2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

LPGA WITB

Where do you find the WITB listing for the LPGA? I dug through the LPGA website but couldn't find it. Also didn't find an updated list on WRX WITB link.

Id like to see what the ladies are swinging.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik

4 Wood: PXG Gen 5

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 

Irons: Cleveland ZipCore XL (5-AW)
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 4 ZipCore  (54, 58)
Putter: Toulon Memphis

Probably not easy to cover LPGA with the Wrx main photographer as long as there is a PGA tournament. Also see very little champions tour bags. Most of the new stuff is going to show up on PGA before seniors and ladies tour.. The LPGA seems to be a number of Honma/Beres players, handful of Ping, handful of Titleist, and a ton of PXG. Mostly seems like a lot of sponsorship is a lot of non golf stuff (insurance/finance/shave cream etc). People like Julie Inkster have absolutely no sponsors.

The majors are usually covered with a good amount of photos.

When I went to an event last year, I can say this much:

A LOTTTT of girls playing PXG. Many are sponsored by PXG at a much higher rate than PGA tour. Also, most of their bags seem to resemble a "regular golfer" men's bag... that is, mostly playing S flex shafts, a lot of them play up to 4h or 7w (some even 5h/9w) but are good enough usually to opt for blades or small CB's. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but that's a lot of what I saw.

I will say this - the women are miles more accurate on almost all kinds of shots than the men. When I followed Lexi around, I think she only missed 1 or 2 fairways and her partner didn't miss any. Their approaches were pretty much always on or right around the green, with the except of a few slight miss hits that would cut or draw a bit too much. They aren't very long (Lexi's partner probably averaged 230-240 driving) but it was a very consistent and accurate flight.

A lot of Nippon 950s in their irons. I enjoy the LPGA WITBs as they are playing equipment that is closer to what amateurs should be playing.

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

golfstyle magazine out of japan does an issue with lpga bags once a year.

JBeam J3 Tour 10.5* - Syncagraphite Loop Prototype IP X
Miura Giken TC-101 Miura Craftsman World #3

Artisan MB #4-PW
(Nippon Modus 125 X Flex in 3-PW)
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

(Nippon Modus 125 X in 50*)
(Nippon Modus Wedge 125 in 55* & 60*)
Artisan 0117 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)
Tour G 50 Rubber Round Grips On Driver;Irons;Wedges

Thanks for this! I will see if I can find it on the internet!!!

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

Thanks for this! I will see if I can find it on the internet!!!

no worries, here is a quick break down if i remember correctly;

https://www.golfstyle.co.jp/products/list.php?category_id=22

golf style puts out 6 magazines a year, (every 2months)

they are fully in japanese, but they list full specs; loft, shaft, flex, length, swing weight, etc.

one issue features the pga pros with pics taken from the tournament of champions at kapalua as well as the sony open on waialae

they have an issue for the champions tour pga (spga)

they have an LPGA issue

as well they have a japan tour/japan amatuer edition

i think they may also do a US amateur edition

*these pics are in the regular edition of the magazine they are just a special feature/focus session.

you should be able to get the magazine through at kinokuniya (they have various locations throughout the U.S.)

here are some link from the golf style webshop (japan only) so you can see the volumes, etc.

volume 97 latest issue with pga tour bags

https://golfstyle.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=473

volume 95 from november/2017 with champions tour bags

https://golfstyle.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=471

volume92 another pga tour edition from later in the year

https://golfstyle.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=460

here is some ladies content, either LPGA, Japan ladies tour, Japan ladies amateur/mid amateur;

https://golfstyle.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=470

https://golfstyle.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=461

https://golfstyle.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=431

JBeam J3 Tour 10.5* - Syncagraphite Loop Prototype IP X
Miura Giken TC-101 Miura Craftsman World #3

Artisan MB #4-PW
(Nippon Modus 125 X Flex in 3-PW)
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

(Nippon Modus 125 X in 50*)
(Nippon Modus Wedge 125 in 55* & 60*)
Artisan 0117 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)
Tour G 50 Rubber Round Grips On Driver;Irons;Wedges

I remember once last season there were some WITB photos posted from an LPGA event one week. I found them fascinating and started a thread thanking them for posting the photos, and asked who else really enjoyed the photos and wished there were more LPGA/ Champions photos/ coverage. On top of other logistical reasons that have already been stated (especially the difficulty of getting one photographer to cover multiple events), the sentiment of the posters was not as overwhelmingly in support of seeing more as I'd thought it would be. While I really enjoyed seeing a lot of equipment that you would never see in the PGA bags, there were a good number of posters who responded that they were pretty indifferent about what anything other than PGA guys were playing.

This thread will not serve as a good barometer of the feelings of the GolfWRX membership as a whole, since it's parked in the LPGA thread and most who come across it will already have a higher propensity to care about what's in the LPGA bags. If it's just a small faction of members here that are interested in seeing bags from the other tours, GolfWRX is doing just fine sharing LPGA/ Senior bags just a couple times a year. Unfortunately for me and others who share my interest.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I remember once last season there were some WITB photos posted from an LPGA event one week. I found them fascinating and started a thread thanking them for posting the photos, and asked who else really enjoyed the photos and wished there were more LPGA/ Champions photos/ coverage. On top of other logistical reasons that have already been stated (especially the difficulty of getting one photographer to cover multiple events), the sentiment of the posters was not as overwhelmingly in support of seeing more as I'd thought it would be. While I really enjoyed seeing a lot of equipment that you would never see in the PGA bags, there were a good number of posters who responded that they were pretty indifferent about what anything other than PGA guys were playing.

This thread will not serve as a good barometer of the feelings of the GolfWRX membership as a whole, since it's parked in the LPGA thread and most who come across it will already have a higher propensity to care about what's in the LPGA bags. If it's just a small faction of members here that are interested in seeing bags from the other tours, GolfWRX is doing just fine sharing LPGA/ Senior bags just a couple times a year. Unfortunately for me and others who share my interest.

There was tons of support

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1514236-has-anyone-else-really-enjoyed-seeing-the-lpga-witb-from-the-us-open-this-week/

There was tons of support

http://www.golfwrx.c...open-this-week/

You're correct, I misremembered how that thread went. Must have been the tinge of negativity over how much coverage PXG got in the photos. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I’m interested as well

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Was that the US Open? Thats the last big LPGA WITB I remember, and I only remember that because every other player was rocking PXG clubs. Which then makes me wonder if the how many players on the LPGA get paid to play a full set of clubs if so many of them can just switch to PXG because PXG fit and gave them all a set.

Glad to see I am not the only one interested in what the ladies play. We will never have the ability to play and score like Rory or DJ. IMO, We...(and I mean We, the average player), have more in common with what the LPGA players might hit. Hell, 54 year old Laura Davies just finished 2nd playing LYNX irons, woods and wedges. The LPGA WITB could bring a whole new bag perspective to the average guy.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik

4 Wood: PXG Gen 5

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 

Irons: Cleveland ZipCore XL (5-AW)
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 4 ZipCore  (54, 58)
Putter: Toulon Memphis

• 3 weeks later...

In the age of social media you'd think every single girl would have it accessible on twitter. Anything you can to get your name out there and increase your appeal to sponsors.

I've worked as a golf writer for an online magazine in the recent past, and have currently been working on several interviews with Symetra Tour professionals, newly minted LPGA members, aspiring LPGA professionals and competitive/rated collegiate players, and one thing that jumped out at me regarding WITB, is that the women simply do not have the sponsorship dollars available to them like their PGA counterparts.

Most LPGA women, outside of the South Koreans, tend to only have an equipment supplier and not a sponsorship or ambassador agreement. They will get their golf balls, apparel & shoes, gloves supplied and in many cases their clubs and bags. BUT, it is not the norm that they get paid to play them. The higher visibility players such as Brooke Henderson (Ping), Lexi (Cobra & Puma) are the exceptions.

So there is a logic in not providing too much free publicity via social media for an equipment supplier vs. an equipment sponsor ... ie: why give away something for free (exposure, implicit endorsements, etc.) when you can get paid for it. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with this logic, but it does exist.

There is a reason why Michelle Wie is so prolific in her social media - often shown wearing Swoosh apparel or in the case of her latest exploits with MGM Las Vegas, her spring break at their resort along with fellow sponsored players like Danielle Kang and Alison Lee. Perhaps with the PXG strategy, more women will get sponsored to play the equipment and put a bit more competitive pressure on the big brands.

• Like 1

Danielle Kang WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...kang-witb-2018/

No mention of the specific model of Nippon N.S. Pro iron shafts. A lot of players appear to play the 950GH's.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm older, I'm more interested in what the LPGA and champions tour players are playing as this would be more relevant to my game today. I could care less what Rory or DJ are swinging.

Primary bag:
Titleist 913 D3 8.5
Titleist 915Fd 13.5
Titleist 913h 17
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
Ping G400 9
Ping G30 fw 13
Ping G30 hybrid 19
Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

My wife and I have just bought our tickets for the Ricoh Women's British Open in August.

She's really looking forward to it and seeing what the ladies are playing, I'm just looking forward to seeing the Ladies. :air_kiss:

But it's the Weetabix British Open--they'll all be bundled up in three layers of outerwear.

My wife and I have just bought our tickets for the Ricoh Women's British Open in August.

She's really looking forward to it and seeing what the ladies are playing, I'm just looking forward to seeing the Ladies. :air_kiss:

But it's the Weetabix British Open--they'll all be bundled up in three layers of outerwear.

Then it's a win win for my wife :swoon: