APPLY: Titleist Tour Soft Ball Testing! 30 Members receive 1 dozen each PLUS bonus giveaway!

HipCheck

Location (City, State) - Corpus Christi, Texas

Handicap - 8.9

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - Yes, taylormade tp5x golf ball

What ball do you currently play? - 2017 Callaway chromesoft

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - Yes, it’s playable year round in South Texas.

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - I would play my first round nine hole with my gamer then 9 with the new Titleist followed by multiple rounds with the new Titleist. Before each round I spend a little time on the chopping and putting green.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Location - Minneapolis, MN
  • Handicap - 12
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? Yes, 2016 Srixon Soft Feel
  • What ball do you currently play? Pro V1 or Chrome Soft
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - Yes in the next month or so, upcoming trip as well.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?

Indoor testing on GC2 to compare initial launch conditions to Pro V1, Chrome Soft, and 2-piece comparison to the Supersoft. On course testing during upcoming trip. Focus will be on comparing feel and short game performance (shots under 50 yards and putting feel).

• Location (City, State)
    Zuerich, Switzerland
  • Handicap
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before?
    No
  • What ball do you currently play?
    Nike RZN Black, Srixon AD333, Wilson FG Tour
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)
    Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?
    Since it's snowing here, it will be indoor putting (which is the stronger part of my game) at home. Later in march it will be chipping and playing outdoors and on course.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?
    xes of course
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.
    since it's still winter here, i will test it primarily at home with indoor putting. but that's how i test a new ball anyway. first check the feel with the putter, and then go on with some chipping around the green. later in march i will take it on the course and check how it will perform.

Location (City, State) - Tucson, Arizona

Handicap - 20

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - No.

What ball do you currently play? - Nike RZN Platinum

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - High Optic Yellow

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - Other than the recent cold front, in Arizona it's not really "Winter" weather, so yes I am able to do on course reviews.

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Yes.

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - I recently took a lesson from a former LPGA pro, best thing I could have ever done for my game. Helped to get my swing tuned, and get some speed back. I'd love to test this ball up against my current gamer to see how they perform against each other. I do prefer a soft ball, but have always loved the RZN line, would be interested to see if I could come to love a Titleist ball (I honestly don't see all the fuss about the Pro V).

Stow Ohio handicap 14. never tested play nxts in yellow still winter but course is open , just wet I agree to be part of review I would test the ball at the only course I play, which I play three times a week weather permitting,,i believe I could give the tour soft a fair test since I know on every hole what club I hit and about how far the nxts ball I play goes,

• Location (City, State): Grand Rapids, Michigan area
  • Handicap: 5.8
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No
  • What ball do you currently play? Titleist NXT Tour S and Bridgestone E6 (2016)
  • Which color would you prefer to test: High-Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Generally yes, though occasionally snow is an issue.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes.

On course performance is everything. I'd be looking to play multiple balls, the Tour Soft against key competitors, trying to judge feel off the clubface, trajectory, dispersion and spin. Extra time on and around the greens, looking to compare responsiveness with a variety of short game shots. Have some fun with it!

• Location (City, State) Atlanta Georgia
  • Handicap +.3
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. no
  • What ball do you currently play? Prov V1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I would take half of the new golf balls and the same amount of Pro V1's to the chipping green and see the reactions of both, Then i would play on course with one of each ball. Thank you

• Location (City, State) Pittsfield, MA
  • Handicap 9
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No
  • What ball do you currently play? Srixon XV
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? not before April
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Play a few rounds to evaluate your golf balls.

Location- Charlotte, NC

Handicap- 12

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Pro V1

Which color would you prefer to test- White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Sunny and 80 today in Charlotte! Easily warm enough to get out.

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less- Head to the course in the afternoon when there are very few groups out so I could easily hit several tee shots, approaches, wedges, and putts with the test ball, my current Pro V1 and the Bridgestone B330S. This would give me the opportunity to compare the distance, spin, trajectory, control, durability and feel of each ball and keep notes on likes and dislikes for each model. Using my laser range finder, I can accurately compare distance off the tee with the driver, irons and wedges.

• Location (City, State): Ann Arbor, MI
  • Handicap: 8.4
  • What ball do you currently play? Titleist ProV1x
  • Which color would you prefer to test: Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes course are opening up March 20th
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less

​I would start my test process with extensive putting, chipping and short game practice comparing to the Prov1x, Chromesoft and B330s. After the shortgame work i would be playing the ball in a 1 man best ball event comparing both balls on multiple course as I scout for my spring league. I keep stats using arccos so I would be able to compare the rounds and shots using Arccos and Game Taylormade's GPS app.

• Location (City, State): Hartford, CT
  • Handicap: 0
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe: No
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves White, 2 sleeves Yellow)?: White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?: Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?: Always
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: Test indoors on Trackman and also on the range. Secondly, use them in the short game area for extensive time using all kinds of clubs. I would test feel putting, bunker shots, short sided shots, and all types of other shots from 40 yards in. Lastly, I would take it out on the course during a windy day and a regular conditioned day.

Location Oregon Illinois

Handicap 10

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Pro V1X

Which color would you prefer to test: Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes

I will do on course testing by playing rounds as well as go to practice are to se spin and putting. I would also go to the simulator to see spin results.

Location (City, State): Saddle Brook, NEW JERSEY

Handicap: 15

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone e6 soft

Which color would you prefer to test: BOTH yellow and white !

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

I would begin testing with practicing chipping and my short game, followed by putting. I will be comparing the tour soft ball to the e6, chrome soft, and project a balls. After the short game testing I will put the 4 balls against each other in a round and play 4 shots per hole for 9 holes than play the new tour soft ball exclusively for the back 9 to get a consistent feel for the ball.

Location (City, State) Arlington, MA

Handicap. 15

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No

What ball do you currently play? Titleist Pro-V1

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow). White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? It’s cold but do indoor sim and lots of putting

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes glad too

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

I play a lot mid week where the courses are mostly empty, so I get to play most holes with two to three balls. Would play. The tour soft and the pro v each hole

Location (City, State): Laguna Niguel, California

Handicap: 32

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No, but I would love the opportunity to do so!

What ball do you currently play? Right now I am gaming the Wilson Staff Duo Optix Red ball

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): Both (but any would be fine really)

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, played golf yesterday and going again Wednesday. What's winter?

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: I like to test by their actual performance. I would take these balls out to the course and see how they perform in all conditions. I also like to carry my usual gamer with me and hit the balls side by side to see how they compare. Thanks for the chance!

I'm a 3 handicap (46 years playing the game) in Raleigh, NC (winter is over here!) where I can do on course reviews (I play mostly at Lonnie Poole the Arnold Palmer NC State course, but also Pinehurst, Old Chattham, and Tobacco Road, some nice tracks). I've not tested for GolfWRX before, but I have tested for other internet sites, irons and drivers and golf balls. I currently play the Pro V1. I'm very interested in the Tour Soft because one of my favorite golf balls was the original Precept EV Extra Spin and the Tour Soft sounds like an improved version of the high spin 2 piece soft cover golf ball. I would prefer White and would agree to be part of a review thread with review, photos, stories, and updates.

I would test the Tour Soft with several rounds on different courses, playing it next to the Pro V1, Chrome Soft, Srixon Z-Star, and Bridgestone Tour B XS. I'd also take it out to the short game area at Lonnie Poole for extensive partial wedges and bunker shots to evaluate green side spin compared to the above models. I also have access to Trackman and would spend an hour on that comparing.

• Location (City, State): Alubuquerque, NM
  • Handicap 21.2
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes, Cleveland CBX Wedges and TM MCGB Irons. I provided a detailed review of both and followed up multiple times in the review threads.
  • What ball do you currently play? Kirtland Signature and Wilson 50 Elite
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) High Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes I have been golfing year round here in NM
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I would test the balls out on the course against my current gamers for driver distance/spin/control, iron distance/spin/control, and on/around the greens for pitching/chipping and putting. Additionally I have a couple different groups who I could let use the balls and provide more feedback. These groups range from scratch to 25+ handicappers.

Handicap: 1.5

I have not tested for GolfWRX yet.

I currently play Pro V1x, Pro V1 and Bridgestone B330s. I've tried to find a yellow ball I like but haven't been able to so far.

I would prefer to test the yellow ball but would be happy to test either.

I am currently playing golf about once a week, so it won't be a problem being able to play.

Yes I agree to be a part of the review thread.

I would test the new tour soft along side the other balls I play by hitting multiple shots on each hole out on the course, that way I can get a good grasp on differences in distance, feel, spin, accuracy, etc.

Thanks for the opportunity!

• Location (City, State) Mandeville, LA
  • Handicap 10
  • What ball do you currently play?TP5
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, it was in the mid 80s this weekend
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Would love to
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I would use the ball in my practice sessions for both putting and chipping/pitching. I would use it regularly on the course, depending on the day I may able to play two balls, could compare directly to my TP5.

• Location (City, State)
  • Delcambre, La
  • Handicap
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe
  • No
  • What ball do you currently play?
  • Titleist Pro V1x...Bridgestone B330...
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)
  • Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?
  • I play year round
  • Yes I agree!
  • Testing will be done on various courses, weather conditions, and course conditions. I can test anytime due to being able to play year round. Testing will also be done around the practice green with different clubs and of course putting. I also have access to a launch monitor to review all aspects of not only driver stats, but all clubs as well.

Thanks for this opportunity!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 9* Tour AD DI 60S

Callaway Paradym  AI Smoke TD 3 Wood 15* Tour AD DI 70S

Callaway Paradym  AI Smoke TD 5 wood 18* Tour AD DI 70S

Callaway Apex Pro '24 irons 4-PW DG Tour issue x-100 

Callaway Jaws Black Raw wedges 50* 54* 58* DG tour issue x-100
2014 Newport 2 Scotty Cameron putter
2024 Smoke Staff Bag

• Location (City, State) Grand Rapids, MI
  • Handicap 10.1
  • What ball do you currently play? I currently play the TP5X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? I can be found on the course anytime! Rain or snow.
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. My test would be fairly simple. I will play two balls in the same round (TP5X and Tour Soft) as I typically play early mornings to myself. The trajectory/spin and ability to flight the ball on full swings in windy conditions would be my deciding factor when choosing a new ball. Greenside spin and feel would be secondary in importance to me.

Location- Indio, Ca.

Hdcp,- 3.3 Index

Tested- Yes, Titleist Drivers

Ball- Titelst Pro V1

Color- White

Play- Yes, I am in the desert & play year round

Review- Yes, Golf season here in the desert & our Club's Major tournaments are on the horizon

Testing- I play 4 times a week & our Club has a large putting/chipping area. I am far from the longest hitter at the Club, but base

my game on getting up & down. Perfect test situation for me & other short hitters.

• Harrisburg, North Carolina
  • I have been a tester - Taylormade M2 Iron.
  • Alternate between Titlesit ProV1x and Snell MTB.
  • Prefer white model.
  • Yes, we are playing golf here now.
  • I agree to these conditions.
  • On-course testing under playing conditions for long game assessment. Our club also has a dedicated short game area so I will use that to grade chipping, putting, and sand game. Testing will be done against ProV1x and MTB. Finally, to gain a better perspective and better sample group, I will provide these balls to our other members to get their feedback (the majority of these golfers are using Titleist and Callaway products)

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

• Location (City, State) - Jacksonville Beach, FL
  • Handicap - 6.6
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - No
  • What ball do you currently play? - Titleist ProV1X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Absolutely!
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - Would mostly test through playing on the course, but would also practice with in the short game areas and putting greens to compare to current balls I play.

• Location (City, State) Pittsburgh, PA
  • Handicap 4.0
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Unfortunately not.
  • What ball do you currently play? Titleist Pro V1x
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) No preference
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Nice little course in my neighborhood, able to play multiple balls, would play multiple balls of my current and multiple of Tour soft in same conditions, using all clubs in bag for testing. Also, have a trip to Florida which would allow me to test on different conditions. Thanks in advance for the opportunity!!

• Location Farmington Hills, MI
  • Handicap 12
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No If yes, please describe.
  • What ball do you currently play? TM TP5X
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Not yet, hopefully soon
  • By utilizing both practice facility and on course conditions in a variety of weather condition I believe I would be able to conduct side-by-side comparisons to the True Soft to other balls I currently am using.

• Location (Cincinnati, Ohio)
  • Handicap - 10
  • What ball do you currently play? I change the ball in play fairly often. In the last 2 years I have tested:
    • Titleist Pro V1, ProV1x,
    • Srixon Q Star, Z Star, Zstar XV
    • Kirkland Signature
    • Callaway SR-2, SR-3, Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft TruVis
    • TaylorMade Lethal, Tour Preferred, Tour Preferred X, TP5x
    • Nike RZN Black, RZN Tour Platinum
    • Bridgestone B330 S
    • Currently play Q Star in winter, and Nike RZN Tour Platinum in warmer weather

[*]Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)

[*]Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? We play all year round - yes

[*]Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes

[*]Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Like most on Golf WRX I am a club ho and golf nerd. I would do short game testing in my yard with vary clubs and shots. I would also put it in play on courses to compare it with the two balls I am currently playing it and with other balls I have tested from memory. that on course testing might cause me to bring out different balls to compare these with. Sounds like a lot of fun.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

• Location (City, State): Oakbrook, IL (Chicago suburb)
  • Handicap: 12
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. I have tested new Titleist balls about 5 years ago. It was a through Titleist, not GolfWRX, I believe
  • What ball do you currently play? Titleist Pro-V1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, courses in area are opening this week.
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Early in the season, I get a lot of practice time on the course at odd hours when it is not too busy. I would hit two balls for every shot (mine and a test ball) and determine how they perform relative to each other.