2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Miura 1957 Small Blade/Baby Blade enthusiasts thread! (Lots of enabling and physics lessons inside)

PopIt&DropIt

> @nandersen said:

> > @f123acez said:

> > > @"PopIt&DropIt" said:

> > > > @f123acez said:

> > > > guys i love my baby blades, more than anything whatsoever, best iron ive ever hit ...............

> > > >

> > > > BUT ....................

> > > >

> > > > i cannot hit my **** 2 or 3 iron.. even the 4 iron off the turn.. off the tee on par 3s or short 4s they are fine, i can get the ball in the air... but second shots into par 5s, anything with forced carry, whatever it is, i just really cannot get these in the air enough to carry in my opinion....

> > > >

> > > > anyone run a bit of a combo set? thinking of going for the cb57s in 3 and 4 iron to replace the blades .. i just feel i dont get these up and flying enough rly

> > > >

> > > > do i go for the cb57s in 3 and 4 iron or stick it out with my BBs and just get better at the game (LOL)

> > >

> > > I got a cb 57 3iron when I first got my baby blades and I didn't find them any easier to hit. They are longer heel to toe but I hit the BB 3 iron better. Many others here reported the same. If you want a Miura cavity back I think the cb 1008s are a better fit, although still not all that much more forgiving. There are a number of guys, myself included who feel the Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi makes for a great baby blade long iron replacement. I bagged one with my BBs for all of last year and think its a great club. Very high launch and comes off like a rocket. Although much bigger I also think the Srixon u85 makes a great replacement and what I currently use.

> >

> > my issue isnt hitting them. i pure every single one of them from 2 iron to pitching wedge. they feel like missiles off the face. i just find the long irons 2,3,4 i cannot get it UP in the air. its like im hitting stingers with them. the rest my ball flight and launch is great in my opinion..

>

> If you ask me, any issue with ball flight is an issue with "hitting them". A pured iron that doesn't launch and fly true isn't a pured iron in my book.

I can pure any clubhead with any shaft by hitting it flush on the face, but if it doesn't give me the desired trajectory, then who cares? It won't find the bag. And if you can't get it up, then it sounds like it won't find a spot in your bag either. I hope I'm not offending you by insinuating that you are a poor golfer or are unable to flush the clubs - that isn't what I meant. It would be like hitting a shaft that gives you a dead launch compared to a high launch, it's a simple matter of picking the right one for your game.

> @nandersen said:

> > @nandersen said:

> > > @f123acez said:

> > > > @"PopIt&DropIt" said:

> > > > > @f123acez said:

> > > > > guys i love my baby blades, more than anything whatsoever, best iron ive ever hit ...............

> > > > >

> > > > > BUT ....................

> > > > >

> > > > > i cannot hit my **** 2 or 3 iron.. even the 4 iron off the turn.. off the tee on par 3s or short 4s they are fine, i can get the ball in the air... but second shots into par 5s, anything with forced carry, whatever it is, i just really cannot get these in the air enough to carry in my opinion....

> > > > >

> > > > > anyone run a bit of a combo set? thinking of going for the cb57s in 3 and 4 iron to replace the blades .. i just feel i dont get these up and flying enough rly

> > > > >

> > > > > do i go for the cb57s in 3 and 4 iron or stick it out with my BBs and just get better at the game (LOL)

> > > >

> > > > I got a cb 57 3iron when I first got my baby blades and I didn't find them any easier to hit. They are longer heel to toe but I hit the BB 3 iron better. Many others here reported the same. If you want a Miura cavity back I think the cb 1008s are a better fit, although still not all that much more forgiving. There are a number of guys, myself included who feel the Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi makes for a great baby blade long iron replacement. I bagged one with my BBs for all of last year and think its a great club. Very high launch and comes off like a rocket. Although much bigger I also think the Srixon u85 makes a great replacement and what I currently use.

> > >

> > > my issue isnt hitting them. i pure every single one of them from 2 iron to pitching wedge. they feel like missiles off the face. i just find the long irons 2,3,4 i cannot get it UP in the air. its like im hitting stingers with them. the rest my ball flight and launch is great in my opinion..

> >

> > If you ask me, any issue with ball flight is an issue with "hitting them". A pured iron that doesn't launch and fly true isn't a pured iron in my book.

>

> I can pure any clubhead with any shaft by hitting it flush on the face, but if it doesn't give me the desired trajectory, then who cares? It won't find the bag. And if you can't get it up, then it sounds like it won't find a spot in your bag either. I hope I'm not offending you by insinuating that you are a poor golfer or are unable to flush the clubs - that isn't what I meant. It would be like hitting a shaft that gives you a dead launch compared to a high launch, it's a simple matter of picking the right one for your game.

i agree and i understand. still score very well with them (have had them approx 1 yr now ... ) .. maybe its about time i get fitted and see if these are the right shafts for me? the BBs **cannot** leave the bag ...........

> @f123acez said:

> > @nandersen said:

> > > @nandersen said:

> > > > @f123acez said:

> > > > > @"PopIt&DropIt" said:

> > > > > > @f123acez said:

> > > > > > guys i love my baby blades, more than anything whatsoever, best iron ive ever hit ...............

> > > > > >

> > > > > > BUT ....................

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i cannot hit my **** 2 or 3 iron.. even the 4 iron off the turn.. off the tee on par 3s or short 4s they are fine, i can get the ball in the air... but second shots into par 5s, anything with forced carry, whatever it is, i just really cannot get these in the air enough to carry in my opinion....

> > > > > >

> > > > > > anyone run a bit of a combo set? thinking of going for the cb57s in 3 and 4 iron to replace the blades .. i just feel i dont get these up and flying enough rly

> > > > > >

> > > > > > do i go for the cb57s in 3 and 4 iron or stick it out with my BBs and just get better at the game (LOL)

> > > > >

> > > > > I got a cb 57 3iron when I first got my baby blades and I didn't find them any easier to hit. They are longer heel to toe but I hit the BB 3 iron better. Many others here reported the same. If you want a Miura cavity back I think the cb 1008s are a better fit, although still not all that much more forgiving. There are a number of guys, myself included who feel the Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi makes for a great baby blade long iron replacement. I bagged one with my BBs for all of last year and think its a great club. Very high launch and comes off like a rocket. Although much bigger I also think the Srixon u85 makes a great replacement and what I currently use.

> > > >

> > > > my issue isnt hitting them. i pure every single one of them from 2 iron to pitching wedge. they feel like missiles off the face. i just find the long irons 2,3,4 i cannot get it UP in the air. its like im hitting stingers with them. the rest my ball flight and launch is great in my opinion..

> > >

> > > If you ask me, any issue with ball flight is an issue with "hitting them". A pured iron that doesn't launch and fly true isn't a pured iron in my book.

> >

> > I can pure any clubhead with any shaft by hitting it flush on the face, but if it doesn't give me the desired trajectory, then who cares? It won't find the bag. And if you can't get it up, then it sounds like it won't find a spot in your bag either. I hope I'm not offending you by insinuating that you are a poor golfer or are unable to flush the clubs - that isn't what I meant. It would be like hitting a shaft that gives you a dead launch compared to a high launch, it's a simple matter of picking the right one for your game.

>

> i agree and i understand. still score very well with them (have had them approx 1 yr now ... ) .. maybe its about time i get fitted and see if these are the right shafts for me? the BBs **cannot** leave the bag ...........

I think that's a great idea. Maybe if you went into an AWT shaft (or some lighter, flighted shaft) in the long irons or even a hybrid graphite shaft, that would help you achieve the desired launch conditions.

My set stops at 4, and the reality is that I don’t think it matters if you stop your set at 5 iron and fill in with hybrids and driving type irons. It may not be cool, but I have the strength and speed still and the reality is that I don’t feel awesome about hitting a 4 iron 215 over trouble or whatever. I find myself choosing my hybrid and cutting it instead of the 4 iron all the Time. The 4 is amazing for big swinging punch outs advancing to a wedge approach for a par putt tho.....in my experience lol.

+1 on checking the shafts in 3-4 iron - one thought, if you play a c taper or modus 120 or something that has a lighter weight baby brother, you might find the feel blends ok with shorter irons. I did this with irons (c taper) and driving iron (c taper light) and the light gave me just enough extra spin that it carried ok off the deck. Good luck!

TM M1 9.5* Kuro Kage XT70 X
TM M2 Deep 16.7* Kuro Kage XT80 X
PXG 0317 19* Kuro Kage 80HY TX
Mizuno MP64 4-PW C-Taper S
Vokey SM5 50-55-60 C-Taper S
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

> @Bigmean said:

> That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

>

> Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

> @kro88 said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

> >

> > Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

>

> This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

I do the same.

But.

To me, they drive the same! Pretty damn well!

> @kro88 said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

> >

> > Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

>

> This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

Would you mind taking a comparison photo? I've never seen the Baby Blades in person.

Maybe 3 irons and pitching wedges?

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

> @"St Jimmy" said:

> > @kro88 said:

> > > @Bigmean said:

> > > That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

> > >

> > > Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

> >

> > This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

>

>

> Would you mind taking a comparison photo? I've never seen the Baby Blades in person.

> Maybe 3 irons and pitching wedges?

>

>

See my post above for the full set pics, I have also posted a few pictures here.

jqp4rl2a3pcx.png

61odhcfywrht.png

> @nandersen said:

> > @"St Jimmy" said:

> > > @kro88 said:

> > > > @Bigmean said:

> > > > That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

> > > >

> > > > Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

> > >

> > > This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

> >

> >

> > Would you mind taking a comparison photo? I've never seen the Baby Blades in person.

> > Maybe 3 irons and pitching wedges?

> >

> >

> See my post above for the full set pics, I have also posted a few pictures here.

> jqp4rl2a3pcx.png

> 61odhcfywrht.png

>

Thank you, but I was hoping to see photos of the Baby Blades next to a CB57. I play the 57's and was wondering just how large they look in comparison.

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

> @"St Jimmy" said:

> > @nandersen said:

> > > @"St Jimmy" said:

> > > > @kro88 said:

> > > > > @Bigmean said:

> > > > > That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

> > > > >

> > > > > Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

> > > >

> > > > This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

> > >

> > >

> > > Would you mind taking a comparison photo? I've never seen the Baby Blades in person.

> > > Maybe 3 irons and pitching wedges?

> > >

> > >

> > See my post above for the full set pics, I have also posted a few pictures here.

> > jqp4rl2a3pcx.png

> > 61odhcfywrht.png

> >

>

> Thank you, but I was hoping to see photos of the Baby Blades next to a CB57. I play the 57's and was wondering just how large they look in comparison.

I think that Zac Blair has some photos on his personal Instagram page, look out for that.

> @"St Jimmy" said:

> > @kro88 said:

> > > @Bigmean said:

> > > That is just disgusting. Nice complete set!

> > >

> > > Agree, the thing about playing small blades as your gamer set is they make all other clubs feel wrong visually, you can get used to them, but it is like driving on the wrong side of the road in another country. And when you go back and hit a BB it just feels like home.

> >

> > This is a great take. I'll go between my BBs and CB57s all year long and my analogy is - its like switching between an air cooled 993 and a liquid cooled 997. Both amazing rides, but very different experiences.

>

>

> Would you mind taking a comparison photo? I've never seen the Baby Blades in person.

> Maybe 3 irons and pitching wedges?

>

>

Cb 57 3 iron and BB 4 iron is the best I can offer at the moment. Only cb 57 I have and the BB 3 iron shaft snapped at the hosel and is getting reshafted. Hope it helps.2vhb8gv0fz2p.jpg

> >

> > Would you mind taking a comparison photo? I've never seen the Baby Blades in person.

> >

> >

>

> Cb 57 3 iron and BB 4 iron is the best I can offer at the moment. Only cb 57 I have and the BB 3 iron shaft snapped at the hosel and is getting reshafted. Hope it helps.2vhb8gv0fz2p.jpg

>

wow.

My miss is off the toe. A poor swing with the BB's might just produce air.

Thank you

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

> @"St Jimmy" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> wow.

> My miss is off the toe. A poor swing with the BB's might just produce air.

> Thank you

>

>

Your miss changes when you play these clubs - you square up the face a lot better, just because you aim smaller and miss smaller!

Just bought these guys and couldn't wait to post a photo! The white chrome finish is apparently new for the 2019 Baby Blades and it looks incredible! Miura always has the best looking chrome work IMO and these look just like a satin version. I played with Baby Blades for a couple rounds a few years ago and actually shot my best round of the year with a 66 (-6). I had tremendous ball control with them, even my playing partners noticed the difference.

At the time they had C-Taper 130X in them and they felt a little too heavy and I was hitting the 3-iron and 4-iron lower than I wanted to. I weirdly reshafted them to Aerotech i110 and felt like I totally butchered the clubs. The balance was way off for my swing and I just couldn't play them anymore. I was literally duffing 9-irons when I was pureing them just a week before. Long story short, I sold them off and broke even. Years have gone by and I haven't really gamed any irons that I loved since or felt like I had the same level of control over. I saw these new 2019 Baby Blades hit the market and immediately got the itch again aaannnd here we are...

I have them shafted with Modus 125X shafts which I've been told are basically X100's (my tried and true) but with Nippon feel... sound good, right? I have them bent to more traditional lofts, 22* 3i down to a 48* PW. I'm a little nervous/anxious to get them on the course because the only club that looks "hard to hit" is the 3-iron, but I think it's the demons from before when I just couldn't get the height out of it that I wanted. However, all it will take is a nice high shot to take that worry away!5009knd0evap.jpg

Question for all: I currently have the Modus 120s in my CB57s and KBS Tour 120s in my BBs. To be honest I don't have have a definitive preference for using either shaft however I keep contemplating putting the Modus 120 into the BB's for consistency when transitioning set to set (as I can often change sets week to week). I have Modus 105x in my Mizuno MP25s and that is a shaft I love and am also considering. Has anyone swapped from KBS to Modus 120 or 105 in their BBs? If so what changes have you felt in feel, seen in ball flight?

Thanks

ProV1x - #41

> @kro88 said:

> Question for all: I currently have the Modus 120s in my CB57s and KBS Tour 120s in my BBs. To be honest I don't have have a definitive preference for using either shaft however I keep contemplating putting the Modus 120 into the BB's for consistency when transitioning set to set (as I can often change sets week to week). I have Modus 105x in my Mizuno MP25s and that is a shaft I love and am also considering. Has anyone swapped from KBS to Modus 120 or 105 in their BBs? If so what changes have you felt in feel, seen in ball flight?

>

> Thanks

>

Not super sure why you're asking here - I don't expect the replies to be any different for one head vs. another. If you really want a good reply I'd face the general forum, but I also wouldn't be surprised if someone here stepped up.

> @nandersen said:

> > @kro88 said:

> > Question for all: I currently have the Modus 120s in my CB57s and KBS Tour 120s in my BBs. To be honest I don't have have a definitive preference for using either shaft however I keep contemplating putting the Modus 120 into the BB's for consistency when transitioning set to set (as I can often change sets week to week). I have Modus 105x in my Mizuno MP25s and that is a shaft I love and am also considering. Has anyone swapped from KBS to Modus 120 or 105 in their BBs? If so what changes have you felt in feel, seen in ball flight?

> >

> > Thanks

> >

>

> Not super sure why you're asking here - I don't expect the replies to be any different for one head vs. another. If you really want a good reply I'd face the general forum, but I also wouldn't be surprised if someone here stepped up.

Sorry, I guess to clarify, I am asking if anyone's swapped shafts from KBS to Modus in their BBs and what their results were and for any feedback they have. This is a BB forum isn't it?

ProV1x - #41

> @kro88 said:

> Question for all: I currently have the Modus 120s in my CB57s and KBS Tour 120s in my BBs. To be honest I don't have have a definitive preference for using either shaft however I keep contemplating putting the Modus 120 into the BB's for consistency when transitioning set to set (as I can often change sets week to week). I have Modus 105x in my Mizuno MP25s and that is a shaft I love and am also considering. Has anyone swapped from KBS to Modus 120 or 105 in their BBs? If so what changes have you felt in feel, seen in ball flight?

>

> Thanks

>

I've had both KBS Tours and Modus 120s in my BBs and would say they play very similarly with the edge going to Modus in feel and tips not bending (a serious issue I've had across the KBS line). I've tried to match specs on two sets exactly multiple times and never quite succeeded. I've found some shafts and heads play better together than others. YMMV but if you want two sets my advice is to dial them each in with similar weight and flex shafts and not worry about the exact match. They won't play the same anyway.

• 1 month later...

Sure enough my KBS Tips have bent on both my PW and 5 iron. I have a set of Steelfiber fc90s at home that I can use, but am still thinking of going with either the Modus 120 in S or 105 in an X.

Anyone out there play the BB in Modus 105x or SteelFiber at that weight? Curious to hear your feedback

Thanks

ProV1x - #41

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are in only slightly heavier 1150 tours.

I don’t think the 105s would be an issue. I have been switching to graphite in my other sets and the graphite out there is good....IF....it is heavy and quality. I would look to the recoil prototype 110s or similar (I also have attas 10s in onoff blades) as the weight to me is much better than the 95 steelfobers. Of course, ymmv.