Golf Statistics Application

Sean2

I am looking for an application to keep statistics of my game, i.e., after the round I input the necessary data, for example, green/fairways hit, number of putts, score per hole, etc.

I am not interested in a GPS for my phone, or inputing data during the round. I did some searches, but I haven't been able to find something that will allow me to do only that. Perhaps it's because what I am asking for is pretty boring. lol

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it. :-)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for an application to keep statistics of my game, i.e., after the round I input the necessary data, for example, green/fairways hit, number of putts, score per hole, etc.

I am not interested in a GPS for my phone, or inputing data during the round. I did some searches, but I haven't been able to find something that will allow me to do only that. Perhaps it's because what I am asking for is pretty boring. lol

Do you use gmail? I can build you a spreadsheet in google sheets and we can customize it however you want. Cloud-based, you just log in and type in the data.

I do this regularly for my consulting clients. It would take me 20 mins and cost you $0.

I enjoy it. Let me know.

I'm too old to mess with Excel anymore, or any other software for that matter. I use the original GameGolf and it does everything I need. There are other tagging devices that do more, but I get everything I need with the Classic version. Actually, it gives me more information than I probably need.

If you're interested in more info PM me and I'll send you some screen shots of the data available. You can click on my GameGolf home page in my signature for basic info but you cant drill down into club specifics etc.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I use an app on my phone called Golfer Stats Pro.

Ping G425 9* set to 10* w/ Tensei Orange X stiff
Callaway Epic 3 wood 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
Ping G425 7 wood set to 19.5* w/ Alta CB 65 S
Wilson Staff V6 forged 5-PW w/ KBS tour 130X
Vokey SM6 50* w/ KBS C Taper 130 X
Vokey SM7 55*, 60* w/ KBS Tour V 120
Taylor Made tour Spider 35 inches w/ Super Stoke pistol

I have friends that keep every stat known to man but their game never changes and they never improve. In my opinion, I believe they overthink it but I just keep quiet. They are friends and I don't bug them about it.

I have always been from the camp that over-analysis can be more detrimental than no analysis at all.

Not saying it’s right or wrong – just the way I look at it.

My days of vast improvement are over. I just like playing, and found a nice way to manage and adjust during a round. I might track putts or greens or fairways during a given round, but never all of them during the same round and only on the front nine. This helps me track tendencies or trends on the front and make minor adjustments on the back to see if things change.

Example: If I miss three putts all to the short side on the front nine, I’ll make slight adjustment to the alignment on the back nine. In other words, no further analysis needed.

I use The Grint iPhone app and would definitely recommend. You can log during round or after. Several stat categories. You can also link to friends and see their stats through the year as well. Our regular 4some is all on it, so it’s fun to see who leads each category and who plays better at different tracks.

They also have a website your data dumps into. Good info in lots of areas. What I like most is to see scoring tendencies by hole length, fairway vs rough etc. There is also a trends feature that will show you how many holes you have gone between 3 putts, or double bogies, consecutive greens hit, par saves, etc.

I know you said you arent interested in GPS, but I would still highly recommend Arccos. I have the Arccos 360 set and a sensor in each of my clubs. I do not have to keep track of a single thing. It knows when I hit driver or putter. It tracks fairways, GIR, putts and all those other stats for you. I dont have to log a single thing on the scorecard. I just play golf and After the round you can even go back and look at every single shot you took. and of course, after a few rounds you can see all your stats compiled together, strokes gained, etc. I love it and would hate to go without it now.

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Assuming you have a GHIN account and post your scores - you can get all the stats I reckon you'd be interested in via the GHIN website.

Anyone with a GHIN account can sign up for access.

Post your hole-by-hole scores (noting things like GIRs, fairways, up and downs, bunkers, putts etc...).

Then use their "Reports" page to choose from one of many options for displaying your stats (based on time periods, specific courses, or the whole shebang).

I used to use it a lot a few years ago when I was interested in my stats, but now just post my whole scores and leave it at that.

Two examples of the types of data you can have:

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

If you don't want iphone apps, I highly recommend the original Game Golf. I use it and love how easy it is to track stats. Is it super intuitive? No. But it does a great job and with a small amount of brain work, you can have all of your stats and determine what areas of your game need the most attention. Sometimes it doesn't pick up on shots or gets confused when you're done with one hole but 90% of the time, it is ideal.

I'll look at my stats post round and look at factors like accuracy from X distance and proximity to hole. That helped me realize I needed to work on iron accuracy with certain irons so I can get the ball closer to the hole and drop a few putts from my round. Not only did it help me realize what irons I needed to work on accuracy with, but it also helped me understand gaps in my irons. I found out that I hit my 6 iron one distance, 7 iron 10 yards less, and then 8 iron was 15 yards less than my 7. So now I know why some of my 8 iron shots may come up short.

Basically, it starts out as "oh this is cool" and ended up me becoming a stat nerd but has helped me dial in what clubs are best for my game.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

If you're interested in SG18 stats, BeBrassie will do this for you. You can use it as a GPS app during the round but you don't need to. It tracks all the usual stuff, but also keep strack of your real time club gapping, SG18 for most aspects (long game, tee, short game, putts) and a few other cool things.

I've been playing golf for a long time and have, in the past, competed in state, local, and even a few national qualifiers (humble brag over). If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses, than you're not paying attention. I have to agree with Fergie, it can definitely lead to over analysis.

For an example, I do not need to track "Up and Downs" as a stat to know my short game is not very good and I need to spend more time on it. I don't need to track "Fairways Hit" to know I'm a pretty good driver. I guess, for some people who are anal about stats, it could make sense. I tried tracking stats years ago. I would mark the stats on my scorecard and transfer them to an excel spreadsheet. I learned absolutely nothing about my game I didn't already know.

Just my $.02, YMMV.

Do you use gmail? I can build you a spreadsheet in google sheets and we can customize it however you want. Cloud-based, you just log in and type in the data.

I do this regularly for my consulting clients. It would take me 20 mins and cost you $0.

I enjoy it. Let me know.

No I don't, but I appreciate the offer! :-)

I'm too old to mess with Excel anymore, or any other software for that matter. I use the original GameGolf and it does everything I need. There are other tagging devices that do more, but I get everything I need with the Classic version. Actually, it gives me more information than I probably need.

If you're interested in more info PM me and I'll send you some screen shots of the data available. You can click on my GameGolf home page in my signature for basic info but you cant drill down into club specifics etc.

Thanks!

I looked at Game Golf and Arccos, but I really don't want to go that route. But thank you anyway. :-)

I have friends that keep every stat known to man but their game never changes and they never improve. In my opinion, I believe they overthink it but I just keep quiet. They are friends and I don't bug them about it.

I have always been from the camp that over-analysis can be more detrimental than no analysis at all.

Not saying it’s right or wrong – just the way I look at it.

My days of vast improvement are over. I just like playing, and found a nice way to manage and adjust during a round. I might track putts or greens or fairways during a given round, but never all of them during the same round and only on the front nine. This helps me track tendencies or trends on the front and make minor adjustments on the back to see if things change.

Example: If I miss three putts all to the short side on the front nine, I’ll make slight adjustment to the alignment on the back nine. In other words, no further analysis needed.

You raise a good point. I used to keep track...manually...but I found I was getting more hung up on statistics than playing golf. However, I would also like to see how I am doing overall in specific areas. That said, I would simply keep track of the info on the scorecard and input the data after I got home.

I use The Grint iPhone app and would definitely recommend. You can log during round or after. Several stat categories. You can also link to friends and see their stats through the year as well. Our regular 4some is all on it, so it’s fun to see who leads each category and who plays better at different tracks.

They also have a website your data dumps into. Good info in lots of areas. What I like most is to see scoring tendencies by hole length, fairway vs rough etc. There is also a trends feature that will show you how many holes you have gone between 3 putts, or double bogies, consecutive greens hit, par saves, etc.

First, welcome to GolfWRX!

I looked at Grint, but it really offers much more than I am looking for. Though I like the data it will provide that you outlined in your second paragraph.

I know you said you arent interested in GPS, but I would still highly recommend Arccos. I have the Arccos 360 set and a sensor in each of my clubs. I do not have to keep track of a single thing. It knows when I hit driver or putter. It tracks fairways, GIR, putts and all those other stats for you. I dont have to log a single thing on the scorecard. I just play golf and After the round you can even go back and look at every single shot you took. and of course, after a few rounds you can see all your stats compiled together, strokes gained, etc. I love it and would hate to go without it now.

Mmmm...I may have to rethink the Arccos thing. I have had a shop credit like forever, and haven't been able to think of anything I need. lol

Assuming you have a GHIN account and post your scores - you can get all the stats I reckon you'd be interested in via the GHIN website.

Anyone with a GHIN account can sign up for access.

Post your hole-by-hole scores (noting things like GIRs, fairways, up and downs, bunkers, putts etc...).

Then use their "Reports" page to choose from one of many options for displaying your stats (based on time periods, specific courses, or the whole shebang).

I used to use it a lot a few years ago when I was interested in my stats, but now just post my whole scores and leave it at that.

Two examples of the types of data you can have:

I do have a GHIN account. This may be what I am looking for. Many thanks!

If you don't want iphone apps, I highly recommend the original Game Golf. I use it and love how easy it is to track stats. Is it super intuitive? No. But it does a great job and with a small amount of brain work, you can have all of your stats and determine what areas of your game need the most attention. Sometimes it doesn't pick up on shots or gets confused when you're done with one hole but 90% of the time, it is ideal.

I'll look at my stats post round and look at factors like accuracy from X distance and proximity to hole. That helped me realize I needed to work on iron accuracy with certain irons so I can get the ball closer to the hole and drop a few putts from my round. Not only did it help me realize what irons I needed to work on accuracy with, but it also helped me understand gaps in my irons. I found out that I hit my 6 iron one distance, 7 iron 10 yards less, and then 8 iron was 15 yards less than my 7. So now I know why some of my 8 iron shots may come up short.

Basically, it starts out as "oh this is cool" and ended up me becoming a stat nerd but has helped me dial in what clubs are best for my game.

I am now rethinking the Game Golf or Arccos. However, getting the data through my GHIN account has a certain appeal.

If you're interested in SG18 stats, BeBrassie will do this for you. You can use it as a GPS app during the round but you don't need to. It tracks all the usual stuff, but also keep strack of your real time club gapping, SG18 for most aspects (long game, tee, short game, putts) and a few other cool things.

I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

I've been playing golf for a long time and have, in the past, competed in state, local, and even a few national qualifiers (humble brag over). If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses, than you're not paying attention. I have to agree with Fergie, it can definitely lead to over analysis.

For an example, I do not need to track "Up and Downs" as a stat to know my short game is not very good and I need to spend more time on it. I don't need to track "Fairways Hit" to know I'm a pretty good driver. I guess, for some people who are anal about stats, it could make sense. I tried tracking stats years ago. I would mark the stats on my scorecard and transfer them to an excel spreadsheet. I learned absolutely nothing about my game I didn't already know.

Just my $.02, YMMV.

Well, I been asking myself just how valuable it would be to keep track of the stats. I have a good idea of what I need to work on. But, it might also be fun to see over a period of time how I am doing.

Have you looked into shot by shot?

i have been using it for a couple of years, you will have to input data into your phone during the round.

i used game golf for a couple of months then stop using it. I could not work tagging the club into my preshot routine and was always have to go back and update the round manually.

shot by shot does give strokes gain for all area IE driving, approach (even breaking it down to distances) short game, sand shot and putts.

JS

GolfPad App. I believe this is ONE of the best choices if not the bet. Provides good info/stats along with strokes gained (not sure if official or “their version” of it. Hands down the best customer service/support that I have encountered from any company let alone one in golf industry.

I hadn't heard of that one. I went to their web site and it looks interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have you looked into shot by shot?

i have been using it for a couple of years, you will have to input data into your phone during the round.

i used game golf for a couple of months then stop using it. I could not work tagging the club into my preshot routine and was always have to go back and update the round manually.

shot by shot does give strokes gain for all area IE driving, approach (even breaking it down to distances) short game, sand shot and putts.

JS

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am too cheap to want to pay for a subscription based service. lol Perhaps if I was younger and played more tournament golf it might be just right.

I've used golfshot for a couple years now. It is an app that has GPS capabilities but I rarely use the GPS part. I just use it to keep track of score, # of putts, and fairways hit. The GIR is calculated automatically based on score and # of putts. I like the simplicity of it and the statistics are able to be filtered by course, date range, or last x # of rounds.

Ultimately, I decided I wanted to track more info so I built something to handle it. Probably overkill for what you are looking for but happy to share if you wanted it.

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

I've used golfshot for a couple years now. It is an app that has GPS capabilities but I rarely use the GPS part. I just use it to keep track of score, # of putts, and fairways hit. The GIR is calculated automatically based on score and # of putts. I like the simplicity of it and the statistics are able to be filtered by course, date range, or last x # of rounds.

Ultimately, I decided I wanted to track more info so I built something to handle it. Probably overkill for what you are looking for but happy to share if you wanted it.

I like the simplicity of the data. I am not looking for anything real fancy. The spread sheet might be a bit too much for me. lol

Thanks!

I enjoy it. Let me know.

No I don't, but I appreciate the offer! :-)

No problem. Despite it being near 60 here in Cleveland today, I have been extremely bored this winter. And Cobra took a month to make and deliver my SL irons.

Soooo... lots of basement putting and spreadsheet building!

I am now rethinking the Game Golf or Arccos. However, getting the data through my GHIN account has a certain appeal.

I know it's a pain to fuss with additional stuff on clubs and all of that. Also, looking like a bit of a computer instead of a golfer isn't my favorite but they really are accurate and really dial in a lot more than a spreadsheet would do for you. The biggest issue is remembering to hook up and review the stats after your round. Some rounds are best not reviewed!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]