Kelly Tilghman Leaving Golf Channel

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree. There's not a chance they fired her. Over 22 years some of the analysts had developed to the point where she took a back seat. They should have found her something. The problem with Kelly is this. Her niche was host, and now there's a lot of great hosts. If she had developed into instruction or a great field reporter she'd be there. Roger Maltby understands he's not a great host, but an ace field reporter. I always waited for Kelly to fight with Chamblee, never happened. When she tried to corner a golfer it failed, it was far too late in her career. She didn't speak her mind initially until 15 years in. The writing was on the wall. There are too many other great hosts. Gannon comes to mind.

Maybe they offered her a new slot and she said I already have one? My feeling is that she will end up in sports somewhere, after taking a respite to collect her thoughts and make some decisions.

I wonder if her Life Partner is hot. She'll find a slot somewhere. Seems nice, fairly boring and monotone for my taste. Not offensive though,

She will land on her feet somewhere.

You asked. I'd say yes.

Kelly%20Tilghman%20Girlfriend.jpg

And I would agree......

Goodbye Kelly Tilghman

Though I never knew you at all

You had the grace to hold yourself

While those around you crawled

They crawled out of the woodwork

And they whispered into your brain

They set you on the treadmill

And they made you change your name

And it seems to me you lived your life

Like a candle in the wind

Never knowing who to cling to

When the rain set in

And I would have liked to have known you

But I was just a kid

Your candle burned out long before

Your legend ever did

Bette Midler nailed it for me:

It must have been cold there in the studio,

To never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let the others shine, that's your way.

You always walked a step behind.

So Lerner was the one with all the glory,

While you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face without a name for so long.

A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

And everything I would like to be?

Hammons couldn’t fly higher than an eagle,

For you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

But we’ve got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.

The golf channel would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be.

Hammons couldn’t fly higher than an eagle,

Fly………..Fly………….You flew away.

Completely agree. There's not a chance they fired her. Over 22 years some of the analysts had developed to the point where she took a back seat. They should have found her something. The problem with Kelly is this. Her niche was host, and now there's a lot of great hosts. If she had developed into instruction or a great field reporter she'd be there. Roger Maltby understands he's not a great host, but an ace field reporter. I always waited for Kelly to fight with Chamblee, never happened. When she tried to corner a golfer it failed, it was far too late in her career. She didn't speak her mind initially until 15 years in. The writing was on the wall. There are too many other great hosts. Gannon comes to mind.

Maybe they offered her a new slot and she said I already have one? My feeling is that she will end up in sports somewhere, after taking a respite to collect her thoughts and make some decisions.

I wonder if her Life Partner is hot. She'll find a slot somewhere. Seems nice, fairly boring and monotone for my taste. Not offensive though,

She will land on her feet somewhere.

You asked. I'd say yes.

Kelly%20Tilghman%20Girlfriend.jpg

And I would agree......

Didn’t this woman used to do fitness or yoga sessions on GC? Had no idea they were “an item.”

Cara got married in October of last year. Man what a smashing looking bride she did make.

He's a right fortunate fella now isn't he boys? I think so.

credit: Cara's personal Twitter account

DMUfO8_XkAA7Bza.jpg

Callaway Maverick Max 9*  Mitsubishi C-6 blue
TM SIM Max 15* fw  Ventus blue
Ping i20 5 fw  Project X
TM M4 hyb  Atmos
TM M5   5-pw  Tesei 
Ping Glide 2.0 - 50, 56, 60 all SS grind AWT 2.0
Toulon Las Vegas H7 Stroke Lab  

Someone please check this for sure as I don't want to be posting untruths. (pertaining to the assumed partner).

I was just told by a source this was her partner. Above it is mentioned that maybe yoga golf lady is not Ms. Kelly's gal.

Anyway I'm just here to clear the air, and say I am uncertain if they are a couple.

I posted it and wanted to take responsibility if incorrect.

Ping i20 5 fw  Project X
TM M4 hyb  Atmos
TM M5   5-pw  Tesei 

Ok heck one more. lol as this thread keeps rolling along.

Quite on the set..........in 5 4 3 2 ...........On Air

A well spoken Stunner she is.

C61Q2_pVsAEY6Kg.jpg

Ping i20 5 fw  Project X
TM M4 hyb  Atmos
TM M5   5-pw  Tesei 

When you really stop and think about it, Kelly leaving the GC is as equally tragic as a maritime loss.

From the legendary singer/songwriter: Gordon Lightfoot

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down

Of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'

The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead

When the skies of November turn gloomy

With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more

Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty

That good ship and crew was a bone to be chewed

When the gales of November came early.............

The ship was the pride of the American side

Coming back from some mill in Wisconsin

As the big freighters go, it was bigger than most

With a crew and good captain well seasoned

Concluding some terms with a couple of steel firms

When they left fully loaded for Cleveland

And later that night when the ship's bell rang

Could it be the north wind they'd been feelin'?

The great lake of life took our Kelly.

Someone please check this for sure as I don't want to be posting untruths. (pertaining to the assumed partner).

I was just told by a source this was her partner. Above it is mentioned that maybe yoga golf lady is not Ms. Kelly's gal.

Anyway I'm just here to clear the air, and say I am uncertain if they are a couple.

I posted it and wanted to take responsibility if incorrect.

Gentlemen I stand corrected. I apologize for posting that Katherine Roberts ( of Yoga for golf fame ) was Kelly's partner.

I posted the photo.

This is not true and I was misled. Oh I feel bad that this got discussed in this thread. I did not validate my source's info.

I am sorry, boys.

I will delete my original post (including the photo) and hope you all accept my apology.

touch

Ping i20 5 fw  Project X
TM M4 hyb  Atmos
TM M5   5-pw  Tesei 

Yes 15Over that is the yoga lady and she is married...to a man I believe.

Thanks Par5, guess that explains why I had no idea they were an 'item.' LOL.

And thanks to Touch for the mea culpa and setting the record straight.

thanks

Ping i20 5 fw  Project X
TM M4 hyb  Atmos
TM M5   5-pw  Tesei 

Cleaned up the off topic stuff from the last several pages. Please stay on topic and keep it clean. Carry on.

Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
Taylormade SIM, 15* & 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S

Taylormade Sim2 Max 4H, Ventus Blue S
Taylormade P790 5-iron, Nippon Pro Modus 105S +1"

Honma 747V 6-9, Nippon Pro Modus 105S +1"
Callaway Jaws MD5 46* & 52* DG 115 +1"
Callaway MD4 56* & 60* DG 115 +1"
Odyssey White Hot Pro #5, 35"

Brian Hammons lives in my town. I've seen him around town a couple times. His twitter account used to mention his production company and now it doesn't so not sure if he still has it. Occasionally see him locally on Fox Sports Midwest doing some Indiana events. I have heard him fill in for Dan Dakich on his local radio show as well.

I don't think GC renewed him after his contract was up and his seniority was around the same as Kelly's so I wouldn't be surprised if she got the same treatment.

She's a Myrtle Beach local, (from a very prominent family) so I always wanted to like her work. She sure knew how to suck up to Arnie... Her job was secure as long as he was around. LOL. Only thing more bland then her studio work though, was listening to her or Rich Lerner fawn over every player from the booth. She had a good run, nobody will remember her much after she's gone though.

”She sure knew how to suck up to Arnie”???

So says the 13~ cap with the fictitious user name, no avatar from behind the safety and anonymity of a keyboard, lol

“Nobody will remember her much”

Ironic though the same can be said for you two months and 74 posts in, lol

The only thing more bland than your initial post was your subsequent attempt to get sarcastic and cute with a respected established 3000+ post member of the board~

Welcome to the board champ ;)

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

"but I don't think they realize that a lot of people can easily do that job."

It's not easy at all and few people have the ability to do it. A lot of people think it's easy though, but most of thise people can't say more than 8 words out loud without an umm or uhhh mixed it.

A lot of people Howard Cosell especially, held that same opinion back in the day. In the years since, a myriad of athletes and celebrities have proven that to be false. Tony Romo being the latest example of someone with no training whatsoever stepping in front of a camera and performing flawlessly from Day One. All you need is the ability to convey an opinion, or read from a prompter. A pleasing physical appearance seems to be necessary in Television, although the "average" looking person can find plenty of work with "a face made for radio" on radio. LOL

I don’t know that they’ve proven anything to be “false,” as for every Tony Romo, there is a Warren Sapp, Jerry Rice, Tony Siragusa and the list goes on.

While I do agree that having a strong opinion that runs against the grain definitely helps, I don’t believe hat that is THE ticket anymore than the ability to hit the long ball is THE ticket to the Tour.

Absolutely, both help and are huge assets, though there are many factors involved, with timing always being in the mix.

Stay well?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

She's a Myrtle Beach local, (from a very prominent family) so I always wanted to like her work. She sure knew how to suck up to Arnie... Her job was secure as long as he was around. LOL. Only thing more bland then her studio work though, was listening to her or Rich Lerner fawn over every player from the booth. She had a good run, nobody will remember her much after she's gone though.

"She sure knew how to suck up to Arnie"???

So says the 13~ cap with the fictitious user name, no avatar from behind the safety and anonymity of a keyboard, lol

"Nobody will remember her much"

The only thing more bland than your initial post was your subsequent attempt to get sarcastic and cute with a respected established 3000+ post member of the board~

RP

You need to get over yourself a little bit, my man. Apparently I don't meet your required level of "street cred" necessary to have an opinion here. Thankfully though, yours is not an opinion that matters at all to me. You and some others might fancy yourselves quite the "bards" here, but you sadly come off instead as pompous wanna be guardians of the gate. BTW, if you read the entire thread, I think you'll find my comments pretty well received, which you must find quite annoying from atop your high horse. Thanks, though for the advice and the warm welcome, champ.

Ping G425 10.5* 

Titleist TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Titleist TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 R

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F & 58M

YES! Tracy

Titleist Hybrid 5 or Sun Mountain 2.5+

RP

You need to get over yourself a little bit, my man. Apparently I don't meet your required level of "street cred" necessary to have an opinion here. Thankfully though, yours is not an opinion that matters at all to me. You and some others might fancy yourselves quite the "bards" here, but you sadly come off instead as pompous wanna be guardians of the gate. BTW, if you read the entire thread, I think you'll find my comments pretty well received, which you must find quite annoying from atop your high horse. Thanks, though for the advice and the warm welcome, champ.

You don't know what you're talking about. The guy you're attacking has forgotten more about this game then you will ever know.

If he says you might be wrong then I suggest you give it a hard think before you attack.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

RP

Oh, my....