Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

If he pulls this off, it removes all doubt in my mind who is the greatest of all time.

amen!! I just have a feeling hes going to win by 3-4 tommorow...shame he isnt in final group...would be a beat down.... as is it leaves Rose at the advantage.. The kid will backup like Sharma did last week for sure. So will be Rose or Tiger..... Rose is just hard to pull for ...nice enough sounding guy ..But absolutely zero excitement to watch him play

Hes an elite ballstriker and a very down to earth nice guy. 5th OWGR. 8 pga tour wins and a US Open. perennial ryder cupper and on the cusp of a hall of fame career. Whats not to like? i know youre pulling for tiger but hes a great story as well. Dont agree with the beatdown comment.This is 2018, Ted Potter just ran away with it at pebble. Conners might struggle tomorrow but i have feeling he wont.Hes been on the big stage before.Decorated amateur career and despite the quirkyness in his swing he hits alot of greens. Adam Hadwin did that last year as well and made the odd putt and took it. My vote is on Rose as he found something out there late friday and today and was the steadiest playing the last 3 holes for 2 straight days which i believe is where it will come down to.

beat downs still being handed out on tour..Phil vs Sharma last sunday for example...

Rose is .....well.. Rose.. i dont hate the guy but i just cant pull for him...im not taking anything away from him as a player... Just that id rather watch an episode of family feud than to watch Rose play a perfect 18 and win.... and i love a blowout when we are talking Spieth, tiger, phil, stenson , DJ, etc... something about Rose that just makes me yawn..

Everything about Rose is very methodical and smooth, could be seen as boring to some. No particular aspect of his game stands out above anyone else so I get it, still seems like a super guy though.

Sean Foley would be happier than anyone. Would love to hear Tiger's thoughts about Rose's swing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be rooting for CC today. I like the story, the guy has played excellent without being frazzled. I like his smooth swing, almost is like it's in slow motion. I like how he wasn't even supposed to be there.

A TW win would be a great comeback story as well. So that would be cool also.

No matter who wins from the field it's been an excellent weekend of golf.

But no one said a word when they gave the stats and he wasn't first in the last two tournaments. It was one day. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

By the way, and not directed at you, to anyone who has watched him over the years up close, they have no doubt that he is capable of ridiculous speeds if the back holds up. It's something to see and that's from someone who has also watched Hank Kuene on the range when there was no fairway to hit. Crazy! If people ever had the chance to watch Tiger in his prime on the range his legend status would be even larger and not just because of brute power.

Right, He was fastest 3/4 days at Honda and then again today, but somehow it’s only off when he records the fastest speeds. But I agree it’s splitting hairs, dude is moving it with the best of them which is astounding.

You do realize no one was saying tiger wasn't the fastest on those days. They were simply saying that the data isn't enough to justify the statement that he is the fastest because of it's inherent flaws.

That data could mean tigers swing speed is 124-132 and anywhere in that range.

I think what you can definitively state is that he is up near the top of the fastest guys on tour. But without testing them in a controlled environment you won't be able to make any conclusions one way or another.

Agree with all of that 100%.

I love Tiger as much as anyone and I hope with everything I have that he wins today but these golf channel promos today are crazy. It says Tiger is within one shot of the lead, can anybody catch him? That is a literal contradiction and makes no sense lol.

Corey Conners is Rodney Dangerfield. "I get no respect...no respect!!!" I would love to see Conners pull off the victory and shock everyone. He has 3 big time names right on his tail, but the kid has played great so far and his ballstriking is easily good enough to win this thing.

I love Tiger as much as anyone and I hope with everything I have that he wins today but these golf channel promos today are crazy. It says Tiger is within one shot of the lead, can anybody catch him? That is a literal contradiction and makes no sense lol.

I posted this on the last page but it somewhat explains why they are saying that. Tiger is 62 for 69 when going into a Sunday within one shot of the lead, that’s a pretty impressive conversion rate.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I posted this on the last page but it somewhat explains why they are saying that. Tiger is 62 for 69 when going into a Sunday within one shot of the lead, that’s a pretty impressive conversion rate.

Excluding the wins where he was the leader or co-leader, it would be more like 8 wins in 15 attempts while down by 1 shot. Still extremely impressive conversion rate in this particular scenario. But by no means locked to happen. He has a great chance to win but so do the other guys.

Excluding the wins where he was the leader or co-leader, it would be more like 8 wins in 15 attempts while down by 1 shot. Still extremely impressive conversion rate in this particular scenario. But by no means locked to happen. He has a great chance to win but so do the other guys.

For sure, it guarantees him nothing, but being comfortable in that position will go a long ways. I haven’t been this excited to watch a round a golf in a loooooooooooooooooong time :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Great to see TW back in form and defying the haters who said he'd never be back. He's the favorite to win at this point, but Rose and Snedeker are both vets and they won't make it easy. I still think TW will come out ahead after 18.

One guy that has no chance IMHO is Conners, he's about to learn what it's like to play against TW on a Sunday. He'll be lucky to break 80.

this "all Tiger all the time" cheerleading by the media has become unwatchable.... what's next, Rymer & the rest of the Golf Channel jihad wearing cute cheerleader outfits with "Tiger" on the front?!

yes, it's a good story ....but give me a break

I don't dislike Tiger, but I do not respect or care for the media.... that said I'll be rooting for Rose just to stick it to the lame-stream golf media

I would like to see Connors pull it off, but having never been in this position it may be difficult. Another one who is playing well is Sam Burns. He has taken full advantage of the sponsors exemption he received at the Honda. Props to him.

good call on Sam Burns.... it would be awesome for him to win especially after getting hosed by being left off the Walker Cup team ...

Would be nice if TGC would show some early coverage, see what the course is showing.

Quick scan, I see

Cink about to come in -5

Walker -3 after 5

Scoring looks pretty good on the whole.

Any winning score predictions? Figure -12/-13?

I think Tiger goes low today, 65 or better.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

this thread is about the copperhead course and how Tiger's going to birdie binge the field; take that #negativenancy crap to your own PM

let's go go go go

and don't tell me to calm down lowheel; i'm 4 shots deep this morning and ready for more! GOOOOOOOOO

I trust you will not be in the gallery bellowing "baba booey" or "mashed potatoes". There will be plenty of morons there to do that for you. BTW, Woods by his own account is not much of a drinker so I doubt he would be impressed by your early morning shots.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Today will be a special day for most of us being able to watch Tiger contend for a title. Win or lose it will be amazing. I have never felt this excited since the US Open at Torrey when he made the puttt to get into the playoff. If he wins “ best day ever” if he loses I still have a huge amount of faith that he will be able to contend in any tournament he enters. Go Tiger!!

this thread is about the copperhead course and how Tiger's going to birdie binge the field; take that #negativenancy crap to your own PM

let's go go go go

and don't tell me to calm down lowheel; i'm 4 shots deep this morning and ready for more! GOOOOOOOOO

I trust you will not be in the gallery bellowing "baba booey" or "mashed potatoes". There will be plenty of morons there to do that for you. BTW, Woods by his own account is not much of a drinker so I doubt he would be impressed by your early morning shots.

Hopefully all the rednecks are further south at the Firestone Indycar race.

this "all Tiger all the time" cheerleading by the media has become unwatchable.... what's next, Rymer & the rest of the Golf Channel jihad wearing cute cheerleader outfits with "Tiger" on the front?!

I don't dislike Tiger, but I do not respect or care for the media.... that said I'll be rooting for Rose just to stick it to the lame-stream golf media

Is there any other player with as compelling of a story? They will run with it as long as possible, milk it for all its worth. Re adjust the velcro on your buddies and enjoy some golf via your lame-stream media...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

They just played katy perry roar song going to commercial

Fortunately, I was doing a super kitchen sink scrub down and barely heard it.

Wouldnt be surprised if jbeiber got lowered down from a blimp at the turn fir a Tiger half time show.

Today will be a special day for most of us being able to watch Tiger contend for a title. Win or lose it will be amazing. I have never felt this excited since the US Open at Torrey when he made the puttt to get into the playoff. If he wins " best day ever" if he loses I still have a huge amount of faith that he will be able to contend in any tournament he enters. Go Tiger!!

He has already won getting this far; lest we forget 95% of the forum said he would be lucky to make regular cuts and can never compete with the so called youngster of today lol. In the few events he has played in comeback, he has out played Spieth, Rory, JT and Fowler. This coming from someone who has not played any real golf in 3 years and had little of no real practice for 3 years while the opposition are younger in their prime and playing constantly.