Vice golf balls

I'm currently smitten with the Vice Pro. I'm a long time Z-Star user, but I try/play about everything (Pro V1, Snell, MG Tour C4, TP5, Chrome Soft, FG Tour, U/6, Cut, BXS, etc., etc.). I was pretty much sold on the Bridgestone as my ball for this year (love the responsiveness, feel, look, results) until I tried a few sleeves of the Vice Pro Neon Lime. For my swing and game, it's the best ball I've ever played (and that's saying something).

I had gotten away from yellow golf balls and gone back to the more traditional white, but the Neon Lime is just perfect. As far as the ball itself, it's a fantastic balance of soft, but not too soft. It has a really tacky, urethane-y feel. Off the club face, the ball trampolines, but doesn't have the periodic jumper/flyer. I wasn't looking for distance, but for my swing speed there's just something about the ball (compression? make-up?) that has added some controlled length to my drives and irons.

Even with my beloved Z-Star I could be nit-picky about a few things (not quite enough greenside spin, maybe a bit shorter than some other premium balls), but with the Vice Pro I've yet to find one fault. For me, it's the best in each category.

How stocked up are you on the lime? I have 11 of the Pro and 1 Pro+ (total of 12 balls) I might let go for a decent price.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently smitten with the Vice Pro. I'm a long time Z-Star user, but I try/play about everything (Pro V1, Snell, MG Tour C4, TP5, Chrome Soft, FG Tour, U/6, Cut, BXS, etc., etc.). I was pretty much sold on the Bridgestone as my ball for this year (love the responsiveness, feel, look, results) until I tried a few sleeves of the Vice Pro Neon Lime. For my swing and game, it's the best ball I've ever played (and that's saying something).

I had gotten away from yellow golf balls and gone back to the more traditional white, but the Neon Lime is just perfect. As far as the ball itself, it's a fantastic balance of soft, but not too soft. It has a really tacky, urethane-y feel. Off the club face, the ball trampolines, but doesn't have the periodic jumper/flyer. I wasn't looking for distance, but for my swing speed there's just something about the ball (compression? make-up?) that has added some controlled length to my drives and irons.

Even with my beloved Z-Star I could be nit-picky about a few things (not quite enough greenside spin, maybe a bit shorter than some other premium balls), but with the Vice Pro I've yet to find one fault. For me, it's the best in each category.

How stocked up are you on the lime? I have 11 of the Pro and 1 Pro+ (total of 12 balls) I might let go for a decent price.

Sent you a pm.

PXG Proto X 9*
Cobra Speedzone 14.5* 

Callaway Apex 20*

Callaway Apex CF19 4-PW
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50* 56*

Titleist Vokey SM6 60*
Titleist Dead-Center 
Srixon Q Star Tour

What's the Pro Soft compare to? I've lost my love of the tour and am getting a lot more distance out of the new Bridgestone

[b]WITB:[/b]
9* G400 Max w/ Xcalibur TSL Tour Stiff and Custom MicroPerf Golf Grip
14* Callaway XR 16 Pro w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Red 75 6.0 and Custom Christmas Golf Grip
3-GW Edel SLS-01 w/ Paderson SL 95g Stiff and alternating Patriotic and Augusta Leather Golf Grips
55* Edel Come and Take It TRP Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Come and Take It Golf Grip
59* Edel PNR Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Augusta Leather Golf Grip
Artisan Golf #0036 0217 w/ Zach Use Only Putter Grip or 0318 w/ Prototype Leather Putter Grip

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][b]BestGrips[/b] is a second generation, underdog golf company making genuine leather golf grips, putter grips, Puttershoes[/size][/font]® [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]and headcovers in the US of A. We are big fans of one off custom work and not afraid of hard work. In the market for game changing grips that combine new with old, performance with looks, and are made right here in the US of A? Then look no further than [/font][b][url="http://www.bestgrips.com"]BestGrips.com[/url]! [/b]Follow us on twitter - [twitter]bestgrips[/twitter]!

[center][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#000000]Use coupon code "[/color][color=#ff0000]wrx15[/color][color=#000000]" at checkout on[/color] [url="http://www.bestgrips.com"]www.bestgrips.com[/url] [color=#000000]and get [b][u]15% off[/u]. [/b][/color][/b][/font][/center]
[center][size=5][b]All grips and headcovers are handmade in Conroe, Texas.[/b][/size][/center]

TL:DR

are they worth a sh&% or not?

9.5 g400 lst kisyoshi black 65 04 
14 cally 816 rombax 7w06s
18 cally 816 rombax 7v06x
2 tm udi revenge 85s
4 tm790 accra tour z ls m5
5-A tm760 modus3 130s
56 sm8 black modus3 130x
60 vokey p-grind spinner+
betti hex t bb zero
best grips 

TL:DR

are they worth a sh&% or not?

Yes

-----> [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/577583-ddettss-witb-updated-11112018/#entry18245128"]See my current WITB[/url]
[color=#000000][b]Callaway [/b][/color][color=#1476a3]Rogue Sub Zero[/color] 9°, [color=#000000][b]Fujikura[/b][/color] [color=#8D272D]VENTUS Red 6 X[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Callaway [/b][/color][color=#36863D]Epic [/color][color=#FBDC42]Flash Sub Zero[/color] 15° [color=#005CA0]Tensei AV Blue 75 X[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Callaway [/b][/color][color=#36863D]Epic [/color][color=#FBDC42]Flash Sub Zero[/color] 18° [color=#005CA0]Tensei AV Blue 75 X[/color]
[color=#0072ce][b]Mizuno[/b][/color] MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, [b][color=#000000]Project X[/color][/b] [color=#0000ff]LZ 6.5[/color]
[color=#0072ce][b]Mizuno[/b][/color] T7 52-09 | 58-12
[color=#000000][b]TaylorMade [/b][/color][color=#0a5640][b]TP[/b][/color] [color=#ffc72a]Mullen[/color]

[url="https://twitter.com/ddetts"][img]http://www.cambridgema.gov/images/Twitter-icon.png[/img][/url] [url="https://www.instagram.com/ddetts/"][img]https://i.imgur.com/lDLcKyO.png?1[/img][/url]

Yes

Thanks. This is why i pay dues here.

KD

9.5 g400 lst kisyoshi black 65 04 
14 cally 816 rombax 7w06s
18 cally 816 rombax 7v06x
2 tm udi revenge 85s
4 tm790 accra tour z ls m5
5-A tm760 modus3 130s
56 sm8 black modus3 130x
60 vokey p-grind spinner+
betti hex t bb zero
best grips 

Yes

Thanks. This is why i pay dues here.

KD

You're welcome, I assumed if you didn't have the time to read the thread you also wouldn't have time to read a lengthy reply.

-----> [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/577583-ddettss-witb-updated-11112018/#entry18245128"]See my current WITB[/url]
[color=#000000][b]Callaway [/b][/color][color=#1476a3]Rogue Sub Zero[/color] 9°, [color=#000000][b]Fujikura[/b][/color] [color=#8D272D]VENTUS Red 6 X[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Callaway [/b][/color][color=#36863D]Epic [/color][color=#FBDC42]Flash Sub Zero[/color] 15° [color=#005CA0]Tensei AV Blue 75 X[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Callaway [/b][/color][color=#36863D]Epic [/color][color=#FBDC42]Flash Sub Zero[/color] 18° [color=#005CA0]Tensei AV Blue 75 X[/color]
[color=#0072ce][b]Mizuno[/b][/color] MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, [b][color=#000000]Project X[/color][/b] [color=#0000ff]LZ 6.5[/color]
[color=#0072ce][b]Mizuno[/b][/color] T7 52-09 | 58-12
[color=#000000][b]TaylorMade [/b][/color][color=#0a5640][b]TP[/b][/color] [color=#ffc72a]Mullen[/color]

[url="https://twitter.com/ddetts"][img]http://www.cambridgema.gov/images/Twitter-icon.png[/img][/url] [url="https://www.instagram.com/ddetts/"][img]https://i.imgur.com/lDLcKyO.png?1[/img][/url]

What's the Pro Soft compare to? I've lost my love of the tour and am getting a lot more distance out of the new Bridgestone

I think it plays a hair softer then a Chrome Soft. I had played the Chrome Soft for two years prior to testing and switching to the Vice pro Soft. If you scroll up a page or so you can see my comparisons on the two.

Played the Vice Pro Soft for the first time today. The good = great driving ball. Long and really straight! (Can you say AVX?). Trajectory seemed lower than what I am accustomed too but on at least 3 holes I hit longer drives than my normal good rip. Soft but not mushy at all.

Irons , again lower flight than what I am accustomed too and felt like they rolled out a little more as well. Almost like the matte finish makes it play more like a top level Surlyn ball. Could have been my ball sticking so will reserve judgement after a couple more rounds.

Chips and short shots were ok and playable , didn’t seem to have the control I get with CS but not bad.

Putting , I little softer feel and seemed like I had to be a just a little more aggressive to get the ball rolling the correct pace. Again something you could adjust to if this was your gamer.

Overall I liked it. However to me it played more like the AVX and less like the CS or Z-Star. Only a good value if you buy 5 , but I do like the red matte finish so it might be worth having in the rotation.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Oh Yeah! Played last year with the Pro.

And I decided to try the Pro Soft for this year.

I found the Pro to be very similar to the Bridgestone B330 I used to play, but they were both a bit too clicky on contact. I'm hoping the Pro Soft will perform as well and feel softer too. The new Softs also have the matte white finish which I am curious to check out.

BT

I found the Pro to be very similar to the Bridgestone B330 I used to play, but they were both a bit too clicky on contact. I'm hoping the Pro Soft will perform as well and feel softer too. The new Softs also have the matte white finish which I am curious to check out.

BT

Curious to hear a follow-up on this? I took two Pro and two Pro Soft on the course last week. Loved the feel of the Soft off the irons and wedges, but the guys at Vice keep telling me that the regular Pro is the ball designed for my driver swing speed.
  • 1 month later...

I was given a sleeve of Vice Pro + and have played them my last couple of rounds. I feel like they are about 10 yards shorter off of my irons. Everything coming up short with lots of spin. It was good off the driver though. anyone else have same experience? I normally play the Tour Preffered X or a Kirkland.

Ping G400 LST Matrix VLCT XX 70
Callaway X2Hot 15* JPN version Fujikura F3 7x
TaylorMade M3 Rescue 19* Tensei Blue 70x
Wilson C300 forged 4-GW  KBS C taper 130x
Wilson PMP raw 56 bent to 53
TM High toe 58 atv grind
Piretti Potenza II Black Onyx, Machine M2A, Wilson "L" or TM TP Black copper Ardmore
TM TP5x

• 2 months later...

Vice Pro are nice, but I had them personalized with my mother-in-law's bitmoji.

Somehow it's putting me off... It's like she's looking at me...

Going to try the Snell MTB Black today.

Turn it to where the clubface will hit it.... you'll feel better then.

BT

Bag 1

Cobra King LTD Pro 9.5* HZRDUS Black 7 6.0 @ 44.5"
King LTD 14.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
F6 5-7 @ 17.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Bag 2
F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Bag 3
Mizuno ST190 9.5* - Diamana "Flowerband" Whiteboard 73 S @ 44.5"
Mizuno ST190 14.5* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80 S @ 43"
Epic Flash Heavenwood 19* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80 S @ 42" 
Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Roo Midsize

BT

BT

Curious to hear a follow-up on this? I took two Pro and two Pro Soft on the course last week. Loved the feel of the Soft off the irons and wedges, but the guys at Vice keep telling me that the regular Pro is the ball designed for my driver swing speed.

The Pro Soft felt fine, but I can't stand the matte finish. Stays way too dirty IMHO. Went back to the Pro for now. Playing the Duo Urethane in winter rounds.

BT

Bag 1

Cobra King LTD Pro 9.5* HZRDUS Black 7 6.0 @ 44.5"
King LTD 14.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
F6 5-7 @ 17.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Bag 2
F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Bag 3
Mizuno ST190 9.5* - Diamana "Flowerband" Whiteboard 73 S @ 44.5"
Mizuno ST190 14.5* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80 S @ 43"
Epic Flash Heavenwood 19* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80 S @ 42" 
Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Roo Midsize

Been playing pro+ for more than 1 year and loved them, now orderer pro, let's see how they perform.

Did you guys find differences just with the lower trajectory betweek pro+ and pro or there is something more?

The Pro+ is supposed to have a little more spin around the green. They spin about the same to me, but I have a human SS (driver ~102), however my buddy who has a superhuman (not for WRX but for the rest of the world) SS (driver ~115), loves the Pro+ and he gets some serious spin on the greens.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Been playing pro+ for more than 1 year and loved them, now orderer pro, let's see how they perform.

Did you guys find differences just with the lower trajectory betweek pro+ and pro or there is something more?

The Pro+ is supposed to have a little more spin around the green. They spin about the same to me, but I have a human SS (driver ~102), however my buddy who has a superhuman (not for WRX but for the rest of the world) SS (driver ~115), loves the Pro+ and he gets some serious spin on the greens.

Thank you!

If you’re worried about a semi dirty ball, you’re a chick.

For the price, these are GREAT balls. But it’s like comparing a budget ball to a high end.

They are spherical and will fly fine but get marked up a bit and show their wear. Don’t cry about it because you know it’s coming on EVERY SINGLE MODEL.

Don’t ever second guess buying them. They are teriffic for the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the Pro and Pro Plus over Winter. Decent ball, a little on the hard side.

Spin characteristics seem very inconsistent, had a tough time getting used to using it well around the greens.

Going to try out the Snell next, hoping it can give me some consistency closer to what I'm used to with the Pro V/X

• 2 weeks later...

i played vice for a bit. they were good. it is time for them to innovate and progress.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX