2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!! (MERGED)

Longshot400

Why don't you answer his question about what association you have with "George"?

Doth protest too much

Well genius, I hadn't POSTED since he asked the question. Duh Ohhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL. Just like him you assume that anyone that has reservations about his story must be someone from the company.

But I'll play. I have no idea who George OR his company are. Never heard of either one before.

Happy now ? (I know you're not).

Well actually he asked what connection you had to George in post #39...and you replied twice after that...so you may want to read more carefully and get your facts straight.

It just seems like you are way over the top in your criticism of the OP and defense of this company you've never heard of---But it's good to know you're an unbiased observer.

More power to you! I wish you the best on your pointless tirade!

You are correct (about the question). Had you quoted that post as well as mine I would have seen it. I barely scanned that post because it was more of blah,,,,, blah,,,,, blah,,,,,, and when I saw he asked (as it turned out for a 2nd time) before I'd replied again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pointless tirade ? Hardly pointless and hardly a tirade but I get the "exaggeration for effect". Well done - I deserved it. And thanks for the best wishes. :hi:

These people at GG are completely out of touch. If the op asked for his account to be cancelled, regardless of whether it was to the letter of the terms of service or not it should have been taken care of. That's not a very high bar for customer service. This thread alone will result in will easily result in way more than $72 of potential customers lost.

That being said I think it's unreasonable to ask for all your money back going back to day one. I don't even think asking for 3 months refund is even fair but they probably should have done it out of good will. It's obvious it's a monthly subscription though and if it was me I'd be asking for 2 months refund.

I pretty much agree with everything you say. It certainly appears shortsighted but could just be a mistake. Stuff happens.

The only thing I can think of is that this may be a (really) small business operation that paid to use a "name" and the principals (George probably not one of them) are not really savvy businessmen. Possibly they were a couple of guys who discussed this sort of thing over a beer after a round of golf and said "Wow, this is a great idea. Let's do it".

Real businessmen would probably do what GLG20's business does and just cancel the subscription and yes, this bad publicity may even do them in (if they're that small). Certainly not worth $56. A major corporation wuold never do this sort of thing, especially not for $56.

But frankly, with the facts we have, that is our longshot threatening the guy as he did, and (apparently) running to the board he's supported so well with his posts over the years, SO soon after he talked to the guy, IF the "contract" was for a year's payments, I wouldn't be surprised if they did what they(?) did to GLG20; keep taking the payments for a full year (assuming that's what the contract called for (I don't recall if that was actually revealed)). (cool)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

UPDATE: George unblocked me on Instagram and agreed to pay me $54 dollars (just didn't refund my first month). I accepted the solution and he paid me $54 like he said, but also sent me some very angry messages in the process. This conversation was the most negative interaction that I have ever had with a human being and resulted in me blocking him. Since I did receive a fair solution (finally), I will not post these messages on this thread. If you want details, send me a PM.

Glad you’re happy with the solution minus the interaction. People are pointing out a lot of things and while some are good points about reading the fine print etc., what you paid and signed up for was still not delivered the first month and that being feedback/instruction of your swing. You still paid $18 for a service that was never rendered. Maybe the videos and tutorials you got to watch make up for that?

UPDATE: the most negative interaction that I have ever had with a human being

Ever? Come on.

But, this episode should be a case study. Why they wouldn't just give you back the $54 at the beginning is beyond me. To let the situation degrade like this is just pure incompetence.

WRX Status: FORUM ELDER (certification confirmed)

Glad you’re happy with the solution minus the interaction. People are pointing out a lot of things and while some are good points about reading the fine print etc., what you paid and signed up for was still not delivered the first month and that being feedback/instruction of your swing. You still paid $18 for a service that was never rendered. Maybe the videos and tutorials you got to watch make up for that?

I'm ok with having paid him $18. One could argue that being in the group and seeing the response ms to others helped me gain some knowledge. The fine print arguments may have relevance to legality, but it is irrelevant to the ethics of it. The messages he sent me were a VERY bizarre outlash of anger (filled with profanity).

Ever? Come on.

But, this episode should be a case study. Why they wouldn't just give you back the $54 at the beginning is beyond me. To let the situation degrade like this is just pure incompetence.

I haven't had a lot of negative confrontations and my use of EVER is no exaggeration. I will happily provide specifics on the conversation if you send me a PM

George seems to be taking quite a bit of heat here, and maybe some is warranted, but I know George pretty well, and he is one of the nicest, honest, and sincere guys you are ever going to meet. The OP has the right to share his opinion, but knowing the kind of guy George is, I feel it necessary to share my opinion as well.

There are always two sides to every story.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Ever? Come on.

I haven't had a lot of negative confrontations and my use of EVER is no exaggeration. I will happily provide specifics on the conversation if you send me a PM

PM sent

WRX Status: FORUM ELDER (certification confirmed)

George seems to be taking quite a bit of heat here, and maybe some is warranted, but I know George pretty well, and he is one of the nicest, honest, and sincere guys you are ever going to meet. The OP has the right to share his opinion, but knowing the kind of guy George is, I feel it necessary to share my opinion as well.

Thanks for sharing yours! I'm sure that under different circumstances, I would think George is a great guy. I'm glad you had that experience with him. My experience paints a very different picture, but it's good to have people like you who respectfully state their different point of view so that readers will get the full picture rather than just one person's opinion.

Not that big of a suprise considering Gabe Writer and Fischer are behind the whole online marketing campaign business. Shame because GG's content is great.

Gabe Writer is involved with his business?

Gabe and Fish do the filming/editing/creating for the website I believe (or at least they did in the beginning).

I'm going to agree with both the OP and with HStead a few posts up. The membership site and corresponding facebook group have had a few issues and there have been multiple threads here on WRX about guys not being happy with the cancellation process. In each case, errors were made on the OP's side related to ToS and cancellation policy. That said, the process of canceling seems to be a bit more difficult than it needs to be.

Whatever issues the site has, it is not an indication of who George is at all. Those that have met and/or worked with George know that he goes WAY above and beyond for his guys/girls to help them. It's a shame that the guy(s) running his site are causing issues, because George is solid!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Longshot400, im glad to hear that you finally got a resolution to your issue. the unprofessionalism displayed by his team is truly remarkable in this day and age. i cant think of any other reputable company that behaves in the manner gg's does. while i think GG's content is solid, the way his business is run is bottom of the barrel.

for those that know GG personally, if he is as nice as you say, he would go above and beyond to rectify the way his online business is being conducted.

Also, have you seen George act in a difficult situation or one where he had to chose between his best interest and that of others. Almost anyone can be nice to hang out with, but I think how someone acts in the face of difficulty or conflict of interest is more reflective of their true colors. Just food for thought

Longshot400, im glad to hear that you finally got a resolution to your issue. the unprofessionalism displayed by his team is truly remarkable in this day and age. i cant think of any other reputable company that behaves in the manner gg's does. while i think GG's content is solid, the way his business is run is bottom of the barrel.

for those that know GG personally, if he is as nice as you say, he would go above and beyond to rectify the way his online business is being conducted.

My experience with supporting evidence (and especially the IG comments he made to me today: pm me for details) leaves me very confident that George is low class and dishonest. I can't validate the frequency of this behavior, but judging by the flood of private messages from people who had a similar experience, I think it is a pretty consistent pattern. I try to be as objective as possible and give credit where it is due. I think that George is very knowledgeable about the golf swing and has a lot of amazing players under him. But his character on the other hand....

Don't consider anything other than an in person lesson with him. Even then, I'd be weary. Just my 2 cents.

47 More to go....

and only 19 for you

Figured that would be someones rebuttal.... Good for you bud!

I need more too! I'll hop on!

Its a party now!!!

47 More to go....

and only 19 for you

Figured that would be someones rebuttal.... Good for you bud!

47? 19?

Posts....I'm at 15 now.

Wood Bros Kool Cat F-1 - 11°

TaylorMade Tour Cleek - 16°

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

Cleveland Reg. 588 - Special 49°

Wilson Staff Dyna-Power - SW

[Putter - TBD]

OP, I am glad they refunded you. This whole thing offers many lessons...

First and foremost know what you are getting into. All of it. XM is another prime example. Easier to sign on than to sign off but if you follow their instructions to the letter you can avoid a lot of problems.

Next, use Google. Before anyone here signs up for anything they should search the name of the company or product along with the simple word "reviews". Odds are something will come up if caution needs to be taken.

Finally, know your rights as a consumer. They had to issue the refund for at least a part of the monies collected - it was only a matter of when and how much perseverance the OP had to show. Using a major CC can help to protect you. But nothing protects you more than knowledge.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

First and foremost know what you are getting into. All of it. XM is another prime example. Easier to sign on than to sign off but if you follow their instructions to the letter you can avoid a lot of problems.

Next, use Google. Before anyone here signs up for anything they should search the name of the company or product along with the simple word "reviews". Odds are something will come up if caution needs to be taken.

Finally, know your rights as a consumer. They had to issue the refund for at least a part of the monies collected - it was only a matter of when and how much perseverance the OP had to show. Using a major CC can help to protect you. But nothing protects you more than knowledge.

You do realize, don't you, that your common sense approach to things is what will eventually get you in trouble.......

Just kidding.

You speak truths that most people wish to disregard.

I totally agree. I failed to do the first 2 things you suggested. Would have definitely saved me some trouble. Hopefully this can reach many people so that others don't fall into the same trap.

You do realize, don't you, that your common sense approach to things is what will eventually get you in trouble.......

Just kidding.

You speak truths that most people wish to disregard.

LOL. I thought you were crazy before I read the JK

I totally agree. I failed to do the first 2 things you suggested. Would have definitely saved me some trouble. Hopefully this can reach many people so that others don't fall into the same trap.

I think "been there - done that" applies. The best learned lessons are the hardest ones. Odds are this is a one off for you and best of all your starting this thread has probably saved a lot of others some of the same hassles.

There are a LOT of scams and scammers out there. Fortunately this place really helps to "protect the field" by way of warnings of things that have happened to others. Don't even ask me about my Roku and Netflix debacle. Oh yeah, I caught some serious flak over that little learning episode of hidden charges that just kept on coming. Completely my fault - 1000%. Damn those interesting Netflix drama shows!!!

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft