Miura 1957 Small Blade/Baby Blade enthusiasts thread! (Lots of enabling and physics lessons inside)

PopIt&DropIt

I’ll pass I’m sure it’s more of the same. Thanks for the laughs.

It's "more of the same" because that's how the laws of physics works. It's always "the same" because Newtonian physics and materials science is "the same". Heck, even the false assumptions by the carney sham "forgiving" club manufacturers is all "the same" too.

Thanks for sharing your BB enthusiasm.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Ill pass Im sure its more of the same. Thanks for the laughs.

It's "more of the same" because that's how the laws of physics works. It's always "the same" because Newtonian physics and materials science is "the same". Heck, even the false assumptions by the carney sham "forgiving" club manufacturers is all "the same" too.

I stopped in for the enabling and faux physics.

I’ll pass I’m sure it’s more of the same. Thanks for the laughs.

I stopped in for the enabling and faux physics.

Me too. I actually own two sets of BBs, enabled by fellow WRX BB owners. And if you read all my posts I explain the faux physics of "forgiveness" as marketed by carney sham(e) "forgiving" club manufacturers. As stated, and with specific examples and thorough technical explanations, there are false assumptions in the faux "science" of "forgiveness". What I mentioned already about a clubhead rotating about it's CG is just an example and one point. It's complete faux science to assume as such when it is obvious that the shaft is what keeps the clubhead stable.

Registered Bladeocrat

FYI MOI as a clubhead rotates around it's own CG is technically meaningless. A clubhead is attached to a shaft as the golfer swings it. The shaft is what provides all the support on the clubhead and what holds it steady. It also prevents all and any other rotation other than rotation around itself. It prevents rotation around the CG from ever occurring.

So besides all the other science I posted about the carney sham of "forgiveness", this is yet another one. It's a complete false assumption that a clubhead can ever rotate around it's own CG.

LOL and this ain't no laughing matter.

Incorrect. Tom Wishon already put you in your place when you said gear effect is a sham and your same "physics" is wrong when you say the club doesn't rotate about the CG on off center strikes, which it does. In fact, gear effect occurs when the club rotates around it's CG, that's what it's all about. That's how REAL physics works. The sham is your claiming to know more than people that design clubs for a living.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I’m still wondering why there’s a P790 2 iron beside a BB 2 iron in the pic associated with this thread. Why would you even carry a P790 when the BB is longer and more forgiving?

If you read my posts I explain technically why the science of "forgiveness" is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of all golfers playing with any golf clubs no matter how they view the science.

It's why no carney sham(e) "forgiving" club manufacturer can ever produce statistically valid data on their clubs that prove the supposed "forgiving" benefit they are supposed to bring. With enough practice with a properly fitted club, the vast majority of us could play blades or GI irons and it wouldn't make much difference to our final scores on a day to day basis.

You ought to try to actually play BBs before you pass judgement on them. In my experience my 2i BB fully kicked my TEE CB2 5w and any other iron out of the bag. In my experience the 2i is not longer (by 5 yds) but it is a more versatile club on the course and it is slightly easier to hit.

Registered Bladeocrat

I’m still wondering why there’s a P790 2 iron beside a BB 2 iron in the pic associated with this thread. Why would you even carry a P790 when the BB is longer and more forgiving?

If you read my posts I explain technically why the science of "forgiveness" is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of all golfers playing with any golf clubs no matter how they view the science.

It's why no carney sham(e) "forgiving" club manufacturer can ever produce statistically valid data on their clubs that prove the supposed "forgiving" benefit they are supposed to bring. With enough practice with a properly fitted club, the vast majority of us could play blades or GI irons and it wouldn't make much difference to our final scores on a day to day basis.

You ought to try to actually play BBs before you pass judgement on them. In my experience my 2i BB fully kicked my TEE CB2 5w and any other iron out of the bag. In my experience the 2i is not longer (by 5 yds) but it is a more versatile club on the course and it is slightly easier to hit.

I gotta believe you’re just some kind of troll at this point. Nothing you say makes a bit of sense. You didn’t even answer my question that I posted even though it wasn’t necessary directed at you. Smh lol

FYI MOI as a clubhead rotates around it's own CG is technically meaningless. A clubhead is attached to a shaft as the golfer swings it. The shaft is what provides all the support on the clubhead and what holds it steady. It also prevents all and any other rotation other than rotation around itself. It prevents rotation around the CG from ever occurring.

So besides all the other science I posted about the carney sham of "forgiveness", this is yet another one. It's a complete false assumption that a clubhead can ever rotate around it's own CG.

LOL and this ain't no laughing matter.

Incorrect. Tom Wishon already put you in your place when you said gear effect is a sham and your same "physics" is wrong when you say the club doesn't rotate about the CG on off center strikes, which it does. In fact, gear effect occurs when the club rotates around it's CG, that's what it's all about. That's how REAL physics works. The sham is your claiming to know more than people that design clubs for a living.

The "gear effect" is completely carney sham faux science for exactly the same reason as high MOI clubhead is "forgiveness". LMAO slow motion video already proves the "gear effect" doesn't happen.

Once again you cannot just use simple Newtonian physics to prove and refute that the clubhead can rotate around it's CG when the shaft is preventing it.

In order for the clubhead to rotate around its CG it has to be a free floating body with nothing to prevent it from rotating that way. In the system of a golf club hitting a golf ball, the clubhead on the club is NOT, in physical reality, a free floating body. The reason? The attachment of the clubhead to the...

...wait for it...

...SHAFT!

So therefore any "theory" put forth that assumes the clubhead can rotate around its CG is a theory based on a false premise. This includes the "gear effect" and high MOI clubhead being "forgiving".

You can research what I'm saying yourself if you understand the two books I referenced earlier. They are college junior level engineering textbooks and if you understand them completely then you can understand the real physics of golf like I am explaining.

The sham is on the carney "forgiving" club manufacturers. And the shame is that they all know, including their #1 engineer, that I'm 100% following all laws of science.

Registered Bladeocrat

I gotta believe you’re just some kind of troll at this point. Nothing you say makes a bit of sense. You didn’t even answer my question that I posted even though it wasn’t necessary directed at you. Smh lol

I actually did answer your question. The reason is that the length and forgiveness of the BB is not going to be that significant. So who cares if the owner has two different 2i's?

Sorry if this wasn't clear. My first sentence was the answer.

Registered Bladeocrat

The "gear effect" is completely carney sham faux science for exactly the same reason as high MOI clubhead is "forgiveness".

This quote sums up this entire discussion. And those that believe your faux science should read this sentence closely and realize how nutty your theories are. Nothing short of conspiracy theories and tin foil hats.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Im still wondering why theres a P790 2 iron beside a BB 2 iron in the pic associated with this thread. Why would you even carry a P790 when the BB is longer and more forgiving?

I gotta believe youre just some kind of troll at this point. Nothing you say makes a bit of sense. You didnt even answer my question that I posted even though it wasnt necessary directed at you. Smh lol

I actually did answer your question. The reason is that the length and forgiveness of the BB is not going to be that significant. So who cares if the owner has two different 2i's?

Sorry if this wasn't clear. My first sentence was the answer.

Lol. What question does that answer. Why would someone have two 2 irons? What gap are they filling? Which is suppose to be the longer club? Surely not the P790 because based on your delusions they should find a BB 1 iron as the P790 is shorter and less forgiving.

The "gear effect" is completely carney sham faux science for exactly the same reason as high MOI clubhead is "forgiveness".

This quote sums up this entire discussion. And those that believe your faux science should read this sentence closely and realize how nutty your theories are. Nothing short of conspiracy theories and tin foil hats.

More deflection and inability to provide a technical rebuttal. If you read those books I recommended (with full comprehension of the math), you would understand.

Since you can't provide an actual technical reply using laws of science, let's move on. Just note that the physical reality is a clubhead attached to a shaft. What's nutty is to envision the clubhead as if it's detatched. Even nuttier is to create and believe in a faux science around this.

Registered Bladeocrat

It’s one of two things. He’s just plain and simple trolling. Or he’s a bad golfer that wants to justify playing blades SO BADLY that he has completely fabricated and concocted all this garb. Nobody cares what he plays for whatever reason he claims but I can’t imagine anyone of sound mind believing a word he’s typing.

I picked up a set 2 weeks ago and hadnt got a chance to hit them until tonight. I hit exactly one ball with a seven iron about 15 minutes ago (I live on a muni golf course). Sadly I did not pure it. Hit it on the toe for sure. Is the 57LE more forgiving than a GI iron? I suspect not as it is basically a solid bar of soft steel. The tech in a GI club undoubtedly provides greater distance (stronger lofts are part of it no doubt) and less dispersion on an off center hit due to the larger size of the clubface. The thing is that even with my Mizuno mp64s, a so called players iron, I would not have been able to tell you exactly how off I was on a given shot. By feel alone, I could tell that the shot was slightly on the toe, the ball would have gone pretty straight, maybe a draw at the tail end. The feel was not harsh but for sure was slightly off. So much feedback off one swing. I am already hooked and look forward to comparing them to my mizunos. I strongly suspect that my mizunos will be relegated to a backup travel set.

It’s one of two things. He’s just plain and simple trolling. Or he’s a bad golfer that wants to justify playing blades SO BADLY that he has completely fabricated and concocted all this garb. Nobody cares what he plays for whatever reason he claims but I can’t imagine anyone of sound mind believing a word he’s typing.

I'm just posting about my BB enthusiasm and the physics is a part of it.

If you read the whole thread, along the way there are those that agree. In fact, the OP of this thread modified the thread title to accommodate my technical posts.

Registered Bladeocrat

If you read the whole thread, along the way there are those that agree. In fact, the OP of this thread modified the thread title to accommodate my technical posts.

There’s nothing technical about any of your posts. For giggles I’m still wanting to hear why someone would carry a BB 2iron and a 790 2iron. What gap is being covered? Based on your faux science the 790 would be shorter so what’s the point? Does the person need a gap between their 2 and 3 iron?

I picked up a set 2 weeks ago and hadnt got a chance to hit them until tonight. I hit exactly one ball with a seven iron about 15 minutes ago (I live on a muni golf course). Sadly I did not pure it. Hit it on the toe for sure. Is the 57LE more forgiving than a GI iron? I suspect not as it is basically a solid bar of soft steel. The tech in a GI club undoubtedly provides greater distance (stronger lofts are part of it no doubt) and less dispersion on an off center hit due to the larger size of the clubface. The thing is that even with my Mizuno mp64s, a so called players iron, I would not have been able to tell you exactly how off I was on a given shot. By feel alone, I could tell that the shot was slightly on the toe, the ball would have gone pretty straight, maybe a draw at the tail end. The feel was not harsh but for sure was slightly off. So much feedback off one swing. I am already hooked and look forward to comparing them to my mizunos. I strongly suspect that my mizunos will be relegated to a backup travel set.

Yay, an actual BB player! Congratulations on your start. Before I got my first set I gamed mp67s. And FYI/LOL they got relegated to travel/beater set quickly.

Looking forward to reading about your BB journey.

And don't forget pics!

Registered Bladeocrat

Pretty sure this is not as forgiving as the 1K waffle irons out there today

Remember this thought after you've gamed them for a full season.

Registered Bladeocrat

The one thing they, in my opinion, could be arguably best at is feedback. This is not evidenced by being able to tell where on face the ball hit crystal clear, but in the pure shots. I have never hit a club that has that amount of "feedback" in a sweetspot strike. So you have that to look forward to.

As for all the science, it reads like politics and the Bible to me, it is spun to fit the narrative. The human element is the only real variable, and whatever makes said human feel comfortable is going to be the most forgiving. Maybe everyone's own personal biases influence their beliefs in the science because if they didn't, then they wouldn't be playing the thing they are most comfortable with. Presumably anyone on a golf forum is serious enough for that not to be the case.

Kinda late to this party but I will say DeNinny knows his physics and science trust me. Besides if an old country boy redneck like me can understand where he is at (after 3 readings or so) then you better educated folks ought to understand.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Kinda late to this party but I will say DeNinny knows his physics and science trust me. Besides if an old country boy redneck like me can understand where he is at (after 3 readings or so) then you better educated folks ought to understand.

If he knows it then he sure isn’t able to apply it. Everything he says it total irrelevant rubbish only to support a lie he wants very badly to believe.

I dont pretend to know ( or care) much about physics lessons ... Not in the finite realm that some do .

But i can tell you ive recently learned alot about club COG and why i hit what i hit well and why i dont hit most GI irons well. By well i mean controlled . Not that i cant hit them ..not that i dont get good contact etc .. Just that the results are so frustrating at times.

Clubs with forgiveness have their COG moved up and out ... this is the way to achieve heel to toe forgiveness ... But what nobody tells you is that this also makes them harder to hit flush .... You cannot get the COG to or below the equator of the ball. In my opinion alot of am golfers hit it low and think its them.. Its the high COG irons they are playing. If you disagree with the idea of them being harder to hit flush , you do not know what a flushed iron shot feels like. Hint.. that teed up flier you have in the rough now and again ...... Thats what a flushed shot from a tight lie feels like with a low COG iron whos sole cuts instead of bounces. My point? Its a trade ... you trade heel to toe forgiveness for the ability to hit an actual flush shot if you play a small low COG iron..and you trade the ability to hit a truly flush shot from any tight lie for the heel /toe forgiveness if youre playing a modern high/mid COG iron with a wide sole. There is no free lunch .

I say this as a guy who has played them all with good success score wise .... Its like turning a switch on and off for me side by side same shaft etc ... A real eye opening experience .My game has to be adjusted to play GI... The sole that wont cut into the turf is unpredictable for me in some situations ...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

There’s nothing technical about any of your posts. For giggles I’m still wanting to hear why someone would carry a BB 2iron and a 790 2iron. What gap is being covered? Based on your faux science the 790 would be shorter so what’s the point? Does the person need a gap between their 2 and 3 iron?

no true at all a 790 2 iron i swhat 16-17 degrees? spring face and mostly tee used... you can tee it up and get a low spin bomb out of it ... its like a mini fairway wood.. I could absolutely play the 790 as a 4 wood and the BB 2 as a 2 iron ... a thin 2 iron is hit off the deck as much as tee ...maybe more into par 5s... theres probably 25 yards difference in distance for those 2 clubs for me off a tee. But when you come back to control... it swings the other way .

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I dont pretend to know ( or care) much about physics lessons ... Not in the finite realm that some do .

But i can tell you ive recently learned alot about club COG and why i hit what i hit well and why i dont hit most GI irons well. By well i mean controlled . Not that i cant hit them ..not that i dont get good contact etc .. Just that the results are so frustrating at times.

Clubs with forgiveness have their COG moved up and out ... this is the way to achieve heel to toe forgiveness ... But what nobody tells you is that this also makes them harder to hit flush .... You cannot get the COG to or below the equator of the ball. In my opinion alot of am golfers hit it low and think its them.. Its the high COG irons they are playing. If you disagree with the idea of them being harder to hit flush , you do not know what a flushed iron shot feels like. Hint.. that teed up flier you have in the rough now and again ...... Thats what a flushed shot from a tight lie feels like with a low COG iron whos sole cuts instead of bounces. My point? Its a trade ... you trade heel to toe forgiveness for the ability to hit an actual flush shot if you play a small low COG iron..and you trade the ability to hit a truly flush shot from any tight lie for the heel /toe forgiveness if youre playing a modern high/mid COG iron with a wide sole. There is no free lunch .

I say this as a guy who has played them all with good success score wise .... Its like turning a switch on and off for me side by side same shaft etc ... A real eye opening experience .My game has to be adjusted to play GI... The sole that wont cut into the turf is unpredictable for me in some situations ...

Cmon man you’re blowing as much smoke as the other dude. I know you love the “turf interaction” thing but it has zero to do with hitting a ball flush. There’s no iron that has so much bounce that you can hit it flush off a cart path if you’re good enough to do it. The fact you act like bounce actually bounces is pretty funny and if it matters you’re hitting the ball wrong. I mean the ball contact has already happened before the club makes contact with the turf. The center of the club is the center of the club and what everyone strives for the only trade off is getting a little help when you don’t.

Cmon man you’re blowing as much smoke as the other dude. I know you love the “turf interaction” thing but it has zero to do with hitting a ball flush. There’s no iron that has so much bounce that you can hit it flush off a cart path if you’re good enough to do it. The fact you act like bounce actually bounces is pretty funny and if it matters you’re hitting the ball wrong. I mean the ball contact has already happened before the club makes contact with the turf. The center of the club is the center of the club and what everyone strives for the only trade off is getting a little help when you don’t.

nobody said it "bounced" literally .. im not saying im hitting it fat... Im just saying tee up your 790 1/4 inch ..hit it center... now hit it center off a firm fairway ... see the difference in height and flight ? I can achive the teed up flight , distance and control from the fairway , firm or not with an iron that cuts... I cant explain that any simpler..

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

nobody said it "bounced" literally .. im not saying im hitting it fat... Im just saying tee up your 790 1/4 inch ..hit it center... now hit it center off a firm fairway ... see the difference in height and flight ? I can achive the teed up flight , distance and control from the fairway , firm or not with an iron that cuts... I cant explain that any simpler..

Your example is moot because it would never be 1/4” off the turf and don’t pretend like it’s impossible to flight a non blade. If that’s what works for you cool but it isn’t something set in stone for everyone. Again ball contact and turf contact is gonna be the same no matter what club you hit with perfect contact. The difference is gonna be a small divot or a beaver pelt.

surely you believe and feel the difference on full or feel shots with different grinds for wedges??? if so same same with irons . Im not saying your preference is wrong.. I just wonder how many folks dont know they prefer something else because they are afraid to try?

Youve not heard me claim "a blade is longer"...Nor more "forgiving".....But i have said they arent the boogey man and that turf interaction is a major pet peeve of mine . More people could play them especially form a 5 iron down because of hybrids already in the bag and might score better. My scores havent dropped , my cap has actually risen 1.4 points since 2 months ago when my last real tournament was and i swapped from my MB sets.... Its maddening to me... I WANT to like the set i have more than any set i have had before.. and i hit good shots..But i just do not feel in control ....and i practice with them and my 7-pw MB set side by side daily... so i can see the difference. I dont hit them any farther either until the 4 iron .. I say all that to say ..I have no agenda except the truth. Bottom line is that if you hit the center of the face often , and dont play in seattle or the northeast where it rains weekly , a small thin iron is just as easy to score with , maybe easier.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock