Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

While he is representing quite nicely, what the hell is Bob Estes doing in this field?

Major Medical Extension. Google is your friend. :)

https://www.pgatour....iger-woods.html

Major Medical Extension

Ryan Palmer

Sangmoon Bae

Bob Estes

Chris Couch

Colt Knost

I usually hit up ask.com or AOL. I have never tried Google, so thanks for the recommendation.

Lolwut?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you have been to Innisbrook and seen the 1st at Copperhead? It is a benign looking hole that invites players to go long. And it will set the tone for the day. If Tiger is going to win tomorrow he needs to birdie that first hole. (You all know how there are some holes that just invite a great score - and this is one of them)

But, and I have said this in the thread a couple of times already - the weather tomorrow is going to be a factor. Cool and raining. Cannot help but wonder how Tiger's back and knees will perform under that kind of weather conditions. (I know I hurt more that's for sure)

I honestly believe if he gets off to a fast start with a bird on 1 and can remain loose he'll be hard to beat.

The first hole is not benign. Use driver and the left bunker comes into play. Use 3 wood and you’re looking at a very long second shot in a very angulated green surrounded by bunkers. It’s set up as an awesome risk reward tee shot. Wedging it in is no give me since the green is very slanted.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

129 mph clubhead speed... fastest recorded speed on the tour in 2 years...go Bionic Tiger

Here come the "false positive" responses or whatever. They are going to say Tiger was tee'd up in the wrong part of the tee box for an accurate reading.

129 mph clubhead speed... fastest recorded speed on the tour in 2 years...go Bionic Tiger

Here come the "false positive" responses or whatever. They are going to say Tiger was tee'd up in the wrong part of the tee box for an accurate reading.

The clubhead speed “truthers” will be coming around the mountain any time. Apparently Tiger is the only one fining the sweet spot on the tee to get the fastest swing every week.

How many of you have been to Innisbrook and seen the 1st at Copperhead? It is a benign looking hole that invites players to go long. And it will set the tone for the day. If Tiger is going to win tomorrow he needs to birdie that first hole. (You all know how there are some holes that just invite a great score - and this is one of them)

But, and I have said this in the thread a couple of times already - the weather tomorrow is going to be a factor. Cool and raining. Cannot help but wonder how Tiger's back and knees will perform under that kind of weather conditions. (I know I hurt more that's for sure)

I honestly believe if he gets off to a fast start with a bird on 1 and can remain loose he'll be hard to beat.

you’re right about #1, but man is that fairway narrow. And I had similar concerns but remember Friday’s 8am tee time was very cold and he played great. I think physically he hasn’t shown a reason to worried this time around

Past performance isn't necessarily indicative of future performance, but TW has been in the top two 68 times and won 44.

65% win rate.

How many of those was he leading coming into Sunday? You might want to check out his win rate when NOT IN THE LEAD coming into Sunday. This is including second. It's not good at all.

Tiger has 320 starts of a professional (11 as an amateur) on the PGA Tour. 263 times he was in 2nd place or lower going into the final round. He has won 26 of those events. Essentially a 10% winning percentage. Not many players in the history of the game that have a 10% winning percentage period.

I'm not gonna lie, my head is spinning with all these numbers, LOL. But...how do you think 10% win rate coming from second place is impressive? it's impressive the number of times he got to be in second, not at all impressive how often he pulled out the win. Second, what does any players overall career win percentage have to do with anything we are talking about? Apples and Oranges.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

PING G425 3W 14.5* & 5W 17.5*

PING G425 4H 22** & 5H 26* 

CALLAWAY Apex DCB 6-AW 

CALLAWAY Raw Face 54-10 

CLEVELAND  RTX Zipcore 58-6 

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

The clubhead speed “truthers” will be coming around the mountain any time. Apparently Tiger is the only one fining the sweet spot on the tee to get the fastest swing every week.

“Truthers” lol perfect time to pull out that term.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Are Rory and Spieth paired for Sunday?

Exactly the type of remark the front running Tiger fans love to make. Have to chalk it up to not having a band wagon to jump on the last few years. I'm going to guess like a lot of the guys on this thread you've spent all weekend looking online for a used Tiger head cover. Just so people will think you stayed true all the while.

They did have an interest stat today that Spieth has already missed more cuts in his career then Tiger. Just another bandwagon stat:-)

Ping G424 Max (9) - Ping Tour 65 S
Ping G425 2 Hybrid (16) - Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95 TS
Ping G425 3 Hybrid (20) - Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95 TS
PXG Gen 5 0331P irons 5 - G - Steel fiber PR I110

Square Strike Chipper (black) 45 (Damn chipping yips)
Cleveland CBX 2 54 - Dynamic Gold 115 
Cleveland Smart Sole 4 58 - Dynamic Gold 115 
Scotty X5 duel 33 in / 40g    

9 HC

Past performance isn't necessarily indicative of future performance, but TW has been in the top two 68 times and won 44.

65% win rate.

How many of those was he leading coming into Sunday? You might want to check out his win rate when NOT IN THE LEAD coming into Sunday. This is including second. It's not good at all.

Tiger has 320 starts of a professional (11 as an amateur) on the PGA Tour. 263 times he was in 2nd place or lower going into the final round. He has won 26 of those events. Essentially a 10% winning percentage. Not many players in the history of the game that have a 10% winning percentage period.

I'm not gonna lie, my head is spinning with all these numbers, LOL. But...how do you think 10% win rate coming from second place is impressive? it's impressive the number of times he got to be in second, not at all impressive how often he pulled out the win. Second, what does any players overall career win percentage have to do with anything we are talking about? Apples and Oranges.

It not 10% from second place. It’s 10% from any position other than first, after 54 holes.

65% win rate.

Not all of Tigers comeback wins have been only from 2nd place. You seem to be mixing up different sets of numbers or are just being difficult for the hell of it or are flat out ignoring what is being posted about Tigers wins. I've explained the numbers the best I can. And upon reviewing this thread somebody stated Tiger has won 8 events out of 15 when in 2nd place going into the final round. That's a 53% winning percentage. Aren't many players that win 53% of the time from any position.

Are Rory and Spieth paired for Sunday?

Exactly the type of remark the front running Tiger fans love to make. Have to chalk it up to not having a band wagon to jump on the last few years. I'm going to guess like a lot of the guys on this thread you've spent all weekend looking online for a used Tiger head cover. Just so people will think you stayed true all the while.

They did have an interest stat today that Spieth has already missed more cuts in his career then Tiger. Just another bandwagon stat:-)

So Tiger is back, hopefully healthy and playing well for the first time in years. You decide the way to show your cred as a Tiger fan is take cheap shots at Rory and Spieth? When you're watching him play on TV do you scream "mashed potatoes when Tiger plays a chip shot?

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

CALLAWAY Apex DCB 6-AW 

CALLAWAY Raw Face 54-10 

65% win rate.

Not all of Tigers comeback wins have been only from 2nd place. You seem to be mixing up different sets of numbers or are just being difficult for the hell of it or are flat out ignoring what is being posted about Tigers wins. I've explained the numbers the best I can. And upon reviewing this thread somebody stated Tiger has won 8 events out of 15 when in 2nd place going into the final round. That's a 53% winning percentage. Aren't many players that win 53% of the time from any position.

Other than the greats of the game I doubt many guys have won 50% of the time they lead after 54

Cameron Champ is someone who swings at a legit 128+ with 190+ ball speed. There is no way in heck Tiger is swinging this fast.

[media=]

[/media]

Perhaps, though it seems odd to me that Tiger is the only one getting these outlier numbers over 2 weeks at 2 separate tournaments, he must be the only one finding the lucky spot on the tee to get an extra 10 mph of clubhead speed to show up. That swing on 14 today was ferocious, and he hit a drive on 5 today uphill into the wind 321 that was 15 past anyone else today. Whatever he’s swinging, it’s elite.

65% win rate.

Sorry. Now I see what you're saying. Not trying to be difficult. Really was confused by the numbers, and the sad part is I gave up alcohol for Lent, Can't use drinking as an excuse. LOL

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

CALLAWAY Apex DCB 6-AW 

CALLAWAY Raw Face 54-10 

Love and adoration. At least that's how the golf announcers refer to Tiger.

Let's see, a swearing, spitting guy on the course. Screwed prostitutes with the wife and babies at home. About overdosed on pills before putting his car into action.

I guess if that's so deserving of love and adoration, I'd like to see the media's definition of anything else. Amazing. But, for the ratings.

Well said, Mr Perfect.

/sarcasm

Cameron Champ is someone who swings at a legit 128+ with 190+ ball speed. There is no way in heck Tiger is swinging this fast.

[media=]

[/media]

how can u tell

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I played the Copperhead course a month before the tournament a few years ago. We are standing on the first tee and I ask the starter if the rough was about the same length the pro's would play it at. He says "hell no, the pro's would b**** if it was this long." Based on the pictures posted yesterday, the rough looks long. Not sure if they will cut it down before the tournament but it looks challenging.

For those who haven't been to Innsbrook, the Island course is regarded by many as the better and tougher course. That course has eaten my lunch where I have played Copperhead well.

So why do you think they play the Copperhead course? Better infrastructure for fans and so forth?

Just like Sawgrass, I like the Valley better. The Island course is a bear as well, tough from the back. Copperhead just requires precision if you go near the back 2 sets of tees. I don't care who you are, or your handicap, the Copperhead from the tips is brutal.....

65% win rate.

8/15 when down by 1 shot after 3 rounds.

The first hole is not benign. Use driver and the left bunker comes into play. Use 3 wood and you’re looking at a very long second shot in a very angulated green surrounded by bunkers. It’s set up as an awesome risk reward tee shot. Wedging it in is no give me since the green is very slanted.

Read my reply again. Benign looking.

It can allow a great start or a disaster; an easy birdie if the player is careful but an easy bogey if not.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[media=]

[/media]

how can u tell

He was there.

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

I will say I have never been the biggest tiger fan. I was always a big Phil guy. That being said, tiger is looking very good. His swing (however fast it is or isn’t) looks really under control. Flashing back to 10 years ago.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

. But no one said a word when they gave the stats and he wasn't first in the last two tournaments. It was one day. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

By the way, and not directed at you, to anyone who has watched him over the years up close, they have no doubt that he is capable of ridiculous speeds if the back holds up. It's something to see and that's from someone who has also watched Hank Kuene on the range when there was no fairway to hit. Crazy! If people ever had the chance to watch Tiger in his prime on the range his legend status would be even larger and not just because of brute power.

[media=]

[/media]

Perhaps, though it seems odd to me that Tiger is the only one getting these outlier numbers over 2 weeks at 2 separate tournaments, he must be the only one finding the lucky spot on the tee to get an extra 10 mph of clubhead speed to show up. That swing on 14 today was ferocious, and he hit a drive on 5 today uphill into the wind 321 that was 15 past anyone else today. Whatever he’s swinging, it’s elite.

It actually happens when the radar isnt directly behind the player. Its off by a bit because when you see smash factors of 1.52 you know its wrong and way off. hes swinging great and with speed but the #s are a little off. thats not tigers fault and not a direct criticism of him just reality.