Ping G LS Tec vs 2016 M1

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made this exact switch at the end of last year. First of all the ping G sounds horrible. But I’ve never got a driver as long as I hit the g lstec when I centred it.

M1 once you dial it in is just as long but more forgiving and sounds way better! Looks much better too.

I’m a ping guy always have been but 2016 M1 is as good as you can get IMO. First Taylormade club I’ve ever owned

I made this exact switch at the end of last year. First of all the ping G sounds horrible. But I’ve never got a driver as long as I hit the g lstec when I centred it.

M1 once you dial it in is just as long but more forgiving and sounds way better! Looks much better too.

I’m a ping guy always have been but 2016 M1 is as good as you can get IMO. First Taylormade club I’ve ever owned

You found the m1 more forgiving? Most ppl seem to think the ping is.

Ping G maybe. Lstec isn’t imo. No doubt there’s worse but m1 seems much better. I hated Taylormade until I played a round with this M1. Not saying it’s the greatest driver ever but it really works for me. I have the weight ahead of the neutral position and I just love it!

Also that Alta shaft in the G series is terrible. Sounds awful too haha.

Made this switch fall of 2016 from G LST to the 2016 M1 and haven’t looked back. I also played the regular G that year. No comparison for me personally...more distance over the LST and also more forgiveness with the M1 over the regular G (in my experiences). I really wanted to like the Ping drivers and didn’t want the M1 to begin with, if that is any handicap of my experience.

You’ll find crumbs of information on here but only way to find out is to try things out yourself on the golf course. Good luck.

Ping G maybe. Lstec isn’t imo. No doubt there’s worse but m1 seems much better. I hated Taylormade until I played a round with this M1. Not saying it’s the greatest driver ever but it really works for me. I have the weight ahead of the neutral position and I just love it!

Also that Alta shaft in the G series is terrible. Sounds awful too haha.

What shaft are you using? What’s your ss?