Bandon Lodging Thread

Edaw68

5 hours ago, payerasjl said:

Yup, that’s what I’m looking for. Probably drive to the resort from PDX, play some preserve and head to town for that first night before we officially start the time at Bandon. 

I'll second the Bandon Inn as a good single night crash pad.  You can also try the Inn at Old Town.  It's a little cheaper, less frilly, but clean and helpful staff.  I've done both and both work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to book 1 night in Bandon around my nights at the resort in May.  The resort only had 2 nights available for my dates so I'm going to check out and stay in Bandon and try to get a final round in the next day before heading to Eugene.

Both Bandon Inn and Inn at Old Town are unavailable..... anyone ever stay at La Kris Inn and can provide perspectives?

Just looking for a clean place to crash for one night after a 36 hole day. 

While on the phone with reservations today I asked about the new round lake rooms. They open in September, sounds like similar options to the Inn, either a single king or two queens. Reservations was unsure about amenities but thought that it would probably be very similar to the way the rest of the resort rooms were set up. Sounds like about $50 more per night than the Inn single rooms, so not sure why the upcharge.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:38 PM, kanard1 said:

Can anyone tell me if the Chrome lake double have a fridge in them? Do most people bring coolers for beers and cocktails in there rooms?

Do the chrome lake doubles offer adjoining rooms?

Thank you

They will bring you coolers. Many times we never even ask and they bring them

Funny Lodging question. I went to book our 2022 times today (Jan 1). The tee sheet was pretty open and we got the times we wanted, but lodging was super booked up and we had to compromise on room choices. Can you actually book rooms earlier than Jan 1 of the prior year? 

Next time I call the reservation desk I will check into that, but thought someone might know.

Not since they went to the Jan 1 date for accepting reservations for the following year.

I spent all morning on hold/dropped calls before I got through and was able to get a room reservation for March 2022.  By the time I got in (~1 PM), the entire lodge had been booked for the whole month of March.  Some large groups accounting for a great deal of that, seemingly.

I don't like large groups making it hard for singles/small groups to get rooms...

I don't know if large groups can reserve rooms farther than 1 year out.

Edited by spud3

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

1 hour ago, spud3 said:

Not since they went to the Jan 1 date for accepting reservations for the following year.

I spent all morning on hold/dropped calls before I got through and was able to get a room reservation for March 2022.  By the time I got in (~1 PM), the entire lodge had been booked for the whole month of March.  Some large groups accounting for a great deal of that, seemingly.

I don't like large groups making it hard for singles/small groups to get rooms...

I don't know if large groups can reserve rooms farther than 1 year out.

I was chasing a similar time. I got in first thing this morning and there was no single rooms left for our full stay (we have to switch for the last two nights) the Lodge was all booked, and the Inn was heavily booked. Mind you we were after 7 nights and 16 guys, so we did some heavy damage to room availability. 

Good for them they they can sell out accommodation 15 months in advance. 

Edited by 2bGood

On 12/30/2020 at 11:23 AM, jrg75 said:

Both Bandon Inn and Inn at Old Town are unavailable..... anyone ever stay at La Kris Inn and can provide perspectives?

Hey jrg75, I stayed at the La Kris Inn for one night about 5 years ago.  It was fine, a roadside motel that was clean and got the job done for a one-night stay and early exit.  It wouldn't be my first choice but I would stay there again for a one-nighter if need be.  There is also a mobile coffee stand directly across the street (The Human Bean, as I recall), which was open early in the AM, which was nice.

If you want something a bit nicer and the Bandon Inn and Old Town are unavailable, I've also stayed at the Best Western Face Rock, which was nothing spectacular but good for a BW and better than the La Kris.  A bit further from the resort and a little more $.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Funny Lodging question. I went to book our 2022 times today (Jan 1). The tee sheet was pretty open and we got the times we wanted, but lodging was super booked up and we had to compromise on room choices. Can you actually book rooms earlier than Jan 1 of the prior year? 

Next time I call the reservation desk I will check into that, but thought someone might know.

I’m curious as well. Having the entire lodge booked in 6 hours 15 months away seems like either a group booking earlier or one lucky trip organizer with a high limit card willing to float some deposits. When I did my reservation I got 3 of the 4 nights I wanted at the Inn, and waitlisted for another night, with a Round lake room to switch to the last night of the trip. The reservations agent told me she was pretty sure a room would open up for the last night at some point in the next year. She also said the US Am has caused a massive increase in reservations.

Remember a few short years ago when Bandon was too tough to get to? 

This is turning into a replay of what happened to Februarys.  We got a few years of really nice stretches during February and word got out and now you can't get a room in February unless you are right on that 6 AM Jan 1 phone call.  March is getting the same way.

I blame the conspiracy theorists...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spud3 said:

This is turning into a replay of what happened to Februarys.  We got a few years of really nice stretches during February and word got out and now you can't get a room in February unless you are right on that 6 AM Jan 1 phone call.  March is getting the same way.

I blame the conspiracy theorists...

It's not paranoia if they're really after you...

• Like 1

Headed to Bandon next week and staying in the chrome lake double room. How is it with room service/ take out for those that were there recently? Driving down from Portland and I’m bringing some food/ drinks down and I know the rooms have a mini fridge but I can’t remember if there is an ice machine near the rooms. Anyone know? 

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

2 hours ago, edryer3 said:

Headed to Bandon next week and staying in the chrome lake double room. How is it with room service/ take out for those that were there recently? Driving down from Portland and I’m bringing some food/ drinks down and I know the rooms have a mini fridge but I can’t remember if there is an ice machine near the rooms. Anyone know? 

Last time I stayed at a chrome lake double was 2015, I don’t remember an easily accessible ice machine.

I was at the Inn first week of December and the dinners are brought to your room.  Took about 30 minutes from when I called and ordered.  Gratuity is built in to the room charge.

Lunches are call and then pick up yourself.  They were handing out vouchers from free lunches which I took advantage of.

Breakfasts are either to-go from the menu or the grab n go eggs/bacon/cheese sandwiches.

They've got it down pretty well.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:26 PM, edryer3 said:

I don't recall an ice machine at Chrome Lake either, but I do know they filled up our cooler each day with ice.  That was a nice touch.

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:23 AM, buzlin said:

I don't recall an ice machine at Chrome Lake either, but I do know they filled up our cooler each day with ice.  That was a nice touch.

Heading in a few weeks and staying at the Inn - was that a cooler they gave you or one your bought?

On 1/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, spud3 said:

I was at the Inn first week of December and the dinners are brought to your room.  Took about 30 minutes from when I called and ordered.  Gratuity is built in to the room charge.

Lunches are call and then pick up yourself.  They were handing out vouchers from free lunches which I took advantage of.

Breakfasts are either to-go from the menu or the grab n go eggs/bacon/cheese sandwiches.

They've got it down pretty well.

Do share - where are these grab-n-go sandwiches?  First time staying on premises. 

• Like 1

The grab-n-go breakfast sandwiches (bacon, egg & cheese on an English muffin) are available at all the restaurants and the turn-stands.  It works for me, as that is my standard pre-round breakfast for home rounds.  And they don't spare the bacon...!

Info here: https://www.bandonsafepractices.golf/food-beverage

If you are are staying in town, Bandon Coffee Cafe has a more home-made tasting version.

Edited by spud3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, pbcolt said:

Heading in a few weeks and staying at the Inn - was that a cooler they gave you or one your bought?

Do share - where are these grab-n-go sandwiches?  First time staying on premises. 

Our own.  

• Like 1

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

On 1/13/2021 at 6:13 PM, spud3 said:

The grab-n-go breakfast sandwiches (bacon, egg & cheese on an English muffin) are available at all the restaurants and the turn-stands.  It works for me, as that is my standard pre-round breakfast for home rounds.  And they don't spare the bacon...!

Info here: https://www.bandonsafepractices.golf/food-beverage

If you are are staying in town, Bandon Coffee Cafe has a more home-made tasting version.

Bandon Coffee Cafe was a bigger NEW experience for me than Sheep Ranch in my last visit.  Raspberry turnovers, OMG.  Breakfast sandwiches, OMG.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 4:04 PM, pbcolt said:

No need to bring you own cooler, they will provide one. Several times we have gotten back to the room to find house keeping has brought a cooler with ice and tossed our beer in it without even asking. 😁

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, scottc25 said:

I just booked today for May 2022 with a Chrome Lake Loft. Looked at some YouTube vids and it looks like it will be good enough for me. Was able to get 7:10a or 7:20a every day.

Did you get the loft of the double?

The loft is like having a mini-golf suite, but with a better common area. Is it just for yourself or as part of a twoball? We stayed in it once and liked it a lot - but in the winter with the rubbish weather it's a pain for dinner and drinks on site.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

2 hours ago, duffer987 said:

Did you get the loft of the double?

The loft is like having a mini-golf suite, but with a better common area. Is it just for yourself or as part of a twoball? We stayed in it once and liked it a lot - but in the winter with the rubbish weather it's a pain for dinner and drinks on site.

The loft. I'm just playing as a single. Taking the family with so needed 2 rooms. We are doing a Griswold cross-country trek from FL. Obv more that just golf happening during the trip.

Edited by scottc25

27 minutes ago, scottc25 said:

The loft. I'm just playing as a single. Taking the family with so needed 2 rooms. We are doing a Griswold cross-country trek from FL. Obv more that just golf happening during the trip.

Sorry to get off topic but with the family stop by Wildlife Safari. Kind of a neat mini zoo and look on Group-On, they have some really, really good deals

53 minutes ago, scottc25 said:

Gotcha! That'll work perfect then. It really is like a small two-bedroom flat (minus the kitchen).

Edited by duffer987

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.