Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

If he pulls this off, it removes all doubt in my mind who is the greatest of all time.

amen!! I just have a feeling hes going to win by 3-4 tommorow...shame he isnt in final group...would be a beat down.... as is it leaves Rose at the advantage.. The kid will backup like Sharma did last week for sure. So will be Rose or Tiger..... Rose is just hard to pull for ...nice enough sounding guy ..But absolutely zero excitement to watch him play

Hes an elite ballstriker and a very down to earth nice guy. 5th OWGR. 8 pga tour wins and a US Open. perennial ryder cupper and on the cusp of a hall of fame career. Whats not to like? i know youre pulling for tiger but hes a great story as well. Dont agree with the beatdown comment.This is 2018, Ted Potter just ran away with it at pebble. Conners might struggle tomorrow but i have feeling he wont.Hes been on the big stage before.Decorated amateur career and despite the quirkyness in his swing he hits alot of greens. Adam Hadwin did that last year as well and made the odd putt and took it. My vote is on Rose as he found something out there late friday and today and was the steadiest playing the last 3 holes for 2 straight days which i believe is where it will come down to.

beat downs still being handed out on tour..Phil vs Sharma last sunday for example...

Rose is .....well.. Rose.. i dont hate the guy but i just cant pull for him...im not taking anything away from him as a player... Just that id rather watch an episode of family feud than to watch Rose play a perfect 18 and win.... and i love a blowout when we are talking Spieth, tiger, phil, stenson , DJ, etc... something about Rose that just makes me yawn..

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tiger wins this week it is an incredible story, if Tiger wins a major again it's the greatest sports comeback/story of all time

5 months ago this guy was dead to competitive golf

5 months ago this guy had been dead to competitive golf for 3+ years! If his health holds up and he continues improving the way he has been, he'll end up hoisting a trophy again and it will have been a comeback that only Tiger Woods could pull off.

He still has a long way to go and more odds to beat before he recaptures any amount of dominance, but the fact he is back on the first page of leaderboard at this stage shows how good he is.

Ben Hogan on line one regarding comebacks...

You're both wrong. Any true golf historian knows that the greatest comeback ever was Steve Stricker's 2007 season. In 2006, he had 7 top tens and missed two cuts. But in 2007, he zoomed all the way to 9 top tens and four missed cuts, and was duly awarded the Comeback Player of the Year trophy for the second straight year. He had no reported illness, injury, or even a bad hair day during that time.

No joke, look it up.

Then two years later, when Tiger went from being able to play only 6 events in 2008 due to stress fractures, cartilage damage, and torn knee ligaments, to winning 6 events in 2009, the Tour decided that there was nobody deserving of a Comeback POTY trophy, so they didn't award one. Now THAT was a joke.

If Tiger wins this week it is an incredible story, if Tiger wins a major again it's the greatest sports comeback/story of all time

5 months ago this guy had been dead to competitive golf for 3+ years! If his health holds up and he continues improving the way he has been, he'll end up hoisting a trophy again and it will have been a comeback that only Tiger Woods could pull off.

He still has a long way to go and more odds to beat before he recaptures any amount of dominance, but the fact he is back on the first page of leaderboard at this stage shows how good he is.

You're both wrong. Any true golf historian knows that the greatest comeback ever was Steve Stricker's 2007 season. In 2006, he had 7 top tens and missed two cuts. But in 2007, he zoomed all the way to 9 top tens and four missed cuts, and was duly awarded the Comeback Player of the Year trophy for the second straight year. He had no reported illness, injury, or even a bad hair day during that time.

No joke, look it up.

Then two years later, when Tiger went from being able to play only 6 events in 2008 due to stress fractures, cartilage damage, and torn knee ligaments, to winning 6 events in 2009, the Tour decided that there was nobody deserving of a Comeback POTY trophy, so they didn't award one. Now THAT was a joke.

tenor.gif

If he pulls this off, it removes all doubt in my mind who is the greatest of all time.

amen!! I just have a feeling hes going to win by 3-4 tommorow...shame he isnt in final group...would be a beat down.... as is it leaves Rose at the advantage.. The kid will backup like Sharma did last week for sure. So will be Rose or Tiger..... Rose is just hard to pull for ...nice enough sounding guy ..But absolutely zero excitement to watch him play

Hes an elite ballstriker and a very down to earth nice guy. 5th OWGR. 8 pga tour wins and a US Open. perennial ryder cupper and on the cusp of a hall of fame career. Whats not to like? i know youre pulling for tiger but hes a great story as well. Dont agree with the beatdown comment.This is 2018, Ted Potter just ran away with it at pebble. Conners might struggle tomorrow but i have feeling he wont.Hes been on the big stage before.Decorated amateur career and despite the quirkyness in his swing he hits alot of greens. Adam Hadwin did that last year as well and made the odd putt and took it. My vote is on Rose as he found something out there late friday and today and was the steadiest playing the last 3 holes for 2 straight days which i believe is where it will come down to.

beat downs still being handed out on tour..Phil vs Sharma last sunday for example...

Rose is .....well.. Rose.. i dont hate the guy but i just cant pull for him...im not taking anything away from him as a player... Just that id rather watch an episode of family feud than to watch Rose play a perfect 18 and win.... and i love a blowout when we are talking Spieth, tiger, phil, stenson , DJ, etc... something about Rose that just makes me yawn..

Everything about Rose is very methodical and smooth, could be seen as boring to some. No particular aspect of his game stands out above anyone else so I get it, still seems like a super guy though.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Im just a different cat i guess. I like and root for so many guys on tour and appreciate alot of them for their individual prowess.Rose is very underrated in these parts. His ball striking and distance control is easily top 5 on tour.Hes also been gaining distance every year.guy almost won 2 masters.

As per the beat down that was sharmas first PGA tour event and it was a WGC to boot. he showed on saturday that he was slowing down.Nobody was surprised he wouldnt be a factor on sunday. Conners might surprise you. hes older and is a great ball striker on a course where he doesnt need to be long. Also 26 years old.Led the web.com in GIRs last year by alot. if he can shoot another 68 tomorrow it might be enough. Would be a great story from 3rd alternate to staring down tiger, rose, sneds...

No joke, look it up.

I'm a big Stricker fan, I love his game and his story, but I don't really see how that compared. I mean you said it yourself; no reported illness or injury etc etc, i'm not really sure how that makes the comeback MORE impressive? He's gone on record talking about what happened to him, about getting pushed out of his style of play mentally by Tiger's overwhelming power at the time and chasing something that ultimately hurt his whole game. Huge props to him for getting himself mentally back on track but that doesn't really stack up to Hogan or Woods IMO.

EDIT: I just realized this was completely sarcastic and somehow missed that. :D

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

looks at your avatar and signature, blinks... you must have really agonized over that decision... ;)

Yeah I've been on the Tiger train since the beginning. Got little empty for awhile but its starting to get crowded again. Even noticing a few people who've gotten off and on a few times :) Im just glad hes back to being competitive, win lose or draw. The most telling sign to me was grinding to make the cut at Torrey Pines. It showed me he had the will again even if the game was lagging behind.

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

No joke, look it up.

I'm a big Stricker fan, I love his game and his story, but I don't really see how that compared. I mean you said it yourself; no reported illness or injury etc etc, i'm not really sure how that makes the comeback MORE impressive? He's gone on record talking about what happened to him, about getting pushed out of his style of play mentally by Tiger's overwhelming power at the time and chasing something that ultimately hurt his whole game. Huge props to him for getting himself mentally back on track but that doesn't really stack up to Hogan or Woods IMO.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Tiger has always been enamored with Hogan's comeback. We are a long way from comparing the two but man it would be something if he could make a run at Nicklaus record. And Strickers back to back comeback POTY always has had me scratching my head.

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

While he is representing quite nicely, what the hell is Bob Estes doing in this field?

Major Medical Extension. Google is your friend. :)

https://www.pgatour....iger-woods.html

Major Medical Extension

Ryan Palmer

Sangmoon Bae

Bob Estes

Chris Couch

Colt Knost

I usually hit up ask.com or AOL. I have never tried Google, so thanks for the recommendation.

Lolwut?

Is it new?

I read somewhere a long time ago that Tiger has always been enamored with Hogan's comeback. We are a long way from comparing the two but man it would be something if he could make a run at Nicklaus record. And Strickers back to back comeback POTY always has had me scratching my head.

The guy (Stricker) DID fall pretty far and his story is a heart warming one. I also edited my post above because I skimmed and completely missed the sarcasm. :D

Bridgestone 

Weather will be great today! Rained a bit last night after the tournament.

It should be a birdie festival with tiger most likely doing all the damage while Connor and Rosie and sned have the life suck out of them. Tampa going to make it so tiger will always come back! Let’s gooooooooooooo

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Let's see, a swearing, spitting guy on the course. Screwed prostitutes with the wife and babies at home.

I wish I had a nickel for every guy who was so outraged at Tiger, and then voted for Trump.

Not that it makes any actions legit

You could an enormous number of popular famous presidents, sports figures, doctors, soccer moms, teachers and religious figures. Right?

no it doesn't...just one guy is very very nasty..sickening,..creepy, degenerate, psycho.and you know who I mean...

The mistake all these guys make is getting married.

Derrick Jeter is the example of being a professional athlete who wanted to have a great career both on the field and in his dating life. Wait until your career is done before getting married:-)

Ping G424 Max (9) - Ping Tour 65 S
Ping G425 2 Hybrid (16) - Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95 TS
Ping G425 3 Hybrid (20) - Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95 TS
PXG Gen 5 0331P irons 5 - G - Steel fiber PR I110

Square Strike Chipper (black) 45 (Damn chipping yips)
Cleveland CBX 2 54 - Dynamic Gold 115 
Cleveland Smart Sole 4 58 - Dynamic Gold 115 
Scotty X5 duel 33 in / 40g    

9 HC

this thread is about the copperhead course and how Tiger's going to birdie binge the field; take that #negativenancy crap to your own PM

let's go go go go

and don't tell me to calm down lowheel; i'm 4 shots deep this morning and ready for more! GOOOOOOOOO

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Im just a different cat i guess. I like and root for so many guys on tour and appreciate alot of them for their individual prowess.Rose is very underrated in these parts. His ball striking and distance control is easily top 5 on tour.Hes also been gaining distance every year.guy almost won 2 masters.

As per the beat down that was sharmas first PGA tour event and it was a WGC to boot. he showed on saturday that he was slowing down.Nobody was surprised he wouldnt be a factor on sunday. Conners might surprise you. hes older and is a great ball striker on a course where he doesnt need to be long. Also 26 years old.Led the web.com in GIRs last year by alot. if he can shoot another 68 tomorrow it might be enough. Would be a great story from 3rd alternate to staring down tiger, rose, sneds...

Yea I hear ya. Just can’t like the guys game. Maybe the foley swing and that pre shot drag of the handle and then left rotation body release. Just don’t relate to it. Unless I’m tryihg to slice a pw 40 yards around a tree. Lol.

And then there’s that putting grip. Eew. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Fabulous day! These new kids aren't melting under Tiger's pressure like his competitors of old.

Little early for that kind of statement. Saturday is not Sunday. Look at Sharma in Mexico.

Point taken. I'm just noting that on a day when half the field broke par, Tiger's 67 didn't have everyone running for cover. His score was equalled by 7 other guys and 4 others went lower. Adam Scott, Tiger's doppelgänger, shot a 66. Furthermore, the guys in his immediate sphere didn't seem to be suffering too badly. Tiger's playing partner, Sneaker, equalled his 67. Paul Casey seemed to be the only guy having an off day. So, I while I'm tremendously impressed that Tiger is keeping up with the field, I don't think these guys will fall away because of his very presence. He's going to need to shoot 65 or 66 to win.

But no one said a word when they gave the stats and he wasn't first in the last two tournaments. It was one day. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

By the way, and not directed at you, to anyone who has watched him over the years up close, they have no doubt that he is capable of ridiculous speeds if the back holds up. It's something to see and that's from someone who has also watched Hank Kuene on the range when there was no fairway to hit. Crazy! If people ever had the chance to watch Tiger in his prime on the range his legend status would be even larger and not just because of brute power.

Right, He was fastest 3/4 days at Honda and then again today, but somehow it’s only off when he records the fastest speeds. But I agree it’s splitting hairs, dude is moving it with the best of them which is astounding.

You do realize no one was saying tiger wasn't the fastest on those days. They were simply saying that the data isn't enough to justify the statement that he is the fastest because of it's inherent flaws.

That data could mean tigers swing speed is 124-132 and anywhere in that range.

I think what you can definitively state is that he is up near the top of the fastest guys on tour. But without testing them in a controlled environment you won't be able to make any conclusions one way or another.

he should take that 3w and peel it off the cross bunkers on the first hole and play for position. but knowing him he'll just take the big stick out and swing it 129mph again.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

But no one said a word when they gave the stats and he wasn't first in the last two tournaments. It was one day. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

By the way, and not directed at you, to anyone who has watched him over the years up close, they have no doubt that he is capable of ridiculous speeds if the back holds up. It's something to see and that's from someone who has also watched Hank Kuene on the range when there was no fairway to hit. Crazy! If people ever had the chance to watch Tiger in his prime on the range his legend status would be even larger and not just because of brute power.

Right, He was fastest 3/4 days at Honda and then again today, but somehow it's only off when he records the fastest speeds. But I agree it's splitting hairs, dude is moving it with the best of them which is astounding.

You do realize no one was saying tiger wasn't the fastest on those days. They were simply saying that the data isn't enough to justify the statement that he is the fastest because of it's inherent flaws.

That data could mean tigers swing speed is 124-132 and anywhere in that range.

I think what you can definitively state is that he is up near the top of the fastest guys on tour. But without testing them in a controlled environment you won't be able to make any conclusions one way or another.

He has the fastest recorded swing on the PGA Tour for this season.

But sure, we need a controlled environment to determine this fact.

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Olympic Gold Medalist too!

Best thing that has happened to TW in the last decade was getting the blue lights when he was sitting idle in the freeway and arrested. The judge who sent him to detox for pain meds saved his life & maybe his career based on his comeback since that fateful night.

I personally think TW would be the perfect spokesperson for the epidemic of pain meds in America. He could reach many people & save many lives along the way.

Going to be a fun day to watch golf...Love him or hate him he brings the viewers out to the bandwagon.

Best thing that has happened to TW in the last decade was getting the blue lights when he was sitting idle in the freeway and arrested. The judge who sent him to detox for pain meds saved his life & maybe his career based on his comeback since that fateful night.

I personally think TW would be the perfect spokesperson for the epidemic of pain meds in America. He could reach many people & save many lives along the way.

Going to be a fun day to watch golf...Love him or hate him he brings the viewers out to the bandwagon.

So true I’ve been a counselor at one of those detox centers. The “physical “ withdrawals from painkillers I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. It’s like the flu times 100.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 14.5

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW

Cleveland CG-10 52,56,60

Cleveland Classic 4.5