Playing golf in Vancouver Canada (NO POLITICS!)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No temps at Fraserview. The greens are in pretty good shape...not super fast but not slow....good condition for March. Actually the course is dry enough that you could play the ball down...except the

I am playing Swaneset Links in the morning, ironically.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, Phireside said:

I played Nick North today under shoulder season rates. Course was in great shape. I suppose they'll be closing soon enough.

It's my fav of the Whistler courses, having now played all three. Granted Nick is the only one I've played multiple times.

My fav Whistler course seems to change every year.  As much as the numerous uphill approaches get old, I think I still prefer the wow factor of Chateau.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 4:39 PM, Phireside said:

Morgan in the mist today. First time back since they punched. Greens were terrific as usual and the course in great shape for the most part. 

Yeah I played Morgan Creek on Sat. 

Greens are running puuuuuuure. In fact they are currently better than any other public course's greens were in the summer.

Had a rough start on holes #1 and 4, but managed to find it back and shot 36 on the back.

• 4 weeks later...

Great round at Morgan today. Great weather. Feel like Morgan is getting more non-member/players club play as the amount of pitch marks on the greens is unlike I've seen there before. I'm generalizing, but I think the regulars take good care of the greens.

Each passing round these days feels like it could be the last of the season. Weather is turning faster than I care to accept.

• Like 1

We’re still lucky being able to play this time of the year 🙂

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Srixon H85 17* hybrid
Srixon H85 20* hybrid
Srixon H85 22* hybrid
Srixon Z765 5-PW irons KBS Tour V shafts

Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Mizuno S18 58* wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
18 hours ago, mukster said:

We’re still lucky being able to play this time of the year 🙂

You bet.  I live in Vancouver and I didn't go outside Vancouver to play Surrey etc. before the Vancouver courses opened up in the early Covid days. But though I support the current health Orders, it seems almost more frustrating not being able to play Riverway right now as they are in Fraser Health. 

Watching the news last night and the opening of ski hills I hope they don't mess it up for we golfers and of course the general public health-wise.   Camera angles can be deceiving, and I don't know who was in whose bubble of course, but social distancing at the base of runs and such looked a little dicey to me.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°  Alta CB 55 R

Ping G410  5 wood (at 16.5°) &  7 wood ( at 19.5°)  Alta CB 65 R

Ping G410  22° & 26° hybrids  Alta CB 70 R

Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A

Vokey SM6 49.07F, 54.08M, 58.08M Steelfiber i80 R

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5  34"

2 hours ago, myspinonit said:

You bet.  I live in Vancouver and I didn't go outside Vancouver to play Surrey etc. before the Vancouver courses opened up in the early Covid days. But though I support the current health Orders, it seems almost more frustrating not being able to play Riverway right now as they are in Fraser Health. 

Watching the news last night and the opening of ski hills I hope they don't mess it up for we golfers and of course the general public health-wise.   Camera angles can be deceiving, and I don't know who was in whose bubble of course, but social distancing at the base of runs and such looked a little dicey to me.

Yeah, crazy times .  Once things return to some sort of normal, give me a shout, I joined Meadow Gardens with the deal they had. We can meet in person and I can take you out for a round and we can gossip about this crazy place!

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Srixon H85 17* hybrid
Srixon H85 20* hybrid
Srixon H85 22* hybrid
Srixon Z765 5-PW irons KBS Tour V shafts

Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Mizuno S18 58* wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
11 hours ago, mukster said:

Yeah, crazy times .  Once things return to some sort of normal, give me a shout, I joined Meadow Gardens with the deal they had. We can meet in person and I can take you out for a round and we can gossip about this crazy place!

Very cool.  Yes, will be in touch once things settle to whatever normal is.

Just saw this letter from BC Golf that courses in Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley  and Vancouver Island can now through BC Golf adjust course ratings (more than once) to have scores to be posted for handicap from Nov 16-Feb 28.  Big change. 

I heard University is doing this. Anyone else's course?

uid_6399_2020 Winter Handicaps Memo.pdf

Edited by myspinonit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, myspinonit said:

Just saw this letter from BC Golf that courses in Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley  and Vancouver Island can now through BC Golf adjust course ratings (more than once) to have scores to be posted for handicap from Nov 16-Feb 28.  Big change. 

I heard University is doing this. Anyone else's course?

uid_6399_2020 Winter Handicaps Memo.pdf 167.54 kB · 4 downloads

Would they adjust the ratings up or down? 

I always score way better in the winter with soft conditions, not to mention courses seem to move the tees way up on wet days.