MEMBERS' CHOICE: Best driver of 2018? Poll added

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

M3 #1 followed closely by Ping G400 LsT and no other driver gets a vote from me because they weren’t even close to those 2.   I hit Rogue Subzero expecting a giant slayer and I vaporized one that I l

If this site bothers you so much then why be here? I know some people like to embellish but that's on them not on you. This site is good for a laugh sure but it also has some good information and has

If this site bothers you so much then why be here? I know some people like to embellish but that's on them not on you. This site is good for a laugh sure but it also has some good information and has

The amount of bull spit I read in this site is always good for a laugh.

I mean really, you’re never going to meet 99% of the people who post on here so why try to impress people with loads of crap?

The average swing speed with driver on tour is about 117 and the average on this site is about 120. Same goes for distances.

Laughable at best, sad and pathetic at worst.

I did not upgrade drivers this year, but the rogue sz and g400 lst were the best imo

TaylorMade SIM 9.5º | Ventus Blue Velocore 6X

Cobra Speedzone 13.5º | Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
Cobra Speedzone 17.5º | Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
   Mizuno CLK 21º | Tensei Blue Pro 8X

TaylorMade P770/P7MC | Modus 120X
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50/54/58  | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Onyx

Taylormade | Spider X Navy
TaylorMade TP5X

If can get your hands on a tour issue (real tour issue) m4 and compare that to any of the drivers, promise the m4 is a gem and had to beat.

Signature of Solon CC
Cobra SpeedZone 10.5 Ventus Black 6 "tour length"
Cobra Speedzone 13.5 Tensei Blue AV 70
Titleist 913 518 Diamana Thump 60

Taylormade SIM 7 wood Ventus Blue 7
Mizuno Jpx 921 Hot Metal KBS C-Taper lite 4-pw 
Taylormade MG2 50 DG

Taylormade TW grind 56,60 DG
Sik Flo C 33.75 w/BGT Stability Tour 

Isn't the most popular driver of 2018 - the G400 Max?

I don't plan to change. Tired of getting accustomed to a new driver every year.

[color=#474747][font=Arial][size=4][b][size=3]"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino[/size][/b][/size][/font][/color]

Bag: Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Red 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115 ● SeeMore Nashville

Damn! It's a landslide win from Ping! I can't remember the last time I had no interest in getting a new and different driver. Well done Ping!

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,
Wilson V6's  3-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I’m regretting selling my LST now after reading this post. Sometimes I get a little too trigger happy about selling my clubs.

Mizuno ST200 Tensei PRO White 70TX

Titleist TS2 4W Diamana S+ Ltd 80TX

Titleist TS2 3H Tensei PRO Blue 90TX

Mizuno JPX921 5-PW HMP/Forged PX LZ 6.0

Ping Glide 3.0 50SS 54SS PX LZ 6.0

Taylormade MyHiToe Chrome 58ATV

Taylormade Spider Tour T-Line 

There were lots of great drivers in 2018. Ping Gmax, LST, f8, m3 m4 Rogues, etc etc. That being said I wanted either the Ping Gmax 400 or Callaway Rogue SZ. They seemed to be the two best for me. I'd say the Gmax is top dog but the prices haven't budged and nobody is selling them. Typical price well over $300 used which is a good thing (resale value). However I found a Rogue sz in excellent condition for $182. So i guess my vote is the Gmax but it's not in my bag.

The Ping 400LST has really worked out well for me even with my 90 mph ss.I just hit it so good that several guys in my group are now looking to get a LST

Ping 400 LST 10*
G25 3 & 5 woods
Ping ie 1  4-GW
Ping Glide 2.0  54* & 60* wedges 
Piper H putter

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has way more value than the GD Hot List. Thank you for putting this together!

Thats the truth

Maybe but this thread should be titled ‘Of the drivers you’ve hit, which did you like the best and what’s in your bag’. Most here won’t have any experience with 85% of the drivers on that list. Add in the biases some have about brand and their favorite pro and you get results that are highly subjective. In reality the absolute best driver of the year could be a Tour Edge, Xxio or Wilson and nobody would know....

The amount of bull spit I read in this site is always good for a laugh.

I mean really, you're never going to meet 99% of the people who post on here so why try to impress people with loads of crap?

The average swing speed with driver on tour is about 117 and the average on this site is about 120. Same goes for distances.

Laughable at best, sad and pathetic at worst.

If this site bothers you so much then why be here? I know some people like to embellish but that's on them not on you. This site is good for a laugh sure but it also has some good information and has become a go-to for me when I'm in the market for something (which happens too much according to my lady)

• Like 1