Number One Player in the World Doesn't Shake Your Hand

TheLarch

So Ted Potter makes his final putt to win the AT&T, hugs his caddie, looks around and Dustin Johnson doesn't bother to shake his hand. If I'm Ted Potter I have to think a congratulatory hand shake on 18 at Pebble Beach from the number one player In the world, who's in the same group as you, would be something special. Absolute no class d**k move. Wow.

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ted Potter makes his final putt to win the AT&T, hugs his caddie, looks around and Dustin Johnson doesn't bother to shake his hand. If I'm Ted Potter I have to think a congratulatory hand shake on 18 at Pebble Beach from the number one player In the world, who's in the same group as you, would be something special. Absolute no class d**k move. Wow.

Or maybe DJ let Potter have his moment on the green with his caddie and others before shaking his hand and congratulating him in the scoring trailer. Potter was almost instantly pulled aside by Peter Kostis as well after his final putt.

Sometimes, the "classy move" is letting a guy who hasnt won a tournament in years soak it in himself, do his winning interviews, and then congratulate him in private.

Scandal, I tell you.

I seriously don’t think DJ is the type of guy to snub someone like that. It appeared that Kostis got a hold of Potter before DJ could say anything to him.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I seriously don’t think DJ is the type of guy to snub someone like that. It appeared that Kostis got a hold of Potter before DJ could say anything to him.

I wondered too. The other four guys were able to congratulate him before Kostis got to him. But I also thought maybe DJ was waiting just off,the green and Kostis interfered. The interview should wait until the player is done with everyone (including family members).

But DJ didn’t appear to be in real good mood by the end of the round. But I have a really hard time seeing him snub someone purposefully.

Just because you didn't see it happen on camera doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can bet the farm DJ congratulated TP either at the scorer's table, locker room or whenever he got the chance.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 18 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

Let's be honest here, DJ is easily confused... Potter being left handed and all really complicates the post-round shakes.

"Do I go in with the left hand? Or make him go to his right? I'll just avoid the situation and not shake..."

An Smeechster, ya made my morning!!

Just visualizing this made me LMAO and I almost spit my anti-nausea drink all over me???

Thanks Bro, I needed that?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

DJ didn't show up for the prize giving at the 2015 US Open, which wasn't great form, even if he would have been devastated. Second placed player was expected to be there.

"please post less" is the response to a guy averaging 110ish posts per year. Tough crowd!

???

Ah Bro, I didn’t think that anyone could top Cheech’s post though I didn’t see yours till further perusal, lmao

I was thinkin the very same thing?

Damn, the General brought the hammer down ??

It’s a new season and there’s a “new” big dawg barkin orders, though he’s one of the old timers. They’re a hard arse group, they are. The internet was the Wild West in ‘06 and only the baddest mofos in the valley came through to the other side, lmao

Cheese balls like you and I owe em a lot?

Wait till he reads some of my shat?

I hope that you’re well?

Maddie and Ava send hugs and all those effed up emoticons?

Cheers?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Hey Richard! Good to see you again.

Thanks a lot DS, and I know that it’s cliche, but it’s great to be “seen,” lol

Amazing avatar??

Stay well my Friend and have a great season?

My Best,

RP

Forget the finer points of the etiquette of tournament golf, what I wanna know is Larch, ya got the eBay ID of “Wilson Staff,” which warms my heart, then I see ya have a bag full of Pings, lol

WTF’s up with that, lol???

Just joshin, the i20’s are great irons??

Nice thread even though I’ve detailed it twice, lol.

Not to worry, I’m gonna be tied up for the next 3-4 hours then I’ll be out for a bit so you guys get a reprieve, haha

Stay well Larch?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

I seriously don't think DJ is the type of guy to snub someone like that. It appeared that Kostis got a hold of Potter before DJ could say anything to him.

DJ didn't show up for the prize giving at the 2015 US Open, which wasn't great form, even if he would have been devastated. Second placed player was expected to be there.

And at the "everything is a bunker" PGA he let about ten people stand around and interview him in the locker room about ten minutes after it happened. What's your point?

The OP's post is symptomatic of today's outrage culture.

Jump on someone for some perceived slight (usually imagined) without knowing the full facts, considering the bigger picture or indeed having any personal involvement.

This allows the outraged individual to feel self-important, whilst also satisfying a desperate craving for attention.

Truly pathetic.

Or maybe DJ let Potter have his moment on the green with his caddie and others before shaking his hand and congratulating him in the scoring trailer. Potter was almost instantly pulled aside by Peter Kostis as well after his final putt.

Sometimes, the "classy move" is letting a guy who hasnt won a tournament in years soak it in himself, do his winning interviews, and then congratulate him in private.

Scandal, I tell you.

I don't know about tournament play, but every single round of golf I've ever played, competition or social, every player in the group shakes each other's hand before leaving the 18th green. No exceptions.

giphy-faint.gif?w=474

Scandal, I tell you.

I don't know about tournament play, but every single round of golf I've ever played, competition or social, every player in the group shakes each other's hand before leaving the 18th green. No exceptions.

Let the guy have his moment in the sun. No different than hanging back on 18 walking up to the green when you lost.

Cocaine is a helluva drug

DJ doesn't shake hands... he bumps

ok terrible joke... bye

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

giphy-faint.gif?w=474

giphy.gif

Hey Richard! Good to see you again.

I was going to say the same thing. Hope you are well Richard!

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

Thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant