GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!! (MERGED)

Longshot400

Ive paid for Netflix and Hulu for the past five years. I can't tell you the last time I even accessed either of them. It's been at least 2 years. It just comes out each month and I have no idea how to stop them, nor do I even care. They're there if I ever want them. They'll both come to a screeching halt in 2019 when my current debit card expires and I can't say that I'll miss them. I might if I ever used them anymore. Combined I think it's about 15 a month. I value a dollar, but knowing that I might want them at some point coupled with the low prices, I just haven't cared enough to cancel. They're the only thing that comes out automatically, other than I have all of my credit cards set up to pull the minimum payments on their due dates in case I forget about one of them. I've never used that as I pay their balances in full every month save one that I put big things on due to no interest for now, but it's nice knowing that if I forget something I won't have a late payment fee and possibly a negative reporting to a credit bureau.

Mileage may vary of course and I know I'm a fool for paying for Netflix and Hulu and never using them. They're good things and well worth the price if you ever use them. I don't anymore since I've already watched all the good series.

Ive paid for Netflix and Hulu for the past five years. I can't tell you the last time I even accessed either of them. It's been at least 2 years. It just comes out each month and I have no idea how to stop them, nor do I even care. They're there if I ever want them. They'll both come to a screeching halt in 2019 when my current debit card expires and I can't say that I'll miss them. I might if I ever used them anymore. Combined I think it's about 15 a month. I value a dollar, but knowing that I might want them at some point coupled with the low prices, I just haven't cared enough to cancel. They're the only thing that comes out automatically, other than I have all of my credit cards set up to pull the minimum payments on their due dates in case I forget about one of them. I've never used that as I pay their balances in full every month save one that I put big things on due to no interest for now, but it's nice knowing that if I forget something I won't have a late payment fee and possibly a negative reporting to a credit bureau.

Mileage may vary of course and I know I'm a fool for paying for Netflix and Hulu and never using them. They're good things and well worth the price if you ever use them. I don't anymore since I've already watched all the good series.

Thank you for the glimpse inside your life? Wtf?

Sorry. Didn't come out at all helpful and as pertinent to the thread as I meant it. I see that rereading it. Duh. Nominate it for dumb rambling post of the year, I'll vote for it! I can even really ascertain my point. So I'll second the wtheck??

What kinda crap these noobs fixing to sell?

You know, the extremely rare sand dollar, homemade jams and two year old heavily worn FootJoys....Gucci!

Wood Bros Kool Cat F-1 - 11°

TaylorMade Tour Cleek - 16°

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

Cleveland Reg. 588 - Special 49°

Wilson Staff Dyna-Power - SW

Scotty Cameron CA Coronado - 34"

Sorry. Didn't come out at all helpful and as pertinent to the thread as I meant it. I see that rereading it. Duh. Nominate it for dumb rambling post of the year, I'll vote for it! I can even really ascertain my point. So I'll second the wtheck??

Haha, it's okay. Sorry for giving you a hard time, I just thought it was pretty funny.

Haha, it's okay. Sorry for giving you a hard time, I just thought it was pretty funny.

No worries on my end. These fat thumbs of mine can hunt and peck quickly and are generally disconnected from my brain. I'd say that was a good example. :)

I’m surprised to see this thread with a few people stating their dissatisfaction with gg’s member site. I joined the member site end of November 2016 for a year and it ended this past November and never had any issues.

I didn’t rejoin because I watched all the content, then they started adding those $18 courses you had to purchase even though you already paid to join the site?? Seemed a little shady to me...why pay for content after you already paid to join the site.

I sent some emails back and forth once due to being removed from the private Facebook group even though I had an active membership. The issue was resolved same day but I could tell George himself wasn’t replying to the emails.

Watching his YouTube vids and reading the comments from George, it’s obvious he wasn’t replying and had nothing to do with them. After reading the OP’s posts that George has no involvement with the membership or Facebook group is a little surprising however.

The issue appears to be here that Ggswingtips blew up on instagram so fish and gabe devised a plan to capitalize and start a membership site. George himself is way too busy to run the site, & Facebook group, while giving lessons 10 hours a day so he gave the reigns to fish. Fish and Gabe are using this as a cash grab and probably doing quite well considering the private Facebook group had over 1,000 members when I left.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

No worries on my end. These fat thumbs of mine can hunt and peck quickly and are generally disconnected from my brain. I'd say that was a good example. :)

This is the golfwrx I remember loving back in the day. Some member rambles in a post with no point. Another member calls him out jokingly. Said member cracks a joke about his own post. No one got butt hurt, no three page banter back and forth, just a little ball busting and someone who could take it.

I’ve seen the “private” posts and can say that I would never do business with George Gankas. Plain and simple, while he refunded the money, he was very aggressive in his expletive-laced responses. The OP never used that language but was berated by George for creating this thread(?). A simple apology and refund was all that was needed. Instead George was frustrated, which is understandable, but took the lowest road possible. Buyer beware.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Assuming it was GG. Who knows at this point. I do know that if I rubber stamped someone to speak on behalf of me, I'd read everything he ever put out there and would take immediate action if he didn't speak as I would want to. So while I'm willing to believe that GG hasn't actually replied to anything, he's approved of everything. Come to think of it, I'd never have anyone else speak as me. I want to own all the stupid crap that comes out of my mouth.

Assuming it was GG. Who knows at this point. I do know that if I rubber stamped someone to speak on behalf of me, I'd read everything he ever put out there and would take immediate action if he didn't speak as I would want to. So while I'm willing to believe that GG hasn't actually replied to anything, he's approved of everything. Come to think of it, I'd never have anyone else speak as me. I want to own all the stupid crap that comes out of my mouth.

He also sent me money over PayPal and sent screenshots, so unless there is a fake PayPal account in his name, the Instagram account is almost certainly operated by him

I've seen the "private" posts and can say that I would never do business with George Gankas. Plain and simple, while he refunded the money, he was very aggressive in his expletive-laced responses. The OP never used that language but was berated by George for creating this thread(?). A simple apology and refund was all that was needed. Instead George was frustrated, which is understandable, but took the lowest road possible. Buyer beware.

Well, I don't know.

If someone left something like this open for 3 or 4 months, contacted ME personally on a Saturday and I mistakenly(?) told him I'd find out "tomorrow" (Sunday) and when he got a hold of me again on Sunday and I told me him I had to find out from my team, which wasn't available on the weekend, and 2 days later, because I "blocked" him, he assumed I was blowing him off so he trashed my business on my site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, while I wouldn't use the language GG apparently did, I'm betting there are some, even here, who would.

The client waits 3 months and I have to satisfy him in 2 days ? I don't think so.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

He also sent me money over PayPal and sent screenshots, so unless there is a fake PayPal account in his name, the Instagram account is almost certainly operated by him

That was my entire point. Operated by him. Not necessarily him. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. Doesn't make a ton of difference at this point because I'd never allow someone to operate as me that didn't align themselves perfectly to my values. And since that could never happen 100%, there'd be no one that could use my name. There's no need for someone to anyway, but if there was a reason they better act in the same way as me to protect my name.

It makes little difference whether it's him or not at this point. He and/or they appear to suck. Which I'd combine to a singular "he" sucks since he obviously allows this to go one for one reason or another. I'd hope it's because "he's" become too big and just can't effectively manage all aspects of those speaking as him. Even so that doesn't matter to me. He's either portrayed himself very negatively or he's allowed it to happen. Either way is the same for me. I won't be spending any money with him ever. So fantastic job on the buyer beware from you and another members thread I read a couple weeks ago. Thanks.

I've seen the "private" posts and can say that I would never do business with George Gankas. Plain and simple, while he refunded the money, he was very aggressive in his expletive-laced responses. The OP never used that language but was berated by George for creating this thread(?). A simple apology and refund was all that was needed. Instead George was frustrated, which is understandable, but took the lowest road possible. Buyer beware.

Well, I don't know.

If someone left something like this open for 3 or 4 months, contacted ME personally on a Saturday and I mistakenly(?) told him I'd find out "tomorrow" (Sunday) and when he got a hold of me again on Sunday and I told me him I had to find out from my team, which wasn't available on the weekend, and 2 days later, because I "blocked" him, he assumed I was blowing him off so he trashed my business on my site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, while I wouldn't use the language GG apparently did, I'm betting there are some, even here, who would.

The client waits 3 months and I have to satisfy him in 2 days ? I don't think so.

I agree that George should be frustrated. In my opinion, the OP overreacted, due to his frustration. The major difference is that the OP was passive aggressive, at worst, while George flat out profanely attacked a customer.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Well, I don't know.

Well if a customer contacted you directly doesn't that say a lot about your team's lack of ability to manage your business that he had to go through the hoop to be able to reach you? Also, why block him so that he would be unable to communicate with you about his bad customer experience? If I was G, I'd question my team's ability to handle my own company and whether or not there should be a change going forward. Regardless, seeing at this is not the first time anyone has experienced this, I myself am staying away from George. Interesting swing concept, bad business. Sorry.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

Well, I don't know.

Well if a customer contacted you directly doesn't that say a lot about your team's lack of ability to manage your business that he had to go through the hoop to be able to reach you? Also, why block him so that he would be unable to communicate with you about his bad customer experience? If I was G, I'd question my team's ability to handle my own company and whether or not there should be a change going forward. Regardless, seeing at this is not the first time anyone has experienced this, I myself am staying away from George. Interesting swing concept, bad business. Sorry.

Yes.

Don't know.

Would you, after 3 months of your own daydreaming, "threaten" the guy 1 day after you first contacted him (when he'd obviously made a mistake in how long it would take him to get back to you), and then react like this guy did just 2 days after the guy began investigating your problem ?

Titleist Pro V1X

Well, I don't know.

Yes.

Don't know.

Would you, after 3 months of your own daydreaming, "threaten" the guy 1 day after you first contacted him (when he'd obviously made a mistake in how long it would take him to get back to you), and then react like this guy did just 2 days after the guy began investigating your problem ?

Serious question: are you George's lawyer?

Well, I don't know.

Yes.

Don't know.

Serious answer.

Given that when you claimed, quite correctly I might add, that I hadn't answered "his" question about any connection with George or the company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and that I had posted twice while claiming not to have,,,,,,,,

And you replied "Well actually he asked what connection you had to George in post #39...and you replied twice after that...so you may want to read more carefully and get your facts straight."

And given that I then answered "I have no idea who George OR his company are. Never heard of either one before."

Perhaps you ALSO might want to take your own advice and read more carefully ???

In any case, for the record, George's company screwed up. I never said otherwise. George also (somewhat) screwed up a) by telling out longshot that he'd answer on Sunday when he most likely meant Monday AND by blocking longshot in the first place. I never said he didn't.

But our longshot also acted inappropriately (totally MO) by overreacting and not giving GG more than a couple of days before lambasting him, especially after having not paid any attention for 3 months or so and not giving GG a (legitimate) chance to investigate.

I hope this sates your curiosity.

Titleist Pro V1X

Well, I don't know.

Yes.

Don't know.

The timeframe does not matter. This matter could’ve been resolved in the span of 1 hour or less.

Thread should be closed as resolution has been reached.

Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*

Well, I don't know.

Yes.

Don't know.

The timeframe does not matter. This matter could've been resolved in the span of 1 hour or less.

Ahhhh, answer avoidance. Always a good tactic. :good:

Titleist Pro V1X

Well, I don't know.

Yes.

Don't know.

The timeframe does not matter. This matter could’ve been resolved in the span of 1 hour or less.

Thread should be closed as resolution has been reached.

Closing the thread would actually not help the people who may need and want this information to decide whether they want to subscribe to this service. Which is what the thread is actually about, minus all the back and forth.

Yes.

Don't know.

The timeframe does not matter. This matter could've been resolved in the span of 1 hour or less.

Ahhhh, answer avoidance. Always a good tactic. :good:

I'm just trying to stay on topic rather than go off tangent --

Regardless of the contents, this isn't the first time someone made reference to the subscription issue. This is the main problem everyone has made reference to.

Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*

I subscribed to his site for about 6 months last year, with the monthly recurring payment, followed the instructions on how to cancel, and canceled with no problems.

Recent customer experiences strongly point to deterioration of management of his online services, or at the very least a cancel system that has created issues for some people.

I'm going to assume GG's PM's were as described and that they was hostile, profane, and unacceptable.

It is my opinion that, once GG was involved, the OP's threat was premature and did not give a reasonable amount of time for GG to get up to speed on both sides of the story.

GG's response to that initial threat was understandable, but lacked business finesse.

We have no idea how often people try to get retroactive refunds after consuming the content of the site and then try to go back and get it for free.

It is reasonable to give him time to verify, especially considering OP was trying to get several months refunded.

GG not being able to get the story from the people running his site, over the weekend, is consistent with the poor response customers are experiencing.

Creating this thread was the equivalent of "going nuclear", further escalated the situation, and was premature.

Recurring subscriptions, especially (unrelated) those that kick in after a free trial period, are the devil.

GG needs new people running his web presence and nobody should be imitating him online, if that is occurring.

Both sides are at fault and both sides handled it poorly.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

I will not be closing this thread. The eventual resolution doesn't change the facts that he (and others behind ggswingtips) are deceiving people, are very difficult to deal with, and that George himself profanely berated a dissatisfied customer. Believe it or not, I didn't expect to receive any money back when I made this post, and I made it solely with the intention of warning others (although it was a nice surprise to have it resolved). Removing this thread would be very selfish and would defeat my purpose in creating it.

I subscribed to his site for about 6 months last year, with the monthly recurring payment, followed the instructions on how to cancel, and canceled with no problems.

Recent customer experiences strongly point to deterioration of management of his online services, or at the very least a cancel system that has created issues for some people.

I'm going to assume GG's PM's were as described and that they was hostile, profane, and unacceptable.

It is my opinion that, once GG was involved, the OP's threat was premature and did not give a reasonable amount of time for GG to get up to speed on both sides of the story.

GG's response to that initial threat was understandable, but lacked business finesse.

We have no idea how often people try to get retroactive refunds after consuming the content of the site and then try to go back and get it for free.

It is reasonable to give him time to verify, especially considering OP was trying to get several months refunded.

GG not being able to get the story from the people running his site, over the weekend, is consistent with the poor response customers are experiencing.

Creating this thread was the equivalent of "going nuclear", further escalated the situation, and was premature.

Recurring subscriptions, especially (unrelated) those that kick in after a free trial period, are the devil.

GG needs new people running his web presence and nobody should be imitating him online, if that is occurring.

Both sides are at fault and both sides handled it poorly.

Very well said. Both sides could have handled things much better, and George would be wise to associate with people that have more experience running a business and handling customer service. Honestly I know he just doesn't have the time to get involved with much of the membership beyond the video content, which is really just him doing his thing and the viewer getting to be a fly on the wall. From what I've heard from him, he agreed to the site mostly to help out Gabe, Fish, and now to a larger extent, Jake Gilmer, who is very active on the Facebook page. I don't have a problem with that, but I do think it should probably be stated more clearly up front so the consumer knows what they are getting. GG's instruction is the centerpiece of the site, and it is very good, but when guys come in expecting personal feedback from the man himself and don't get it, I can see how they'd be disappointed. With that said, he does offer 50% off one-on-one video lessons for members, and feedback there has been very positive.

I will not be closing this thread. The eventual resolution doesn't change the facts that he (and others behind ggswingtips) are deceiving people, are very difficult to deal with, and that George himself profanely berated a dissatisfied customer. Believe it or not, I didn't expect to receive any money back when I made this post, and I made it solely with the intention of warning others (although it was a nice surprise to have it resolved). Removing this thread would be very selfish and would defeat my purpose in creating it.

The terms are clearly defined, so deception is a poor choice of words. As has been said in this thread and the other that was complaining about the membership site, it's on the user to know what they are signing up for.

As for GG's team being difficult to deal with, I think that's on you as well, and the story you told supports that. There is a method outlined for cancellation and you didn't follow it.

I've been a member of his site since it started, as I was working with George at the time. I've enjoyed the content and learned a ton from his videos, but honestly just don't use the content much anymore, and haven't for probably most of the last year. I'd been thinking about canceling already, and was a bit curious to see if the OP's experience lined up with reality. A few days ago, I emailed the team and asked to cancel, as my renewal was coming up in early February. I got an email back the same day, politely thanking me for being a member, and canceling any future payment. I'm not sure how it could have been any simpler.

My "buyer beware:" it's an auto-renew membership, George is in all the content but isn't giving personal feedback for free, and you can cancel at any time as long as you follow directions.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Serious answer.

Given that when you claimed, quite correctly I might add, that I hadn't answered "his" question about any connection with George or the company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and that I had posted twice while claiming not to have,,,,,,,,

And you replied "Well actually he asked what connection you had to George in post #39...and you replied twice after that...so you may want to read more carefully and get your facts straight."

And given that I then answered "I have no idea who George OR his company are. Never heard of either one before."

In any case, for the record, George's company screwed up. I never said otherwise. George also (somewhat) screwed up a) by telling out longshot that he'd answer on Sunday when he most likely meant Monday AND by blocking longshot in the first place. I never said he didn't.

But our longshot also acted inappropriately (totally MO) by overreacting and not giving GG more than a couple of days before lambasting him, especially after having not paid any attention for 3 months or so and not giving GG a (legitimate) chance to investigate.

No, I read your posts. I'm just continually surprised at the level of tenacity you display in defending "George", when you have no dog in the fight.

Maybe you just enjoy the argument. But I won't bring it up again. Have a good weekend.

Serious answer.

No, I read your posts. I'm just continually surprised at the level of tenacity you display in defending "George", when you have no dog in the fight.

Maybe you just enjoy the argument. But I won't bring it up again. Have a good weekend.

So then why ask a question that has already been answered ? Just to stir the pot ? Just because you enjoy the argument ?

I am NOT defending George. I am simply speculating/understanding why he was upset and that the OP could have been a bit more patient, at least with his interaction with George.

You have a nice Sunday as well.

Titleist Pro V1X