2018 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

thepinkbomber

I've played Pro V1/x, TP5x, Chrome Soft X and now AVX this year. Trackman optimizer told me my only paraeter out of line with my current M3 driver is a little too much spin, so naturally i tried the AVX. For me it had a great flight off the driver. The thing flies straight for me. Noticeably straight. I'm only concerned that because my P790 mid irons already spin less, that the lower spin of this ball will be a problem holding greens. Can't say thats true for sure yet. its a great ball IMO. other than being soft it doesn't remind me at all of the Chrome soft X. Thats a spin machine. Love the short game behavior of that ball. TP5x is a great ball, doesnt stop as well on the greens and fells "heavier" for lack of a better description. Currently i'm gaming the chrome soft X, but still experimenting with the AVX.

Driver-Taylormade M3 10.5-1
3-5 Woods-Taylormade M3
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20degree
Irons 4-9- Taylormade P790
Wedges 46,52,60 Vokey SM-7
Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport 3
HCP 2.9

^^ lol unfortunately that’s what I thought you would say. Confidence and a 5-10% reduction in spin = 12hc to a 4.5 in less than 3 months. You kept saying it’s not just the ball, which by the way, we ALL knew. But the only other reason you’ve given is confidence in equipment.

So to all you guys looking to drop your handicap, switch to a ball that spins +/- 5-10% compared to your current ball and have confidence in your equipment and your handicap will drop over 60%!

This really isn’t a big deal I just find it so insanely ridiculous that I have to. The reason you are playing better is 99% your swing improving. Confidence in equipment does not make a handicap drop over 60%, a 5-10% reduction in spin also does not lead to a 60% drop in handicap. Nor does 1/2 - 1 less club into greens and sorry 200-400 rpm less spin is not gonna help you hit more than MAYBE at best 1 fairway per round. All of these things together still do not equal 12 - 4.5.

My point isn’t that you aren’t shooting better scores or hitting more fairways. My point is that you are doing this because your swing has improved whether you know it/think so or not. The things mentioned in the paragraph above does not equal 12-4.5. But an improved swing can and obviously you found something. A 12 hc and a 4.5 hc are very different players, you don’t get from 12 to 4.5 because of a ball and confidence in your equipment. If you think that your drop in handicap is because you know the avx and how it will react, because it spins a generous 200-500 rpm less off the driver, you have less club into the green(1/2 - 1) and because of better short game feel? and not because your swing has improved then you are very very delusional and I feel bad.

So to reiterate. 99% your swing, 1% new ball.

Does it spin less off the driver? Maybe so I’ll give you a very very small increase in accuracy and 5-10 yards more. Less club into greens? Sure 9i instead of 8i, ok.

Confidence in equipment? Ok great.

Again do these things equal 12-4.5? No

Does improved swing equal 12-4.5? Yup

So congrats on your improved swing but wake up man, such small differences in golf balls will never make that much of a difference to any golfer. Hell, find the 2 most different current golf balls and they won’t account for over 60% change in handicap.

Neither will confidence in equipment!!

If you read closer you will see I’ve stated an entirely new set of golf equipment. When paired with the AVX and the right player the AVX can make a substantial difference. By the way, confidence is a big key. You can have all the equipment in the world, but you still have to put a consistent move on the ball. Yes, 33 rounds makes a big difference as far as swinging the golf club. You still have to make all the variables work and confidence is a strong hold to make all variables come together.

I really want you to know I’m not arguing with you. I just want you to comprehend what I’m typing. It seems to me your missing a lot of what I’ve reiterated. All I’ve said is I believe the AVX improves my scoring. I never said it was the sole purpose. Yet, you keep digging to surface other flaws in my way of thinking when my game is in a very good place. Why is that?

EDIT:

When listing all areas of why my game has improved through many posts on this thread I have always noted that I've had several rounds of golf played. I figured you or anyone else would understand that I am aware lots of golf improves a golf swing, this is common sense. But I've also seen a lot of player that plays lots of golf and still can't post good scores. You still got to glue it together and there are several variables as to the cause(s) of not posting good scores. I notice that I can be fractionally off with my swing when doubting the shot at address. Having a positive attitude has improved my scoring tremendously. For me in fact, having confidence/positive attitude can make all the difference in striking the ball solid or hitting it poorly. This may sound ridiculous to you but it has been a big part of me shooting lower scores. Keep in mind that everyone is different in their approach. Simply because you do it or see it one way that doesn't mean it is always par for everyone else.

^^ Ok you may be a “mental” type player, which is fine. In that case confidence can certainly make a difference and I’m not necessarily arguing that. I’m just saying that the ball plays an extremely small role in any of this, if any to be honest. Like I said before, tiny improvement in driver accuracy? Sure. Couple yards longer giving you 1 less club in? Sure. But there are other low spin balls out there esp when comparing the proV1/x.

This is what I believe happened, and based on what you have said so far, I would have a difficult time believing this isn’t the case whether you think so or not, the mind can be a powerful thing.

At about the same time you tried the AVX, something clicked in your swing, you began playing more and thus your swing and golf game improved. At this point you have a subconscious or even conscious bias toward the AVX. Thinking, on some level, this ball is making a difference; I’m playing so much better this ball is great. Now having such a strong bias for this ball subconscious or not, you probably go back and try your previous ball but because of the subconscious bias you hit and play better with the AVX.

Fast forward and here we are. As I said our mind is powerful and plays tricks on us. It is fantastic that your game has improved and I’m happy for you because we all know it can be hard to do that. Whatever clicked in your swing and the spark of confidence the ball supposedly installed in you worked which is great......

But the ball is not the reason for any of this. It is your mind and your improved swing. This is really my one and only point

^^ Ok you may be a "mental" type player, which is fine. In that case confidence can certainly make a difference and I'm not necessarily arguing that. I'm just saying that the ball plays an extremely small role in any of this, if any to be honest. Like I said before, tiny improvement in driver accuracy? Sure. Couple yards longer giving you 1 less club in? Sure. But there are other low spin balls out there esp when comparing the proV1/x.

This is what I believe happened, and based on what you have said so far, I would have a difficult time believing this isn't the case whether you think so or not, the mind can be a powerful thing.

At about the same time you tried the AVX, something clicked in your swing, you began playing more and thus your swing and golf game improved. At this point you have a subconscious or even conscious bias toward the AVX. Thinking, on some level, this ball is making a difference; I'm playing so much better this ball is great. Now having such a strong bias for this ball subconscious or not, you probably go back and try your previous ball but because of the subconscious bias you hit and play better with the AVX.

Fast forward and here we are. As I said our mind is powerful and plays tricks on us. It is fantastic that your game has improved and I'm happy for you because we all know it can be hard to do that. Whatever clicked in your swing and the spark of confidence the ball supposedly installed in you worked which is great......

But the ball is not the reason for any of this. It is your mind and your improved swing. This is really my one and only point

All naysaying aside, there are at least four people I know of (two of us in this thread plus two guys at my club) who have found AVX to have a somewhat unique set of characteristics among all the balls we've ever tried. And three of us found that "something clicked" in our games when we switched this somewhat unique ball.

The AVX ball is not "the reason" it is a part of the reason. But if that "something" did not "click" in my game for the first 25 years I'm playing and then AVX comes along and I notice I'm ending up with the ball closer to the hole in fewer strokes than before, I'd be a right idiot to just say, "Hey, it ain't the ball. I think I'll go back to playing ProV1x".

Imagine if you'd been practicing your butt off for a solid year trying to break through into shooting in the 70's regularly. You've seen a little progress but not nearly as much as you'd hoped. Then you take a couple lessons with a new instructor and he tweaks your setup to get you standing a little taller and keep from getting the club so far behind you. Over the next couple months you shed half a dozen strokes off your handicap and make that breakthrough.

Those two lessons did not lower your average scores from 85 to 78. It was the accumulation of a year of hard work. But that lesson may well have been the key that led to it all coming together at last. Or maybe if you'd just plugged on for another year you'd have gotten there anyway. Who knows. Who cares? The lessons were a game changer.

I'd love to know in detail what that something is.

I have posted repeatedly with every detail I can think of as it pertains to my own experience. The ball flies lower than a ProV1x (or Chrome Soft or whatever) without giving up any carry distance, then it runs out a great deal more. Probably 10 yards extra roll on just about every drive. Iron shots seem very low spin, handle the wind very well and are a few yards longer (maybe 3-4?) than ProV1x or Chrome Soft. Short game spin is not quite as high but I can still control my normal shots around the green and it also seems not to occasionally grab very quickly like the highest spin balls (ProV1x for example).

Seems to be worth a stroke or two on balance for me, basically by hitting one club shorter into every green without giving up too much in terms of approach shot holding or short game control. It's not a major "something" for me but the ball is unique enough that I fully understand how it could be a major benefit for those fighting excess spin and/or trajectory issues.

One member of my club found that the combination of AVX and one of the new high-tech "players" irons performs hugely better than his previous long term combination of ProV1 and AP2 irons. Much extra distance, greater ease in flighting the ball as he prefers, etc. He is a scratch player who hits it a lot harder and longer than I do so I think there's more room for a "unique" ball to offer him some particular advantages. Of course the new irons obviously suit him, as well, but he has zero interest in trying to figure out how much difference to attribute to irons and how much to the ball. He's good with the combination.

Another older guy (like me) at my club still plays the back tees and every yard of distance helps. Straight hitter but with a lack of distance and an already low ballflight. I'd have thought maybe the AVX would go too low for him but I guess he already is used to playing that trajctory. His experience is he has gained driver distance like myself and also some iron shot distance, again without giving up any short game control (his short game, like mine, is pretty rudimentary). He has seen about a 3-stroke decrease in his handicap in the six months he's played AVX and he attributes it entirely to the ball FWIW.

So that's just three people's experience over a 150 or so combined rounds. Maybe we are all three totally delusional and it's all in our heads. Or maybe the damned ball just happens to be something new and different that works surprisingly well for us. I know I had no expectation whatsoever of the results I've seen with it. I just like Titleist balls, play urethane balls and wanted a yellow option. But I'm not going back now.

I'll bet you there are thousands of people who have tried AVX and found either no difference or they didn't actually like it at all. There were at least a handful of them at my club, including a couple of much better players than myself. When multiple people try something, find it different and conclude they love it, that seems convincing to me. Then when multiple people try it, find it different but dislike the difference, that emphasizes to me that there is "something" different about the ball.

But hey, if the GolfWRX intelligentsia think AVX is just a Chrome Soft with the serial number filed off who am I to burst their bubble...

I have posted repeatedly with every detail I can think of as it pertains to my own experience. The ball flies lower than a ProV1x (or Chrome Soft or whatever) without giving up any carry distance, then it runs out a great deal more. Probably 10 yards extra roll on just about every drive. Iron shots seem very low spin, handle the wind very well and are a few yards longer (maybe 3-4?) than ProV1x or Chrome Soft. Short game spin is not quite as high but I can still control my normal shots around the green and it also seems not to occasionally grab very quickly like the highest spin balls (ProV1x for example).

Seems to be worth a stroke or two on balance for me, basically by hitting one club shorter into every green without giving up too much in terms of approach shot holding or short game control. It's not a major "something" for me but the ball is unique enough that I fully understand how it could be a major benefit for those fighting excess spin and/or trajectory issues.

One member of my club found that the combination of AVX and one of the new high-tech "players" irons performs hugely better than his previous long term combination of ProV1 and AP2 irons. Much extra distance, greater ease in flighting the ball as he prefers, etc. He is a scratch player who hits it a lot harder and longer than I do so I think there's more room for a "unique" ball to offer him some particular advantages. Of course the new irons obviously suit him, as well, but he has zero interest in trying to figure out how much difference to attribute to irons and how much to the ball. He's good with the combination.

Another older guy (like me) at my club still plays the back tees and every yard of distance helps. Straight hitter but with a lack of distance and an already low ballflight. I'd have thought maybe the AVX would go too low for him but I guess he already is used to playing that trajctory. His experience is he has gained driver distance like myself and also some iron shot distance, again without giving up any short game control (his short game, like mine, is pretty rudimentary). He has seen about a 3-stroke decrease in his handicap in the six months he's played AVX and he attributes it entirely to the ball FWIW.

So that's just three people's experience over a 150 or so combined rounds. Maybe we are all three totally delusional and it's all in our heads. Or maybe the damned ball just happens to be something new and different that works surprisingly well for us. I know I had no expectation whatsoever of the results I've seen with it. I just like Titleist balls, play urethane balls and wanted a yellow option. But I'm not going back now.

I'll bet you there are thousands of people who have tried AVX and found either no difference or they didn't actually like it at all. There were at least a handful of them at my club, including a couple of much better players than myself. When multiple people try something, find it different and conclude they love it, that seems convincing to me. Then when multiple people try it, find it different but dislike the difference, that emphasizes to me that there is "something" different about the ball.

But hey, if the GolfWRX intelligentsia think AVX is just a Chrome Soft with the serial number filed off who am I to burst their bubble...

I have to agree with his statement. I needed more greenside spin, but this ball helped me see parts of the course I'd never seen before. Lower flight, longer and more run, a lot more for me (about 15 yards more). This ball is worth the bucks for sure. And this is absolutely nothing like a Chrome Soft. Not even a little bit.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I have to agree with his statement. I needed more greenside spin, but this ball helped me see parts of the course I'd never seen before. Lower flight, longer and more run, a lot more for me (about 15 yards more). This ball is worth the bucks for sure. And this is absolutely nothing like a Chrome Soft. Not even a little bit.

Considering it was produced to directly compete with the Chrome Soft they are very similar. Probably closer to identical but with the CS have a touch more spin. But if it’s actually nothing like it as you suggest I guess the AVX will have a short production life span or it’ll be updated yearly to make more mental improvements.

Considering it was produced to directly compete with the Chrome Soft they are very similar. Probably closer to identical but with the CS have a touch more spin. But if it’s actually nothing like it as you suggest I guess the AVX will have a short production life span or it’ll be updated yearly to make more mental improvements.

Who ever knew Titleist's engineers were such hacks. Somehow they set out to clone the Chrome Soft and came up with a three-piece (instead of four-piece) ball with a cast urethane (instead of TPU) cover, less spin and lower trajectory.

Glad you set us straight with your insider knowledge.

Who ever knew Titleist's engineers were such hacks. Somehow they set out to clone the Chrome Soft and came up with a three-piece (instead of four-piece) ball with a cast urethane (instead of TPU) cover, less spin and lower trajectory.

Glad you set us straight with your insider knowledge.

Don’t want to jump into a hornets nest , but with the AVX coming in yellow , are both versions cast urethane ?

I thought pretty much all yellow urethane balls were non-cast unless they are painted .... could be a bad assumption on my part though.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Don’t want to jump into a hornets nest , but with the AVX coming in yellow , are both versions cast urethane ?

I thought pretty much all yellow urethane balls were non-cast unless they are painted .... could be a bad assumption on my part though.

At one point that was my impression but Dean Snell in one of his forum posts or videos (can't remember which) said that it's easier to make a yellow TPU ball than a cast one but not impossible with cast. Titleist says both colors are made from cast urethane in their Ball Plant 3 (which to my knowledge has no TPU capability).

So yeah, it's cast urethane sure enough. Presumably the yellow is in the paint.

At one point that was my impression but Dean Snell in one of his forum posts or videos (can't remember which) said that it's easier to make a yellow TPU ball than a cast one but not impossible with cast. Titleist says both colors are made from cast urethane in their Ball Plant 3 (which to my knowledge has no TPU capability).

Yes I just looked it up , it’s GRN41 cast which is not the same as ProV or V1X but still a cast. Not sure how that is different but regardless still cast.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Yes I just looked it up , it’s GRN41 cast which is not the same as ProV or V1X but still a cast. Not sure how that is different but regardless still cast.

There was a marketing blurb out several years ago about how they converted their entire plant over to the fancier cast thermoset process, blah blah blah. I doubt they retained any TPU capability.

^^ Ok you may be a mental type player, which is fine. In that case confidence can certainly make a difference and Im not necessarily arguing that. Im just saying that the ball plays an extremely small role in any of this, if any to be honest. Like I said before, tiny improvement in driver accuracy? Sure. Couple yards longer giving you 1 less club in? Sure. But there are other low spin balls out there esp when comparing the proV1/x.

This is what I believe happened, and based on what you have said so far, I would have a difficult time believing this isnt the case whether you think so or not, the mind can be a powerful thing.

At about the same time you tried the AVX, something clicked in your swing, you began playing more and thus your swing and golf game improved. At this point you have a subconscious or even conscious bias toward the AVX. Thinking, on some level, this ball is making a difference; Im playing so much better this ball is great. Now having such a strong bias for this ball subconscious or not, you probably go back and try your previous ball but because of the subconscious bias you hit and play better with the AVX.

Fast forward and here we are. As I said our mind is powerful and plays tricks on us. It is fantastic that your game has improved and Im happy for you because we all know it can be hard to do that. Whatever clicked in your swing and the spark of confidence the ball supposedly installed in you worked which is great......

I agree with some of what you say. I think we might even be on the same wave length to a degree; mind is on the same page as confidence that has gotten me to where I am. However, I do have to disagree that you say the AVX has no part in my change of handicap because it certainly does with the comfort level I have with this ball. The nuances of this ball with my current equipment and current swing through 30+ rounds has aided me to great scoring. Granted the AVX hasn’t accomplished this entirely on it’s own; but it’s certainly aided the journey; whether it be part mind or part performance, it’s happening.

Everyone I play with is impressed and asks what changes I’ve made besides new clubs. They are talking to a guy that has struggled to shoot mid-high 80s on a difficult golf course for 5 years now. I now have 5 consecutive scores in the 70s, 9 total 70s in 20 rounds, and my blow up score through 33 rounds now has been an 86. I tell them lots of rounds, equipment, and a new ball that I have comfort in. Simply put; the AVX reacts exactly how I want it to on well struck shots and even on some poor strikes. I do leave out confidence but a lot of player might not think the same as me or understand “confidence” in relation to their game because you don’t know confidence until you have it.

I don’t doubt that it might shave 1-2-3 strokes by getting you closer to the green etc, that’s plausible as distance is a big part of the game. I will give you that. I’m just saying the rest is because of your improved swing, and the confidence you have in said swing. You have gone from a 12 to a 4.5 which is an enormous jump esp given the time span. Extra distance from the avx May bump you down to a 9.5-10 alone IF you can take advantage of that shorter club in, which will not always happen. Other 6 odd strokes of your hc is attributed to an improved swing and your confidence in said swing.

That is how I see it and think that is the only reasonable explaination for your drop in hc. I think we have come to a middle ground in this lol all in the fun of debate(for me anyhow).

But in all seriousness, congrats on your improvement. That’s a huge drop and we all know it’s not easy so keep that confidence going as well as grooving that swing.

I dont doubt that it might shave 1-2-3 strokes by getting you closer to the green etc, thats plausible as distance is a big part of the game. I will give you that. Im just saying the rest is because of your improved swing, and the confidence you have in said swing. You have gone from a 12 to a 4.5 which is an enormous jump esp given the time span. Extra distance from the avx May bump you down to a 9.5-10 alone IF you can take advantage of that shorter club in, which will not always happen. Other 6 odd strokes of your hc is attributed to an improved swing and your confidence in said swing.

That is how I see it and think that is the only reasonable explaination for your drop in hc. I think we have come to a middle ground in this lol all in the fun of debate(for me anyhow).

But in all seriousness, congrats on your improvement. Thats a huge drop and we all know its not easy so keep that confidence going as well as grooving that swing.

Yes, I fully agree that outside of the 1-4 possible strokes the AVX saves me the remaining bulk of the drop in handicap is due mainly to swinging better suited equipment and A LOT more often. Appreciate the kind words. If you saw my golf swing you would laugh though. It’s quite awful to look at to be honest but staying to it with tweaks has gotten me here.

Side note: this thread is proof that WRXers can reach an agreed understanding!

I still love this ball. played on multiple different types of conditions and has performed consistently. I have gotten very good at adding more spin if needed and I love how it feel of the putter. Also love how I'm a solid 10 yards past my best bud/routine playing partner now. Interestingly, he refuses to try it because no tour players use it. Stay snobby and I will continue to take ur money lol.

I still love this ball. played on multiple different types of conditions and has performed consistently. I have gotten very good at adding more spin if needed and I love how it feel of the putter. Also love how I'm a solid 10 yards past my best bud/routine playing partner now. Interestingly, he refuses to try it because no tour players use it. Stay snobby and I will continue to take ur money lol.

Exactly

Driver-Taylormade M3 10.5-1
3-5 Woods-Taylormade M3
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20degree
Irons 4-9- Taylormade P790
Wedges 46,52,60 Vokey SM-7
Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport 3
HCP 2.9

With a special thanks to grm24, I present to you a deep look into the similarities between the AVX and the Prestige from 2 years ago. As you can see , the number and design or the dimples are completely identical. The cover from the Prestige is completely a carbon copy of the cover on the new AVX.

Inside,the thickness of the layers is pretty much identical as well.

The only difference could be the Presitge seems to cut a little easier or smoother on the core. It’s plausible the AVX is slightly higher in compression but honestly hard to tell from sound or feel of hitting either.

If I were an AVX fan, I would 100% be trying the Prestige considering the price point. As a side offering , I also cut open a K3 for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I tried the 2013 Prestige models that Morton’s sells for $20/dozen. Looks similar, plays different. Gave them five rounds and got rid of the leftovers. Very disappointing ball, lacked both driver distance and approach shot holding power when compared to AVX.

I thought the dimple pattern looked subtly different than AVX up close so I actually got out a Sharpie and dotted each dimple to count them. It was something like 352 for AVX and 332 for Prestige or vice-versa, can’t recall exact counts but I think I posted about it upthread six months ago.

I suspect the 2015 and later Prestige is the same ball as AVX but never seen one. They go for inflated JDM prices on eBay.

I believe the ball i sampled was 2015 and the dimple count and pattern was same as AVX. The nice Wrxer who sent me the sample I believe also bought from Morton’s.

If their website is correct , RBG has the 2015 version , but that is not confirmed.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/balls/new-golf-balls/titleist-prestige-golf-balls/

If it’s the 2015 as the dimple pattern suggest it might be a good deal.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I believe the ball i sampled was 2015 and the dimple count and pattern was same as AVX. The nice Wrxer who sent me the sample I believe also bought from Morton’s.

Glad to provide you the balls and thanks for cutting them open and sharing the pictures. For the record I did purchase the balls I sent you from Mortons. I also bought a dozen from GolfBalls.com in white. The side stamps were the same. These are the 2015 Prestige. Golfballs.com did sell them in Yellow as well however the side stamp is different. The yellow below is the 2013 Prestige. I have a box of the 2013 Prestige in White. Same side stamp as the 2013 yellow. The 2015 Prestige was also available in Yellow. The 2017 version is not.

Both the 2015 and the 2017 Prestige balls are currently listed on the USGA Conforming ball list. For a reference here is a picture of the side stamps from 2017, 2015 and 2013. The 2017 Prestige is available from TSG at $84/dozen plus shipping. Likely on Rakuten as well. There is no Titleist AVX branded ball in Japan. Make of it what you will.

Anybody bought from rbg? I might snag a dozen or 10 if it's indeed same as avx (ver15?) Is 2017 same as 15 too?

Morton Golf sells the 2015 Prestige for $19.99/dozen with free shipping after $50.00 - The 2017 version of the Prestige has not shown up anywhere yet except in Japan.

https://www.mortongolfsales.com/Titleist-Prestige-Golf-Balls-p/acush_prestige.htm

Features:

• Multi-Layer core
  • New Soft High Power ZG inner core
  • High Flex casing layer
  • 352 Dimple Design and Staggered Wave Parting line
  • Side Stamp for Aim Line
  • High Performance Cast Urethane Outer layer

Sounds like there are ways to source a Prestige more similar to AVX (maybe even identical) than those 2013's I got stuck with earlier this year, although not in yellow. It's once burned, twice shy for me though. Plus I have a little over 5 dozen yellow AVX on hand at the moment and even as bad as I've been hitting it lately that will last me well into the fall.