GGSWINGTIPS and GEORGE GANKAS BUYER BEWARE!! (MERGED)

Longshot400

I will not be closing this thread. The eventual resolution doesn't change the facts that he (and others behind ggswingtips) are deceiving people, are very difficult to deal with, and that George himself profanely berated a dissatisfied customer. Believe it or not, I didn't expect to receive any money back when I made this post, and I made it solely with the intention of warning others (although it was a nice surprise to have it resolved). Removing this thread would be very selfish and would defeat my purpose in creating it.

The terms are clearly defined, so deception is a poor choice of words. As has been said in this thread and the other that was complaining about the membership site, it's on the user to know what they are signing up for.

As for GG's team being difficult to deal with, I think that's on you as well, and the story you told supports that. There is a method outlined for cancellation and you didn't follow it.

I've been a member of his site since it started, as I was working with George at the time. I've enjoyed the content and learned a ton from his videos, but honestly just don't use the content much anymore, and haven't for probably most of the last year. I'd been thinking about canceling already, and was a bit curious to see if the OP's experience lined up with reality. A few days ago, I emailed the team and asked to cancel, as my renewal was coming up in early February. I got an email back the same day, politely thanking me for being a member, and canceling any future payment. I'm not sure how it could have been any simpler.

My "buyer beware:" it's an auto-renew membership, George is in all the content but isn't giving personal feedback for free, and you can cancel at any time as long as you follow directions.

if you think GG/his team doesnt know that you are a student of his, then i got a bridge to sell you...

i believe the issue is that GG/his team try to trap consumers and their money if the "exact" procedures arent followed. As a business, the customer is always number one and a multitude of reasonable solutions can be achieved to the satisfaction of both sides, however GG/his team seem very reluctant to even consider these options. Also, a business should never, ever unleash a profanity laced personal attack on a customer under any circumstances.

I will not be closing this thread. The eventual resolution doesn't change the facts that he (and others behind ggswingtips) are deceiving people, are very difficult to deal with, and that George himself profanely berated a dissatisfied customer. Believe it or not, I didn't expect to receive any money back when I made this post, and I made it solely with the intention of warning others (although it was a nice surprise to have it resolved). Removing this thread would be very selfish and would defeat my purpose in creating it.

The terms are clearly defined, so deception is a poor choice of words. As has been said in this thread and the other that was complaining about the membership site, it's on the user to know what they are signing up for.

As for GG's team being difficult to deal with, I think that's on you as well, and the story you told supports that. There is a method outlined for cancellation and you didn't follow it.

I've been a member of his site since it started, as I was working with George at the time. I've enjoyed the content and learned a ton from his videos, but honestly just don't use the content much anymore, and haven't for probably most of the last year. I'd been thinking about canceling already, and was a bit curious to see if the OP's experience lined up with reality. A few days ago, I emailed the team and asked to cancel, as my renewal was coming up in early February. I got an email back the same day, politely thanking me for being a member, and canceling any future payment. I'm not sure how it could have been any simpler.

My "buyer beware:" it's an auto-renew membership, George is in all the content but isn't giving personal feedback for free, and you can cancel at any time as long as you follow directions.

if you think GG/his team doesnt know that you are a student of his, then i got a bridge to sell you...

i believe the issue is that GG/his team try to trap consumers and their money if the "exact" procedures arent followed. As a business, the customer is always number one and a multitude of reasonable solutions can be achieved to the satisfaction of both sides, however GG/his team seem very reluctant to even consider these options. Also, a business should never, ever unleash a profanity laced personal attack on a customer under any circumstances.

It was a cut/paste email, it certainly wasn't written personally for me, and didn't have anything to do with me being a former student of his. I haven't worked with George in over two years, I have no relationship with the team behind the scenes, and they would have no idea who I am. George knows me, but as has been said several times, he isn't the one handling the site.

I 100% agree with your last sentence.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

TL/DR: Find a real life coach and don’t take the $18 Gucci shortcut brooo

[color=#808080][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]Yonex 380 VA RaiJin
U65 18* VA RaiJin[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Tahoma][color=#808080][size=2]Don White 4-W TI S400[/size][/color][/font]
[font=Tahoma][color=#808080][size=2]Jeff McCoy 52 58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#808080][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]TeI3 Newport 2 [/size][/font][/color]

This is why I'd never pay for anything online other than DIRECT 1 on 1 coaching, I.e I pay you X dollars to review my swing personally, send me voice over with analysis, etc. I'm not paying $18 to post my swing vid to some random FB group... I can do that here on WRX for free.

Regardless, don't think OP is getting his $72 bucks back, and if I was GG I probably wouldn't care. The dude is raking in probably $5-10k a week in lesson fees alone.

This is why I'd never pay for anything online other than DIRECT 1 on 1 coaching, I.e I pay you X dollars to review my swing personally, send me voice over with analysis, etc. I'm not paying $18 to post my swing vid to some random FB group... I can do that here on WRX for free.

Regardless, don't think OP is getting his $72 bucks back, and if I was GG I probably wouldn't care. The dude is raking in probably $5-10k a week in lesson fees alone.

I ended up getting $54 back, but not without the pleasure of getting cussed out by George himself through Instagram PM

I ended up getting $54 back, but not without the pleasure of getting cussed out by George himself through Instagram PM

Idk, I only know your side of it so I can't say if he's within reason to be upset... I figure he's really annoyed you bugged him so hard over $54 when he's probably making $400k a year or more. To him it's just trivial chump change, whether he knows or intended the group to be shady or not.

FWIW, I've posted about the private group on reddit before... everybody seemed to know/accept that GG wasn't reviewing their swings personally, etc... that it was more of a community of people and they got "extra" stuff that you can't get for free via IG/YT etc. I honestly didn't look any further, I wasn't interested in paying for that particular service.

I read the exchange that OP sent me. Wow, what a giant doosh to be acting like that. I dont care who you are, how much you make, or how trivial this all is to you - you do not treat people like that and if I had to guess, this GG tool probably wouldnt have the balls to say that to someones face and is the type to hide behind the keyboard. What an a**. OP, Id keep ****ing with him.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with George. It really seems out of his character, and it is unfortunate that is the impression you'll have of him from now on. I have met him twice in person, and he went out of his way to be nice to me.

Membership site currently has 692 members on the facebook page (do the math, I think it's working out well for him lol)

George hustles, but I just have to say that he's a really good dude. I saw him in person once, almost a year and a half ago now, and just last week he called me to chat for 20 minutes based on a simple question I asked on his instagram page! He gladly offers his input anytime I've asked about a swing issue. The guy genuinely wants people to play better golf, plain and simple, and I think that's pretty commendable. It's good to see him doing well!

I couldn't agree more. When I was there last Spring, George worked 8AM-7PM and only stopped because he had to attend one of his student's graduation parties. As he left, I was still there practicing under the lights. I got a text from him 30 minutes later; knowing that I was in LA alone and didn't have plans that night, he invited me to attend the party with him and grab a beer! I was blown away. He is an awesome dude with a heart of gold.

I understand his schedule has become even crazier since I saw him last April; I haven't heard from him in next in months. I'm not saying that pardons any egregious treatment you received by any means, just offering my perspective.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with George. It really seems out of his character, and it is unfortunate that is the impression you'll have of him from now on. I have met him twice in person, and he went out of his way to be nice to me.

Well the people he is choosing to run his site are doing their best to ruin his name. Of course people will run to his defense and hide behind the TOS which in my case were not followed by his company and they fought me over it even after promising me a refund. It's bad business, bottom line.

Like I said I got beat for a few hundred bucks, it's the price of a decent bottle of wine and I'm over it, but I will tell everyone I can about the shady business practices.

Well the people he is choosing to run his site are doing their best to ruin his name. Of course people will run to his defense and hide behind the TOS which in my case were not followed by his company and they fought me over it even after promising me a refund. It's bad business, bottom line.

Like I said I got beat for a few hundred bucks, it's the price of a decent bottle of wine and I'm over it, but I will tell everyone I can about the shady business practices.

How cow, and I thought I was doing good when I dropped $25 for a bottle! :)

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Tour Issue wine isn’t cheap! ?

Tour Issue wine isnt cheap!

I dont have the skills for tour issue wine, still a game improvement playet here....

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Tour Issue wine isn't cheap!

Only JDM wine for me... Or maybe PXG, but I don't want to go there. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Over 20 years ago, I had "online" instruction figured out, but hesitated to go further with the concept, for reasons exactly like this.

OP, I hope that you get your issue resolved and get refunded. Since it appears that GG doesn't really "run" anything associated with his name, I would be willing to bet that the licensing arrangement keeps him from doing anything like issuing refunds, etc.

Again....I have no ax to grind against a fellow professional. I do have an ax to grind about the business practices of those who utilize the name of a respected professional, and do whatever they can to take in monies, but provide no real "product", no customer service, and certainly...no refunds.

Good luck...please keep us informed.

Thanks for your support! It would make sense that he wouldn't have total control over that, but the way he allowed the arrangement to be set up is questionable at best. I however do have an issue with him personally because of the way he treated me in our Instagram conversation and blocked me when I was politely holding him accountable to talking to his team about this issue when he told me before that he would.

The way HE treated YOU ? Now that's just good comedy.

You told George(?) the customer service was very poor and rude. From your screenshots all I can see is they asked you for proof of the email cancelation. Did you give it to them ? Maybe I missed it.

And after a somewhat pleasant and patronizing (on your side) back-and-forth with George and he tells you it's Sunday so he can't do anything til the next day you end with "OK, I expect to hear back about this tomorrow. I expect full resolution of this issue within 1 week from today or I will take legal action".

So who was "rude" again ? That's right. It was YOU.

It is pretty clear this is a multi-dimensional entity and he's not the money guy but you "threaten" him (anyway) ? You didn't notice for almost 3 months that you were being charged and you want HIM to jump ? Over $56 ?!?!?!

And you wonder why he blocked you ? Frankly I would have too. Then I'd have the accounting area issue the $54 refund to you, have someone comment on your crappy swing from the first month's video, and tell you to go take a hike.

But maybe that's just me.

I agree. George comes back with its Sunday I will look into it tomorow and op responds with legal action...

just received this email. very interesting.

Regarding my involvement with: www.ggswingtips.com

I am officially announcing that I, George Gankas, am not associated with, have no ownership interest in, or am a part of www.ggswingtips.com whatsoever. My content and reputation is being used without my permission and in a manner I do not agree with. I want each everyone of you to know that I hear your concerns and I have seen your complaints. Due to the nature of my business relationship with Andrew Fischer, the owner and operator of ggswingtips.com, my hands have been tied. I have zero access to and input on billing issues, business decisions and content distribution. Obviously this is a massive problem to me and why I am announcing a new site with a new team. Please hit the button below so that we can answer any questions or concerns moving forward. I plan to do everything in my power to take care of my existing members. Your support means everything. I am sorry for the confusion, and look forward to doing more to help you play better golf!

FOR ALL DISPUTES WITH GGSWINGTIPS.COM CONTACT:

Andrew Fischer

[email protected]

Instagram: andrew_fish_fischer

-George ???

www.georgegankas.golf

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE

Copyright © 2018 George Gankas Golf, All rights reserved.

We send emails and updates to individuals who opted in

Our mailing address is:

George Gankas Golf

4812 Lakeview Canyon Rd

Westlake, Ca 91361

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

He also addressed this on Instagram:

Unfortunate situation.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5