John Rahm press conference

indianalawnguy

Your tour?

If spectator viewership would dry up, what do you think would happen to the PGA Tour? Yep. It would go away and no one would be sponsoring anyone. So yeah.

This.

The tour exists because of people like me (and you). Hopefully we don't need to get deeper into the semantics.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot Big Horn hosted him for free this week too. So what? The guy can't thank his supporters? Get a grip.

You wreak of jealousy.

I think the word you were looking for is reek?! It was mentioned on page 1 however I will reiterate impressive win by Sergio AND Fleetwood with inferior(according to some WRX folks)Nike equipment.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Hey, Boys!!! Don't you know that the "Tour" existed for many, many years without TV.

And, also without great "corporate" sponsorships.

In fact, if you want a little edumacation, look up "Amana" and what they did for the PGA Tour.

The Tour would certainly go on without TV.

Probably in a few years, actual "televised" programs will be the outlier, with individualized content available to your mobile device. Think something like this: you can turn in, and watch all 18 holes of your favorite player; or, tune in to just the certain parts of the course, similar to what The Masters does today already.

As for the subject at hand, I find it amusing the "new" generation of recreational golfers (you and me, if you lost track of the discussion) seems to think that the equipment and such is fine for the game, but a little post-tournament press conference interview that moves from "traditional" gets all these millenial snowflake golfers in a big hissy fit.

Get over it....it's what golf is coming to and you are to blame

Sure it would "go on", but in it's current iteration? Not a chance.

TV is what brings in the money. The viewership to buy the products. The sponsors want as many people as possible to see their product front and center. Period. No audience, or a MUCH smaller audience, the sponsorship dollars evaporate.

You're basically saying that if TV would go away tomorrow, nothing would change in Professional Sports. Really?

And yes, "The Tour" existed before TV, but it is no accident that during the Tiger Era, purses and viewership went UP big time. You think that's an accident? It just happen to be the same time more Americans than ever got TVs in their home.

I have an Edumacation and I'm a history buff.

I'm not a Millenial. I'm not a purist either. But when a GOLFER (which is an individual sport) starts talking about his sponsors before anything else, it becomes a colossal joke.

Hey, Boys!!! Don't you know that the "Tour" existed for many, many years without TV.

And, also without great "corporate" sponsorships.

In fact, if you want a little edumacation, look up "Amana" and what they did for the PGA Tour.

Probably in a few years, actual "televised" programs will be the outlier, with individualized content available to your mobile device. Think something like this: you can turn in, and watch all 18 holes of your favorite player; or, tune in to just the certain parts of the course, similar to what The Masters does today already.

As for the subject at hand, I find it amusing the "new" generation of recreational golfers (you and me, if you lost track of the discussion) seems to think that the equipment and such is fine for the game, but a little post-tournament press conference interview that moves from "traditional" gets all these millenial snowflake golfers in a big hissy fit.

Get over it....it's what golf is coming to and you are to blame

Wish there was a dislike button. -1

The tour may have existed without TV, but it was not even close to being comparable to the tour we have today. It's a pretty simple fact that if fans stop consuming the product, whether that is through ticket sales, TV, internet streaming, or this website, the corporate advertising money would dry up and the purses and endorsement deals would radically shrink. I don't see how this can be disputed.

I think you have your demographics confused. It is certainly not the millennial generation that gets so butt frustrated over some golfer showing a little emotion on the course or thanking the people who support him. It tends to be the old dinosaurs yelling at clouds and longing for the days of their youth, angry that time has passed them by, who get upset at these sorts of things.

Did anyone listen to the Career Builder press conference tonight and feel like they were listening to a NASCAR press conference???"I would like to thank Taylormade and twistface technology...Rolex, Adidas and my newest sponsor Mercedes"!!!

I know without sponsors the PGA tour wouldn't be playing for the $ they are playing for and that player endorsements help the players pay the bills. Just thought it sou def different than most players press conferences.

He said that during his greenside interview as well and I giggled and said aloud, "Is this NASCAR?" Glad I wasn't the only one.

Apparently none of you have ever had sponsors for anything. When companies are investing millions of dollars in partnering with public facing individuals they expect their products to be brought up whenever possible, especially when there is success using that product. Spend an hour on Instagram and check out any of the fitness athletes, and almost every workout has their sponsor brought up somehow or being leveraged in the video.

I guess you missed the part where Jon Rahm isn't a fitness athlete on Instagram.

The point being made is that Rahm's shout-out was more so than your typical shout out. It wasn't a rip. His shout-out was over the top. And I'm not a Rahm hater. As a fellow Basque, he's my favorite player. Now get over yourself.

Did anyone listen to the Career Builder press conference tonight and feel like they were listening to a NASCAR press conference???"I would like to thank Taylormade and twistface technology...Rolex, Adidas and my newest sponsor Mercedes"!!!

I know without sponsors the PGA tour wouldn't be playing for the $ they are playing for and that player endorsements help the players pay the bills. Just thought it sou def different than most players press conferences.

He said that during his greenside interview as well and I giggled and said aloud, "Is this NASCAR?" Glad I wasn't the only one.

Apparently none of you have ever had sponsors for anything. When companies are investing millions of dollars in partnering with public facing individuals they expect their products to be brought up whenever possible, especially when there is success using that product. Spend an hour on Instagram and check out any of the fitness athletes, and almost every workout has their sponsor brought up somehow or being leveraged in the video.

I guess you missed the part where Jon Rahm isn't a fitness athlete on Instagram.

The point being made is that Rahm's shout-out was more so than your typical shout out. It wasn't a rip. His shout-out was over the top. And I'm not a Rahm hater. As a fellow Basque, he's my favorite player. Now get over yourself.

LOL you’re kidding me right, get over myself?

I’m going to move on, as your types of comments lead to a ban, and you’re not worth my time or game to flame. Out

Why is such a big deal?

Got to b**** about something with no tourneys to view for a few days. It's what we do. :not_i:

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

Professional golf and NASCAR are very similar actually. I am not surprised that OP made that connection

Yes I am being serious.

agree.. and we should look at Nascar as a cautionary tale as to how to not let advertisers invest enough money so as to give them control..... nascar was ruined for the core fan by 2002ish....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So when Beef has a heart attack I wonder if he will be required to thank his sponsor Arby's.

Two roast beef sandwiches with extra Arby's sauce and a vanilla shake. That's the lunch of a champion.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

LOL you’re kidding me right, get over myself?

I’m going to move on, as your types of comments lead to a ban, and you’re not worth my time or game to flame. Out

toodles

So, I was busy this weekend but I gather than Rahm won and his immediate post-round lacked, shall we say, 'subtlety' as to the matters most at hand?

Double Bummer but not exactly newsworthy.

He's a petulant tool on the course playing this year's model. If you stick around, you know you're gonna hear about it after he wins.

It means nothing.

A friend and I ran a street stock race care for a few years at Langley back in the early 90's and there is no way we could have done it without sponsors.

Tires - fuel - food - broken parts - sheet metal - insurance - transportation & trailering costs etc. etc. etc.

A $150 a week would get you some pretty nice sized lettering on the old Monte Carlo.

Nothing wrong with "plugging" your sponsors. ;)

Your tour?

If spectator viewership would dry up, what do you think would happen to the PGA Tour? Yep. It would go away and no one would be sponsoring anyone. So yeah.

This.

The tour exists because of people like me (and you). Hopefully we don't need to get deeper into the semantics.

The TOUR exists as we know it because corporations think they find value in marketing to golfers. We are, as a whole, a much more focused demographic than you can find in most other sports. Without corporate dollars sponsoring tournaments and paying for golf channel commercials there would be fewer tournaments, less coverage, etc.

So, you take the good with the bad. I agree there may come a time a sponsor's pull goes too far. Specifically, I've posted in the thread about FedEx preventing competitors' logos from being worn during playoff events...that's a slippery slope that could end up actually hurting the competition.

But a guy saying thank you to his sponsors? Many of which are the same corporations pumping money into the game at a professional, and even amateur level? That doesn't upset me at all.

some of you guys would flip out if the Thanksgiving turkey was over cooked

Since I'm the cook in the house, yes, if I overcooked the Thanksgiving Turkey, I would flip out. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

recognizing things that we have control over. Rahms attitude isn't one of em' . It's not that it happens it how you react to it. Aww geez I'm rambling.. :swoon:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Since I'm the cook in the house, yes, if I overcooked the Thanksgiving Turkey, I would flip out. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

recognizing things that we have control over. Rahms attitude isn't one of em' . It's not that it happens it how you react to it. Aww geez I'm rambling.. :swoon:

Trying to justify a False Equivalency doesn't make the False Equivalency so.

Wait until they get sponsors for individual clubs.

Interviewer: So Jon it looks like you really powdered that Red Bull TaylorMade M3 driver all day. Tell us about it.

Jon Rahm: Yeah thank you. It's been great but speaking of powdered, that Goody's Headache Powder 9 iron approach to 18 really set me up for the win. Was an easy roll in for the Draino TaylorMade Spider slant neck.

Interviewer: Awesome. Awesome. Great birdie on the par 3 13th also with a little wind aided 7 iron in from 190 today.

JR: You mean Gatorade-ed 7 iron don't you!? Yeah the Purple Ice Gatorade TaylorMade 730 Rahm Proto 7 iron just rode that little left to right breeze like we planned.

Interviewer: Tell us what happened on16? You were in position A off the tee but came up a little short.

JR: Well the Kraft CHUNKY Blue Cheese Dressing 6 iron lived up to its name but fortunately I was able to use my Gorilla Glue TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60* wedge to "stick" it close and escape with a par....

So you can see there's still room for improvement.

I'm in tears... thank you for this

Ping G400 9* - Oban Kiyoshi Black 65x
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 15* - Graphite Design AD-DI 75x

Taylormade Sim 18* - Diamana Kai'li  70x
Taylormade 790 4i - Graphite Design AD-DI 95x 
Taylormade P-7MC 5-P - DG TI Onyx x100
Titleist SM8 50, 55 & 60 - DG TI Onyx s400
Artisan 0519 - 35"

You wreak of jealousy.

what he said... I think he reeks too lol

You know, depending on what they did, it might be her colon she was smelling on the sheets.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Trying to justify a False Equivalency doesn't make the False Equivalency so.

best I could do given the time restraint I'm under :dntknw:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"