(No Buy, Sell, Trade Posts) Nike Golf Burlington, Ross and TJ Maxx Finds (MERGED)

jaymay82

What city?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

I asked a mod and worth a shot, they focused more on flipping and said take to eBay. The FB is garbage, nobodyâs fault, just people arenât into it and a lot of people donât have or want facebook, me included had to use family account. It would just be nice if we were allowed a swap section. To be honest I just donât understand the issue of why not a Burlington swap thread would not work or be allowed.

The funny part is that because I was not allowed to sell on here I made more money selling on eBay anyway. Which is fine, but I was willing to sell All the previous finds for $45 which was basically a $29 shoe + tax + priority shipping ($11) and made like $5 a shoe on here. I was getting reamed and a lot of finger wagging by people because of the $5 net I was making lol.

But when the mizuno JPX / MP15 deal came around nobody said a thing about sellers reselling on this forum (there was also an S55 deal a while ago and crickets). I ended up selling my MP15s unused to a guy on here and he was really happy. He got a deal on a beautiful set of clubs. I made more money off the net of that one sale than if I would’ve sold 15 pairs of nikes on here. I’m not saying that to impress because the net was high, I’m saying that to impress upon anyone reading this that there wasn’t a lot of money to make in selling the nikes on here. Yet, everyone freaked out.

Is anyone interested in possibly starting a group chat for this? I know of an app that's available on IOS and Android as well as desktop apps. It's scalable and doesn't have a size limit to the group size. You can also post pics on it so people can see what's out there and people can respond.

The app is free (minus data of course), it just requires you to go by your phone number since the account is tethered to your phone number and not an email.

It would basically be a chat room for whatever nike golf products you have found. If there's interest, I can get it started with some other people.

Oh and not that it would matter, but it is end to end encrypted....

I asked a mod and worth a shot, they focused more on flipping and said take to eBay. The FB is garbage, nobodyâs fault, just people arenât into it and a lot of people donât have or want facebook, me included had to use family account. It would just be nice if we were allowed a swap section. To be honest I just donât understand the issue of why not a Burlington swap thread would not work or be allowed.

The funny part is that because I was not allowed to sell on here I made more money selling on eBay anyway. Which is fine, but I was willing to sell All the previous finds for $45 which was basically a $29 shoe + tax + priority shipping ($11) and made like $5 a shoe on here. I was getting reamed and a lot of finger wagging by people because of the $5 net I was making lol.

But when the mizuno JPX / MP15 deal came around nobody said a thing about sellers reselling on this forum (there was also an S55 deal a while ago and crickets). I ended up selling my MP15s unused to a guy on here and he was really happy. He got a deal on a beautiful set of clubs. I made more money off the net of that one sale than if I would’ve sold 15 pairs of nikes on here. I’m not saying that to impress because the net was high, I’m saying that to impress upon anyone reading this that there wasn’t a lot of money to make in selling the nikes on here. Yet, everyone freaked out.

Don't see why anyone should be upset at someone who takes their time to go look for deals, spends their money to buy and then resell and worry about returns or potential fraud etc to make a few bucks. There are plenty of deals everywhere and no reason one shouldn't be able to resell if that's what they want to do with it.

I went Burlington from begining of this year once a week or so to look for golf shoes so I wouldn't have to worry about them being sold out or paying a resell price. Took a few times but found two pairs and happy with it.

If you find it, bought it and want to resell it, go for it. Can't please everyone. Enjoy!

well there is a google spread sheet from the facebook group. i'm sure we can just add to it on here. though it needs to be updated. those shoes on the spreadsheet are more than likely not going to come back.

Someone just needs to take a little time to update it. It doesn't need to be fancy with pics...but the bottom line is that people just need to buy the shoes they find and be willing to ship. I'd venture to guess that there are very few that go unsold. I know that I've probably shipped close to 30 pairs over the last few rounds and there are a lot of others that do the same.

The group only works if people buy them and are willing to pass on the deal, it seems like more people just want the handouts.

this is true, people dont want to put in the work, and there should be a way to combat that, so hey dont leech off other ppl. anyway, i just asked to join again, and it says pending so, take a look for me again? lol thanks :)

One of the issues was the resell price. There was a price limit, which in theory, I liked. The problem is that while this is used to protect a buyer, it dissuaded sellers from selling. This seems to be combated this time, but I speculate it’s going to hit this weird swell point where people aren’t going to want to buy them for a certain price and others aren’t going to want to sell for a certain price. That’s just the way it goes. It doesn’t matter the rules it’s just human nature.

For example I just paid $100 for a pair of air max 90 it on eBay because I like the shoe. The black color. Last year that shoe (white) was $20 at BCF. So the max it could be sold for was $40. However, anyone that had the AM90 only wanted to trade because even though it costs $20 it was much more valuable. So nobody sold it. Essentially what I did with mine was take my $20 AM90, sell it for $90 then take that $90 and buy my size from a reseller. I would’ve paid $60+ for my size but the rules wouldn’t allow it.

I think the FB page is a great thing. It’s just a lot of people aren’t really contributing and want cheap shoes. That’s cool, I get it, but there are/were people going around trying to get good deals for everyone then people just want to pay $40 for a $100 shoe and peace out.

I think the FB page is great. I don't have the opportunity some of you guys have. The BCF where I live is a ghost town. I'm not looking to freeload. If my BCF had pairs I'd be more than happy to contribute. That's just not the case.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Stikiller- Assuming you are who I just approved. The only request the site received was 9 minutes ago. If you have any issues DM Jeff or I.

Justin- The fb page has been updated to reflect the pricing issues from last year.

Hopefully everyone will keep in mind that the fb page is used to supplement this page not allowing BST. It is a great page for people who want to help each other out. It is not meant to be a reseller platform. if anyone has any specific issues feel free to DM me directly here or on fb.

It’ll get going. Hopefully there will be a lot of action within the next couple weeks

I think the FB page is great. I don't have the opportunity some of you guys have. The BCF where I live is a ghost town. I'm not looking to freeload. If my BCF had pairs I'd be more than happy to contribute. That's just not the case.

My buddy has checked three locally of the four and not a single shoe. Last year I found a few at ross. But nothing anyone wanted so I left them.

The spreadsheet I think is a great tool. I used that when I saw shoes, pulled it up to see if anyone wanted it. Easy to get to from google drive while out and about.

We need something more accessible for us members here to do this than FB. It’s garbage not everyone knows about it, want it or have it. We all have accounts here. I’m reaching out to the mods with no response about a swap area for these. And your right plenty of items that were hot deals have ended up being flipped on here and nothing said. Just shoes which doesn’t really make sense.

I’m all about helping other members out even though I just got burned here recently by someone, who HAD to have a pair that my wife ran back out for the next day. We were going back and forth about getting them to him and he wanted a $26 pair of shoes to be cheaper than $40.13 shipped ($13.75 USPS flare rate box, looked regular ground which ended up $40.05 shipped total. Then SILENCE!! How can you REALLY be upset with pair when released $175 and now $40 shipped by a member that helped you out only to go silent!!?? Bull***t!!

Fair enough! Again I meant no disrespect to the people that started it and run it said it the first time, but it hardly gets used and no action. Something available to the wider bases of GolfWRX would be more beneficial. And I can bet you would have a hard time defending the FB swap page and the usefulness if we were able to do something here.

Not to mention the popular press FB has right now!

Fair enough! Again I meant no disrespect to the people that started it and run it said it the first time, but it hardly gets used and no action. Something available to the wider bases of GolfWRX would be more beneficial.

Not to mention the popular press FB has right now!

How long were you on the page for?

Not long. Works for some and hope it works for a lot.

And I apologize for using the term "garbage", not right to say something like that, that has worked for others in the past. When I used that term to for it I meant and use it more as a "not working well" term. Again no disrespect to anyone, especially those who setup the time to start and run it!! Your hard work helped alot of people in the past out! For those who use it, I wish you the best, to be fair I may be been early into it and expected more and surely didn't give it a fair shake and judgement.

We need something more accessible for us members here to do this than FB. It’s garbage not everyone knows about it, want it or have it. We all have accounts here. I’m reaching out to the mods with no response about a swap area for these. And your right plenty of items that were hot deals have ended up being flipped on here and nothing said. Just shoes which doesn’t really make sense.

I’m all about helping other members out even though I just got burned here recently by someone, who HAD to have a pair that my wife ran back out for the next day. We were going back and forth about getting them to him and he wanted a $26 pair of shoes to be cheaper than $40.13 shipped ($13.75 USPS flare rate box, looked regular ground which ended up $40.05 shipped total. Then SILENCE!! How can you REALLY be upset with pair when released $175 and now $40 shipped by a member that helped you out only to go silent!!?? Bull***t!!

Lol, you’re a better man than me! I would’ve been jaded to the entire help a member out after that story.

A certain member in another DonD topic was scamming people too. He begged me to tip him and then took forever to refund me my money. Just the cost of doing business.

It’s part of the reason I just went full resell mode on eBay so I can get my sizes.

In fairness a lot of the starting members helped out

Lol, you’re a better man than me! I would’ve been jaded to the entire help a member out after that story.

A certain member in another DonD topic was scamming people too. He begged me to tip him and then took forever to refund me my money. Just the cost of doing business.

It’s part of the reason I just went full resell mode on eBay so I can get my sizes.

I sold a bunch of them last summer to other members. I'd mention what I saw available at my store and they'd ask if I could buy them and ship them out. I agree with others up top that I was making like $5-$6/pair. That's peanuts compared to the time and energy it took to buy these shoes for others and then mail them out. As is said above, selling a brand new pair of shoes for $40-$45 when they were retailing for $135 or higher is a great deal for all involved and better than the prices you'll find on eBay.

I would love a swap section. There were pairs I really wanted last year (black or blue Chukkas) that never made it to my area, but I don't have FB and refused to pay $90 for them on eBay. A swap section would be excellent for all involved, as long as it's treated with the same rules/respect as the BST and abusers are appropriately dealt with.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x 

Yeah it does kinda bother me, especially knowing that the member is still probably cruising this thread and yet I still have this pair of shoes, the time , and though it means nothing the gas spent in running back out, BUT I know that there are plenty of other AWESOME members here and that instance is a minority, so I still want to help out others and hopefully trade around to make all parties happy and have a win.

I sold a bunch of them last summer to other members. I'd mention what I saw available at my store and they'd ask if I could buy them and ship them out. I agree with others up top that I was making like $5-$6/pair. That's peanuts compared to the time and energy it took to buy these shoes for others and then mail them out. As is said above, selling a brand new pair of shoes for $40-$45 when they were retailing for $135 or higher is a great deal for all involved and better than the prices you'll find on eBay.

I would love a swap section. There were pairs I really wanted last year (black or blue Chukkas) that never made it to my area, but I don't have FB and refused to pay $90 for them on eBay. A swap section would be excellent for all involved, as long as it's treated with the same rules/respect as the BST and abusers are appropriately dealt with.

Can confirm, MichiganMan hooked it up last year, good dude. A swap section would be ideal.

My advice to everyone that wants to stock up on some good shoes for cheap:

1. Check BCF and Ross early and often. Assuming the flippers don't get them before they hit the floor, a good shoe drop only lasts a couple days before it's picked clean so if you're not stopping in often you are likely to completely miss it.

2. If you see a desirable shoe, buy it regardless of size. Worst case you sell it to help fund a purchase of a shoe in your size, best case you get a swap going, sometimes with multiple parties. Also you have a 30 day return policy so it's risk free, if you can't get rid of it you can always return it.

3. Try to coordinate with other members that live in your same area, that way you can cover multiple stores much easier.

• Gxgolfer locked and unlocked this topic