Rogue Subzero Fairway wood

odshot68

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone playing the 85 Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 Flex? Does it feel whippy or overly soft, or launching too high?

6.5.... HZRDUS yellow......whippy? I’m guessing you are either a complete animal or you’ve never tried one before?

I havent hit the Yellow, I have a 75 Black 6.5 in my driver. Its a reoccuring theme from some people on here since the yellow is counter balanced it feels soft and whippy. I was last fit for a 80g fairway shaft and was fit for a Epic SubZero with a Atmos Black 80g, but didnt have the funds for it last summer.

I tend to spin 3 woods too much and have been fighting height and spin. Im in a Big Bertha Alpha 816 in the low spin setting and Im 99% happy with it I just dislike the shaft in there currently as it feels woobly and whippy. I crush the thing and I have no issues launching the ball, but I mainly want something that feels solid. The other posts on the shaft had me worried as I dont have anywhere close to me to get fit again or test he club out. Even if it preformed exactly how I want it to, Im looking for a feeling in my hands when I do a waggle or something, and wasnt sure on the counter balance aspect.

I'm leaning towards going away from the even flow black. It is a good shaft, but I feel that if you step on it or have an aggressive transition, it isn't quite as tight. Anyone else go away from the even flow shaft?

I tried that shaft at a demo day and that is exactly why I went away from that shaft. I have a quick transition too.

I'm leaning towards going away from the even flow black. It is a good shaft, but I feel that if you step on it or have an aggressive transition, it isn't quite as tight. Anyone else go away from the even flow shaft?

I tried that shaft at a demo day and that is exactly why I went away from that shaft. I have a quick transition too.

It isn't bad, but I'm about to put my graphite design or a pro white in it. The head itself is great. I think it will only get better paired with the correct shaft.

I just got my SZ 15* this morning. I got off Ebay during that coupon promotion, got a great deal.

It was supposed to have an evenflow blue 6.0, which was ok for the price, would give it a try. It showed up with HZRDUS Yellow 75 - 6.0. He has no more, so probably keep it. How is this shaft? Isn;t it a CB? This may end up being better, not sure I wanted the mid-launch blue for a 15*.

I already play CB shafts.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Well I got my second 3 wood 15 degree RSZ. Not sure who at Callaway can't use a swingweigt scale, I'm considering giving up and selling this thing. It's only half inch long and is d6 swingweight. Not what I ordered...but I am tired of dealing with it....i may want the shaft but not the head. Shame it's brand new and I don't really want to try and return it and saddle my club with it. Anyone else have build issues with cally?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Are these really any improvement over the OG XHot or X2Hot line?

I have Xhot 3 and 5wd 's and they are long and forgiving, super hot faces, but they are 5, almost 6years old.

Considering replacing them, but..........you guys know about good fairways.....when got one that works, you generally shouldn't change.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

For anyone keeping up with the Evenflow Black backorder......

Informed today that Cally is "struggling" to get these in....should get an allotment later this week.

Ordered 3/5/18. Latest estimated ship date is "sometime early next week".

Anybody that dealt with the Epic SZ backorders last year knows that "next week" is pretty open ended with them. Best of luck.

I just ordered two hzrdus yellow and was quoted 4/3 ship date

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Informed today that Cally is "struggling" to get these in....should get an allotment later this week.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X 
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18.0 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Raw SM8 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T with Black Onyx Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Inovai 8.0 Black Friday Murdered Out Edition 34.5"

they said my black would ship April 2nd and the gal gave me a $120 credit since I ordered on 2/21. I didn't even ask for the credit!

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X 
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18.0 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Raw SM8 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T with Black Onyx Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Inovai 8.0 Black Friday Murdered Out Edition 34.5"

they said my black would ship April 2nd and the gal gave me a $120 credit since I ordered on 2/21. I didn't even ask for the credit!

Interesting. Since I ordered through a 3rd party (Discount Dan's), I doubt I will be afforded the same courtesy.

Not encouraging that you ordered 2 weeks before me and have been quoted the same ship time frame.

Anyone know if Callaway is working on an adjustable hosel with Jailbreak in the 3/5woods?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I think I am glad my SZ 3W showed up with the HZRDUS yellow 76, as opposed to the evenflow blue. I would guess the HZRDUS will be much more similar to the last 2 fwy shafts I have played (T800-Pro Orange), as they are all CB. I have had better luck playing my woods at stock or longer with CB shafts and extra head weight. I have a 7, and a 9g weight coming for the SZ today.

If I like the head, will be tempted to put the Orange in, but not sure it can beat the Epic SZ. I get to play tomorrow, possibly 36 holes, give it some good work. I will actually head to head the Rogue SZ and Epic SZ tomorrow, might as well take both.

Rogue - hzrdus yellow 76 6.0

Epic - Pro Orange 70s

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Interesting. Since I ordered through a 3rd party (Discount Dan's), I doubt I will be afforded the same courtesy.

Not encouraging that you ordered 2 weeks before me and have been quoted the same ship time frame.

Why do you say that? If you both ordered a club that is missing the same component (be it head, shaft or grip) and that component is scheduled to come in on a certain date, then all open orders would be filled right after than component arrives (assuming quantity of component coming in is greater than quantity of open orders needing that component - and Callaway's system is sophisticated enough to know open versus quantity).

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

I think I am glad my SZ 3W showed up with the HZRDUS yellow 76, as opposed to the evenflow blue. I would guess the HZRDUS will be much more similar to the last 2 fwy shafts I have played (T800-Pro Orange), as they are all CB. I have had better luck playing my woods at stock or longer with CB shafts and extra head weight. I have a 7, and a 9g weight coming for the SZ today.

If I like the head, will be tempted to put the Orange in, but not sure it can beat the Epic SZ. I get to play tomorrow, possibly 36 holes, give it some good work. I will actually head to head the Rogue SZ and Epic SZ tomorrow, might as well take both.

Epic - Pro Orange 70s

Will be interested to hear your thoughts. Is the Rogue also the 3+?

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Anyone know if Callaway is working on an adjustable hosel with Jailbreak in the 3/5woods?

Word I heard was that they couldn't fit the jailbreak tech in the head with an adjustable hosel. I'm no engineer so I don't know if that's legit or just sales talk, but seeing as how the Epic fairways didn't have jailbreak, but did have adjustability, there might be some merit to it. That said I fully expect to see both sometime in the near future, if not next season.

Epic - Pro Orange 70s

no, went normal 15* on Rogue SZ, but did play the Epic at +1 for a while.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Epic - Pro Orange 70s

What was your reasoning for going with the higher loft? Did playability off the deck factor in? Or did you think the 13.5 would be too long and not gap in well?

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Epic - Pro Orange 70s

What was your reasoning for going with the higher loft? Did playability off the deck factor in? Or did you think the 13.5 would be too long and not gap in well?

more of a gap thing, as I moved off a 3H to an MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron. That was too much gap from a 3+.

I never had issues off the deck with the SZ 3+, even at standard loft setting. I only grabbed the Rogue because of the deal, and I am a believer in jailbreak.

It has to earn the spot.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Word I heard was that they couldn't fit the jailbreak tech in the head with an adjustable hosel. I'm no engineer so I don't know if that's legit or just sales talk, but seeing as how the Epic fairways didn't have jailbreak, but did have adjustability, there might be some merit to it. That said I fully expect to see both sometime in the near future, if not next season.

I think the next epic release will be in January of 2019 and I’d be shocked if they don’t have the weight sorted out so they can have an adjustable fw head with jailbreak. May be wishful thinking thoughts

i got the 13.5* with ck pro blue and its monster off the tee but cant launch it off the fairway. thinking of getting a 15* and shaft it with ad di and compare it to my m3 15* which is a monster both off the tee and fairway.

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

Why do you say that? If you both ordered a club that is missing the same component (be it head, shaft or grip) and that component is scheduled to come in on a certain date, then all open orders would be filled right after than component arrives (assuming quantity of component coming in is greater than quantity of open orders needing that component - and Callaway's system is sophisticated enough to know open versus quantity).

I guess I'm thinking, "maybe they don't get enough of the EF Black in to fill all the open orders awaiting that shaft"?

Being as my "expected ship date" has slid a week already, I'm just hoping they ordered enough. They got the estimated date of receipt from Project X wrong, just hoping they didn't get the quantity wrong too.

I have the EF Blue 75 6.5 (tipped 1 inch) in my SZ and love it. My swing speed is around 116, and I'm coming from a 917 f2 with a Kuro kage XTS 80TX. It's definitely a mid-launch, mid-spin shaft, but when coupled with how low spin the SZ head is, I've been getting great numbers. I was worried that it would feel loose in transition, but I haven't gotten that impression at all, and I'm hitting more fairways.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

I have the EF Blue 75 6.5 (tipped 1 inch) in my SZ and love it. My swing speed is around 116, and I'm coming from a 917 f2 with a Kuro kage XTS 80TX. It's definitely a mid-launch, mid-spin shaft, but when coupled with how low spin the SZ head is, I've been getting great numbers. I was worried that it would feel loose in transition, but I haven't gotten that impression at all, and I'm hitting more fairways.

I think you having it tipped a full inch definitely helped. I have a pro white 80TX coming to put in. The rogue sz is so easy to launch, I don't see having any issues launching this club with a heavier lower launch and lower spin shaft. I played and still have the kuro kage XT 70 in one of my drivers. Very similar to the XTS, but both are great shafts.