• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm very happy with a few of the Holderness& Bourne shirts I bought last year   great fitting shirts .

Vineyard Vines Performance Polo's are by far my favorite

Peter Millar "Summer Comfort" line.

Alial Fital !!!

Are they still making golf shirts? I haven't seen their stuff anywhere for a few years now. I used to see it on places like Trendygolf and in some on-course shops, but haven't seen any in a long time.

Mavrik 10.5 GD AD-IZ 6S
Epic Flash SZ 15 GD AD-IZ 7S
Rogue 19 3 hybrid stock Synergy S
Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
718 AP3 5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

Greyson or gfore for me.

Peter Millar fit like a tent.

How does the GFore fit? I’m familiar with Greyson and Peter Millar.

Gfore is smaller than Greyson. I wear a small in Greyson and medium in gfore.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

You should go somewhere and try on different brands before you buy. What fits one person perfectly may not fit you the way you would like.

The M-Flex polo from Bonobos is basically all I'll wear. It's just the right combo of stretchy and breathable, and the collar doesn't turn up on its own.

Case in point about going to try for yourself. I love Bonobos pants, but not their polos. Have an M-flex polo, but find the shirt too blousy in places, and prefer to not have 100% poly.

I like Travis Mathew and Matte Grey. I stay away from the mass market brands like Nike, Adidas, etc.

• 1 year later...

You and me both brother. The two problems I always encounter are 1) if it's 100% cotton I'm out. I'm not babying my clothes and I've been burned too many times with shrinkage, and 2) they're all too long. I'm not tucking in a golf shirt so no tails and nothing that hangs down past my jewels. I can find t-shirts all day long that are perfect but add a collar and now for some reason I've got nothing. It's been such a struggle that I swore once I found a polo that fit right I'd buy out the lot.

I recommend an Eddie Bauer polo shirt from the 90's.

-No matter how much weight you put on the medium shirt will still fit you.

-They are made of about 5 lbs of cotton so you can also use it in the winter and stay warm.

-You don't have to worry about it going out of style because it was never in style.

-You can use it for golf, as a work cloth in your garage while repairing your car, or for delivering pizzas.

-It can store up to 64 ounces of rain water in case you get thirsty.

-It goes great with lulumon golf pants or short cut off jean shorts or no pants at all.

I’m a big fan of Oakley for their athletic fit and simple no-nonsense style. I don’t do patterns so the Divisional polo is right up my alley. Just good solid colors. Right now globalgolf.com is having a buy one get one 50% off sale on them. Free shipping too. I just bought six.

I got a couple of Izod Swingflex recently, very nice fabric that dries quickly, great fit plus they are so stretchy that remain tucked all the time. I also got a Uniqlo Dry-Ex that was on sale for AUD 19.90 (USD 13] and was such a pleasant surprise.

I have used a lot of brands, I like UA, Oakley and FJ.

I agree - the PM Summer Comfort are my favorite golf shirt, but you might need to size down as they are pretty loose fitting. I wear size L in UA/Nike, but Medium in Peter Millar and Vineyard Vines.

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

Different brands have different fits so you really have to have a sort of fit in mind. If you like UA polos then you probably want a looser, similar fit. That would include brands like Travis Mathew, Peter Millar, Bonobos has a standard fit, RLX, Vinyard Vines or some Nikes. If you want a more modern fit then look at Greyson, J. Lindberg, G/Fore, Galvin Green, Bunker Mentality, Ted Baker or Boss.

All brands fit different, especially when you look at specific lines within the brand.

Someone said Peter Millar fits like a tent. Maybe their summer comfort line. The crown crafted line is a tight european fit, like a J Lindberg or GFore.

I also think most Travis Mathew shirts are tighter fitting.

You just need to go to a PGA SS that carries most of these brands and try them on for yourself. Or find a nice department store that will have the Peter Millar or RLX shirts.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Newport 2.5 Special Select
Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis