2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Titleist Tour Soft Ball Testing! 30 Members receive 1 dozen each PLUS bonus giveaway!

HipCheck

In a post below, please provide the following info:

• Location (City, State) South Hadley, MA
  • Handicap 11
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No
  • What ball do you currently play? Whatever I have
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Mostly on course. Would probably hit several shots from various situations and compare to see how they respond

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Handicap: 16
  • Any Previous Golfwrx Testing Experience?: I have not done any golfwrx testing yet.
  • Current Ball: Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Color Preferred: White
  • What will you do for a review?: Currently our local courses are closed but the weather has finally melted all of our snow and if it stays nice, we have a local course that is not pga affiliated and opens whenever the ground is thawed. Two years ago my father and I were playing on Christmas eve, so it's really just weather dependent on when I can get out there. I own a skytrak and do a lot of indoor hitting so I will be hitting the Tour Softs until the dimples fall off. I will also be going on a trip to Colorado in June and playing in high altitude and will bring the Tour Soft with me out there to see how it plays in a different altitude. I will also make my father in-law and brother in-law play them too to help with the review.
  • Do you agree to be a part of a testing thread?: Absolutely.
  • Describe how you would be testing: Once I get out on the course I will play multiple rounds with the Tour Soft to give an on course review. Additionally I do own a Skytrak and do a lot of indoor practicing and will be comparing the Tour Soft to quite a few other low compression balls that I have, as well as hitting them rigorously to see what the durability is like. I have practiced with various balls to the point where they split apart and would do the same with these tour soft's. I will also post screen shots of the numbers that i'm finding with them to compare them to other balls that I have. (TP5, Prov1, Prov1x, Chromesoft, Q-Star Tour, Z-Star, Z-Star XV, Etc.)

Location (City, State) - Miami, Florida

Handicap - 9.1

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - Yes, aldila Driver shaft

What ball do you currently play? - 2016 Bridgestone B330RX

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - white

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course testing? Yes, back and forth to Florida during the winter months

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Yes absolutely!

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - I would use the short game facility primarily to start. Chipping, putting and pitching from 75yrds and in. That’s the best way for me to assess spin and playability. Then I’d go out at twilight when I can play two balls to compare it to my gamer. Then when I get a clear fee of course a few practice rounds exclusively with the test ball to get more reps in.

• Location (City, State) Greenville, SC
  • Handicap 11.9
  • What ball do you currently play? TaylorMade Project a
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, it is 70 degrees in SC already!
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

I would test by playing several rounds on my home course and other local courses with these balls along with competing models. I would provide feedback on feel, trajectory, softness, spin, distance, and durability. I would randomize the type of ball during the testing to eliminate variation from my own game. My home course has an excellent short game area. I would also test these balls there against several competing models and provide feedback on short game metrics such as feel, spin, trajectory, and overall short game control. I would test short game by performing multiple short game shots from various lies in addition to putting.

• Location - Honolulu, HI
  • Handicap 11.8
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No
  • What ball do you currently play? Titleist Pro V1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? It's always Summer in Hawaii,
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. My handicap has gone up in 2017 and I need to rebuild my short game. I would use half a dozen of the Tour Soft (the yellow ones) in the practice area to work on shorter pitch shots and compare them to the Pro Vs I have in my practice bag. I would use the balance during my weekly round on Saturdays. Twice a month a play the busiest municipal golf course in the world, Ala Wai and the other two Saturdays are with my vagabond golf club. We have a tournament at the various venues on the island. I would be able to put the ball through it paces in both a casual setting and in a tournament,

Location (City, State): Lusby, MD

• Handicap: 14.4
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe: I have not tested any equipment for GolfWrx before.
  • What model ball brand / model do you currently play?: Srixon Z-Star Yellow
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves White, 2 sleeves Yellow)?: High-Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews?: Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates?: Definitely!!
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: I work on a Naval installation and the course has a large short game practice area with a practice hole that would allow me to test short game shots up to 150 yards. Additionally I would test putting feel locally on several different types of greens. I have a great relationship with the course 2 miles from my house, so I would be able to easily test on course driving performance on everything from long par 5s to Par 3s. I would also do an on course test of my current ball vs. the Titleist ball in all aspects of the game.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Location (City, State): Daytona Beach, FL

Handicap: 9.8

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe: Yes the Taylormade SLDR Challenge and the RSi1 irons.

What ball do you currently play?: Nike RZN Platinum

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): Both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, sunny Florida.

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: I would play rounds at local courses and gauge how the Titleist Tour Soft balls perform against the RZN Platinums. The courses have been fairly empty so would perform multiple approach shots, irons, drivers, and putts as necessary to give an honest assessment of the ball's performance.

FROM TITLEIST

The continued pursuit of breakthrough technology and performance by Titleist golf ball engineers has resulted in the all-new Titleist Tour Soft golf balls.

For golfers demanding better feel, the invention of Titleist Tour Soft – the softest-feeling golf ball in its category – delivers a better performance experience. Tour Soft’s innovative design combines the largest core ever engineered into a Titleist golf ball with ultra-thin cover technology to provide responsive feel, very fast speed for commanding distance and excellent short game performance.

“We knew based on breakthroughs being made in R&D that there was an opportunity to deliver a brand new high performance golf ball that would lead the category in terms of soft compression feel,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing.“Ultimately, because of our exhaustive and iterative prototyping process, we were able to deliver everything we wanted in Tour Soft – and more. It’s not only the softest ball in the category. It’s better and longer than Chrome Soft, TP5 and Tour B RXS.”

NEW TITLEIST TOUR SOFT: EXPERIENCE BETTER PERFORMANCE. EXPERIENCE BETTER FEEL.

• The largest Titleist core ever produces category-leading soft feel and high ball speed for commanding distance. In developing Tour Soft’s core, the Titleist Golf Ball R&D and Operations teams were challenged to surpass previously accepted core size limitations in order to produce a golf ball that feels better and is as long or longer than the competition.
  • A new ultra-thin 4CE grafted cover made with TCU Process Technology generates advanced short game control. Innovations in the manufacturing process at Titleist Ball Plant 2 in Massachusetts allowed engineers to mold the extremely thin, very soft cover formulation – made from a proprietary blend of four different materials – uniformly across the surface.
  • A new spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design, optimized for the new Tour Soft construction, delivers a penetrating trajectory and consistent flight.
  • Tour Soft is available in both white and high-optic yellow.
  • On the web: https://www.titleist...balls/tour-soft

THE TESTERS

• 30 members (yes that's right) will be chosen to receive 1 dozen Titleist Tour Soft of their choice (white and/or high-optic yellow)
  • BONUS: 5 of the 30 will also be randomly selected to receive a limited edition Team Titleist gear pack!

TO APPLY

In a post below, please provide the following info:

• Location (City, State) KC MO
  • Handicap 13
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. NO
  • What ball do you currently play? BRIDGESTONE E6
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) BOTH
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? YES
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? YES
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. HIT EM

Members will be chosen and notified via the PM system within 2 weeks.

Good luck!

• Location (City, State): Carmel, Indiana
  • Handicap: 11
  • What ball do you currently play? Kirkland Signature
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? No
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I'm not fan of Titleist, their business model, their overall effect on the golf ball market and would not likely be able to provide an unbiased review of their golf ball products as a result.

Location (City, State) - Annapolis, MD

Handicap - 11

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? Yes, Cleveland CBX wedge testing

What ball do you currently play? Callaway Chrome Soft

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, all courses are open

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes!

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less.

I would play at least 4 rounds at different courses in my area. They all have different characteristics and play differently. I’d take notes as I play in feel, spin and durability. I would post an in depth review for fellow WRXers! Thanks!

• Location (City, State) Emlenton, PA
  • Handicap: 20 (unofficial)
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No, ut always wanted to
  • What ball do you currently play? Callaway Hex Black Tour (still have some left)
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow): White
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I live very close to 2 golf courses. Additionally, I live near several open fields where I can Hit the balls and retrieve them, comparing ball flight etc in real-life situations For putting, I also have an indoor putting mat to practice. These comparisons would be made vs my old ball.

Location - Greensboro, NC

Handicap - 10.5

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Taylormade TP5

Which color would you prefer to test: Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow)

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - My plan would be to play multiple 9 hole rounds where i çan play two balls all the way through providing an in depth comparison to the Taylormade TP5. This would allow me to compare the balls off the tee, from the fairway and rough, around the greens, and on the greens.

Location (City, State) Flemington, NJ

Handicap 0.0

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes for MRC Tensei white golf shaft

What ball do you currently play? ProV 1x

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) White

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes our course is open all year.

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes to all.

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. On the course and compare it to my ProV1.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

• Handicap: 4.1
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. Yes I tested and wrote a detailed description of the Nunchuk XI Iron shafts about 4-5 years ago.
  • What ball do you currently play? TM TP5X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Actually, Ive never played a yellow ball, or a soft ball, so why not. 2 of each!
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yep. Just started getting out on the course this past weekend. I do a lot of short game practice as well.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I'd love to be selected. I was always a ProV player until the last few years. I do like a ball that can be worked, but can compete in the wind. I've never really played a soft ball or that niche, as I have some preconceived notions of higher spin and less distance. Maybe I've been wrong all along and this could unlock a performance I am missing.

Thanks for the opportunity

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

• Handicap: 17
  • What ball do you currently play? Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Which color would you prefer to test: High-Optic Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes. There is a course near me that is open 365 days a year, it's starting to get warm so other courses are opening, and I am taking a trip to a warm weather destination in late March for an extended golf weekend.
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes
  • Briefly describe how you would test in 200 words or less. I would test the Tour Soft against my gamer in 3 different ways. First I would test the feel off the putter. Next would be an extensive short game test with chipping and pitching from various distances. The last part of the test would be four to five rounds hitting the same shot with the Tour Soft against my current ball.

• Location (City, State) apex nc
  • Handicap 9
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. yes. ust elements chrome, hogan ptx.
  • What ball do you currently play? snell mtb black
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? yep
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? yep
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Practice greens and playing, just like with any other ball I try out. Not a launch monitor junkie so it's just on course results for me.

Handicap 2.7

I have tested for golfwrx before as I was lucky enough to be chosen for the Addidas Tour 360 shoe testing.

Current ball. Titleist pro v1

High optic yellow

Winter is pretty much finished in Charlotte so I am available to do on course testing any day of the week.

I would be honored to be a part of a Golfwrx member review thread and would add picture and commentary to this thread.

To test the balls I would go to the course and first start by hitting wedges and comparing the ball to the proV1. I would then hit drivers on course before finally playing multiple rounds with the ball. Lastly, I would play a round with two balls so I could directly compare it to the prov1. Thanks for the opportunity

Location ** Hoboken, NJ

Handicap ** 10.2

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. *** NO

What ball do you currently play? ***Titleist ProV1X (just ordered B XS balls)

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) ***WHITE

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? ***YES - travel to N.C./S.C. ONCE A MONTH WHEN COLD IN NJ

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? *** YES

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less***I would play rounds of golf hitting multiple shots during practice rounds from different areas on the course for feel, accuracy, spin/control and distance on all shots, long, short, chip/pitch and putt. I would video and write down notes to report back.

• Location York, PA
  • Handicap - 6.9
  • What ball do you currently play? Chrome Soft
  • Which color would you prefer to test: Both
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? No
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I practice putting and in short game area to get a feel before taking to the course. During a practice round would play variety of shots to get the best feel for the overall performance.

• Location (City, State) - Omaha, NE
  • Handicap - 9.6 HC
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - Yes, Srixon SoftFeel golf balls
  • What ball do you currently play? - Titleist ProV1
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - White/Both no color preference
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? - Yes
  • Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? - Yes
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. - Obviously, hit a round. There will probably be some trees hit during the round (whether intentionally or not), testing durability of the cover. Go through a long practice session to test chipping, pitching, putting around the green. All of these will be compared to similar soft balls (Chrome Soft, SoftFeel, etc.) as well as my current gamer, the ProV1.

Location (City, State) - Macomb township, Michigan

Handicap - 10

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - Yes, Hogan vktr hybrids that are still in the bag.

What ball do you currently play? Callaway chromesoft

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes, where theres eres a way to get it done, many locals are open and have played year round

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Yes!

I would play rounds, scrambling between the tour softs and chromesoft to report feel, spin and durability

Location (City, State) Neenah Wi

Handicap about 6

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. No

What ball do you currently play? Titleist Pro V1X

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) Yellow

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes

Do you agree to be part of a GolfWRX Member review thread for Titleist Tour Soft golf balls and add you review, photos, stories and updates? Absolutely

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. Play a few rounds with it to get an overall feel for it. But hit multiple shots with different balls to try to get a feel for how there different. The course is still soft.

Location (City, State): San Jose, CA

Handicap: 2.1

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? No

What ball do you currently play? Srizon Z-Star

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow: White

Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less: Play a couple rounds using a couple of balls from different brands, hitting different types of shots. I would also take them to the practice putting green and hit a bunch of putts to get a feel for the ball off the face of the putter.

[b]Titleist 917 D3 8.5* [/b]Aldila VS Proto 70 X-Stiff
[b]Titleist 915 fd 15* [/b]Aldila VS Proto 70 X-Stiff
[b]Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 Iron [/b] Project X LZ
[b]Mizuno MP-18 Blade (4-PW) [/b]Project X LZ
[b]Titleist Vokey SM5 52*[/b]
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy 4 56*[/b]
[b]Titleist Vokey SM6 60*
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

Location (City, State) - Kansas City, MO

Handicap - 13

Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? If yes, please describe. - NO

What ball do you currently play? Sirixon Q-Star tour

Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - both

Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? Yes most of my courses are open

I would play a few rounds with the balls in a couple of courses in the area. I would also go to the chipping and putting area, to test there, if the course is busy. I’d take notes as I play in feel, spin and durability compared to other balls I play.

• Location (City, State) - Spokane, Washington
  • Handicap - 5
  • What ball do you currently play? Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) - Yellow
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? I have an hour drive to do on-course reviews.
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I would first test them on the short game facility at my home course. Then put them in full play and compare them directly with my current gamers. I do have the luxury of playing 2 balls on Fridays. I would also have one of my regular playing partners do the same thing so we could have two opinions with the same playing conditions.

• Location (Portland, ME)
  • Handicap 7.6
  • Have you tested equipment for GolfWRX before? no, but I gotta win sometime!
  • What ball do you currently play? TP5X
  • Which color would you prefer to test: White, High-Optic Yellow or Both (2 sleeves white, 2 yellow) white please
  • Since it's still winter, are you in an area where you can do on-course reviews? yes, I travel a lot
  • Briefly describe how your would test in 200 words or less. I would compare the balls to the TP5X and Bridgestone Tour BXS, I would do driver, long irons, wedges and putting.