. Definitely the same people that I dealt with

Second thread I have seen about this. It still amazes me that even though the OP has screen shots to prove that he was promised a refund and given the run around, most of you people still want to talk about how he didn't read the fine print ETC...This was handled horribly by GG customer service and by he himself. Why is it so hard to understand that? Everyone is an expert until it happens to them.. Sorry OP hope you get it straighten out. a

Second thread I have seen about this. It still amazes me that even though the OP has screen shots to prove that he was promised a refund and given the run around, most of you people still want to talk about how he didn't read the fine print ETC...This was handled horribly by GG customer service and by he himself. Why is it so hard to understand that? Everyone is an expert until it happens to them.. Sorry OP hope you get it straighten out. a

It certainly amazes me as well. Thanks for your support!